OtakuBoards

MTV Movie AWARDS!!!!! Whoo-hoo!

Queen Asuka

[color=crimson][size=1]Alright, almost everyone I know watches these every year and everyone always goes around talking about what they saw and what they liked and disliked and yada yada yada....I can't believe no one made a thread on this already, but oh well...

Alright, my man, Orlando Bloom aka Legolas for all of you people who like Lord of the Rings, won Breakthrough Male Performance. But when he was on the satellite thingie getting his award, he looked so AWFUL!!!!!!! He was all scruffy looking and his hair was growing out and I thought I was going to die! But then I reminded myself he was still my Legolas, and then I felt better. :rolleyes:

And Ewan McGregor aka Obi Wan Kenobi (duh...) looked sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo SEXY! He had on this tank top and his hair was SPIKED! (OOOOOOOH yeah... :tasty:) and he had those remarkable blue eyes...oh man, I thought I was going to melt...

And I guess Natalie Portman looked pretty, but I thought she should have dressed up just a little more and show off her figure some. I thought it was so funny how the little Osbourne dude was all stalking her with his video camera...

And doesn't everyone love the fact that Lord of the Rings won best MOVIE! It totally deserved it! :D[/color][/size]

I liked that lil part where they used jack black as spiderman..
That was sooo funny and yes, Ewan looooked sooo sexy!
at first I had trouble knowin that he was the guy that played obi wan.

[color=indigo]Eh, I broke down and tuned into to it. I didn't actually watch it and pay attention to who won, and all that jazz. I just payed attention whenever Jack Black was on, when the White Stripes played, and when Kelly Osbourne performed. Though I wasn't too impressed by her performance. It could have been better. The White Stripes were great. Jack Black is hilarious as always. MTv can fall down stairs for all I care..[/color]

[color=crimson][size=1]I'm not a big MTV fan, either, but I always have to catch the Movie Awards every year. And dammit, would you idiots stop spamming so this thread wont get CLOSED...geez...

And yeah, the Spiderman skit was funny, but the Lord of the Rings one was better. It had Orlando Bloom in it...so yeah, naturally I liked it better.

The White Stripes, I had never heard of them until I watched the movie awards although I had heard that song before. It wasn't all that bad, I don't think. Eminem was retarded as ever, especially with that crappy new song he has out. But yeah...[/color][/size]

[color=royalblue]
I'm not a big fan of MTV anymore...it got really trashy over the past few years, but I always like seeing their award shows (unlike the academy which is so repetitive), but anyway I missed it! :bawl: I heard LOTR won...big surprise :p Best movie of the year in my opinion. Anyway, hopefully I can catch the VMA's
[/color]

[color=crimson][size=1]Well, MTV airs the Movie Awards OVER and OVER again for like a month afterwards, so you can catch it anytime even though you missed it. Yes, Lord of the Rings won best movie, and it really deserved it. Alot of the actors were nominated for different stuff, but the only thing that LotR won for was Best Movie and Orlando Bloom (*sighs lovingly*) won Breakthrough Male Performance. So yeah, you can still catch it and I suggest you do. It's always fun to watch the awards shows on MTV. I like the Music awards, too! :D[/color][/size]

[color=royalblue]
Yeah, they must play it ten times a month. Anyway, anyone remember last year when Gladiator dominated nearly everything? I might be thinking of the academy, but they got more awards than Titanic if I remember correctly. Or it might have been just one less...I don't remember, but anyway, Gladiator is a very great movie, and I commend Ridley Scott for that...and now I'm rambling, so I will leave you in peace ;)
[/color]

The Lorm of the rings skit was pretty funny. But I liked the Star Wars skit from last year.

Firstly, Lord of the Rings shoutld have NOT wont the bes movie award. there were a whole bunch of other movies that deserved it.

Secondly, The White Stripes ruled. Kelly Osbourne was bad.

Thirdly, The Spiderman skit was WAY funnier that the Lord of the rings but not funnier that the Star Wars Ep. 1 from last year....

White Stripes........ the guy is alright..... but the girl drummer SUCKS! Her technique is that of, 'my boyfriend wanted a band so he taught me how to stay on beat and that's all I know how to do'. Bleh..... I was getting so aggrivated with her, you have no idea! I guess it's because [i]I'm[/i] a drummer, and drummers are very critical of eachother.

