OtakuBoards

Tamers: v2

Sara

Jeri and Rika walked with Viximon and Panjyamon to the edge of a forest. It was very dark and forbidding. Jeri peered into the woods and could see a mist begin just inside. "We're not going in there, are we?" Her voice trembled. "This is where the noises I spoke of were comming from. They were like ryhmes or something. It was very, very odd." Panjymon said. "Well, it has to be Calumon. Who else do we know that is that...uh..."
"Sing-Songy?" Jeri interupted Rika. "Uh, yeah. That." Rika wasn't sure what she thought of Jeri. She'd always thought that just maybe there was something not quite right with her. Besides the obvious of course. Rika continued to think about Jeri as they walked deeper into the forest. The more Jeri said, the more annoyed Rika became.
"Um, Rika?"
"What is it, Jeri?" she replied in a more harsh tone than she'd expected. Jeri was a bit startled, but continued anyway.
"...Do you think the others are okay?"
"Look. Right now, WE are lost. We have been walking for hours in this stupid forest and we have no signs of any one or any thing. How should I know if the others are okay? Why, at this point, do I even care? I am too busy worrying about our butts to think of anything else!"
"Rika..." Viximon was stunned by her partner's outburst. Jeri looked on the verge of tears as Rika continued to bad mouth off to her. The more she talked, it seemed the darker she became. After ten more minutes, Jeri was sure that she could see an ahora(sp) of darkness surrounding Rika.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[i]Closer, my dear. Step ever closer.[/i]

He watched her from the shadows. From the hellish abyss that had been his prison for as long as he could remember. Soon, he would be free. If the body of a thirteen-year-old girl could be called freedom. Still, it was far preferable to the no-man's-land between worlds where forces unknown to both raged out of control. And the girl was quite attractive, for a human of her age. He could do worse.

And he would bring some of those forces with him, and make use of them. Oh, yes, very good use. Of course, the body of the girl wouldn't last long with that kind of power being wielded from within it, but he could always find another vessel. And the Nonaka girl would last long enough for him to take his revenge on the one who had imprisoned him.

[i]Baihumon,[/i] he sang, [i]I'm coming for you.[/i]

[A/N: I'm using Antylamon's Japanese name, Antiramon, just 'cause I like it better. Different name, same chockwit bunny.)

"Well done, Antiramon."

Antiramon looked back to see Wizardmon standing with Suzie.

"Wizardmon, see what you can do for him."

Wizardmon nodded, and went to tend to Mihiramon. The tiger Deva had quite a few bruises, but he'd live. Wizardmon began his healing spell.

"Who is he?" Suzie asked. "My Digivice says there's nothing there." She held it to her ear and shook it. "It doesn't [i]sound[/i] bwoken..."

"Mihiramon's a former teammate of mine. One of the greatest warriors I have ever known." She knelt by him and began gently stroking his left wing with two of her three fingers. "Let's just say his enemies don't find him to be a very nice kitty."

"He sure didn't act like one just now."

"Fighting all your life does that to you. Of all of us, he was created first, and spent most of his life leading the Sovereign's armies. And he didn't really have a way of knowing I was who I said I was. But he has long been a good friend to me."

Mihiramon began to stir, and tried to prop himself up, though Wizardmon wouldn't hear of it. "Lie down, I'm not finished yet. And remind me never to cross her," he said, indicating Antiramon.

"We must go... It's imperative that we..."

"It's imperative that you lie down and let me finish. It's a long journey between here and the Sovereigns' territory, and we can't have you passing out or something while we try to make it through that deathtrap."

Mihiramon grumbled, but complied.

"And quit squirming," Wizardmon said. Mihiramon pouted like a child before becoming still. Wizardmon continued his spell.

"Deathtwap? What's he talking about?" Suzie asked.

"The terrain we must cross is very dangerous," Antiramon told her. "And part of it is claimed by the Saurian Alliance. Virtually every reptilian Digimon you can name is out there, and when anything without scales violates their borders, they shoot first and ask [i]no[/i] questions. And rest assured there will be a lot more of them than three Greymon and a Chamelemon. And that's if we make it that far. Thanks to D-Reaper, the digital world is very unstable in that area. [i]Anything[/i] can happen out there."

"Surely, you are not afraid?" Mihiramon said with a chuckle, having leapt to his feet the instant Wizardmon's healing spell was complete.

"Only a fool would not be," Antiramon said. "We must take great care in crossing the Null Zone."

"But cross it we must. And quickly."

"Yes," Antiramon agreed. "Suzie, you know the danger. I would like you to come with me, but if you wish to stay behind, no one will think less of you."

"Of course I'm going with you, silly," Suzie laughed.

"Very well," Antiramon laughed. She bent down to pick Suzie up. Suzie giggled in anticipation of a ride atop Antiramon's head. Antiramon just knew her poor ears were going to suffer greatly.

"Wait," Mihiramon said. "Surely you are not taking... [i]that.[/i]"

"Surely, I am. She remains with me."

"We have no need for a [i]human.[/i] Find somewhere to leave your pet, and come quickly."

"Hey! I'm not anybody's pet!" Suzie piped up.

"As she says," Antiramon said. "She is my partner, and I am not going without her."

"She is a human. They tried to destroy us."

"Have the Tamers' group not proven that humans and Digimon are stronger working together?"

"They are murderers, killing thousands with that Juggernaut contraption of theirs. They send the data streams that terrorize us. And they only worked with Digimon during the D-Reaper crisis because their hide was on the line as well."

"Human society is as fragmented as the Digital World finds itself now, if not more. Suzie is not among those who are responsible for the Shinjuku Massacre. She has done none of the things for which you condemn all humans. She is young, a child among her kind. If anyone can be said to be truly innocent, it is her."

"All the more reason to leave her behind. Can a mere hatchling stand against what lies ahead?"

"I have sworn to protect her. And she wields the Digivice, and can use the cards to increase my ability. She will increase our chances of success tenfold."

Mihiramon said nothing, but walked to Suzie and leaned down, his eyes inches from her own. Suzie was afraid, but refused to back down. Even from a digital tiger, she knew when someone was trying to scare her. "I'm not afwaid of you, kitty. Go... go back to the litterbox or something!"

Mihiramon laughed, turning back to Antiramon. "She has spirit. Much like her... partner," he said with a grimace. "Very well, you may bring your pet. Better to do so than to continue this useless argument any longer." He walked past Antiramon, Suzie, and Wizardmon, and took the lead, ignoring Suzie's protest of "Hey, I'm not a pet!"

(OK, you can use Antiramon, but I'm still going to use Antylamon, so I hope everyone brushes up on a few of their ***. names. And I swear, if that's a Myotismon bit you have planned....>_<)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Henry, it's so good to see you again!" Gummimon squealed. He tried to hug his Tamer, but being bereft of arms, he contented himself to sit squishly on Henry's shoulder and nuzzle him hard.
"Easy, there, little guy," Henry said, his eyes shining. "I just glad to see you're ok." After his father's sorrowful admission to why the Digimon had had to leave after the D-Reaper battle, Henry thought he would never see his friend again. No, more than a friend--the two had taught each other well about life and how to face it. Henry had taught Terriermon manners and responsibility--a little...Terriermon had helped Henry loosen up--a little. Henry chuckled to himself. "I just glad to see you are ok--wait!"
"What?"
"How do you feel?"
Gummimon cocked his single horned head to one side. "Whaddaya mean?"
"You know..." Henry dropped his voice in case someone might be listening. "Juggernaut..."
Gummimon unwittingly twitched his left ear a little, but shrugged his little gel form. "You know, it's funny, but I haven't noticed anything. 'Cept that I don't get bothered much by other Digimon. Course, that also means that they don't want to hang around me much. I don't know why, Henry, I'm a nice guy! ....right?"
"Of course you are, Gummimon," Henry reassured him.
"Maybe it is Juggernaut, because other Digimon will hang around me for a little while, but then look bothered and leave me." Gummimon's voice began to grow high pitched. "I don't like being alone!"
"Hey, Gum, it's ok--I'm here now and whatever's bothering the others won't bother me, ok?" [i]Oh no, Juggernaut must still be in him. Dad, what have you done? How can we come back together if something's wrong with Gummimon?[/i] Henry's heart sank.
His troubles were quickly forgotten as tree limbs bent, creaked, and broke. A large mass of grey and red reared up, a pair of large incizors (sp?) clicking together. Henry yelled in terror and backed up to a tree.
"I thought you said that other Digimon leave you alone?!" he hollered at Gummimon.
"Moumantai, Henry!" Gummimon lept down and bounced to Okuwamon's foot. "This is my buddy, Okuwamon. Strange enough, he's the only one that doesn't run. Hmm, I've always wondered why, but..." The In Training shrugged again.
Henry held out his digivice. "Ultimate Insectoid Virus. Yeesh, Gummimon, way to pick your friends. You don't need me," he said in a mockingly serious tone and turned to leave.
"Henry!" Gummimon's eyes grew wide and he bounced toward the boy. "Please don't leave me! You don't know what's it like--I have to bounce everywhere I go, other Digimon won't even talk to me and worst of all--this guy [i]snores[/i] horribly!!!"
Okuwamon grunted in puzzlement.
"Moumantai, you little doofus," Henry said, picking up Gummimon and hugging him. "I'm not ever leaving you again."
"Aw...thanks, Henry."
"Hey, what are best buds for?"
Henry smiled on the outside, but he didn't say what was bothering him. If it was true that Juggernaut was still in Gummimon, how was he going to be able to be back with the rest of the team? And how come Okuwamon wasn't affected? Henry shook his head--somehow, he was going to have to find the answers, so Gummimon could be back to normal again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Armageddemon burst into pieces as Impmon ran over him with Behemoth. The Rookie fought to control the motorcycle, his green eyes with red centers instead of black ones. Behind him he could hear more [i]somethings[/i] dragging themselves from the depths of the cave. Outside of the cave, the Infermon were starting to head in.
"Ai, Mako!" Impmon yelled, reaching out a red gloved hand, "hurry, get on, before we get more than we can handle!"
MarineAngemon refused to move. Ai reached out when Mako stopped her.
"Don't, Ai!"
"Why not?"
"We [i]can't![/i]"
Ai looked at him funny. "What's wrong with you? We got to get out of here!"
"Ai, listen to me! You can't keep doing stuff that'll get us out of the little trouble. You gotta think of the big picture. What'll happen if we get on Behemoth?"
"We'll get out of here, silly."
Something snarled, and an Infermon stuck his head in the cave's entrance. MarineAngemon squeaked and blew a Kahuna Waves bubble at him. The Infermon backed off before he was hit.
"Now!" Impmon hollered.
"How do you know that?" Mako asked his sister. "How do you know we won't be like [i]him[/i]?" And he shot a pointer finger at Impmon.
"Wha...?" Ai looked puzzled. Impmon's ear horns stiffened, and his eyes were normal for a moment. They also grew wide and begged Mako not to tell.
"Do you know what he is?" Mako demanded of his sister. "I heard all about it, what he was doing in this place!"
"Mako, no..."
"He's [i]killed[/i] other Digimon, Ai, and not enemies, either. Harmless little things that never hurt him. That's why the Infermon are so mad at us. They think we're the ones responsible. And if we go with him, we will!"
Ai cried out and backed away; MarineAngemon looked startled at the news and scowled at Impmon. Impmon looked like he was about to burst into tears; before he did, his eyes became red entirely and he revved the engine, Behemoth pointed at his Tamers.
"Human fools," a dark voice rumbled from his body. He slammed on the gas pedal, shooting forward; at the same time, MarineAngemon flew at him and, with his Mega strength, knocked Impmon to the ground. Behemoth rammed the wall, and stopped. It tried to back up a few times, shaking the cavern walls as it did. In a moment, one pebble fell, then another and another. As the pebbles grew into rocks, then boulders, everyone realized that the cave was...well, caving in. The entrance was quickly blocked, so the small team ran the other way.
"What about Behemoth?" Ai cried out. Behind them, the engine roared in an effort to dislodge itself, mingling with the thundering of falling rocks. The two sounds competed for dominance, until the thundering became too great for the team to hear each other, much less Behemoth.
Or the slithering noise ahead of them.
"Gotcha!"
"EEEEEEEEEEKKKKK!!!!" Ai and Mako screamed.
"Owwww," a familiar voice complained.
"Hurry," another familiar one said, "we musssstn't wassste time!"
Impmon felt sick as the ground seemed to disappear beneath him. The team fell, the children still screaming, the first voice still complaining, MarineAngemon squeaking, and the rocks still falling overhead. Impmon opened his mouth wide to tell everyone to [i]SHUT UP![/i] when he smacked into the water. Five other varying sounds of splashing told him he wasn't alone.
"Easssy now," he heard the second voice say. Impmon stared hard into the darkness, but could not make out the speaker. Beneath him, something large moved and picked him up.
"Bada Boom!" he shrieked in panic. His fireball promptly sizzled out in the water, but the light gave him enough chance to see Sandiramon stretched out, with Ai, Mako, MarineAngemon, Keramon, and himself riding astride the Snake deva.
"Ah, lighten up," Keramon giggled, his voice echoing in the darkness. "Oh, wait, you did--so would that be darken up or...?"
Impmon lit another fireball casually, but let this one rest on his fingertip. He gazed at everyone in the light, especially his Tamers. They looked wet and miserable, and neither would look at Impmon.
Keramon watched his gaze, then shook his head sadly.
"H-h-hey, guys," Impmon whispered, walking slowly toward them.
"Go away!" Mako yelled.
Impmon stopped, and looked to Ai. She was holding the Behemoth card, sadly bent, marred by dirt, and soaked by water. She quickly glanced at the Rookie, then turned away again.
"Huh?" Impmon asked sadly. His heart froze, and his ear horns sagged. He turned to Keramon for help. The other shook his head again, and behind him, MarineAngemon stuck out his tongue angrily. Why, Impmon didn't know.
"[i]BADA BOOM![/i]!" Impmon hurled the fireball into the depths of the cave; while everyone watched to see where it went, no one saw him dive into the water in the other direction, until they heard the splash.
"Ssssshimata, little [i]fool![/i]" Sandiramon hissed angrily.
"What's wrong, Snakey boy?"
"Thisss cavern could have many currentssss that will take him elsssewhere. Thisss isss no time for a pity party!"
"Help!" Impmon suddenly yelled and thrashed. "I just remembered I can't swim!"
"Oh brother," Keramon groaned.
Beneath Sandiramon, something very big and very fast shot toward the thrashing Rookie.

