OtakuBoards

Tamers: v2

Sara

Maybe Calumon doesn't digivolve...it's up to us. Remember that Leomon, Guardromon or MarineAngemon didn't evolve either. And one of Cera's rules sure was that no fic-characters shouldn't be added, so I think you should change your post, Materdramon. There are about 450 real digimons, and I think you'll find appropriate one out of them.

Okay, it may sound unfair, for I made up Beelzemon Gemini Mode, but he was just a mode, and he didn't come out of nowhere. That's why it's kinda different.

What do the others say? (meaning Ginny, Mina and Cera, because that's everybody we have.)

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think....that Calu and Impmon...if we have them reach levels we haven't seen...could be exceptions. They're part of the story, after all. But mystery digimon coming out of nowhere, for no good reason....?

Calumon should digivolve into a Lucemon. That's what half the fandom thinks his evo is anyway. And Lucemon's so powerful he doesn't even need forms after that. And Impmon doesn't need a Champion and an Ultimate form. Besides, there are already two more forms that can only be fanmade: Whatever form he's in now, biomerged with just Ai, and whatever his form will be when biomerged with just Mako. And when you can digivolve into one of five possible Mega forms, what would possess you to digivolve into a mere Champion? Something would have to happen to him to make him Champion-capable, since we know from the show that it's normal for him to go straight to mega.

But, Cera started this project, so it's her call.

Personally, I think Beelzemon would be himself without the corona blaster or wings when he was biomerged with just one of the twins. But that's just my opinion.......though it does cut down on confusion:)

Well now, hold on, you guys--I'm looking over Cera's Ten Commandments of Tamers V2 and I don't see anything that comes out and says No Fic Digimon. Let's face it--Gazimon doesn't have an "official" Champion. Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with Coyotemon--[i]as long as he doesn't branch off into some brand new as of yet unseen digivolution process.[/i] We still need to play by Season 3's rules.
The only complaints I would have would be if:
(1) Everyone else starting to put ficDigis in. A fic Digi should be allowed. If I start seeing a new made up Digimon every post though, that [i]will[/i] bother me. Give poor Masterdramon a chance before you chase him away for good.
(2) Coyotemon is Masterdramon's fic Digimon. Remember, the rules clearly indicate no self insertion. Even if us humans do not appear, it's considered (IMO) self insertion to put our ficDigis in.

Remember, I'm to blame for Gazimon's unique talent (which is, in case you haven't figured it out, to digivolve into any Champion as needed. Whether he can go farther remains to be seen...*adopts mysterious look*). Also remember that Cera wanted us to have fun with this. So let's have fun (just so long as it doesn't get out of hand. ;)).
Well, that's my 2 cents, but really, since this is all Cera's, the final word is hers.

Gazimon didn't digivolve, he whistled, and Coyotemon "emerged from the darkness." Literally, out of nowhere, as Sage and Cera said. Keep in mind it's a demon Digimon convention here. How did Coyotemon get there? How is he in whistling range? Where did he come from? Also, he vaporized FlaWizarmon, who was once Wizardmon. Not too admirable of him. And since FlaWizarmon's also ArcaDaemon, then, if this ArcaDaemon's like the one in V-Tamer, then to be able to do that, Coyotemon must easily be as strong as Gallantmon Crimson Mode, if not even stronger. So, if Cera agrees, we should find a way of undoing that bit.

And Masterdramon, really, we're not trying to beat you down or anything. Nobody's got anything against you. It's just that things like this bring the rules into question, and we've got to figure out how it's going to be from here out. The same thing would happen if my Lycanthromon were to pop in from the ether to save the day (or more likely, knowing me and my love of keeping the characters in trouble, if my SkullMagnadramon were to pop in to ruin it.) And Gemini Mode probably sits better with most people because Beelzemon in a different mode is still Beelzemon, and because it's already ingrained into the story. If he'd asked beforehand, we'd probably be having the same discussion. (Personally, the way I'd have done it was to make biomerging necessary due to his run-in with the Flying Panels of Doom, and when he's bio'ed with one kid, he's normal mode and has Behemoth, but when it's both, he's Blast Mode.) Anyway, Masterdramon, I hope you don't feel like we're bashing you or anything. That's not how it's intended.

Okay, it's best if we settle this quickly: as this was started by Cera, she'll judges if we accept Masterdramon's idea or not. I personally think that "out-of-nowhere-heroes-who-save-the-day" aren't good for the story at all.

And I'm sorry if I've been a bit confusing, when I wrote ArchDaemon into the story, but it was like this: Daemon took Mihiramon's catalyst-power to evolve himself AND Wizardmon, who was captured by his minions, to a higher level. I didn't mean to make ArchDaemon a ultrastrong villain, that couldn't be defeated even by all the Tamers together. As he is a devil-type digimon, he's weak for angel-type digimon's attacks (and vice versa). Maybe that will be the solution...?

