OtakuBoards

Maverick Hunters: Replimasters

Flash

[i]Proteus silently made his way to the back of the room.[/i]

[b]Proteus:[/b] This time, I'm not going to make the same mistake...

[i]He approached one of the wall terminals and stood still. He closed his eyes and as he did so, his chest plate folded open with a soft whirring sound.

Underneath the chest plate was a small USB dataport, which allowed him to connect various devices to his body.

In the last battle, Proteus had tried to download weapon programs remotely, but he wasn't able to connect to HQ. This time, he wanted to try something different: he would take a Data Cube with him, so that he could automatically process weapon programs without needing to remotely link to HQ.

Proteus typed on the terminal for a moment, bringing up various schematics for the various models of Data Cube available. He selected one (which included some 90 individual weapons programs) and pressed "Return".

A small port on the terminal opened and ejected a little cube with a USB plug on one of its sides.

Proteus took the cube and plugged it directly into the dataport underneath his chest plate. He closed his chest plate carefully.[/i]

[b]Zero:[/b] You okay?

[b]Proteus:[/b] Yeah...I'm fine...don't worry, this time everything will be alright.

[b]Zero:[/b] You're not still blaming yourself for Flash's death, are you?

[b]Proteus:[/b] ...

[i]Zero sighed and put his hand on Proteus' shoulder.[/i]

[b]Zero:[/b] We're all in this together. Don't worry. :)

[i]Proteus smiled weakly.

Even though Zero was effectively Flash's "replacement", it didn't feel right to him. Of course, Proteus didn't know as much about Zero as the others and thus, he had no reason to automatically dislike him. And it seemed to Proteus that Zero was truly attempting to forge a friendship with the group.

Nevertheless, Proteus knew that he didn't want the group to suffer a second loss...even if it was the loss of someone which some elements of the group didn't particularly like.

Proteus was now ready for battle. He felt confident this time, but little did he know, the Data Cube he had taken was a newer model and was slightly malfunctional...[/i]

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[i]Chaos's face was drawn emotionless as he was installing some information about the Power Grid that was held within his buster. But, still waters run deep. Zero had gotten under his skin. Chaos slightly shook with rage. Demos had told him about Zero and his little misadventures.[/i]

[b]Chaos:[/b] [i]And HE calls ME a threat...? I'll never understand it.. What did I ever do to him? Is it the fact that I was created before him? Maybe he's just mean... I don't know...[/i]

[i]Chaos continued to work, installing a type of flamethrower into his Grid's memory, also recharging the D-Saber's cells to maximum. Chaos wasn't sure of what to do next, seeing as how this was his first combat mission (that he would remember). so he just sat, watching what was going down around him...[/i]

Y'see Neil, I've come across this thing called a 'social life' in the last few weeks... But it's taking up massive amounts of my Internet time -__-;;
-------------------------------

[I]Zero shook his head, and left the armoury, shouting over his back as he walks out the sliding steel doors...[/I]

[B]Zero:[/B] Squad 0, we're moving out..

[I]He continued walking, towards the garage. He presses a button on the door's control panel, and the door slides open, silently... Ahead of him lay an assortment of large APCs... He of course, took the largest one, the squad's assigned vehicle. Every squad in the Maverick hunters had it's own vehicle... And being the elite squad, Squad 0 got the biggest and most heavily armed, of course. Zero opened the APC, and got in, sitting in the pilot's chair... He waits. Hopefully the rest of the squad wouldn't be too long..[/I]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]Y'see Neil, I've come across this thing called a 'social life' in the last few weeks... But it's taking up massive amounts of my Internet time -__-;;[/B]
[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Lol, that would be me too. I have a 'social life' too. ^_^

Sorry, I haven't posted in ages. :(

-----

[SIZE=1][i]Still in the armoury, Nova noticed that Zero had walked out into the garage.

Quickly, he grabbed a flamer upgrade for his Buster, for the upcoming battle with the Ice Replimasters, he twisted it onto the end of his Buster and then knocked it in with his other hand to secure it.

He then glanced quickly at the sabers and picked up a heat-driven sabre, an X-Sabre. He flicked it on and a bright red beam shot up, glowing violently, Nova could feel the heat on his face from it. He flicked it off and put it in one of the leather pouches at his waist.

For his last choice, he grabbed a red, ice-retardant shield and strapped it onto his back before running out into the garage after Zero.