"Ugh, how stupid ARE you?!" Kumbhiramon sighed. "I'm here to HELP you. H-E-L-P, you understand???"

"O-oh..." Takato said confused. "Then prove it!"

"*Sigh* Okay then. As a catalyst, I'll give your digimon power to grow without those weird cards of yours. Here!"

"Uh-oh, Takato...somethings happening...

GIGIMON EVOLVES TO...GUILMON!!!"

Suddenly all the Kodogukumons retreated down the tree.

"Hahaa, there you go you stupid little spidies!!!" Guilmon yelled excited. Takato looked Kumbhiramon still with the confused face.

"You see now? Okay, now that I've helped you, you should do a favor for me...or actually to the all-mighty Sovereigns. Order from upstairs, you see?"

"Okay, what do they want me to do?"

"Oh, just something small...like save their sorry asses! HAH! They're losing their powers, and they resurrected us -meaning the Devas- to help them! Are they stupid or what? Okay, okay, despite of my personal will of conquering the Digiworld, i'm forced under their authority, and all i can do is to spread some yuckie "message of peace"! Buh-please!!!"

Takato and Guilmon looked each other veeery puzzled.

"Okay, got to go now! Smell ya soon!" Then Kumbhiramon disappeared to the treetop.

"How come I'm stuck with you two? Where did Rika go? She'd be A LOT better company, if I may say so!" Ryo said frustrated. From all the Tamers he had stucked with the annoying Kazu and whining Kenta.

They had been separated from the others in the mist. The three of them had found their way out of it quite fast. Thanks to me, Ryo thought.

Somehow he just couldn't stop thinking Rika. There's my kind of gal, he thought. If I could just talk with her a few minutes...

Suddenly his thought were disturbed by a scream. It was the Idiotic Two.

"What now?" he asked turning to them, only to see them in the claws of a black bird-digimon.

Ryo loaded the digimon's statistics from her D-power.

"Saberdramon, champion, bird, virus... Okay, Cyberdramon, atta... Oh yes..." He had these moments when he forgot that Cyberdramon wasn't with him anymore.

"Hey, Ryo, DO SOMETHING!!!" Kazu shouted. The Saberdramon was now dozens of feets above the ground.

"Sorry, gyus, can't do...WHOA!!!"

A red bird had grabbed him too.

"Hey, lemme down!!! Who are you anyway?"

He looked at his D-power again.

"Birdramon, champion, bird, data... You're related, huh?" he asked the bird sarcastically.

The two birds carried them to a "nearby" mountains peak (how near can mountain peaks be, anyway?) . There they we're dropped infront of a huge, blazing bird.

"Welcome, visitors! My name is Phoenixmon, and you have entered the Pinion Guards's territory."

Ginny: What's a shimata? And no, I'm not going to use Myotismon. (But notice I didn't say the same about Sabermephistopheleswaruhitlersewageastrovenomarshmalomyotismon Nefarious Mode. :smirk: KIDDING! Just kidding.) I just figured the darkness around Rika would do better as a 'who' than a 'what,' so I tossed in the mysterious observer.

Sage: Aren?t Birdramon and Saberdramon both Vaccine according to the cards? Though I have heard of a data Birdramon, I don?t think there?s a virus Saberdramon... then again, it doesn?t matter, does it? And Kumbhiramon was hilarious.

?Interesting way of ?welcoming visitors,?? Kenta said. ?Now I know how a trout feels when an eagle snatches it.?

?My apologies,? Phoenixmon said. ?I had to be certain that you were not of an enemy faction. You didn?t respond to my summons, so I had to... send for you.? Kenta looked back at Birdramon and Saberdramon. Despite their unmovable faces, he could swear they were smirking at him.

?What summons?? Kazu demanded. ?We never got any ?summons.? We?re walking along minding our own business, when out of nowhere, these birdbrains snatch us up like worms or something! You?ve got a lot of explaining to do, you...?

?Kazu!? Ryo shouted, yanking him aside. ?Perhaps we shouldn?t anger the building-sized Mega who can barbecue us without half trying. That ever occur to you??

?I was not aware that you were not Digimon, and could not receive my transmissions,? Phoenixmon explained. ?I could not be certain you were not enemies, attempting to find the portal to Sky City and invade it. You would not have been the first to try. But now, I know who you are. You were with the Sovereigns when they summoned us, and you stood against D-Reaper in the other world. You honor us with your presence, and you are welcome in Sky City at any time. I am sure Lord Gryphomon would admit you, if you wish to enter.?

Kenta blushed. He?d never been regarded as a hero before. ?Thank you,? he said genuinely.

?Kenta, shouldn?t we be seeing about finding the others? Come on, let?s go.? Ryo said, already beginning to walk away.

?Didn?t you hear what Phoenixmon said? They have something that can reach any Digimon in the area! Who knows what kind of equipment they have? They?re our best bet for finding the others. And we need food and water, and I sure don?t see any around here.?

Ryo was surprised at Kenta?s show of backbone, and he hated to admit that he was right.

?Yeah, let?s go on in,? Kazu said. ?Can?t hurt.?

Ryo shrugged. ?Guess it?s settled, then.?

?Good,? Phoenixmon said. ?I shall escort you to the portal myself. Saberdramon, you?re in charge until I return.?

?I thought you had to ask Gryphomon,? Ryo said.

?I did. He agreed.?

?How?d you contact him??

?We have a way of transmitting messages between Digimon, directly into the recipient?s data itself, without the use of outside instruments. It?s quite efficient. Now, climb aboard, then.? The giant bird extended a talon, as if expecting them to climb on.

?Uh,? Kazu stammered, ?I don?t suppose there?s seatbelts.?

?It?s easy,? Kenta said. ?Sora did it all the time with Birdramon.?

?That?s just a TV show!?

?Oh, come on,? Kenta said, climbing onto Phoenixmon?s talon. ?There?s enough room for all of us.?

?Okay, but if I get killed, I?m going to be really upset with you.?

Ryo laughed at Kazu and Kenta?s antics, and climbed on.

?Now, hang on tight!? Phoenixmon shouted. The bird Mega leapt into the air, spreading gigantic, beautiful wings, and plunged down the mountainside. Kazu and Kenta screamed. Ryo didn?t, but was holding onto Phoenixmon?s talon tightly, his knuckles white.

Phoenixmon plunged towards the mountain?s base, and then, with twenty feet to go, leveled off and sped just above the tops of the trees at the foot of the mountain. ?Whoah!? Kazu and Kenta shouted. ?You think that?s cutting it a bit close??

?How do you two talk at the same time like that?? Ryo shouted over the rushing wind.

?Easier than you think!? Kazu and Kenta yelled back. Then, as their path took them too close to one of the taller trees, ?AAH! Watch out!? Phoenixmon?s speed was such that, by the time they had finished saying that, the tree was far behind. Soon, the entire wooded area was behind them, as Phoenixmon?s path took them around the mountain.

?Not much farther,? came Phoenixmon?s voice. Kazu, Kenta, and Ryo looked forward to see a strange rock formation, where the stone had formed a large ring. ?There.?

?Looks like the Guardian of Forever,? Kenta commented. ?Only much bigger.?

?Guardian of what?? asked Kazu.

?Guardian of Forever. The old Star Trek. Don?t you know anything??

Kazu laughed. ?Nerdiness, thy name is Kenta.?

Phoenixmon let out a remarkably birdlike cawwing sound, and was answered with a similar cry from... somewhere. The ?Guardian of Forever? changed, and through it, the three Tamers could see several floating platforms in the sky, with every kind of bird Digimon. Data, Virus, and Vaccine, all stages from Baby to Mega. There were Kokatorimon, Akatorimon, Eaglemon, Pururumon, Karatenmon, and more. If it had wings, there was at least one. And, in the foreground, a Gryphomon, attended by two Deramon.

?Enter at will, Tamers,? Phoenixmon said. ?I must return to the mountain. I hope you find what you seek. Farewell!? With a beat of those magnificent flaming wings, Phoenixmon was aloft, and out of sight faster than the eye could follow.

The three Tamers watched Phoenixmon go. ?Bye, Phoenixmon!? Kenta shouted.

?So, what? Do we walk through?? Kazu asked.

?That?s what Phoenixmon said,? Ryo answered. ?Enter at will.?

The three Tamers stepped through the Portal, expecting to immediately find themselves on the other side.

They were wrong.

They stepped through the Portal, and into the Twilight Zone. It was as if reality had been yanked from under them. They felt themselves pulled in a thousand directions as energies surged violently around them. They screamed, even Ryo this time, but no sound came. Finally, the energies stopped. And then, the [i]really[/i] bad part came. As if some giant had kicked them like a football player kicking the winning field goal, they were violently thrown, sent pinwheeling through unreality. All the while, lights strobed around them maddeningly in every color they?d seen and a few they hadn?t. And they felt that they were not alone. Something was with them in the endless limbo around them. Something angry. And it saw them. And it had something to do with... ?Rika?? Ryo said.

Finally, abruptly, the ride ended. The strange unreality was simply not there anymore, and they landed on their faces.

The first thing Kenta felt was that the floor was plush carpet. Luxurious and soft. He stood to his feet, and looked behind himself. There was no ?Guardian of Forever? portal. He saw Gryphomon in front of him, and the two Deramon.

