Walnut Posted June 4, 2002 Posted June 4, 2002 I know that they're aimed at a younger auidence but I think that they are really cool. My bigest favorites have to to be 'Plears of Lutra' and 'Marlfox'. What's your favorite book/character or do you just like them all?
Corey Posted June 4, 2002 Posted June 4, 2002 I honestly have never heard of them. Where do you live? [edit] Oh, you live in England. Do they have the books in the USA? [/edit]
Sui Generis Posted June 4, 2002 Posted June 4, 2002 Yes they have em in the USA in fact they even have a cartoon...I've read a little bit of one I liked it but then I lost it...*sweatdrops* I like the cartoon tho...
Sara Posted June 4, 2002 Posted June 4, 2002 I loved [i]Pearls of Lutra[/i]. I think I've read all of them, but that one was my favorite.
amiboshi Posted June 4, 2002 Posted June 4, 2002 I only read the first one....is it actually called Redwall? I can't remember now.....I almost finished it, actually, but never read those last 2 pages...then I never got around to it again. I'm ashamed. But I did like the book.
MysticBabe Posted June 4, 2002 Posted June 4, 2002 aren't those the books about the animals are the characters? i saw them at Barnes&Noble but they didn't look that interesting. WHat are they about?Since you guys say they're good, i might check em' out.
Rancid Posted June 4, 2002 Posted June 4, 2002 [SIZE=1]I used to read those books I read two Pearls of Lutra and Martin the Warrior.[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]I thought they were great books, but now i don't read as much so it just slipped further and further away from me.[/SIZE]
Steph Posted June 5, 2002 Posted June 5, 2002 I used to be into this series when I was much younger... I have the entire series... (except the newest ones). Very cute books, I recommend them to any child...
Kei Posted June 5, 2002 Posted June 5, 2002 I'm reading those books right now. I've read [i][u]Outcast of Redwall, Pearls of Lutra, Marlfox[/i][/u]and [i][u]The Long Patrol.[/i][/u] I'm currently reading [i][u]Redwall[/i][/u], the first book, which is very interesting. I can't wait untill they put out the new book, [i][u]Triss.[/i][/u]
Raquel Posted June 5, 2002 Posted June 5, 2002 read them all...i have them all O.o...salamandrastron was one of my favorites...i think there are more coming out but i not sure... i used to be reading one at all times...only...after the 7th time each i start quoting then i have to stop for a bit...
Walnut Posted June 5, 2002 Author Posted June 5, 2002 There are two plears of Lutra? That I never knew. I own about nine of them. I've read most of them all the way through, but theres a couple which I need to finish. At the minute I've started re-reading Mariel of Redwall, cause I didn't finish it. I've still got to read Redwall, and Lord Brocktree. Triss? That one sounds wierd, any idea when its due to be released?
Sara Posted June 5, 2002 Posted June 5, 2002 [i]Pearls[/i] was by far my favorite. I read [i]The Long Patrol[/i] first, and when i found a book aobut all my fav characters--when they were kids!!--oh, I just fell in love. Cracklyn's awesome. And Arven! hee hee hee. You likkle maggot! The thing is, when you read the newer one first, you know something's gonna happen to the characters who aren't in it.... :(
Hyper Posted June 7, 2002 Posted June 7, 2002 i read all of them.i love them.i hink [i]pearls[/i] was one of the best with all the riddles.and i only saw 2 out of the 17 eppisode-parts in the movie. in case anyone wants to know, the next one [i]Triss[/i] will come out in september.its supposed to be about some mouse at Loamhedge that either is related to Martin or had some relationship with martin.thats all i heard.
Mist Posted June 7, 2002 Posted June 7, 2002 I read a couple of the books when I was ten, but it eventually fell out of my favor. I'm sorry but herioc mouses just don't seem the same anymore. ::Flips channel to Tom and Jerry::
Deedlit Posted June 8, 2002 Posted June 8, 2002 yes, I've read the Redwall books. I've read all of them except for the newest one. I forget its name, but yeah, they're good, but I did not know that they made cartoons of them.....o.O
Guest Shift Posted June 9, 2002 Posted June 9, 2002 Never read them, hell I never read anything unless it's on a computer screen!
Mist Posted June 9, 2002 Posted June 9, 2002 Then you shouldn't have posted here! J/K, Herman. Anyway, I never knew there was a cartoon; when did this air?
Fall Posted June 10, 2002 Posted June 10, 2002 I've seen about 10 minutes of the cartoon...o.O I've read half of "Marlfox", it was good at first, but then got boring...I might read the rest of it soon.
Kei Posted June 10, 2002 Posted June 10, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sarsy [/i] [B] Triss? That one sounds wierd, any idea when its due to be released? [/B][/QUOTE] There's a countdown counter on the Redwall book site that's counting down when Triss is going to be released. When I checked it last, it said about 123 days.
Nekkyo Posted June 11, 2002 Posted June 11, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i] [B]I've seen about 10 minutes of the cartoon...o.O I've read half of "Marlfox", it was good at first, but then got boring...I might read the rest of it soon. [/B][/QUOTE] you should Marlfox was a really good book especially when the.. nevermind i wont tell you. GAH i wish i had Pearls of Lutra now! i dont have it *tear* they were sold out when my grandmother bought them for me. my fav one would have to be *thinks* gosh.. i like them all. Salamondastron was GOOD. but then again Mossflower was really good.. and Mattimeo which i just finished. Mariel of Redwall was good too. STORM GULLWHACKER! muha. I'm reading Legend of Luke right now. the Queen of Nort just lend them the raft.. thats where i got too. all in all, its a great book. Now that i think of it, i'm not sure if i have the whole series besides Pearls of Lutra. what came out before Triss will? was it Lord Bocktree?:huh:
eleanor Posted June 12, 2002 Posted June 12, 2002 O.o Have all of the books but I've only read about half of each book....
Walnut Posted June 12, 2002 Author Posted June 12, 2002 Yep Lord Brocktree was the last one to be relased. I've still got to read it. I think there's nearly fifteen books. The one's I've got are: Redwall (half-read) Mossflower (really good) Salamanastron (really good) Plears of Lutura (first ever book and one of my biggest favs) Ledgend of Luke (enjoyed throughtout) Mariel of Redwall (half-read) The Bellmaker (one of my favs) The Long Patrol (really good) Lord Brocktree (still need to read) Marlfox (biggest fav) I've also read Mataeio(sp?) as well, which was good. heck I like em all.:rotflmao:
Nekkyo Posted June 13, 2002 Posted June 13, 2002 Mattimeo. short for matthias methusela and mortimer :D. yeah i just finished reading it. i didnt think that they were going to make it until martin freed the slaves. i was jumping around dancing! btw, thanks for telling me about the last book
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now