Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
well, i don't know about where you people are, but the weather in virginia is freaking insane. yesterday, it topped off at over one hundred degrees. i saw on the news that people were passing out from heat stroke all over the place. i even saw an ambulance loading someone up on the way to this library. & it's only april! what's it going to be like when the hot months hit??

this really sucks for me, b/c i have to take the bus everywhere, which means standing under blazing sun for up to half an hour in one spot. sometimes even longer. i've been walking around the city literally squirting myself with my water bottle. i think i squirt more on myself than i drink. but hey, at least i give the guys a beautiful view of my wet tank top, lol.

this makes me think the whole global warming think might be a big deal after all. it's always hot in virginia over the summer, but i don't ever remember it being this bad. &, come to think of it, this winter was hot, too. i was wearing shorts in february.

well, i'm building an ark just like noah for when the polar ice caps melt. maybe waterworld wasn't so farfetched.

do any of you think it could happen? are we going to be in trouble in a few decades?
Posted
I hear you. Up here in Milwaukee, the weather's been just plain scary. Less than a week ago it was around 30º, and now it's jumped to almost 90º! And this is only April, by the way.:therock:

Watch, we're gonna literally [i]roast[/i] this summer...:flaming:

I think this whole "global warming" stuff is serious. In less than a few decades the glaciers will be half gone, we won't be able to cope and we may go extinct. Sucks to be us, huh?
Posted
here in oregon every summer it gets well over 100.....i wonder what summer will be like........i think i am moveing to antarctica.....NOT its to cold

the whole water world thing.......is totaly starting to make sence when i saw this thread and when you said the part about water would i ran to my library (the one in my house).(a shelf with 100000000 books on it)........i grabed waterworld out and i ma now reading it AGAIN for the 1000000000 time

i would expect that to happen.......hopefull like in water world.........there is dry land out there somewhere.....when it does happen......but ya see i love the water but i dont want to live on the planet or WATER....its just a little to much.....

i can just imagin what 30 years from now would look like...the 30 more.....then 60 more......and so on
Posted
Blah thats normal weather for up north....

Wanna talk about weird weather come to florida... it will be 50 degrees one day, 90 the next and 40 the day after.... Lots of people get sick because of stupid weather here. Up north, once it cold, it stay cold till it gets hot, then it stays hot.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Char-Char,Mander-Char! [/i]
[B]I hear you, bro. Up here in Milwaukee, the weather's been just plain scary. Less than a week ago it was around 30º, and now it's jumped to almost 90º! And this is only April, by the way.:therock:

Watch, we're gonna literally [i]roast[/i] this summer...:flaming:

I think this whole "global warming" stuff is serious. In less than a few decades the glaciers will be half gone, we won't be able to cope and we may go extinct. Sucks to be us, huh? [/B][/QUOTE][COLOR=orangered][FONT=century gothic]No joke...We got snow on April First, after a week of gorgeous weather. Then last Monday it was awful, rain and freezing and wet and cold, and now it's roasting again... And I get to play soccer in all this. Today, I'm gonna melt.[/FONT] [/COLOR]
Posted
[COLOR=deeppink][B]I'm not going to give away where i live but I'll tell you this. A couple of days ago it was in like the 30s. Then by now it's 90 degrees. It's redicaules. I can't stand the heat.

In the Class room we have one window, we open it and it's still blazing hot in th classroom. So we have to open the door, then the people open the dooors to the outside, it's horrible. I can't stand it. Where we live, we don't have cidy busses. Atleast i don't think. [/color][/b]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Char-Char,Mander-Char! [/i]
[B]I hear you, bro.[/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1][color=firebrick]Dude.. Lady Macaiodh is a girl -_- It would have been more correct to say "sis" isntead of "bro". I don't know, there might have been a post that got deleted before yours that was of a guy.. but that just struck me as odd :drunk:

Anyway, eh, Omaha likes to stay hot for the most part. We usually vary between 75-90 degress F over here. Every once in a while we get a cooler day. Like tomorrow!! A high of 50ish for us! Woohoo! I think what really bothers me the mosti s that: 1) My room is the hottest room in the house during the spring and summer (coldest in winter and fall) 2) My school has no air conditioning! It has a [i]million[/i](exaggeration) kids in it and no A/C!! *faints*[/size][/color]
Posted
Spikey, you must live in one of those small towns where everyone knows everybody if you have no city buses.