The next thing that he noticed was that there were far more Digimon there than Gryphomon and the Deramon. There was a sea of Digimon surrounding them, some on the ground, some in the air but keeping their distance. There was a hubbub of murmuring between the Digimon, and the kids could make out their own names said several times, as well as the names of their partners and the words ?Tamer,? ?D-Reaper,? and ?other world.? Kenta distinctly heard the phrase, ?kind of cute, for a human,? and turned quickly to see one Nefertimon, standing closer than the others. When their eyes met, she winked at him. Several of the Digimon held odd devices that the kids knew had to be cameras of some sort.

?Finally, the adoring fans I?ve always deserved,? Kazu said with his standard smirk.

?Trust me, it gets old after a while,? Ryo sighed. ?Let?s just find what we need and get... oh, boy.?

Kazu and Kenta followed Ryo?s line of vision, and looked beyond the swarm of Digimon, to a certain Ultimate who was at the back of the line, waiting patiently. Once the Ultimate knew they saw him, he stood to his full, impressive height.

Kenta took out his Digivice, and it told him what he already knew. ?It?s the Dragon Deva, all right. Majiramon.?

Sorry about mixing Saberdramon's type: he's black, so I thought virus... But Birdramon's data in the battlecards, and vaccine in the show, so...

But anyways, on with the story!

"Takato, Guilmon, here! Look up!!!" a familiar voice shouted from above. Takato and Guilmon looked, and saw a huge Okuwamon landing, and Henry and something looking like Terriermon's head on it's back.

Takato ran to them.

"Heeeey, Henry!!! Good to see you! But where are the others?"

"I don't know. They got lost in the mist too. But here's Gummimon, Terriermon's in-training form."

"Yeah, I kinda figured that out too", Takato replied. "But hey, you never guess who I bumped into just a while ago: the rat deva Kumbhiramon!"

"Wha? How's that possible???"

Takato explained it to Henry ((I don't wanna write the same thing for the tenth time!)).

"O-okay, I think that could be possible", Henry said when Takato had explained. "But what now? How are we going to restore their powers? Whoa re we going to fight against this time?"

"Umm, I think it's more like peacemaking, what we should do. It looks like the Digiworld is in civilwar or something."

Then Okuwamon suddenly howled a warning.

"What is it, Oku?" Gummimon asked.

The Okuwamon pointed at the nearby beach. The sea was raging.

"Uh-oh, somethings coming... Henry!" Gummimon shouted.

"What? OH!"

Suddenly a column of water rose from the sea. Inside the column came MegaSeadramon!

"RAAAGH!!!" it screamed and attacked the Okuwamon.

Takato looked around for any possible catalyst-devas.

"Oh, where are they when you really need them?!"

But then he heard a very familiar, shrill voice singing:

"Calu calu calu!!! Oh, what's this? A fight? How naughty! Oh Guilmon and Takato and Henry and Terriermon's head!!! There you are! Me looked everywhere, calu!" Calumon shouted and flew to them.

"Who's the bad guy, calu? The red worm or the white beetle?" Calumon asked.

"Um, not sure... but most apparently the worm", Takato replied.

"Okay, you go and stop them, calu!" Then Calumon's forehead's triangle started to glow.

"GUMMIMON EVOLVES TO... TERRIERMON!"

"GUILMON EVOLVES TO... GROWLMON!!!"

Terriermon and Growlmon dashed to the beach where the two giants were fighting.

"Hey, Takato, got any good cards?" Henry asked, holding his D-power ready.

"Um... I have this Gallantmon-card. Dunno how I got it but..."

"That'll do fine. Digimodify! Gallantmon's Shield, activate!"

Then the little Terriermon was carrying a huge, round shield.

"Oh Henry, why do you always give me such big weapons? Isn't there anything for MY size???" Terriermon complained.

"Hey, I'll use this", Takato decided, choosing the fly-card. "Digimodify! Fly, activate!"

Then Growlmon had wings, and it flew above the Okuwamon and MegaSeadramon's heads.

"Stop it, you two!!!" Growlmon commanded. But the only reply he got was MegaSeadramon's tail slapping him down.

"Growlmon!" Takato shouted. "We can't stop those two. Eventually the other will win..."

"[I]Thunder Javelin![/I] " MegaSeadramon shouted, attacking the Okuwamon with a blazing thunderbolt.

"[I]Beetle Horn Attack![/I] " Okuwamon replied.

But they were equally strong. The fight seemed to go on forever, but then...the sea blew up!

"Whoa!!!" Henry shouted. A tidal wave formed, and started to roam to the beach. "Run!!!"

Okuwamon and MegaSeadramon got swallowed to the wave, so did Terriermon and Growlmon.

"No!!!" Takato shouted, tears bursting from his eyes.

"Takato, run! You'll have to...No!!! Henry realized it was too late to run. The tidal wave cought them too.

Calumon, who was flying high above the roaming water, couldn't do anything but watch...

Shimatta simply means great heavens, good golly, etc., in a rough manner. So basically, Sandiramon was cussing Impmon out in Japanese. :blush:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[i]Once again, I di'n't bodder ta think![/i] Impmon scolded himself. [i]Letting my emotions control me![/i]
In his frantic, one might almost say suicidal, attempt to escape the sudden revelation of his past to his Tamers, Impmon forgot that he couldn't swim--especially in a strong current like he was caught in. He had shouted as much as he was going down for a second time, and hoped that someone would help him. As it is with life threatening experiences, the seconds lasted eternities, and he began to think no one was coming...that no one cared.
[i]And that's all I really deserve...[/i]
He thrashed wildly, breaking the surface, and thankfully gulped fresh air. Just as quickly, he went under again, his feet struggling to find something solid to stand on in the water cavern. He failed to find anything.
On the surface, some twenty feet away and floating ever farther, he could just make out the watery forms of Ai, Mako, and the others. One of them pointed in his direction, and another jumped and pointed behind them.
Impmon's lungs began to burn, and he knew he needed air. His cheeks bulged in, if he had been anywhere else, a comical manner; for now, it was all he could do to keep the air in. [i]If I open my mouth underwater, I'll be taking a loooooooong drink![/i]
He began to thrash wildly again for the fourth time, but his arms ached in complaint and didn't comply nearly as fast as they had earlier. Impmon's eyes bulged in terror and he gripped his neck.
That's when he saw the large mass moving toward him.
[i]Oh c'mon![/i] Impmon screamed mentally, [i]as if I di'n't have enough ta worry about!! I know I've been bad but--[/i]
His thoughts were lost as the large mass seized him in its massive jaws.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Ooohh..." Calumon moaned, floating above the markless water. He folded his wings in sadness, as was his habit, and promptly realized his mistake. "Whoa! No, I don't wanna baaaaaaaaath!"
[i]Splash![/i]
"Calu...?" Calumon had landed on his back; his ears had popped open on hitting the water. "Oooo, this is kinda fun, lying here, watching the sun overhead, the birds flying past, the big things swimming beneath me--[i]the big things swimming beneath me?!?[/i]"
Calumon sat up and started sinking but was promptly buoyed up by the large Digimon beneath him. It snorted, blowing water from its nostrils; Calumon shook off water and flew above the Digimon to see it better. Below, the brown mass opened its mouth wide, its large tusks glistening in the sunlight.
"Hey, ya big dummy, if you think I'm just gonna fly in there, then I'm a lot stupider than you think I am!...um, don't think that came out right, calu..."
"Calumon?" a voice floated out of the cavernous mouth.
"Impmon?" Calumon answered. He floated a little lower. "Wow, Mr. Pig, you sound like Impmon, calu...um, can you make cream puffs appear, too?"
"Calumon!" Impmon's voice echoed again.
"Ooooo," Calumon groaned, not liking the idea of flying into a big Digimon's mouth. "Listen, don't eat me, ok? I'll give you baaaaaaad indigestion. Well, some people say I'm real sweet, but I don't think they meant how I [i]tasted[/i]. Anyway, if you could please keep your mouth open while I--"
"Oh for crying out loud...[i]Calumon, shut up and get down here![/i]"
Calumon scowled. "Hey, that's not a nice thing to say, Mr. Pig! Just for that, I'm not gonna--"
"Jeez, sorry, sorry!" Impmon hollered. "Listen, Calumon, it's me, Impmon! I'm down here in...in..." His voice faltered. "What the hey am I doing in somebody's mouth?"
Mr. Pig, officially known as Vikaralamon, was getting annoyed with the whole business. If the Sovereign hadn't sent him to save the Tamers and their Digimon, he would have let them drown. As it was, they were graining on his last nerves, and he began to close his mouth.
"Wait!" Calumon pleaded. He dove down as Vikaralamon snapped his mouth shut and settled down into the water with a grunt; in a moment, only the Pig deva's hairy back could be seen, sticking out like a dead island.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not too far away, Sandiramon had just surfaced.
"Ugh," Keramon griped, "Snakey boy, remind me NEVER to ride with you again!"
"Check on the children," Sandiramon hissed in reply.
"All okay!" MarineAngemon chirped happily, water being his natural element.
Ai and Mako were coughing, water running off their backs.
"Are you all right?" Sandiramon asked.
"Yeah, I--I think so," Mako answered. Ai said nothing. "Sis?"
Ai simply stared at the purple digivice in her hands, water dripping from her hair, and down her face and back.
"Aww, c'mon, cheer up, dudes," Keramon said happily, "things'll be ok!"
"Okay!" MarineAngemon echoed.
"Of course we're okay," a familiar voice answered. "Um, you were asking us, right?"
"Guilmon!" MarineAngemon chortled. The Rookie was gripping Sandiramon's tail; Takato was hanging onto Guilmon's tail, Henry was gripping Takato's shoulder, and floating behind him by an ear, was a wet but happy Terriermon.
"How ya doing?" Terriermon waved.
"More Tamersss, good," Sandiramon grinned.
"Whoa, Sandiramon!" Henry gaped. He turned to Ai and Mako. "Did he follow you guys?"
Mako nodded emphatically. Ai sorta nodded.
"Uh oh, spaghettio," Terriermon chanted. He bounced on Henry's, Takato's, and Guilmon's head to reach Ai. "What's up, kiddo?"
She looked down at the purple Digivice. "Impmon."
Terriermon promptly made a beeline back to Henry, giggling as he bounced on heads again; he then grew serious. "Yo, Henry, we got sorta a Jeri situation starting up again."
Henry furrowed his eyebrows. "Not that, Terriermon. I think it has something to do with..." He trailed off and paled. "Oh no..."
"Oh no what?" Takato asked.
"I forgot--did Ai and Mako ever know what Impmon did as...you know..."
"I don't think so..." Takato trailed off and glanced at Ai. "Um..."
"They didn't get to spend much time with Impmon before he left, so I doubt he told them. How else would they--?" Henry was interrupted as Ai hurled the digivice across the water.
"AI!" Mako screamed. She threw herself down in a sulk.
"Takato, what's wrong--why'd she do that?" Guilmon asked.
"I guess they do know, huh?" Terriermon mumbled. MarineAngemon floated next to him, and nodded. "Know."
Ai promptly burst into tears, and everyone looked uncomfortable.
Mako tried to comfort his sister, but his lip began to quiver, and he was soon crying, too. Keramon tried to comfort them both, but began bawling as well.
"Hey!" Terriermon snapped. "What's your problem?"
"I just remembered I never returned that overdue library book," Keramon blubbered.
Sandiramon suddenly stiffened. "Vikaralamon?"
"What's up?" Takato yelled over the crying.
"I ssssensssse another deva," the snake replied. He floated on the water, glancing about.
With an explosion of water, MegaSeadramon broke the surface, snarling at the group.
"Where's Okuwamon?" Terriermon hollered. He spun himself about for a Terrier Tornado, but MegaSeadramon flicked him away. He then reeled up, his spiked horn flashing with light.
"Oh no, we're all wet--if he hits us with lightning, we're toast!" Henry cried out.
"Aw, NUTS!" Takato and Guilmon yelped.
"Thunder Javelin!"

Forgiveness-a please for makinga doubla post!

How would you all like me to post this story up on the Otaku/Digimon's fanfic section. Everyone will be given mass credit (re: written by the members of the Digimon forum), and I think this story is one of the best I've ever read, honestly. But I won't do it till I get a vote from you all, either for it or against it.

