OtakuBoards

Doesnt it Suck that Gohan becomes so weak?

hemmorhoid

i thought it was so cool how gohan was the strongest and beat the **** out of cell
but i hate the big skip in time where all gohan does is go to school and rescue humans and after all that study time he has become weaker then he was 7 years ago as a kid

i really think that sux, i mean hes goku son
he should atleast be stronger than vegeta

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, it does suck, but did you notice that during the tournament that Shin (the supreme kai, excuse my crappy spelling) made the comment that Gohan was "still the strongest fighter in this tournament". Then again, Shin underestimated alot of things.

Gohan does become weaker.but when the Rou-Dai Kaioshin trains him, he has the exact power of SSJ2 without transforming. he is weak until the mid-range of the Majin Buu saga. then he is equally as strong as Goku and Vejita

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RiffRaff [/i]
[B]Gohan does become weaker.but when the Rou-Dai Kaioshin trains him, he has the exact power of SSJ2 without transforming. he is weak until the mid-range of the Majin Buu saga. then he is equally as strong as Goku and Vejita [/B][/QUOTE]

Acutally, I don't mean to nitpick, lol, but his power in mystic form is closer to SSJ3. Which, essentially, makes him a head over Vegita in terms of strength. But, if you think he's weak here, wait until you see him in DBGT. He's not much of a major player overall.

You are all right Gohan was so much better when he was younger and now he seems to be very weak and look how he was training with Goten and Goten was giving him a challenge and also Vegeta made a comment that Gohan was weaker than him because had went to school and quit training. Whats that tell ya?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jlow [/i]
[B]You are all right Gohan was so much better when he was younger and now he seems to be very weak and look how he was training with Goten and Goten was giving him a challenge and also Vegeta made a comment that Gohan was weaker than him because had went to school and quit training. Whats that tell ya? [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, it's not like he was trying his hardest in sparring with Goten. He was definitely going easy on him.

still i think its a shame
especially after he beat cell he should deserve more credit
it would b fair if he atleast became 2nd strongest after goku once again beating vegeta in strength

well thats the way it went so we have to accept it
atleast goku remains the strongest all the way through DBZ and DBGT

Technicly he is not weaker than when he was a kid. It jus seems the way cause everyone else is stronger. ;) Also i think the only reason Vegeta was stronger in Buu was that he was Majin and equal with Goku. If he was normal Vegeta and Gohan would probably be the same. On the same topic it is a shame in the end of DBZ and throughout DBGT he kinda fades into the backround. So much potential wasted. He could have been SSJ3 and 4 right up there with his dad and Vegeta. Ah well, such is life.

Actually, Gohan is the strongest character in dbz. After he tries to become mystic ssj gohan, he becomes as strong as 6 ssj gokus put together in normal state. the only reason he is weak in dbgt is because akira toryama didn't make the series the guy who did changed it. :flaming:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by spike speigel [/i]
[B]Actually, Gohan is the strongest character in dbz. After he tries to become mystic ssj gohan, he becomes as strong as 6 ssj gokus put together in normal state. the only reason he is weak in dbgt is because akira toryama didn't make the series the guy who did changed it. :flaming: [/B][/QUOTE]

Exactly, I want to get my hands on the guy who made DBGT. He changed everything, I mean, even Vegeta's hair!! Gohan would be above and beyond. Plus, everyone knows Akira Toriyama, but the guy who made DBGT is always "whoever made DBGT" I bet no one knows! j/k, cuz you are all DBZ masters and probably know it :laugh:

I'm gonna straighten this out for you all. Gohan does become a little weaker. But remeber he oes turn S.S.J 2 remeber. When they are releasing Fat Buu from his ball, Gohan gets completly mad. He almost goes as strong as he did when he fought Cell. Actually Gohan does lose a little of his powers. He gets stronker when he fights Vegi. Gohan does get a little weaker.

-Spikey

when he defeated cell his power is a step below SSJ3 but way above 2. SSJ3 your hair grows extremely long and you lose your eye brows for some reason and that never happens to Gohan ever. He never exceeds level 2. there isnt any appearence difference from Lv 1 and Lv 2 just a power boost. a little ways after where cartoon network is, goku fights buu but to entertain him he goes through every stage of a SSJ and its very cool.

