OtakuBoards

Techno or Trance

Ice Dragon v2

What do you prefer  

16 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer

• Techno
    • Trance

techno... thats like saying pop music... is has so much incorporated in it. Trance is part of techno music.

Techno music has within it's groups trance, house, rave, acid, techno-pop, techno-rock, this that or another. While trance has it's limited variations.. Goa Trance, Progressive Trance, Hard Trance, etc etc etc.

I do prefer Trance over all the other genres of Techno, but sometimes I need more variation. My favorite form of Trance is deffinantly Goa.

[color=royalblue]Both styles have their benefits. And I like a broad range when it comes to electronic music.

Sometimes I like listening to house/rave style music...sometimes I like ambient or neo classical and other times I like progressive/experimental electronica.

If you're interested in some more weird/progressive/unusual stuff, try downloading these tracks:

[b]Orbital:[/b] Halcyon + On + On
[b]Aphex Twin:[/b] Windowlicker
[b]Orbital:[/b] Doctor? (A cool remix of the Dr. Who theme)
[b]Orbital:[/b] Funny Breaks
[b]Jakatta:[/b] American Dream (Different Gear Mix)

Those are a few of the songs I'm listening to at the moment...although none of them are really within my favourite style of music -- but I guess I feel like a change at the moment. ;)[/color]

[color=royalblue][size=1]:thumbsdown: You don't know what the hell you're talking about pal. If you wanted to make this poll much better, you should've said "trance or dance" or even "trance vs jungle" (and all progressives).

Trance - trance mostly have words in them.. or if not, mostly parts where there are stops in the song. Go listen to some ATB tracks, those are trance my friend. Also, songs with lyrics in them can either be trance or dance. Both of their equal share of lyrics. Dance - this has more of a "thump" and doesn't really stop - keeps on going and going. Some of Ferry Corsten's music, Sasha and John Digweed, and Paul van Dyke. Some of the people I've listed came be both trance/dance.

I am not trying to be a prick and all, but just get your **** straight before you make a fool out of yourself. Oh and for your poll,if there were a selection for dance up there, I would pick it. I do love trance too... ah, I just don't know. Both I guess.

- MG[/size][/color]

I'm not into either of them but on the whole trance is alot better. The tunes usually sound alot 'prettier' and there are no dumbas.s lyrics makin you wana choke laughing :p (no offence to people who like this music but "somebody answer the phone" over and over again is not what I call lyrics...you know what I'm on about...Alice DJ and all that lot)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MysticGohan [/i]
[B][color=royalblue][size=1]:thumbsdown: You don't know what the hell you're talking about pal. If you wanted to make this poll much better, you should've said "trance or dance" or even "trance vs jungle" (and all progressives).

Trance - trance mostly have words in them.. or if not, mostly parts where there are stops in the song. Go listen to some ATB tracks, those are trance my friend. Also, songs with lyrics in them can either be trance or dance. Both of their equal share of lyrics. Dance - this has more of a "thump" and doesn't really stop - keeps on going and going. Some of Ferry Corsten's music, Sasha and John Digweed, and Paul van Dyke.

I am not trying to be a prick and all, but just get your **** straight before you make a fool out of yourself. Oh and for your poll,if there were a selection for dance up there, I would pick it. I do love trance too... ah, I just don't know. Both I guess.

- MG[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

ACK ACK ACK! You spelled Paul van Dyk wrong..... lol sorry, I just point that out because so many people do it... he's my favorite artist and just love everything about his music...

ATB is not what I would consider trance... more house music I guess.... or Trance-pop mix... but I dunno... I guess it could be... however I will disagree on what you said about Trance songs having lyrics... most Trance songs don't have lyrics, take Paul van Dyk for perfect example... 80% of his songs don't have lyrics... and when they do, it's most a very small amount (ie: We're Alive).. same with Paul Oakenfold's original music, Sasha, BT, etc etc etc. The Trance oriented artist in America do have a more favoring taste toward lyrics, but the Euro Trance Artist like to stick with the music only.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ice Dragon v2 [/i]
[B]Both are excellent for club/dance music. But there are a lot of people who likes one of the other. If you don't know the difference techno has the lyrics and trance is straight up music. So what do you prefer?? [/B][/QUOTE]

Depends on my mood. Me, being the raver that i am, love both. If I am in one of those 'Chill' High's, where all i wanna do is sit there, and just, chill, Trance is good. Because it helps enhance the high, and reach the ultimate state of Chillage. Normal techno, I love to rave to, when I'm at a rave, trance if fun to, but Techno (usually faster paced) Is fun as well.

Mixes Like Sandstorm, and come Crystal meth tracks are cool. irene is awesome. i have some realllly cool catroon theme songs remixed in techno versions. Those are pretty good.