He saw Squad 0's ACP and walked over to it, knowing he had some time left before they went. He slid open the passenger door and sat down on one of the seats, eagerly waiting for the others to arrive. He and Zero noticed each other at the same time.[/i]

[b]Zero:[/b] Nova, are the others ready yet?

[i]Nova poked his head out of the door and saw some of Squad 0 moving toward the garage.[/i]

[b]Nova:[/b] Yeah, they'll be here soon.

[b]Zero:[/b] Good.[/SIZE]

[I] As he walked into the large Garage, the door sliding shut behind him, Warlock surveyed the large hanger bay, before walking past the large group of APCs... Making his way over to the hover-bike area, Warlock selected his black and red bike, grabbing it and holding it above his head... He walked back to ALPHA, ducking through the open door so his hover-bike wouldn't hit the top of the door, then placed it on a rack next to the door... He sat down on the co-pilot seat next to Zero, but totally ignored him, turning to Nova...[/I]

[B]Warlock:[/B] "So, are you ready?"

[B]Nova:[/B] "Yep. Got everything I'll need against those ice Replimasters."

[B]Warlock:[/B] "Perfect."

[I]Swinging his chair around, he began to run some simulations on the computer...[/I]

[i]The rear hatch to the APC opened, and Marth walked in.[/i]

[b]Marth:[/b]We about ready to leave?

[b]Zero:[/b]Just about. We will just wait for the others.

[i]Marth nodded, and closed his eyes. He was suddenly greeted with a vision of Blues, planting a bomb inside him. Marth, greatly puzzled by this, opened his eyes. Why would Blues be planting a bomb inside him? It didn't make any scence....[/i]

[I]After running a few simulations, Warlock swivelled around on his chair, turning to Marth, who looked slightly troubled...[/I]

[B]Warlock:[/B] "Hey, Marth, what's the problem?"

[I]Marth's eyes snapped open, and he looked at Warlock, surprised... Marth was about to explain the vision of Blues, but his eyes quickly found Warlock's sunglasses, which was made from Blues' original visor... "I can't make him think his older brother, the first person he ever knew, could possibly be evil..." he thought as he began to open his mouth...[/I]

[B]Marth:[/B] Oh... It's nothing, really."

[I]Warlock's sunglasses shifted a tiny bit, signifying Warlock was slightly raising one eye...[/I]

[B]Warlock:[/B] "Are you sure? You don't seem okay."

[B]Marth:[/B] "No, it was nothing. I was just thinking about the coming battle."

[B]Warlock:[/B] "If you say so..."

[I]Marth closed his eyes again, trying to find some fact behind his vision, while Warlock kept his eyes planted on him...[/I]

[i]Marth closed his eyes again, and wished Warlock would stop looking at him. With a swift mental command from his central processor, he activated the infared scanners on his eyelids. He shifted his eyeballs over to where Warlock was sitting, and he had turned away. he deactivated the infared scanners, and then saw Blues fiddling with his power cuplings, and hotwire a vocator box onto them. Yet more mystery...Was the bomb controleld by Blues's voice activcation..? Marth got restless, and activated his double saber, and twirled around, his eyes still closed...And wondered...Why was Blues at the HQ?[/i]

I don't think we know if Blues is even alive, MM... But I'll wait and see where you're going with this.
--------

[B]Zero:[/B] I wish the others would hurry up... I'm getting impatient.

[I]Proteus was the first to arrive. He heard Zero as he walked into the APC, and spoke to him.[/I]

[B]Proteus:[/B] They're coming now. Won't be long.

[B]Zero:[/B] Good..

[I]Zero started up the APC, consoles and monitors fading into life... He crosses his arms, and waits for the others.[/I]

I don't think we know if Blues is even alive, MM... But I'll wait and see where you're going with this.[/quote]
--------
That would be a good idea..Wait and see...
----------------------------------------------------------

[i]A Zero begins to fall asleep, the rest of Squad 0 board the APC. Zero snaps awake, and starts up the controls.[/i]

[b]Zero:[/b]All right, everybody strap in!

[i]The APC lifts off, and flies twords it's destination...[/i]

[B]Y'see Neil, I've come across this thing called a 'social life' in the last few weeks... But it's taking up massive amounts of my Internet time -__-;; [/B][/QUOTE]

*ignores semi-insulting side of comment* Strange, mine seems to have died within the past few weeks... YOU STOLE MINE!!! DAMN J00!!