Looks like it's been done already. Well, that was the most silentest, most invisiblest vote I've ever seen. Say, now that it's moved, how 'bout we make a "No Crossovers" rule? With a thousand fans of a thousand shows in the mix, I just know someone's going to want to turn the Mysterious Observer into a Final Fantasy villian, or have the Guardian of Forever mess up and take them to the DBZ world, or Mihiramon is Keroberos translated into digital form, or things of that nature. Let's keep this strictly Digimon Tamers.

*growls darkly in shock and anger*
[i]Shimatta[/i], who did this?!?
This was NOT what I meant, whoever did this! *growls a few more times, looks rather perturbed* This was one of the highlights of going to the Digimon forum and [i]now[/i]--!!!
*rants and raves for a few more minutes*

*calm, collected* What I had [i]meant[/i] was to have this placed in the FanFictions section of Otaku/Digimon. If someone would please move this back to the Digimon section.

If this cannot be moved back for whatever reason, then I echo my friend's statement in that [b]this story should remain strictly Tamers[/b], else I will not put it up in the Otaku/Digimon's fanfiction section.

*wanders off, still a little sore about this*

Yeah, this is SO lame!!! Shyguy, was it you?:therock:
Or Digi_Mon?:therock:
Or...Cera???:eek:

Well, who ever did this WITHOUT telling why, this NEEDS to stay on the digimon section!!! It BELONGS there!!!

And for Ginny, I definately vote FOR. It would be SO cool to see this among theOtakus fanfics!!! (And I doupt anybody has anything against it...)

Yes, I still think this needs to be moved back to the Digimon Forum--it's gonna wither away and die here, lost and forgotten about.

Now, let's see if I can bring us up to speed, so we can continue with our story and any new peeps can join in, too.
DEVAS:
[b]Mihiramon[/b] and [b]Antyla/Antiramon[/b] (tiger and rabbit) are with [b]Suzie[/b], and an old Wizardmon. Suzie and Lopmon have already met and/or been menaced by opposing sides of the Saurian Alliance.
[b]Kumbhiramon[/b] (rat) is bouncing around, popping in when he feels like it. He showed up once to digivolve Gigimon into [b]Guilmon[/b], to save [b]Takato[/b] from a swarm of Kodokugumon, when Takato got seperated from the others in the mist.
[b]Majiramon[/b] (dragon) is with the multitude of winged things in the "Guardian of Forever portal". [b]Ryo, Kazu, and Kenta[/b] have been brought to meet Gryphonmon.
[b]Sandiramon[/b] (snake) is with [b]Ai, Mako, MarineAngemon,[/b] and Keramon. Sandiramon helped Yaamon turn into [b]Impmon,[/b] but when Impmon's past came out, he fled and was swallowed by
[b]Vikaralamon[/b] (pig). A short tempered deva, Vikaralamon has managed to "catch" both Impmon and [b]Calumon[/b] in his mouth and sink into a large lake undetected. Sandiramon, Ai, Mako, MarineAngemon, and Keramon have been joined by [b]Takato, Henry, Guilmon, and Terriermon[/b], who find out Impmon's Tamers know about his past.
[b]Rika and Jeri[/b], seperated from the rest in the mist, have been joined by [b]Viximon[/b] and Panjyamon. Jeri longs for Calumon, Rika is being watched by a dark presence.
[b]Henry and Gummimon[/b] (joined by an Okuwamon) have met up, and, thanks to Calumon, Gummimon is now Terriermon. Even so, Juggernaut is still inplanted in Terriermon's ear, making it difficult for any Digimon except Okuwamon to be near him. They joined up with Takato's and Sandiramon's group when a massive battle between Okuwamon and a MegaSeadramon broke out and swamped the nearby area.

We are still missing [b]Vajramon, Pajiramon, Chatsura/Catsuramon, Sinduramon, Makuramon, and Indramon[/b] (ox/bull, sheep, dog, rooster, monkey, and horse, respectively).
Everyone is trying to reach the Soveriegn, who has brought back the devas and made them Catalysts liks Calumon once was, so that the seperated tribes of the badly destroyed Digital World can be brought back together.

Nice sum-up, Gin. REALLY needed it!:D

Let's go forward despite this temporary (hopefully) location:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"THUNDER JAVELIN!!!" MegaSeadramon shouted. But the strike failed because a brown mountain appeared suddenly and bumped MegaSeadramon. The seaserpent scattered to a rain of data.

"Whoa! T-that's...Vikaralamon!" Takato gasped.

[I]Hehee, just in time! Are we a team or wha'?[/I], a hollow voice said. It came from Vikaralamon, but sounded nothing like it. It sounded like...

"Impy?!" Ai asked.

[I]Whee, and me too, calu! We inside tummy! Smells bad, calu![/I] , another voice said. Everybody recognized THAT voice easily.

"Impmon, Calumon, what are you doing there?" Henry asked, still hanging in Sandiramon's back.

Vikaralamon opened his mouth, and out came -with a cloud of bad breath- wet and miserable Impmon and wet and chirpy Calumon.

"Whee, that was fun, calu! Again!"

"Oh, shut it, ya perky little scourge!" Impmon snapped.

"Oh, Takato and Guilmon and Henry and Terriermon, you're here!!! Me so happy, calu!!!" Then Calumon floated to them and gave them all a big hug.

All of them climbed to Vikaralamon's wide, hairy back -even Sandiramon.

"But...where the others?" MarineAngemon asked with a singing tone. "Kenta?"

"Dunno. Have any of you seen them? I mean Kazu, Kenta, Rika, Ryo or Jeri? Or their in-training digimons?" Takato asked.

"Err, I think I saw two little digi's before I ran into Impmon here", Keramon told."One was like a fish of some sort, and the other was a fox with a metal mask. But they could've been just some lost little ones from a nearby camp. There are plenty of camps nowadays. Everybodys divided, mostly to their own kinds -like the fishies are together, and the lizards, and the birdies- but there are some exceptions. But maybe the little ones have already found their Tamers: the D-powers draws their attention, right?"

"How do you know so much, Keramon?" Henry asked doupting.

"Heh, you see, I'm no Keramon at all! I know a lot of stuff that an ordinary Keramon wouldn't know. You're a bright one ,Henry, that's why you saw through my disguise."

"Then who are you?!" Takato shouted standing up. "Tell us!"

Then, in front of Takato, Henry, Ai, Mako, Impmon, Terriermon, Guilmon, Calumon, MarineAngemon, Sandiramon and Vikaralamon, Keramon revealed his true form, rising to heights.

"AZULONGMON?!" everybody shouted.

"Massster Azzzulongmon!" Sandiramon hissed. "If I'd known..."

"THERE'S NO NEED TO EXPLAIN, MY LOYAL SERVANT! I CAN'T BE AT THIS FORM FOR LONG, BUT I'M HERE TO GIVE YOU INSTRUCTIONS, SO THAT THE FOUR SOVEREIGNS COULD RETURN!"

Since I am used to the name Catsuramon (thanks to DigiDex), that is the one I'm sticking to.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Ba-GAH, hurry, you mongrel!"
"Oh, shuttup, monkey! And get your hairy feet out of my side!"
Catsuramon continued to gallop at his fast pace, his long feathery tail lashing about. Makuramon gripped the blue dog's hair with his four ambidexterous hands, ignoring Catsuramon's comments.
As they breached yet another hill, a large cliff came into view. Catsuramon put on an extra burst of speed, his tail streaming out behind him.
"Ba-GAH!" Makuramon yelped. "Watch out for that cliff!"
Catsuramon snarled, then grinned widely, doubling his already amazing speed. At the last moment, he dug his claws into the ground, scoring it long and deeply; Makuramon flew off his back and smacked into the canyon side.
"Mmfff, you stupid MUTT!" Makuramon's voice was indignant, yet shaky. He slunk to the ground, holding his aching head in his arms. "How'd I ever get stuck on a team with [i]you?![/i]"
"I prefer Sinduramon myself," Catsuramon growled. "At least all he does is eat too much. Not babble like YOU!"
"Ba-gah..." Makuramon moaned, pretending his head hurt worse than it really did. "Speaking of beak face, where is he? Master Baihumon will not be pleased if--"
The squabbling devas were cut short as the cliff above them rumbled tremendously.
"Waugh! Whadda we do, whadda we do, whadda we [i]do[/i]?" Makuramon screeched. Catsuramon nabbed the monkey's tail in his jaws and yanked him back as an avalanche tumbled down the cliff's face.
As more rocks broke free, Baihumon suddenly reared up, his awesome blue and white figure arched high atop the apex of the cliff.
"Master!" both devas cried.
Baihumon did not respond, but roared and toppled to one side, an enormous crash following.
"BA-GAH!" Makuramon hollered. He bounced up the cliff, dodging rocks, Catsuramon chasing after him. Above them, Baihumon jerked his head up, baring his terrible fangs and roaring again.
Upon reaching the top, they found he was not alone. Any furry Ultimate or Champion that existed in the world was here, broken into four groups, each one grouped about Baihumon's massive feet. Tremendous restraining devices were laced about his ankles and neck, trapping the sovereign tiger.
"What is the [i]meaning[/i] of this?!" Catsuramon thundered.
The nearest group, mostly comprised of Doumon, WaruMonzaemon, Zudomon, WereGarurumon, and the occasional BlackGargomon or Doggymon, all turned to stare at what they thought were intruders.
"Oh [i]look[/i]," sneered a WaruMonzaemon, "it's the [i]great[/i] sovereign's [i]pets[/i]. All bow down!" He snickered hideously.
"I do not approve of your tone!" Catsuramon barked.
Makuramon crossed his arms. "Oh, wow, nice comeback," he griped sarcastically. The Dog deva ignored him.
"Release our mighty Sovereign Baihumon at once!" Catsuramon demanded.
"Why should we?" a WereGarurumon snapped.
"Yeah, if he's so great, why doesn't he break free himself?" a Kyukimon (new Ultimate) queried from another group.
"Our world wasn't saved by this overgrown throw rug," snapped a Grizzmon, "the humans did it all!"
"Impudent traitors, that has nothing to do with it! He is our sovereign, now release him or SUFFER!"
"I'll have to agree with doggy breath here," Makuramon snarled at the groups. "Release him!"
"KONGOU!" Baihumon roared, opening his mouth wide. The groups expected this and scattered away from the frigid blast that hit the ground. "KONGOU!" Baihumon roared again. A few of the slower Champions were caught in the blast and promptly disintegrated. The rest of the resistance group cried out in shock at this and began to unlease their attacks on the tied up tiger.
"My Sovereign!" Catsuramon yelled; before he ran out into the midst of the one sided battle, Makuramon pulled on the deva's long tail.
"In case you forgot, he is the Sovereign, and they can't hurt him."
"Regardless," Catsuramon snarled, "this behavior is beyond forgiveable reproach! They MUST be dealt with!"
"Wha, you gonna take all those Digimon on by yourself?"
"No," Catsuramon grinned, turning to the monkey, "you're gonna help me."
"BA-GAH, me?!?" Makuramon pulled at his suddenly too tight collar. "Ah, heh heh, why don't I go for help?"
"Chicken!" Catsuramon snarled.
"Rooster, you mean, ba-gah!" Makuramon grinned, suddenly struck by an idea. "I shall return, o doggy one!"
And with that, Makuramon leapt down the cliff. Catsuramon lashed his tail, then turned his attention back to Baihumon.
"Master!" he hollered. "What do you wish me to do? Command and your servant shall do your bidding!"
"CATSURAMON, FAITHFUL DEVA," the sovereign rumbled appreciatively. "I NEED YOU TO--"
"To die!" the first WaruMonzaemon suddenly broke in. "Heart Break Hit!"
"Howl of the Heavens!" Catsuramon countered, throwing him back. The Ultimate righted himself, pulling his massive paws from his ears, and stalked back toward Catsuramon.
Until Baihumon demolished him with another Kongou. "LEAVE MINE SERVANT ALONE, IGNORANT ONES!!!"
"Whatever you say, stripes," a BlackGargomon piped up saucely. "We won't bother your [i]servant[/i]!"
The four groups massed into one large one, a dark figure at their head. It waved all but three toward the sovereign's neck area. The remaining three--the BlackGargomon, another WaruMonzaemon, and a Doumon walked toward Catsuramon. Before he could unleash an attack, the dark figure raised her staff, then, with a bewitching twirl, pointed at the Dog deva; he was promptly encased in a bubble, rotted cherry petals floating about him.
"Anubismon!" he roared. She stepped forward, her staff stabbing the ground in front of her.
"Guilty, as charged." She curled her wings back, her egyptian like serpent staff grinning at Catsuramon evilly.
"What is the meaning of this?"
"What, do you need a dictionary?" she replied coolly. "Quite simply, my canine companion, the Mammalian Masters have tired of waiting for answers. They aren't forthcoming--"
"Give it time!"
"Much too much has already been wasted!" Anubismon howled. She pointed her staff at Catsuramon. "Your precious humans were a menace, and as such, you spent [i]time[/i] looking for a way to avoid both them and the True Enemy. Then you spent [i]time[/i] holding it off until the humans had destroyed it on their end. And again, you ask for [i]time[/i] as you take pitifully forever to fix what you should have done in the first place!"
"What are you talking about?"
"Do you know what happens during time? [i]Life goes on.[/i] The streams still come. The Digimon still fight for living rights. My guardian Shisamon were slaughtered by the True Enemy when I was but a Labramon because you didn't work to use the time we managed to give you!" Anubismon was almost a high pitched shriek. "And you have the audacity to ask [i]why[/i] we are doing this?!"
Catsuramon sat in the bubble, unmoved. "So you blame the sovereign."
"They were supposed to take care of us! And they failed!"
"The humans--"
"They aren't coming! Our world is dying ever faster every day, and you grasp at impossible hopes! You'll still be waiting for those humans even after you've been reducing to data!"
"Infidel! How dare you lose your faith in the ones that helped you to become what you are!"
"I tire of you, Ultimate!" Anubismon spat. She waved an arm. The two Ultimates and one Champion took position around the bubble. Anubismon made another motion with her staff, and the gem eyes of the snake glowed menacingly. The rotted petals dropped from the bubble as it began to shrink, slowly but surely.
"Now, prepare to show the great tiger sovereign our pain!" Anubismon cried mockingly. Baihumon roared deafeningly and arched his back; his bonds refused to give.
[i]WHAT IS WRONG? WHY CAN I NOT BREAK FREE?[/i]
At the base of his neck, the mass group extended their claws and readied their attacks.
"And now," Anubismon shrieked grandly, insanely, "we shall slay this weak monster and take our own course of action! With Baihumon's death, we shall free our world!"