Anyhow, I'll continue the story a bit:

A frrezing blizzard howled in the canyon where a small, green figure was struggling for it's life.
"P-pajiramon...hope you were able to get the message to my brothers...for I have failed...the Ultimate Digimental...was not there...how can this be?...All I can hope is that...it isn't in the claws of any of our enemies...Without it...how can the fifth sovereign come?...how can the world be saved?...I have no answers...for I have failed..." the small figure collapsed to the snow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Urgh, look, wife! Look!"
"Argh, it seems to be...a Tanemon, husband! It's all cold! We should take him to our cave!"
"Alright, wife. But how could it be here? There are no vegetation-digimons in the Glacier!"
"Ergh, I don't know, husband, but we must go now!"~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He felt bizarre...as if he was...in a different body? Then he remembered: all the struggling, the pain, the despair... He had lost his powers for good now! He had become a mere Tanemon! He, who once was a mighty Sovereign...Ebonwumon! But how did he still lived?

"Urgh, look, wife! It's waking!"
Tanemon opened his eyes and saw a white Mojyamon staring at him. Then a brown J-Mojyamon appeared too, carrying a bowl of hot soup.
"Here, little one! Take this!" the female J-Mojyamon said.

Tanemon slurped the soup quickly. He hadn't eaten in ages!
"Thank you", Tanemon said quietly. He was alive for now, but what he could do now? The Ultimate Digimental had disappeared from it's hidden Temple. Who could have taken it? Who could have known about it?

A tear of despair ran down from Tanemon's brown eye. The Digiworld was doomed!

"Lookie what I found! Isn't it beautiful???"
"Hey, it was me who found it!"
"Shut up! How could you have found it, when you can't even carry it by yourself?"
"Quiet, both of you! This treasure must be taken to our Emperor's cave, where all the other treasures are!"
"Aww, can't I keep it, General Nanimon?"
"No! King ShogunGekomon would be furious if he'd find out that you have such a treasure, Soldier Gekomon! And same goes for you, Soldier Otamamon!"
"Aw nuts!"
"You must do your duties as the soldiers of [B]the Dump[/B]!"

After soldiers had left, General Nanimon looked at the piece of stone: there was a complex carving on it that glowed faintly.
"This must be something precious...Well, King ShogunGekomon doesn't need this! This goes perfectly with my new sofa!"
Then he vanished in the bog of the underground city.

::massages temples::

Okay. We've got BGM, which is fine with me. I'm perfectly okay with various digivolves of critters we've already got, so long as they're, well, making sense. I don't think Coyotemon should show up right there. First of all, FlaWizardmon is sorta an old friend, and it's not very Digimonly just to vaporize people. And second, whether or not this is like a new season, there are plenty of digimon in the cards that have yet to show up and/or play a major role in any season.

The reason I mentioned Calumon's stages as possible make-ups, is because we've already got a Lucemon gallavanting about with Alice. Which isn't to say we couldn't have another one--you guys've got the green Makuramon and the red Shindura[or whatever]mon., it just seems like it would be difficult to distinguish the two.

I'd rather try to keep to the digimon we've already got, though. There are hundreds to choose from. It'd be a bit like cheating to pull in completely FMDs. And since Ginny's got this up on theOtaku as a continuation of Tamers, [which it is, mind.]...it's not fair to anyone reading to suddenly meet someone's FMD. Like I said, there are plenty of RPGs and stories that allow you to place yourself and your own digimon into the story line. This one's about Tamers.

And there's just something that bugs me about fanmades that have the ability to destroy almost anything in its path.

Anyone up for redoing the Coyotemon part?

Masterdramon, you're welcome to join in. You'll just have to bear with the rest of us.

Piximon's got that force field thing. Though I've got no love for the Deus Ex Machina thing [is still mad at the way Justimon dropped off of the last train from nowhere in his first appearance] Piximon's the right choice for one. But how'd Gazimon know Piximon was in whistling range, and why didn't he call Piximon sooner?

At any rate, [way overdramatic gesture] we must now extricate ourselves from the quagmire of OTification. :p So, here's the next part. I'm assuming since Alice's Digimon form is Youkomon/Kuzuhamon, she's got the same sorta-telepathy Renamon's got.

Oh, and OT=Off topic

"This isn't good," Kazu said.

"No, you think?" Kenta said sarcastically. "So, Lucemon, do you know what it means?"

"No," Lucemon said. "I've never seen a whole village vanish at once. And all the houses and buildings I can see are all intact. It's like everybody got up and walked away at the same time."

"Or took them at the same time," Kenta said.

"Alice, do you sense anyone?" Lucemon asked.

"No. It's just us. But still, something's not right."

"Let's go have a look around," HighAndromon said.

"Are you sure we should..." Kenta began.

"There is nothing to fear when you have [i]me[/i] here to protect you!" HighAndromon declared, already beginning to march onward. "Come on!" The sound of his marching onward made standing there feel like walking through a construction site. Kazu chased after his partner.