[B]I don't think we know if Blues is even alive, MM... But I'll wait and see where you're going with this.[/B][/QUOTE]

That's why it was a vision...:P

*experiences acute WB and shall edit or post new ideas*

[I]The APC's boosters kicked in, as the last of the squad arrived. Zero looked back, and saw the rest of sqaud zero entering the APC through the main loading ramp... It closed after them, and Zero moved the APC out...[/I]

[B]Zero:[/B] [i]Should anything happen, I know X can handle it...[/i]

[I]The APC lifted into the air, and sped out of the garage... Zero wanted this mission over quick. Only two replimasters, and both were elementally aligned... 'Ice replimasters in a Oil refinery? Puh-lease.' he thought to himself... '...this'll be over shortly.'[/I]

[i]Proteus walked into the APC's weapons bay, to double check his weaponry.

He also wanted to make sure that his Data Cube would be able to transmit the weapon codes to his limbs quickly.

He sat down and raised his right arm. And with a flick of the wrist, his hand morphed into a standard buster.[/i]

[b]Proteus:[/b] Good...

[i]He flicked his wrist again and this time, the buster doubled in size.[/i]

[b]Proteus:[/b] Excellent...

[i]And once more, he flicked his wrist. This time, each side of the buster opened up to reveal small homing missile ports (the missiles were only tiny, but could be used in conjunction with standard buster fire).

Proteus smiled to himself. He felt more confident now.

He flicked his wrist again and now, his buster extended and the opening at the end tightened up -- he'd created an Ice Buster.

Proteus nodded and stood up. Now he was ready for anything...[/i]

[SIZE=1][i]Nova looked out of the window to see scenery rushing past them at a tremoundous speed. It made him feel a bit dizzy, but he thought that was okay for a rookie.

He got out of his seat and walked around to see what everyone was doing. Proteus was checking his buster, it was quite amazing to see all the add-ins he had given his buster.[/i]

[b]Nova:[/b] Hey Proteus.

[b]Proteus:[/b] Hey, I have created an Ice Buster.

[i]Proteus held up his buster, smiling.[/i]

[b]Nova:[/b] Whoa... how do you make your buster do all those things?

[b]Proteus:[/b] Easy.

[i]He showed Nova the Data Cube.[/i]

[b]Nova:[/b] So that cube transmits all the available data in order for you to create a new weapon?

[b]Proteus:[/b] Yes, it's very useful.

[b]Nova:[/b] As I can see...

[i]Nova walked up to the front of the APC to see the huge front screen, objects rushing past as the engines purred gently, driving the APC forward. Zero was concentrating on his piloting of the APC.[/i]

[b]Nova:[/b] Hey Zero, how long do you think it will take to get to the Oil Refinery?

[b]Zero:[/b]... If we keep going at this speed, we'll get there in an hour, maybe less.

[b]Nova:[/b] Oh good. See you later.

[b]Zero:[/b] Seeya.

[i]Nova walked back to his seat and sat down. He didn't feel like talking to anyone, he was just concentrating on the Ice Replimasters, and his first battle as a Maverick Hunter rookie.[/i][/SIZE]

[i]Chaos silently sat in the APC, going over each and every one of his files that had been stored over in his memory banks.

[b]Project: Silence:: Codename: Havoc: Site II:: Chaos

Chaos:: Second Product of the new type of robots with sentience; Remodel of Havoc, Edition VI

[u]Encripted Message Found:: Greetings Chaos. I am Doctor Levia. I have created you in a joint deal with Doctor Wily. At this point in time, our goal was to defeat Rock, Blues, and all of Light's creations and take over the world. Yes, it may seem cliched, but it is our dream to see Thomas Light writhing in agony.

I personally have no intentions for ruling the world, but Light and Wily are in my way. Which is what this message is about. Both of them have tried to delete you several times over, which is why I was forced to lock you in your capsule for 30 years, so that once you reawaken, you'll be able to live your life out like a normal 'Reploid', as it has been dubbed in these times.

But there is one thing I want you to do. I want to look after your brothers: Bass, Max, and Demos. Your second objective is to destroy the ZERO project. Wily's jealousy of a robot which is stronger than his ultimate creaton is what drove him completely over the edge; he's trying to delete you because of your superior strength.