A glimmer was in Jeri's eyes as a large tear rolled down her cheek. Rika was still at it, slamming Jeri right and left. Rika mocked her in every way that Jeri could imagine, and some that she couldn't. "Rika, why are you doing this?" Viximon demanded.
"Shut up! Who asked you, anyway, you good for nothing little..."
"STOP!" Jeri was suddenly overcome with a feeling she'd never felt before. "[i]Excuse[/i] me?!" Rika snapped. It was clear now that Rika definitly had a dark presence around her. It glowed a hidieous blue-black color. " I said stop!" Jeri snapped back, unsure whether she wanted to control the feeling at this point.
Rika was a little taken aback by Jeri's sudden burst of courage. Jeri glared at Rika. "I don't know what's happened to you, but the Rika I know wouldn't say these things. The Rika I know taught me to play the digimon card game, and comforted me after the loss of Leomon. You can't be her!" Jeri was nearly shouting.
"And who are you to tell me what to do, or judge who I really am? What do [i]you[/i] know about me?!"
"I know that something made you say those things to me." Viximon and Panjyamon suddenly looked a little startled. "Jeri," Viximon said, "Look in your purse!" Sure enough, her purse was glowing. Jeri opened it and took out the brightly shining yellow digivice. But before she had time to think, Rika had lunged at her, knocking her to the ground. The digivice flew into a nearby thicket. "I am sick of this!" Rika drew back a tightly clenched fist.
"RIKA, DON'T!" Viximon shouted. It was too late. Rika rose to her feet and turned her back to them "Hmmph. Useless as ever!" A trickle of blood oozed down Jeri's nose. She really didn't feel any pain, she was too mad to feel that. Then Jeri shocked everyone, including herself. While Rika had her back turned, Jeri charged her, and knocked her to the ground. Rika was to her feet before Jeri, and spit out a mouth full of dirt. "You'll pay for that!" She tackled Jeri and the two rolled around on the ground, punching, scratching, pulling hair, and screaming at each other. "Stop this!" Panjyamon stepped in and picked Jeri and Rika up by their shirt collars. Rika was still fighting to get a hit in, and Jeri by this time was sobbing as hard as she'd ever done. "What IS the matter with you Rika?" Viximon was furious. She hopped over with Jeri's digivice in her mouth. Jeri picked it up. "She's right. I am useless."
As Jeri continued to cry, Viximon could see a dark hora begin to appear around her also. "What are we gonna do, Panjyamon?"
"I don't know. I just [i]don't[/i] know." The great beast digimon rose and began walking. He held tightly to Rika's arm. "Where are you going?" Viximon asked.
"I know of some ruins not far from here. We can spend the night there and sort things out. The forest is no place for us at night."
Jeri rose up to follow, still stareing at her staticy digivice. Viximon hopped on her shoulder and let out a long sigh.
Near the ruins, a dark figure watched the approaching posse. He could see Rika fighting to loose herself form Panjyamon, and Jeri's sad expression. "My plan is working perfectly. Soon you will all be destroyed, and I won't even have to do any work!" He let out a horrid evil laugh as only a dark form could.

Looks like Shyguy got bored again. Ask Cera to move it back. She outranks him, right? Anyway, on with the story...

"Don't tell me to 'hasten not!' We've got to find out where Kapurimon is! An in-training all alone nowadays is just data stew for any stronger Digimon who wanders by!"

"Peace, lad. Thou shall find that impatience shall avail thee naught."

"And if you don't quit talking like that, I swear I'll take you apart!"

"Dost thou challenge me?"

" '[i]Do you[/i] challenge me?' "

"Nay, 'twas thee that sought to challenge me!"

"Never mind."

Hopmon's patience, which had never been his strong suit, was wearing thin. He and Kapurimon had been searching for food, when a data stream did what data streams were best at: It had come from out of nowhere to sweep them away. Hopmon had found himself in what he called "Picasso land," a black-and-white area where spatial laws were slightly different. Each building had given him a headache if he'd looked at it long enough to try to figure it out. And Kapurimon had been nowhere in sight. Hopmon had taken refuge in a house guarded by a Knightmon. Hopmon hadn't seen the point, as there was nothing to guard them against. The only Digimon around were the harmless but spooky Nohemon. After quite some time, he had convinced Knightmon to accompany him as he searched for Kapurimon and a way back to the village. But Knightmon didn't know the meaning of the word 'hurry,' and he had a bad habit of talking as if he thought he was in King Arthur's court.

He had to get Kapurimon and get back in a hurry. It was bad enough that Lopmon had left and not returned. Then the two DarkTyrannomon had gone in search of her, and Wizardmon had gone after them. He figured by now, the entire population was wandering the wilderness, each looking for everyone else. He wondered if anyone was out searching for him and Kapurimon, as they'd left several hours ago.

[i]If I could digivolve, I'd have no problem with this,[/i] Hopmon thought. Then, he changed his mind immediately. Better to be weak and himself. Being Hopmon meant that he would not be Cyberdramon again for a very long time. Something happened to him whenever he became Cyberdramon. He became insane, violent, out of control, even his own control. He still remembered the feeling of twisting Majiramon and then driving his claws into the dragon deva's skull, the better to crush it flat. He never got that way as Monodramon, as Strikedramon, as Justimon. And yet, Cyberdramon was his base form. He knew someday, he would return to it, and once again be little better than a wild animal. Worse than an animal. Animals had a structure, a lifestyle. They were ruled by instinct, but while he was Cyberdramon, he responded to nothing but bloodlust. Sometimes, Ryo could restrain him with the D-Power's energy rope and prevent him from killing. Sometimes it didn't work. Since returning to Hopmon, he had only eaten an drank enough to keep himself from starving to death, and made a point of overworking himself. Perhaps if he kept himself weak enough, he could maintain his In-Training form, and would never again become the monster he had been. He had never felt like that before, never had a trace of misgiving as Cyberdramon, but then, there had been the Ark. Upon entering, he had become Monodramon again, and shortly after regaining his rookie form, his rational mind had returned, and all he could think about was what he had done... and what he would do again should he ever regain his Ultimate stage permanently. There had been no time to deal with it during the D-Reaper crisis. He had needed that rage to feel no fear against the Reaper and its Agents, and had welcomed Cyberdramon's return. But now, when most around him were innocents... [i]No,[/i] he thought. [i]I can't allow it. If I'm ever Strikedramon again, I... can't allow myself the time to digivolve any farther. I'll have to...[/i] He didn't put it into words, but he made the decision nonetheless. [i]Besides, if I become Cyberdramon again, the person I am now will die anyway. Same thing in a different sense, that's all.[/i]

But someone or something didn't agree with him. A voice touched his mind. [i]...there is another way...[/i]

"Who are you?" Hopmon called out. "Who said that?"

"Of what dost thou speak?" Knightmon inquired. " 'Tis none but us."

"I know I heard..."

[i]...follow my voice. I can give you what you desire, come to me...[/i]

Could she really help him? How could this mysterious person know so much about him, know what he needed, and know that she could give it to him? But if it was real, he had to check it out. He bounced as quickly as he could towards the source of the 'sound.'

"Halt!" Knightmon shouted after him, the lumbering Digimon not being able to keep up with the lighter one due to the weight of his armor. "Thou knowest not what thy follow!"

Hopmon didn't listen. He knew in the back of his mind that someone was calling to him, but it wasn't important. The voice was all he heard. He had to find its source. He had to follow.

Finally, a fox Digimon stepped into his path, seemingly out of nowhere. She was identical Kyuubimon, only with purple fur and golden flame from her feet and tails. He knew instinctively that she was the source of the voice.

And she was the most beautiful female that he had seen in either world from the moment he hatched until the present. "Wow..." he gasped.

"Follow me," she said, and began to walk away. Without hesitation, he followed.

"Dost thou not see?" Knightmon said, having finally caught up with him. "That is Youkomon! 'Tis not for nothing that she be known as a Bewitching Beast Digimon. The power she doth possess over male Digimon is legendary. Goddramon alone knoweth what she seeks to make thee do."

"She's beautiful..." Hopmon breathed. "She can't be evil, she's so beautiful..." he continued after her, in a daze.

"Aye, beautiful, and as dangerous!" Knightmon shouted, but his warning fell on deaf ears. Knightmon wanted to follow him, but he knew that if he did, he would only fall under Youkomon's spell. Even now, he found himself calling her beautiful. His resistance was greater than Hopmon's, but not total.

"What hast thee gotten thyself into, lad?" Knightmon mused.