Kelly Osborne did better than I thought she would have. She has a nice voice. Her lead guitarist has talent, he could make it as something in the music biz if he finds the right people (and come on, the Osbournes [i]are[/i] some good connections). Anyway, that performance didn't disappoint me, I think she and her band did well.

Ewen McGregor...................... what a sssssssssssSEXY man!!!

I think Lord of the Rings DID deserve Best Movie, because it was. Recreating a tale such as the LOTR trilogy and getting it decent is a challenge, and it was better than decent. I watched that joker 4 times, 12 hours of sitting in a theater..... and I've never done that for [i]any[/i] movie.

I didn't see the Spiderman skit, but the LOTR skit was........... lol, it was just wrong on so many levels. I hadn't laughed that hard in a while.

I agree with Anna, the drummer girl sucked big time...being a drummer myself I too thought she was a disgrace, and was it just me or did she look stoned?

anywho I HATED how orlano bloom looked! "please orlando for the good of your fans loose the facial hair and let's see that pretty face!"

Ewan McGregor was looking very fine (grrrrrr!).....

And I thought kelley osborne was pretty good, but a cover song for your first preformance isn't always the best idea, oh well....

and the director/thinker/pervert for the LOTR skit will be personaly shot repeatedly by me....buy your tickets now!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Angelus_Necare [/i]
[B]and the director/thinker/pervert for the LOTR skit will be personaly shot repeatedly by me....buy your tickets now![/B][/QUOTE][color=indigo]Meheh, how much you want to bet Jack Black had something to do with its creation. :p

I think Kelly Osbourne might have done better if her brother didn't set high standards (in my mind) for her performance. During the pre-show he said it would probably be very punk rock-ish, and for me that puts the bar way up there. Go figure she had to duck under it. I usually expect that though. Not to be sexist, but girls tend not to do so well when trying to be a punk band. The only band I know that can pull it off is the Distillers. :devil: Meheheheh..[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Not to be sexist, but girls tend not to do so well when trying to be a punk band. The only band I know that can pull it off is the Distillers. :devil: Meheheheh..[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I have to agree. I'm a girl, and I don't like any female punk singers except for Gwen Stefani, before No Doubt sold out recently. Tragic Kingdom is a good album, and she has a good voice. Other than that, I just [i]cringe[/i] when I hear female punk. That's pretty sad, coming from a girl.

Okay now I'm going to tie than in to the topic.....

Um, yeah Kelly's cover song isn't punk anyway. I mean, Madonna is pretty far from it, and "Papa Don't Preach" is an old Madonna song, isn't it? Anyway, I still think it was alright. about 6 or 7 out of ten. Probably 6.

Yeah, I saw it. What did I think? Weeell, the LoTR skit scared me. A lot. Quite disturbing. I guess I liked the music, but it could have been a heck of a lot better, but you have to remember this is a Movie award thing so the music doesn't really matter. Ewen McGregor was a pretty. Very pretty:love:. *purrr* And who did that to Orlano Bloom? Is it safe to walk on the streets? Is the person responsible behind bars? Ye Gods.:eek: The poor bish... All in all, it could have been better but at least it didn't suck. Too much anyway.:p

I only caught snipets of it. :love: I love Ewen McGregor! Very cute...Also, however did that to Orlando Bloom, you are now on the number one slot on my "If seen, do anything to kill...slowly and painfully..." list. :D

I watched some of it. I was away from the TV when Orlando Bloom got his award (:bawl: )but I was there when Lord of the Rings got the award. :D:D Go LOTR! Go LOTR! Go LOTR! YEAH!!

I saw the Spiderman skit and that was funny. I didn't see the LOTR skit, but according to all of your complaints to it, it's probably best I didn't see it. I might've gotten really pissed.....

Guest Boo-G
I thought Em was pretty tight, he even got a standing obation(sp?). That's all I watched, though. Everything else I'll save for the millions...[AND MILLIONS] of reruns on MTV.

Guest Padme Amidala
DAmn! I missed it! And I wanted to see it sooooooo bad!! I wanted to see Ewan and see what Natlie looked like when she was there. Was Hayden Christensen there??? *drools*