But moving slightly back to the subject... Our school has no air conditioning or anything. We make due with several fans, but the way things are going up here, fans won't help.
Posted
Hah, here in London it's...bearable. It's actually quite nice, although I've never seen the temperature go form 20 degrees Celcius, to hail in an afternoon. There we go.

The other day, in another city, it was 30 degrees all day. Then the next day it snowed.

:freak: , huh?

Anyway, you lot don't need to worry as much as I do. If global warming happens, britian will be gone.

Those of you in Texas should count yourselves lucky.

Also, has anybody felt the sun was roasting them at 20 degrees Celcius? It's not normal.

:freak: :freak: :freak: :freak: :confused: :confused:
Posted
I live down south in America and it starts to heat up before April, around the end of March. It's HOT. There's humidity at dusk!!!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][SIZE=1][color=firebrick]Dude.. Lady Macaiodh is a girl -_- It would have been more correct to say "sis" isntead of "bro". I don't know, there might have been a post that got deleted before yours that was of a guy.. but that just struck me as odd :drunk:[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
Yeah, I caught that a little while ago. My friend and I were messin around, and in our craziness I put down the "bro" part.

No offense, Lady Macaiodh. :D
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Blah thats normal weather for up north....

Wanna talk about weird weather come to florida... it will be 50 degrees one day, 90 the next and 40 the day after.... Lots of people get sick because of stupid weather here. Up north, once it cold, it stay cold till it gets hot, then it stays hot. [/B][/QUOTE]

lol, true, I live in Texas, and it's always jumping around, but it's been nice lately
Posted
here the forcast is weild. in around 10:55 the clouds were dark all of the sudden and blocking the sun and a few minutes its bright and some of the clouds were dark. expecting rain. but no rain.
Posted
Heh, sucks to be you guys. Down here in NZ, it's just turning Winter, and we are having constantly overcast skies, and kicking back at no more than 15 degrees celcius... Ahh... Let the good times roll.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B] 15 degrees celcius.... [/B][/QUOTE]

uhh....whats that in ferinhight. . . . . ( s p )

its so confusing.......
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Blanko_el-miez [/i]
[B]

uhh....whats that in ferinhight. . . . . ( s p )

its so confusing....... [/B][/QUOTE]

Darn right it's confusing... Hell, I dunno, the US should go Metric... :P
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i]
[B]Darn right it's confusing... Hell, I dunno, the US should go Metric... :P[/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1][color=firebrick]I totally agree with that. Why do we have to try to be different -_- the metric system is so much easier.

But 15 Celsius.. not far from freezing which is 0 degrees Celsius. So I would say maybe.. 40something degrees Farenheit.[/SIZE][/color]
Posted
Well it's just coming into Winter in Australia, though it's been hotter than usual here. Yesterday it was 30 degrees celcius, and today, by 10am it was was already 35 degrees celcius..... it's been unusual, though I like it hotter than colder.
Posted
[color=indigo]] Well this is fifth day straight that our temperatures have topped over 95 F. That is hotter then most summer days here. It is uncomfortably hot right now and it only takes walking outside to build up a sweat. Fortunately, I don't have to depend on city thransportation, unfortunately my cars A/C is broken and work is a good 20 minutes from my house:(
The scary thing is that it will probably get dreadfully cold next week...[/color]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
Here in the city it fluctuates between cold and hot.

On another note I just saw a pigeon with a broken wing on the side walk, it couldn't move and could only sit there blinking, so sad:(. I wish I could have helped it.

-Adam

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...