[i]Oh joy[/i], Youkomon snarled to herself, [i]an In Training. Ah well, makes it that much easier to pull him away. It may take longer to achieve what I want, but if he is really the Cyberdramon...[/i] She smiled bewitchingly at the creature hopping behind her. He smiled back in a goofy, almost lustful way.
Youkomon almost grimaced, but quickly covered it. [i]No need to lose him...though it won't be hard, too.[/i] Hopmon bounced along, still smiling goofily, until he banged into a nearby stone wall.
Youkomon winced in pretended sympathy and sauntered back to the dazed creature. "Are you all right?" she asked in a siren like voice.
"Oooooo...." Hopmon moaned from pain, then, sheer happiness. "Long...as with....ou...wow...."
Youkomon resisted the urge to roll her eyes, and steeled herself as she knelt down and nuzzled him. "I don't want you to get hurt..." she whispered purringly in his ear.
Hopmon's digital core was pounding hard enough as it was, but it nearly shot out of his tiny body when Youkomon slipped one of her many satin like tails about him.
"There now, comfy?"
Hopmon managed a goofy grin.
[i]Yup, he's mine, hook, line, and sinker.[/i] Youkomon continued her walk, using a free tail to wipe away the occasional drool dripping from Hopmon's mouth. [i]Won't he be surprised when he sees where we are going...[/i]
"Hopmon! Where art thou?"
[i]Blast![/i] Youkomon glanced about for a hiding place; the hall was long and narrow, filled with cobwebs and skeletons of Youkomon's earlier..."boyfriends". One somewhat recent one still retained its feathery skin, and Youkomon slipped into the ribcage, unnoticed, unseen.
"Twould that Hopmon reveal himself anon. I profess not to fear, but to the haunt that bewitching cur can envelop any sane man with."
[i]Two for the price of one, niiiiiice,[/i] Youkomon grinned to herself. [i]If he keeps going the way he is, I won't have to worry about him much longer.[/i]
Buried in her tails, Hopmon shook, then gave a startled squeak of a sneeze. Youkomon dragged him out roughly, and proceeded to sit on him. She held her breath.
Knightmon continued to clank about. "Lad, I implore thee, show thineself so that we canst traverse back into the safety of castle." He had not heard the In Training sneeze.
After Knightmon disappeared from sight, Youkomon lifted a paw, where Hopmon was still half grinning. He blinked at her, then the skeleton above her.
"Youkomon, what's that?"
Youkomon followed his gaze, then quickly covered his eyes. "Oh, little one, do not bother yourself with such a sad tale."
Hopmon's naturally heroic urges began to stir, and he tried to sit up. "What happened?"
"Little one," she began, her voice smooth and sweet, her silken paws propping him up and covering him with her mane of fur, "little one, you know of the tragedy of the D-Reaper in our world."
"Yes, I was one of the ones that helped contain it," Hopmon replied.
[i]Yes, I know.[/i] "Really?" she said, faking sincere astonishment.
"I know, I look small, don't I?" Hopmon stated flatly.
"Oh no, [i]no[/i]," she comforted, running a gentle paw over his head, "I think you look simply dashing and handsome now. I can only imagine what you'd look like all grown up."
"All....grown...up..." Hopmon sleepily half mumbled.
"I can help you to grow up again...to help defeat what now plagues our distraught world..." Youkomon cooed.
Hopmon seemed to wake up again. "What [i]did[/i] happen here?"
[i]A little something we do to make them suffer![/i] "It's so sad," Youkomon said, a catch in her voice. She pretended to cry.
"Be strong, beautiful one," Hopmon assured her, "I need to know what I am up against."
Youkomon peered at him slyly through her paw, then pretended to wipe a tear away. "Okay..." she sniffed. "Just after the D-Reaper was contained, as you put it, my group and I were one of the last to survive. It was very clear that our world had suffered badly, and that things were going to be harsh from now on. We struggled to stay together, but things were hard. Some of us got lost, others even...killed..." She let a fake sob choke her. "When there was but five of us left, a data stream picked us up and left us here. It seemed safe enough, but one by one...we began to disappear, until only I remained."
"And your comrades..." Hopmon jumped from her grasp and peered through the feathery cover, counting three other skeletons strewn about. "...but how are these skeletons possible? Digimon completely vanish when they die."
[i]Not when you do what I do, they don't,[/i] Youkomon grinned nastily. She adopted her damsel in distress tone again. "Oh, sweet Tortomon, kind Mammothmon, understanding Kabuterimon...even above us, my final friend, who died only recently, Sinduramon rests, provided us with the rest we need. May he be forever remembered..."
"A deva? But--"
"But now that you are here," she broke in, "you can help me, before I become like them."
Hopmon was still struggling to find out why skeletons should remain. "But..."
She drew him back to her. "Let us rest now, little one. Then we shall continue our journey."
"But..." he responded weakly.
"You shall be our salvation yet again," she murmured in his ear. "Just rest for a moment."
"Yes...just for...a moment..." Hopmon settled among Youkomon's mane and closed his eyes.
The fox Digimon flexed her sharp claws and grinned at the skeleton above her. "You may know the real story," she hissed softly, "but you will never live to tell it now. Foolish bird, when it all comes down to it, size never matters!"
She did not laugh for fear of waking Hopmon, but her eyes glittered in the darkness.

Yich, Youkomon's just NASTY! Let's see what I can do...

Shinduramon's personality was whirling in a place beyond Digital World, beyond the Earth, beyond everything.
[I]How did this happen?...where's my data?...where's everything?...I'm a deva...this can't be happening to me!...I have to contact the others...it was that Youkomon...she's not what she seems to be...the Digiworld is in grave danger!...got to warn the others...[/I]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She looked at her victim with Youkomon's eyes. Little Hopmon... She had to change her form to drain her victim in a way that no other creature could do....she had to transform back to herself...to a languished girl once known as...Alice.

It had happened only shortly after Dobermon had left her...it was something peculiar that a lost of a digimonpartner could do to a person...especially if you weren't just a tamer, but a twin...Yes, Dobermon had been her digimontwin, her datahalf...because of her fathers experiments to unite matter and data...the result had been her and Dobermon, two who were one...but now the other was gone...and Alice changed...to a Digital Reaver, a halfbeing who could only live by draining the very flesh from digimons. A siren, a harpy, a succubus...she was all those to digimons...Digital Reaver Alice...

Before her very eyes was Cyberdramon -or his in-training, but it didn't matter. Cyberdramon had something that a Digital Reaver lusted, a hidden force, which would determine the digimons destiny as the ultimate protector...a new sovereign!

"I want it...I need it..." Youkomon whispered, slowly changing her form to a blonde humangirl, whose face didn't show any kind of humanity. "I URGE IT! I WILL HAVE IT!!!"

"In your dreams, you digibitch!" a sudden voice screamed from the cave's mouth. Knightmon and Hopmon woke up, seeing a horrible caricature of a once beautiful young girl.

Then Hopmon looked to where the voice had come from.
"RYO!!!"

Indeed, there was Ryo standing with Kazu, Kenta and a black dragon, who Hopmon recognized to Majiramon the Deva.
"W-who is that girl???" Kenta asked terrified of the cave full of skeletons.

Digital Reaver stared at the human boys with indifference.
"Do you really think you can defeat me? I WILL BE THE NEXT RULER OF ALL THE DIMENSIONS!!!" she screamed. Then she changed her form again. She didn't want to play with those little pests, she wanted to destroy -to kill! So she didn't go back to Youkomon, oh no! She went straight to...Kuzuhamon!

"Whoa! That's Sakuyamon!" Kazu gasped. But Ryo looked at his digivice.

"No, that's called Kuzuhamon. It's Sakuyamon's corrupted form. Hopmon, Majiramon will help you to evolve!"

"I don't think that will be enough", Majiramon said. "Shinduramon, who called me, still has his catalyst-power hiding somewhere in this cave. Together, it would be possible..."

Knightmon, who had watched the events from a distance, suddenly felt something whispering.

[I]Knightmon...you have to help them...I'll give you my power, if you help Hopmon to biomerge...[/I]

"I shall help with all I can give thee!" Knightmon swore.

[I]Good...here, do your best...[/I]

Hopmon faced the Kuzuhamon growling. Kuzuhamon just grinned to in-training digimon's pathetic attemps. But then Hopmon felt a stream of energy...no, [I]two[/I] streams of energy filling him. A light brighter than sun circled him. Then he felt how he was lifted from the ground by warm hands.
"Ryo..."
"Hopmon...let's do it!"

Then they experienced it again, like they had experienced it so long ago...a biomerge! Their figure's melted, creating a powerful entirety, JUSTIMON!

Kuzuhamon didn't grin anymore.

"Now you'll have what you deserve, you spawn of evil!" Justimon boasted. "I'll teach you what Justice feels like!!!"

A huge explosion was seen on Digiworld's sky. Azulongmon interrupted his explanation. Baihumon's torturers stopped their evil deeds for a moment. Suziemon grabbed Antylamon's neck even harder. The dark aura loosened from Rika and Jeri, only to reappear even stronger. The whole Digiworld stopped for a heartbeat. Then the light faded.

"Hopmon...did we make it?" Ryo whispered.
"It seems so...are you alright?" the in-training digimon replied.
"I guess...where's..."
"The Reaver is gone, but..."

Ryo stood up. His clothes were torn and they hunged on him. He had bruises, but he didn't even notice them. All he noticed was a naked girl lying in the middle of the destroyed cave.

"A-Alice?" the girl looked at him. Her face was back to normal...but full of sorrow and agony.

"I'm...sorry..."