MG, Chill out man. No need to jump down his throat. Your the one that needs a reality check *******.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

ACK ACK ACK! You spelled Paul van Dyk wrong..... lol sorry, I just point that out because so many people do it... he's my favorite artist and just love everything about his music...
[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=purple]*sigh*

I don't think Gackt will be very happy to hear this TN-san..

okay, now personally, I don't see what the big deal is.. I love techno and trance.. it really depends on my mood.. I LIKE ALICE DJ VELVET PAWS!!! and not only b/c my name is Alice.. but I like her music.. better than that "Oops I did it again" that hardly constitues as music to me.. but truly it depends on my mood.. Trance and Techno aren't my favorite genres of music, that slot is currently occupied by Alternative.. but every now and then I like to dip my toes into the celestial Trance pool.. of the two I was forced to pick Trance, I love it to death.. and it fits better with me..

but now I challenge the rest of you..

Would you consider these to be Trance, Techno, Dance, Club, or N.O.T.A?

1)Eifel 65's "Blue (Da ba de)" and "Move Your Body"

2)Sonique's "It Feels So Good" and "Sky"

3)ATC's "Around the World"

and..

4)The killer music on Queer as Folk[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DBZChikaGhan [/i]
[B]

[color=purple]*sigh*

I don't think Gackt will be very happy to hear this TN-san..

but now I challenge the rest of you..

Would you consider these to be Trance, Techno, Dance, Club, or N.O.T.A?

1)Eifel 65's "Blue (Da ba de)" and "Move Your Body"

2)Sonique's "It Feels So Good" and "Sky"

3)ATC's "Around the World"

and..

4)The killer music on Queer as Folk[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I still love Gackt, but he doesn't make Trance music, unfortunantly.

Trance - Most things by Paul Oakenfold, who was one of the pioneers of Trance music to help it become as popular as it is in Europe. Other examples: BT, esspecially from his first album, Ima. Pual van Dyk... pretty much all of his albums except Politics of Dancing. And a totally variety of other music.

Techno - as stated before, this is to broad a category. It's like saying what you think "rock" is... or "pop"... you cannot give a clear deffinition.

Dance - ANYTHING can be considered dance music... but I think I like to refer to Dance music as something similar to 2-Unlimited and more poppy, upbeat styles of music.

Club - Club music is most likely to have strong beat, esspecially in the bass drum and other bass related sounds. Most club music is remixed. Club and Rave are similar, albeit not the same... they do share some of the same sounds, such as that very prominant beat of bass sounds.

Eiffel 65.... thats what I call Dance music myself. They do have club mixes of some of their songs... like Blue and Move your Body. They also have strong variation in their sound... one song can be trancy and the next can be rather distorted in sound. But hey, they're Italian and have a good sense of music.

I don't think I've heard the exact two songs from Sonique, but I have heard some songs from her/them. Again, I'd say it deffinantly Dance. Again, look back to my deffinition to Dance music.

ATC's Around the world... judging by their album title, Planet Pop, you can see this won't be Trance music... Again, I'd say it's dance. Eiffel 65 is more Trance-oriented then ATC, even in this song. Around the World does have some good club remixes.

The music on Queer as Folk ranges from Trance to Dance to Club music. Darude's Sandstorm was featured, as well as the popualr 80's tune "Let's here it for the boys".... and then just some awesome club/dance music. It deffinantly focuses around those types of music.

[COLOR=purple]EEEE!!

*showers Tn-san with kisses*

THANK YOU!

DOMO ARIGATO!

GRACIAS!

I've been trying to remember for the longest time who did "Sandstorm" Darude.. oh thank god..

but anyways.. trying to salvage all hope of staying on topic.. one last artist.. what about Kylie Minogue's "Can't get you out of my head"?[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DBZChikaGhan [/i]
[B][COLOR=purple]

but anyways.. trying to salvage all hope of staying on topic.. one last artist.. what about Kylie Minogue's "Can't get you out of my head"?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Pop with a hint of dance beats. But it's deffinantly just your average pop type song.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]i don't really listen to either unless i'm at a rave. but as long as i can dance my *** off, i have no preference. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=purple]pretty much the same thing with me.. I don't really tend to care or differ betweent hem.. as long as it has a good beat.. i like it.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]Trance... I tried house and dance once, but it just wasn't anywhere near as good, IMHO. What's this 'jungle'? I don't know that much about Techno, really... ^_^; [/B][/QUOTE]

Jungle uses alot of "jungle" type sounds lol. Like Monkey sounds, bamboo and the like. There's a jungle mix of "Cha-La Head Cha-la" from DBZ. Go download it. ::in Japanese fan girl voice:: It very good!

[color=indigo] I am not a huge fan of either and, to be honest, I only enjoy them during two occasions. I really enjoy both when it has a heavy, super fast, dark beat (something that a fight scene could be choriographed to) when I workout. Second, I enjoy them at raves or clubs when beautiful girls are everywhere, dancing their rears off.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heaven's Cloud [/i]
[B][color=indigo] I am not a huge fan of either and, to be honest, I only enjoy them during two occasions. I really enjoy both when it has a heavy, super fast, dark beat (something that a fight scene could be choriographed to) when I workout. Second, I enjoy them at raves or clubs when beautiful girls are everywhere, dancing their rears off.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree totally. I have had daydreams where I was fighting, and it was to a perfect techno song. I was at a rave one time, and I just was dong my raving thing, and this chick just walks up, and starts frakin' with me. needless to say, I got that phone number.