Should you find yourself alone, and your brothers and your enemy gone, I want you to do good, instead of Wily's programming. You must correct my horrible wrong doings. I want you to live a life I never thought I could have. Farewell, my son...[/u]

End Message[/b]

For a few more minutes, Chaos ran through his databanks some more, covering all of his system schematics. He finally came to a file within his memory that seemed to glisten to his computer mind. When he accessed it, his body went limp for a few seconds, then came back online.

But when he moved again, his armor shimmered, turning a silverish-grey color. His artificial hair sucked back into his body, the opposite as what Proteus's did. Everyone except Zero stared at Chaos, eyes buldging with shock. Chaos soon spoke, with a hollow, machanical tone (Think Android 16)[/i]

[b]Chaos:[/b] [b]Havoc System Activated:: Primary Systems Online; Secondary Systems At 83%; Back-Up Programs 55%.[/b]

[i]There was a long pause, before Chaos stood upright, eyes black, soulless pools on no remorse. When Chaos--or whoever this was now--spoke again, it was in a cool, calm, and collected tone.[/i]

[b]?????:[/b] Greetings. You may now call me Havoc. But my memory still remains... Hmm... Most strange. I'll have to look into this when we return to HQ...

[b]Warlock:[/b] He... He... He sounds like Demos...

[b]Havoc:[/b] The answer to that is simple, Warlock. Demos gave me/Chaos a disc, which contained both his and Bass' memory, weapons information, and Demos's voice modulation, for you heard how bare my voice was before.

[b]Omega:[/b] I'll be dammed... So, basically, you're Demos now, just in a new body?

[b]Havoc:[/b] Yup.

[i]And with that said, Havoc began to explain everything about himself, [b]except[/b] for his missions in which Dr. Levia had given him...[/i]

[B]Zero:[/B] [i]Havoc, now? I wish he'd make up his damned mind and choose a name...[/i]

[I]After an hour or so, Zero slammed the brakes of the APC on, and signalled the squad to move out. Not that many of them were paying attention anyway... The ramp at the back of the large hover transport lowered to the ground, and the hunters exited. Zero came out last, muttering under his breath... He wanted respect, and it looked like he'd have to earn it the hard way... But for now, there was a mission to complete.

They looked around... They were here. The parking facility of a large oil refinery... Most of the cars were overturned and shot up... It looked like there had been quite a large battle here. Zero glanced up at the skyline... It didn't seem like any damage had been sustained to the towers of the complex, or the massive spherical storage tanks. Zero looked down from there, and saw the huge double steel doors leading into the core of the refinery... They looked charred, as if they had been hit with lazer fire... Zero frowned... Something wasn't right... But nevertheless, the rest of the squad was already at the doors. Zero ran and caught up with them.[/I]

[B]Warlock:[/B] These doors are locked tight.

[B]Nova:[/B] So the Replimasters are inside, right?

[I]A massive dent erupted from inside the complex... Everyone recoiled, as it happened again, and again, until finally, the door burst open... A huge hand grabbed one of the doors, and ripped it off completely... He then stepped out... He was a large Reploid, 10 feet tall at least, dwarfing everyone else in the squad... Warlock's eye grew wide in fear...[/I]

[B]Warlock:[/B] Guts...

[I]Guts picked up a large drum of oil, and hurled it at the squad... They dived out of the way, as the barrel exploded, sending flames and shrapnel in a large radius... Laying on the ground next to each other, Zero looked angrily at Warlock..[/I]

[B]Zero:[/B] Warlock! You informed me there would only be two Ice Replimasters here! We're not prepared for a battle with Guts as well!

[B]Warlock:[/B] I don't know! I'm only the messenger, the signal we picked up said there were two Ice replimasters here!

[B]Zero:[/B] Are you implying that was a hoax? A false signal to lure us here..!?

[B]Proteus:[/B] It's an ambush...

[B]Zero:[/B] Dammit... We've got to retreat. We'll head back to HQ and get back up. Then we'll--

[I]Zero was interupted by a massive explosion in one of the storage tanks... Then, around the entire outer rim of the facility, huge explosions went off, one after another... Two Replimasters appeared... [/I]

[B]Zero:[/B] Bomb... And Grenade.

[B]Bomb:[/B] Gwahahahaha!! Get our signal, hunter? We have Gemini to thank for that.

[B]Zero:[/B] Gemini... Is he here too?!

[B]Grenade:[/B] Unfortunately not... But I assure you, we have some other comrades with whom to crush you...