*chokes* Shimatta, sage, that was [i]good[/i] stuff! And who knows...Alice might not be free yet...:shifty:
Sinduramon=Shinduramon, BTW.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Gotta find Sinduramon, gotta find Sinduramon, gotta find--oofah!" Makuramon tripped over something and slammed into the ground.
"OOOAAAHHH!!!" a high pitched voice (think Tommy from Rugrats) yelled. Makuramon rolled on his back and raised a hand to shield himself.
"Who's there? I demand to--OWWW, ba GAH!!!" Makuramon yelped in pain as a small green figure dove at him and swung a large slingshot at his head. The Monkey deva blinked away stars, and swiped at the offending figure, who dodged and giggled.
"Monkey man funny, but not fast 'nough for Monmon!"
"Ba gah, you little brat! C'mere!"
Monmon chortled in glee as his elder continued to grab at him; every once in a while, Monmon was able to whack Makuramon with his slingshot and bounce away, rolling with laughter.
After 10 minutes of this, Makuramon got angry and grabbed the slingshot as it swung to hit him again. Monmon cried out in shock, and tugged, but Makuramon was stronger.
"Mine, mine!" the green monkey shouted.
"No, mine now. If you can't play with your toys nice, you can't play at all."
Monmon released his grasp and threw himself into a noisy tantrum, wailing his heart out and beating the ground. "Nasty monkey not give Monmon shot back, waaaaaaaaaahhhh!"
"Oh shut up," Makuramon grimaced, placing a well aimed kick at Monmon's rear. This caused Monmon's wailing to shoot up an octave and Makuramon slapped his palms against his head to block out the noise.
"Ba gah! I don't have time for this!" he suddenly shouted, flinging the slingshot on the ground. He turned to continue his quest when he felt the familiar stinging pain of the slingshot walloping his head once more. Infuriated the deva turned on his heel to see Monmon scampering up a nearby tree.
"Primal Orb!" Makuramon screeched, hurling it at the Rookie. It broke the branch Monmon was standing on, and both branch and monkey came tumbling down. There was a satisfying crack; when Monmon sat up, he held up his slingshot--now a mess of splinters. It had broken his fall, and itself. Monmon promptly flung himself into a fresh new fit.
"Oh whatever," Makuramon grunted. Once more, he tried to move, but found himself blocked off by Apemon and Gorillamon. "Ba gah...where'd you all come from?"
One Apemon crossed her arms. "Why you upset little Monmon?"
"Me? Madam, that child is nothing more than a BRAT--oh, you gasp? Fine then, I will say it again--a BRAT, a BRAT, a BRA-BA-GAH!!!" (He was now in a firm arm hold of one of the burly Gorillamon.) "I am the Monkey deva, the Sovereign's right hand--release me at once!"
Gorillamon did so at once. Makuramon began to wonder if this odd tribe had any brains at all.
"Monmon no brat. Only Rookie--much important that he grow up to be Apemon!" the first Apemon said.
"You mean Gorillamon!" a Gorillamon shouted.
"Apemon!"
"Gorillamon!"
"[i]Apemon![/i]"
"[i]GORILLAMON![/i]"
"Monmon!"
"Huh?" The Champions turned to face him. He grinned toothily.
"Me like be Monmon. FUN! Only Monmon 'round! Like Buttmon there!" He pointed to Makuramon. "He fun, only Buttmon 'round."
[i]Oh brother...[/i] "Now listen here squirt, my name is Makuramon--"
"Buttmon."
"Makuramon!"
"[i]BUTTMON![/i]"
"MAKURA-BA-GAH!" (Makuramon was caught in a strangle hold again.) "Fine, fine, whatever!"
"Sit, all, sit!" Monmon yelled. The tribe sat. "What Buttmon do in Monmon ter'to'y?"
"This is [i]your[/i] territory?" Makuramon raised an eyebrow. A Rookie in charge of this divided tribe? Madness! Makuramon had no doubt of their intellegence now--simply put, they had none.
"Monmon ter'to'y, till become Champ, then say who greater, Apemon or Gorillamon. Now what Buttmon do in Monmon ter'to'y?"
"I'm looking for a fellow deva, a rooster friend of mine, Sinduramon."
"Sin'dra'mon?" Monmon made a face. "Who he? Good to eat?"
"No, ba gah!" Makuramon scolded. Behind him, the Apemon and Gorillamon masses made angry noises, and he adopted a gentler tone. "He's a chicken, you know, birdie?" He made a flapping motion with his hands.
"Bird? You want bird? We got lot bird! BIIIRRRDDDDDD!!!"
"BBBIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDD" the tribe echoed.
The echoes died away, and Makuramon rested his head on his hand. If he hadn't sworn to keep peace among the tribes, he would have blasted his way out already--mighty Baihumon was in dire need! As it was...
A squawk filled the air, followed by another and another. Soon, the noise grew too loud for Makuramon to think, so he simply waited to see what was coming.
It was a flock of Kokatorimon and Akatorimon, but not very many (remember, most are with Gryphonmon's group). They looked annoyed, but landed in front of Monmon and bowed respectfully, nonetheless.
"What is it this time, your greenliness?" one, older than the rest, asked.
"Monmon friend Buttmon look for chicken. You chicken. You know Buttmon!"
The Akatorimon was obviously blessed with much patient tolerance, for he turned wearily to Makuramon and made a similar bow. "You look for chicken, yes, you--"
"Oh can it!" Makuramon snapped. "My mental capacity is greater than all these hairy buffoons put together!" Akatorimon's crest arched noticeably and Monmon saw this.
"What Buttmon say?"
"Excusis pleasis, your greenliness," the Akatorimon hastily replied. He yanked Makuramon to one side, away from Monmon's hearing. "If you are as smart as you say, then get this through your thick skull. Don't piss the little brat off! Soon's you do, they club your head in and eatcha!"
Makuramon glanced back at the tiny Rookie, shocked. "But--"
"Deva, are you?" The Akatorimon shook his head. "You haven't seen what we piecebit tribes have had to put up with. I only hope your appearance marks the beginning of hope for some of us."
"That is exactly why I am about. I am trying to find Sinduramon and restore peace as well as we can. Baihumon is in great danger, but I can do nothing until reunited with Sinduramon and Catsuramon. Have you seen the deva I speak of?"
"I did, until that awful Youkomon took him away."
"What?"
"The bewitching beast," the Akatorimon shook his head piteously. "Gets to most of us, she does. Some say she isn't even Digimon...but then, what would I know? What I do know is that she already had a Tortomon, Mammothmon, Kabuterimon, and some others--including the second to last Monmon from here--when she managed to snag Sinduramon as well."
"But what was Sinduramon doing here?"
"Probably the same as you, trying to find you."
Makuramon scowled. "In the midst of these dummies? Ba GAH, that's going TOO far!"
"Shh!" Akatorimon warned, but it was too late.
"Buttmon say bad thing! So Monmon say Buttmon be punished! OOOOAAAHHH!"
"Punish!" the tribe echoed.
Makuramon groaned. "Why can't I ever be worshipped wherever I go?"
"Wouldn't make life fun now, would it?" Akatorimon smirked. He sauntered away.
"Don't leave me, ba gah!" Makuramon pleaded.
"You'll be fine, monkey; I'll go ask about for more information about Sinduramon. Meanwhile..." he winked. "...be sure to accidentally whack his royal greenliness one for me, eh?"
Makuramon groaned as the familiar tatoo of Monmon's slingshot began to beat on his head.

Viximon sat on a half toppled pillar watchin her little group. Rika had to be constantly guarded by Panjyamon, for fear of her hurting Jeri. Jeri sat in a corner all hunched over. She looked like she was asleep, but Viximon could occasionally hear her mutter something about being useless. The two girls had been ten times worse since that brilliant flash wave that seemed to rock the entire digital world. Just what was that? More importantly, why had it made them worse? Viximon let out her breath in a tiresome worry. Panjyamon noticed. "Sleep awhile, small one. I can handle the girls." Rika protested being called a girl. "That sound so weak. I think you should refer to me as b-" "Good Night, Rika!" Panjyamon interupted her. "Kids," he huffed. Viximon looked wearily at her partner. "I will fix you, Rika. I will." With that, Viximon rested for a while.

Pajiramon was running, trying as hard as she could to get to Vajramon's post at Flare Village. She had a message from Ebonwumon, and if she didn't deliver it, the whole digital world was doomed.
Suddenly, she was stopped by a Boltmon and an army of Meramon, Skullmeramon, Bluemeramon, and Volcanoemon. "Stop in the name of the Mihirashi Military!" shouted the Boltmon.

Another sum up to bring us up to speed, I know [i]I[/i] need it:
[b]DEVAS:[/b]
[b]Kumbhiramon (Rat):[/b] Pops in whenever he feels like it; profanity stricken; helped Gigimon grow to Guilmon early on in story to save Takato. Has just appeared to help Mihiramon against FlaWizard/ArcDaemon.
[b]Sandiramon (Snake):[/b] Helped save Ai, Mako, and Yaamon from Infermon swarm by digivolving Yaamon to Impmon. He has just granted Ai, Mako, and Impmon the ability to Biomerge to Beelzemon Gemini Mode.
[b]Vikaralamon (Pig):[/b] Short tempered; had swallowed Impmon and Calumon in a strange effort to save Impmon. Resurfaced, destroying MegaSeadramon, freeing the swallowed Digimon, and giving Sandiramon something to rest on.
[b]Makuramon (Monkey):[/b] Was helping Catsuramon find Baihumon when they were subjected to a surprise attack on said Sovereign. Makuramon had fled for help, was stuck in Monmon's (now a green, non-deva Makuramon) territory, and is now with Pajiramon, a red, non-deva Sinduramon, Renamon, and Jeri; all are searching for Rika and are about to stumble onto Anubismon and Pharoahmon.
[b]Catsuramon (Dog):[/b] Was helping Makuramon find Baihumon when they were subjected to a surprise attack on said Sovereign. Catsuramon has been kidnapped by Anubismon and her betrayals, who about to kill Baihumon. Upon being freed, he has "rescued" Rika.
[b]Pajiramon (Sheep):[/b] On her way to deliver Ebonwumon's message to Vajramon, she was stopped by the Mihirashi Military (Meramera Digimon). She has now been joined by Makuramon, Jeri, Panjyamon, and a red, non-deva Sinduramon.
[b]Majiramon (Dragon):[/b] Was with the flying Digimon group; is now in attendance with Ryo, Kazu, Kenta, Knightmon, ?Hopmon, HiAndromon, Vajramon, Zilla and Yoshi, and Alice.
[b]Antylamon (Rabbit): [/b] Is with Suzie.
[b]Mihiramon (Tiger): [/b]Bested by "Cocomon", who sucessfully grew to Lopmon, Turuiemon, and then Antylamon, has explained the new purpose of the devas and is escorting them to meet the Sovereign.
[b]Sinduramon (Rooster)[/b]: Thought to be dead--his remains were found in "Youkomon"'s lair. There is a red, non-deva one with Makuramon.
[b]Vajramon (Bull):[/b] Has appeared to help two DarkTyrannomons and Kapurimon against the Hive tribe. Helped Kapurimon warp digivolve to HiAndromon.
[b]Indramon (Horse):[/b] Appeared to help Pajiramon fight against the Mihirashi Military. Was killed helping to defend her and Jeri's group.

[b]SOVEREIGNS[/b]:
[b]Azulongmon (Dragon):[/b] Disguised as an amusing and helpful Keramon, he revealed himself to those in the Sandira/Vikaralamon group. At the moment, he is a Mikemon.
[b]Baihumon (Tiger):[/b] Was tortured by Anubismon and her followers, who believe killing him will set them free. At the moment, he is arguing with Pharoahmon and Anubismon about their master, Millienniummon.
[b]Ebonwumon (Turtle Tree):[/b] Has sent a message via Pajiramon, but has yet to appear.
[b]Zhuqiaomon (Phoenix):[/b] Has made Yamaki and Riley Tamers to help the children.

[b]TAMERS/HUMANS[/b]:
[b]Takato[/b]: Originally his idea to go back through the portal to the Digital World. Has been reunited with Guilmon.
[b]Henry[/b]: Worried about Juggernaut, which is still inside Terriermon, but has yet to share fears. Has been reunited with Terriermon, who has been placed in solitary confinement for having Juggernaut reactivated in him.
[b]Rika[/b]: Something has been bothered her since she got to the Digital World, and she is now a prisoner of Pharaohmon and Anubismon. She had found Viximon, who is now with Jeri.
[b]Jeri[/b]: Was baring the brunt of Rika's anger but is no longer bother by the dark force. Wonders where Calumon is.
[b]Ryo[/b]: Not as tolerant as he used to be of Kazu and Kenta following him around; has a sense of Rika. Is protecting Alice at the moment.
[b]Kazu[/b]: Trailing Ryo and being trailed by Kenta. Has been united with HiAndromon.
[b]Kenta[/b]: Is following Ryo and Kazu around. Has not found MarineAngemon (who is with Takato's group).
[b]Ai and Mako[/b]: Saved Yaamon on entering the Digital World, but since have learned about his past. Although both Tamers and Digimon have been running from each other, they are reunited at the moment.
[b]Alice[/b]: A Digimon Reaver (vampire?). With her Digital half Dobermon gone, she desperately feeds on others. While posed as a "Youkomon", she supposedly devoured Sinduramon.
[b]Suzie[/b]: Has biomerged with Lopmon, but the two are Suzie and Antylamon at the moment. In addition to Mihiramon, they have been joined by Kumbhiramon, Yamaki and Gazimon, and Riley and Ranamon; they are all facing off against FlaWizard/ArcDaemon.
[b]Yamaki:[/b] Unwilling Tamer to Gazimon; love interest for Riley
[b]Riley:[/b] Beyond excited Tamer to Ranamon, who isn't sharing her partner's enthusiasm.
[b]Tally:[/b] Tamer to Devidramon and being hunted down by Gigidramon and Megadramon.

[b]GROUPINGS (at moment):[/b]
#1--Takato, Henry, Growlmon, (Terriermon), Beelzemon Gemini Mode, MarineAngemon and soul mate, Sandiramon, (Vikaralamon), (Azulongmon/Mikemon), (Pabu/Okuwamon), the Wavemakers
#2--Jeri, Renamon, Pajiramon, Makuramon, non-deva Sinduramon
#3--Antlyamon, Suzie, Mihiramon, FlaWizardmon/ArcDaemon, Kumbhiramon, Yamaki, Gazimon, Riley, Calamarimon
#4--Ryo, Kazu, Kenta, Alice/"Youkomon", Hopmon, Majiramon, Vajramon, Zilla and Yoshi (DarkTyrannomon), and HiAndromon
#5--Baihumon, Anubismon, Phaoraohmon
#6--Non-deva Makuramon with Ape/Gorillamon and Akatori/Kokatorimon tribe
#7--Calumon, Crabmon
#8-Catsuramon, Rika
#9--Tally, Devidramon, (Gigadramon, Megadramon)
#10--Monster Makers, minus Dolphin who has just left
(All others are on their own, and thus are not groups.)

WHEW! That was more in depth than I planned, but I will definitely update this post from now on, as needed.