Guest Learchey
Yeah i think that it does sux that Gohan becomes weaker but when he does mystic Gohan he becomes stronger than Gotenks level 3. But i do think that he should become stronger and become a ssj3.

but also u gotta remember that gohan dosen't exactly like to fight he does it because he respects his dad and when his dad dies his mom totally takes over and dosen't let him train as hard as his dad would have let him done so in all of course gohan was going to get weaker most of us knew it a soon as goku died.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Learchey [/i]
[B]Yeah i think that it does sux that Gohan becomes weaker but when he does mystic Gohan he becomes stronger than Gotenks level 3. But i do think that he should become stronger and become a ssj3. [/B][/QUOTE]

I dunno bout that. Where in the show does it prove he is Stronger then Gotenks Lvl 3?

Most of Gohan's power comes from his battle rages. In the english version, they don't dwell on it too much, but I know Vegeta mentions it during the fight with Freeza, briefly.

And when they're in the spaceship, right before stage one Vegeta says something like "Gohan has been to busy going on dates to do any real training." In the original Japanese, Vegeta says something like "Me and Kakarrot are the higher powers now, but then again, all Gohan has to do is go into a rage and he's right there with us."

And that's how it's been all throughout DBZ... Goku and Vegeta are always stronger, but when Gohan get's pissed, he surpasses everyone.

but then potentially son gohan could still become the strongest ever

i mean he was the strongest in the universe at the age of 10 or so

and at that age son goku was probably one thousandth as strong

so in that respect if gohan really started to train he could easily have become the strongest because theres no doubt he is the most talented

although maybe son goten is more talented

• 3 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by hemmorhoid [/i]
[B]i mean hes goku son
he should atleast be stronger than vegeta [/B][/QUOTE]

Technically he shouldn't be stronger than Vegeta just cos he's Goku's son, Vegeta should be stronger than Gohan as he is pure blooded Saiyan. In fact Vegeta should be stronger than Goku, as he has royal saiyan blood and was declared a saiyan elite when he was born, while goku was merely a 3rd class saiyan. But goku has the power of good on his side. And he can kick a**

P.S Goten, Trunks and Gohan can never be the strongest ever for the same reason, they're not pure blooded SJ.

In Dead Zone it shows that Gohan has the ability to surpass Goku because Goku and Piccolo were fighting Garlic Jr and losing when Gohan woke up went into a rage and knocked Garlic Jr into his own Dead Zone!:laugh:

I also think it really stinks when he get's weaker, he was so cool in the Cell saga! I hate it when Gohan's fighting Dabura, and Goku says, (on the dub,) "Well at least he gets straight A's." And Gohan is pretty much just as strong as he was when he was fighting Cell, his technique just isn't as good as it used to be, like Vegeta said.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kouberei [/i]
[B] Goku says, (on the dub,) "Well at least he gets straight A's." [/B][/QUOTE]Why, what does it say in the original version

and this has probably been noted, but Trunks, the little one, has the potential, over time, of being the strongest fighter. Trunks and Goten both turned SSJ before Gohan did (in terms of age not in terms of time) and Trunks is slightly more powerful than Goten, so it would be Trunks who potentially could be the strongest, but like i said, that would only be over time as he's so young

saw him rescue Vegeta today Vs Buu, i thought he was going to go SSJ2 cuz of how mad he was, lol. I'm disappointed with that now, LoL

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Goku213 [/i]
[B]Why, what does it say in the original version?[/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=blue]I don't know, I was just pointing it out so people would know what version it was from. Also, I heard that Trunks and Goten [B]can't[/B] go above the first SSJ stage, is that true?[/COLOR]

Gohan would be the strongest if Akira Toriama kept the show to its original plan. after goku died in the cell saga, akira was going to keep him dead abd have gohan be the star, but the fans in japan didn't like it so he dhanged it. I think Gohan would be a lot better as the main character then goku.