[I]A streak zoomed across the sky... It stopped above the refinery, and fell towards the ground. Another one, this one on the ground, sped towards the squad from the east, and finally, one in the shape of a car pulled up on their western side. The car transformed, into a tall Replimaster... Now the squad had another three enemies to deal with... Turbo, Quick, and Top...[/I]

[B]Bomb:[/B] Gwahaha! We're the perfect combination of Speed and Power! You're cornered! Nowhere to run, hunters!

[I]Zero looked at the Replimasters, and drew his Z sabre... The rest of the squad went into battle stances as well... This was the time for fighting... the APC lowered to the ground, and extended its stabilisers... The twin buster cannons on its roof swivelled to face the replimasters... This was the standoff... There was nearly one enemy for every Hunter... Zero yelled a command, and the battle commenced...[/I]

[i]Nova extended his Fire Buster onto his hand and ran towards the Reploid nearest him, Top. Since none of them were actually of the Ice element, killing them with a Fire Buster may be quite hard.

In all this thinking, Nova looked up quickly to find that Top was gone. He spun round and Top was standing behind him, instantly Nova jumped back, firing wildly from his Fire Buster. But the plasma fire seemed to glide past Top as he moved slightly out of the way of each shot.

In the recoil, Nova fell backwards, but quickly he got up and shook his head. As soon as he looked up he saw Top charging full speed at him, Nova had no chance to get away and was hit with a flying kick to the chest.

Nova flew back and skidded across the ground. He slowly got back up and he disengaged his Fire Buster, it folded back into his forearm.[/i]

[b]Top:[/b] Hahaha! Can't you beat me, rookie?

[b]Nova:[/b] I could beat you if you weren't that fast..

[b]Top:[/b] Too fast for you, eh?

[i]Nova frowned and grabbed the massive sheild from his back, he then took his Sabre and engaged the bright red beam. He got into a more aggressive fighting stance.[/i]

[b]Nova:[/b]Bring it on.

[i]Havoc slowly circled around Turbo, D-Saber drawn and gleeming with an unearth energy glow. Havoc's back parted, making way for an shield to pop out. It looked remarkibly like a Proto Shield, but that wasn't the point.[/i]

[b]Havoc:[/b] So, Maverick, are you ready to go toe-to-toe with an A-Class hunter?

[b]Turbo:[/b] Strange, you sound exactly like Drake...

[b]Havoc:[/b] Mostly because I'm him in a new BODY!!

[i]As soon as Havoc screamed out 'BODY', he charged forward, the icy blue beam of the D-Saber leaving energy trails as Havoc barreled forward, using his boosters to their full. In no time at all, Havoc was upon Turbo. But Turbo was not to be defeated so easily. He rushed forward, knocking Havoc over with just the sheer speed of his movements.

Now, Havoc was standing up, grunting, a little dizzy. Turbo laughed, seening his opponent in pain. But Turbo stopped laughing, when he heard Havoc's voice rising in his own malicious chuckle.[/i]

[b]Havoc:[/b] HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Don't get your hopes up Turbo. Take a look at your left arm!

[i]Turbo looked down at his left joint/elbow, cursing in shock. There was a small slash in it, sparks shooting out like crazy. When Turbo looked back up, he was immedietly run over, face bashed with Havoc's shield.[/i]

[b]Havoc:[/b] Lesson one! Never take your eyes off of your opponenet!

[i]Marth ignited his double bladed saber, and rushed at Bomb, avoiding exposions, twirling his saber, and defelecting stray shots. Just as he was so close to Bomb, a voice came to him as he saw a figure in the shadows..[/i]

[b]Voice:[/b]Hello, little brother.

[b]Marth:[/b]Who?...Burnerman.

[b]Burn:[/b]That's right.

[b]Marth:[/b]How am I your brother?

[b]Burn:[/b]Let me talk to our next member, guys. Just deal with the other losers.

Long ago, Marth, I remembered you being built..You were only in the blueprints, but you were there. You were originally supposed to be the only Reploid in the command of Lord Wily. But that fool Protoman burst in, and 'rescued' you. I tried to find you, as you are the only thing that I have as a "family" member. I searched all over, finally finding these other Mavricks to complete my plan..But just in case it didn't work, I desguised myself as Blues, and planted a bomb in you. So if you don't join me..

[b]Marth:[/b]I'll never join you!

[b]Burn:[/b]Fine, Marth. Have it your way..*presses a button*

[b]Warlock:[/b]What...? Oh. No...