Pajiramon stopped to think. Suddenly, she got an idea. She ran up to a Meramon an kicked him in the head. Enraged, he shot a Magma Blast, just as Pajiramon planned. She held out an arrow and let it catch fire. Quickly, she shot it up with her cross-bow. She waited for help. Suddenly, a Bluemeramon was blown into peices. Indramon lept beside her.

Panjyamon rose to his feet. Rika, who by this time was asleep, stired a little and bumped Viximon. The little fox yawned, but suddenly noticed Panjyamon. "What is it?"
"SHHhhhh. Someone's here." Something thudded across the floor and hit a nearby column. Panjyamon was ready to kill, but it was only a rock. It grew quiet again. Too quiet, Viximon thought. She and Panjyamon scanned the dark room of the ruins as best they could. All of a sudden, the silence was broken by a defening scream. "Oh no, Jeri!" Panjyamon called. Jeri was on her knees holding her head. "Make it stop!" She wailed. "No! I won't listen!" Jeri sobbed. Rika was to her feet. Her eyes were glazed and she stood motionless. "Fight it Jeri!" Viximon ordered. Jeri continued to hold on. "Look!" Panjyamon cried. There appearing next to Rika, was what appeared to be a digimon wrapped in a black cloak. "You are behind all of this! Leave them alone!" Viximon yelped. She wished she could become Renemon at least.
"I am so frightened. An in training threatening me. I shall run now. Puhh."
"What about me?! Will you not fear me?" Panjyamon shouted.
"You are a little better, but still no match for a mega." the figure spoke in a dark, ruling tone.
"Reveal yourself! Let's see how powerfull you really are!"
"Very well!" The figure threw off the cloak and revealed himself to be an egyptian looking digimon. He grabbed Jeri, but she was able to struggle free and run to Panjyamon.
"Huh. No matter! I have what I wanted!" The mega said.
Jeri No longer felt the dark presence around her. She held up her digivice. "Pharaohmon. Mega level. Says his attack is Necro Mist, and he controls many ancient spells."
"That's how you and Rika were controled!" Viximon realized.
"Give her back!" Panjyamon demanded.
"I think she wants to go, don't you Ms. Nonoka?"
"Yes, What ever you desire." Rika said in an almost monotone voice.
"You see? Now if you will excuse me, I have a sovereign to deal with!" Pharaohmon retorted.
"Fist Of Ice!" Pharaohmon blocked Panjyamon's attack with his arm and Ice formed on it. He shook it off. "Perhaps you are not as powerful as they say! Necro Mist!" A red fog filled the room. Jeri and Viximon began to cough. Jeri fell unconcious to the floor, followed by Viximon, and Panjyamon soon after. Pharaohmon took Rika by the hand and lept into the air. He sped through it swiftly. Rika watched as the jungle turned into a savanah, and finally a rocky desert. As Pharaohmon slowed down to land, Rika could see a mass of digimon fighting against Baihumon, who they had restrained. Pharaohmon touched down and a winged, dog-like digimon approached them.
"Ah, my queen. I have a gift for you!" Pharaohmon spoke comfortably.
"You got the girl! Excellent, my dear! Now we will become more powerful than the sovereign themselves! Why send a human to do our job?!" Anubismon replied. Nearby, Catsuramon was trying as best he could to help his sovereign. He hadn't noticed Pharaohmon and Rika.
"Where are you, you stupid monkey?" He growled.
Makuramon let out a shrill cry as Monmon pelted him with the slingshot. "Bah GAH! This is pointless! I must find Sinduramon!" But how could he get out of here?

These are the DarkTyrannomon that showed up to help out against the Greymon that Suzie and Cocomon ran into waaaay back on the first page. I gave them names to differentiate, try not to laugh.

=====

"We'd best be heading back," the older, larger DarkTyrannomon decided.

"Too bad. I was hoping to get a few more licks in against those Greymon."

"You never were one to pass up a fight, Yoshi. Someday, you're going to wind up in a lot of trouble."

"And you were never one to pass up a chance to lecture me, Zilla. Let's just head back, if we must."

"We must," Zilla insisted. He and Yoshi began to walk back the way they had come. "The others must know that at least one Tamers has returned. Maybe, just maybe, this world has a chance after all."

"Oh, come on," Yoshi laughed. "It's not that bad. The factions are no worse than D-Reaper."

"They are, almost. With all of us at war with each other, how long do you think it'll take before we destroy ourselves?"

"The world isn't that fragile. We'll get it together eventually."

"The world, no. But the people? Very much so. Look at us. All expending resources to fight off our neighbors. The only way we can survive this time of disaster is to combine our resources and work together to extend them. But try telling that to some of the other factions."

"You may be right. But what's a hatchling human going to do about... yeow!" Yoshi yelped as he stepped on something sharp, and received a shock. "What the..."

The two DarkTyrannomon looked down to see a small blue raccoon in a helmet. Electricity leapt between two points on the helmet.

"A Kapurimon?" Zilla said. "How'd you get here?"

"I don't know," Kapurimon said. "Me and Hopmon were separated by a data stream. I wound up here, and Hopmon's... out there somewhere."

"The data streams have started up again? I suppose that's a good sign that things are working their way back to normal," Zilla mused. "For now, let's get you out of danger. We've ran into a few unfriendly types."

"Let me guess. Hive, Saurians, or... Not the Mihirashi, or the place would have been burned to the ground."

"Saurians," Yoshi said. "We sure taught them a lesson." Yoshi made punching motions in the air. "They were picking on some human-looking thing that talked funny, and what used to be Lopmon."

"Wait! You've seen Suzie and Lopmon? Which way did they go?" Kapurimon said.

"You mean you're [i]that[/i] Kapurimon?" Yoshi exclaimed. "And those two were... oh, man! Zilla, you [i]knew.[/i] Why didn't you tell me?!"

"Because you would want to go with them, and get yourself into as much trouble as Digimonly possible, instead of gathering food like we're supposed to be doing." Zilla turned back to Kapurimon. "And you're not going after them, either."

"I helped fight D-Reaper, remember?" Kapurimon piped up.

"Yes, you did. And that's why you must be kept safe. You're too important to be allowed to wander down the throat of a Dokugumon."

"Really? I beg to differ," said a voice from behind them. The three spun around to see, sure enough, a Dokugumon.

"Speak of the Daemon," Zilla muttered. "You happy, Yoshi?"

"Very," Yoshi said. "Fire Breath!" A stream of flame flew towards the Dokugumon, who kicked all eight legs at once to dodge it. Into the Dokugumon's place stepped a JewelBeemon, who was completely unfazed by the attack. "This isn't good, is it?" Yoshi said.

One by one, insect Digimon surrounded Kapurimon and the two DarkTyrannomon. "Have at you!" Kapurimon was yelling as he blew pink bubbles their way. No one was impressed by them. "Aw, nuts and bolts," Kapurimon muttered.

"I don't suppose we can talk about this?" Yoshi said.

All the insect Digimon, the Flymon, Tentomon, Stingmon, Dokugumon, Yanmamon and SandYanmamon, and all four classes of Beemon, and others, hundreds of insects in all, grinned and shook their heads. "Looks like we've got some [i]intruders![/i]" a DinoBeemon announced. "And the [i]Hive[/i] doesn't [i]like[/i] intruders. Do you [i]know[/i] how we handle [i]intruders[/i] around here?"

"Uh, you let them off with a warning?" Kapurimon suggested.

"Ready!" the DinoBeemon shouted. "Aim!"

"Stop it!" shouted a deep voice.

"And who are you?" DinoBeemon answered.

The owner of the voice, a rather large bull-taur wielding rather large swords stepped into view. "My name is Vajramon. The Deva Vajramon."

"Do we look impressed?" DinoBeemon jeered.

"You look like one who does not have long to live, if you defy me. Deva Blade!" The blast landed at DinoBeemon's feet. Now, if there's nothing else..."

"Ah, but there is," Dokugumon said.

"He looks tasty," an Okuwamon added. [AN: NOT the Okuwamon that was with Terriermon a page or two ago.]

The insects attacked at once. "Lightning Sting!" "Brown Stingers!" "Poison Cobweb!" Vajramon blocked with his blades, but some of the attacks got through. He tried not to show the pain, and let loose with a Deva Blade. It sliced through two FlyBeemon and a Dokugumon. Other insect Digimon quickly absorbed the data to aid in the assault. "Shot Claw!" JewelBeemon shouted, firing his arm-blades.

"Fire Breath!" Yoshi and Zilla shouted together, sending flames at them. One blade was destroyed, but the other simply turned towards the two DarkTyrannomon, slashing at them.

"Stun Ray!" a SandYanmamon shouted from above, striking Yoshi. Yoshi blasted the SandYanmamon with a burst of flame, but the JewelBeemon blade cut into him while his attention was turned. Yoshi turned to aim for it, but his reactions were slowing down as the Stun Ray's power began to affect him. He could faintly hear a voice saying "Now!"

"Lightning Sting!" eleven FlyBeemon shouted, concentrating their firepower on him. He turned to attack, but was quickly wrapped up with the Poison Thread of two Dokugumon. Zilla tried to come to Yoshi's aid, but his hands were full with DinoBeemon and JewelBeemon.

Vajramon hacked away at several Flymon, who were now wisely keeping their distance, and leapt to slice Yoshi's restraints. He ran past Yoshi to slash at the Dokugumon. The Dokugumon dodged away. Vajramon followed them, only to fall into their improvised trap: More than twenty HoneyBeemon dropped Venom Powder onto him, and the instant it made contact, his skin burned like fire. Vajramon howled.

Kapurimon was backed against a tree by several Kunemon. His bubbles couldn't keep them back, and he didn't dare get close enough to use his electrified 'horns.'

Yoshi shook his head to clear it, and went to help Vajramon. His burst of flame was weak, and easily blocked by a Shadramon. A Dokugumon used a Searchmon's back as a springboard to land in front of him. Still not thinking clearly from the Stun Ray and the subsequent beating, he didn't question where the Dokugumon had come from, and charged, leaving himself open to the Searchmon. "Jamming Hertz!" the Searchmon shouted, bringing his claws down on Yoshi. Every nerve in his body short-circuited at once. Yoshi let out a squawk, and was thrown to the ground. He tried to call for Zilla, but his voice wasn't working, and Zilla was still occupied.

"Kapurimon, get ready!" Vajramon called.

"Ready for what?!" Kapurimon demanded.

Vajramon said nothing, but concentrated. Kapurimon felt a buildup of energy within him, and just when he thought he could contain no more, the energy flared up, and went to work. "Kapurimon warp-digivolve to... HighAndromon!"

The insect Digimon stopped immediately to look at the Mega, as did Zilla. Yoshi tried to, but his limbs still weren't responding properly. He twitched and jerked, but nothing more. Vajramon, weak from the battle and the use of the power required to boost an In-Training to Mega, fainted.

"It's time we exterminated! Say 'Ra-aid!'" HighAndromon laughed. His attitude hadn't changed with the power boost. The insect Digimon who were bold enough released their attacks at once. HighAndromon simply walked through them. "My turn. Atomic Ray!"

A white-hot beam of energy released from a weapon hidden in one hand cut a path through the thick of the insect Digimon, causing several to be vaporized immediately. One of them was the talkative DinoBeemon. The other members of the Hive immediately retreated into the woods.

"Well, that was interesting," HighAndromon said. "Everyone all right?"

The two DarkTyrannomon answered with groans. Vajramon was just beginning to stir.

"Well, don't worry. I don't think they'll be back." He looked at Yoshi. "How long does Jamming Hertz last?"

"About ten hours. But if the rest of Yoshi is as thick as his head," Zilla answered, "I imagine it'll wear off in only four or five."

Yoshi groaned once more. [i]I am never getting into another fight as long as I live,[/i] he thought. He tried moving an arm experimentally, and, to his surprise, he was able to wiggle one finger. He thought of Searchmon once more. And of SandYanmamon, whose Stun Ray kept him from being able to react to the Searchmon. [i]Then again...[/i] He made a mental note to pay a visit to the Hive when he was a stage or two higher.