"Man, that Gardromon's a lot worse now that his power level matches his ego level," Kenta said. "You'd think he could at least try to walk quietly."

"He reminds me of someone I used to know," Zilla said smartly. "Gee, I wonder who that might be." He cast a glance to Yoshi, who was still on Majiramon's back about a mile above, or so it felt.

Ryo laughed. "At least that racket should be able to drown out their bragging. Come on, let's check out this way." He and Kenta turned towards one of the shops, Hopmon bounding after them. "Maybe there's a clue as to what happened somewhere around here."

"Go with them, Vajramon," Majiramon said. "I'll keep an eye out for anything strange."

"I guess we should just pick a direction," Lucemon said to Alice. "Straight ahead's as good as any."

"What about us?" asked two small voices from behind Lucemon. He and Alice turned to see Gatomon and BlackGatomon. They wondered just how long the two cats had been there. They apparently knew everything. Alice and Lucemon both wondered just how many things the cats had observed in such a manner, without their observees knowing.

"Finding trouble's what you two are best at," Alice said. "If anyone can find out what happened, it's you. I guess take any area that's not already taken, and have a look around."

"Right," Gatomon and BlackGatomon said together. The twins dropped to all fours and ran into town, quickly out of sight.

-----

Hours of searching turned up nothing. Kazu and HighAndromon were now searching high and low (the black android doing most of the [i]high[/i] and Kazu doing most of the [i]low[/i]) for clues and a recently-abandoned house. It was more elaborate than most of the others in the area. It had probably belonged to someone important, or was a place where several Digimon dwelt.

[i]This is taking far too long,[/i] HighAndromon thought. [/i] Whatever did this could have gotten from here to Sky City by now. There's got to be a better way to...[/i] HighAndromon heard a low noise from outside, and told Kazu.

"All I hear is the racket you make when you move," Kazu said. "Why don't giant robots come with mufflers?"

HighAndromon knew that his sensors were far better than human hearing, and what he had heard was real. "Come with me," HighAndromon said. "We need to investigate this."

"Whatever. Not like we're doing much good here."

The duo walked outside the structure to see something near the edge of the woods. The air itself seemed to be cracked, and tiny data particles seeped through each hairline fracture in reality. "Okay," Kazu commented. "This is officially weird."

-----

Lucemon and Alice were having a similarly fruitless search, crouching through the underground dwelling of a group of Numemon. Numemon were highly sensitive to light, so they lived beneath the surface. The holy light from Lucemon's wings were the main source of illumination.

"Anything?" Lucemon said.

"Nothing," Alice reported. "Same there, I take it?"

"Right. Wait a second, here's... oh, YUCK!" Alice exclaimed. A Numemon's favorite way to relax was a nice, cold slime bath. Which is what Alice had stepped in, unable to see it now that Lucemon was farther away. She could here the angel Digimon chuckling.

"Ooh, I meant to warn you about that," Lucemon chuckled. "Silly me."

"When I get my claws on you..." Alice growled.

"Ooh, I'm terrified," Lucemon said, walking toward Alice. "Let me see what..."

Alice quickly launched a glob of goop at her companion. Lucemon ducked, but his movement put one of his wings in the line of fire. The glob connected with a squishy BLORP. "Eew!" Lucemon exclaimed as he looked over the sticky purple substance now clinging onto him. Alice laughed, for the first time in far too long.

"Well, no [i]solid[/i] evidence here," Alice said squishing the goo between her fingers. "I've already looked through the last tunnel and everything looks perfectly normal." She walked to Lucemon and began trying to de-goop his wing. "Still, I think that... whoa." she said quickly, looking around.

"What is it?" Lucemon asked.

"Outside," Alice said, beginning to make her way to the entrance as fast as she could.

Lucemon, who knew to trust Alice's sixth sense, followed as close as he could, barely keeping up with her. Finally, they reached the entrance, and climbed out into the now-dark sky. Night had come as suddenly as it always did in the digital world.

But blacker than night were the strange fractures in the sky, contrasting with the stark white data bleeding through. "What is it?" Lucemon asked.

"I don't know, but it's seriously dangerous. It's time we got the others," Alice said, not daring to take her eyes away from the phenomenon.

"Hey, guys!" Lucemon turned to shout, but it was too late. The data from the fractures was already beginning to take shape.

Majiramon touched down next to Alice and Lucemon, and Kazu and HighAndromon were already on their way, from the sound of it. But the creature before them was almost fully formed. The grains took on the shape of a towering creature half Majiramon's size, made up mostly of cables. Loosely attached were gigantic, white, clawed appendages at the end of the arm- and leg-stalks that the cables formed. A tiny V-shaped head with a single eye in the center sat atop it. The cables at the center of the body cluched a bluish-white globe with a dark center.

"What the...?" Kazu asked, taking out his digivice. He activated the analyzer, but the creature's statistics did not appear. What did appear was the profiles of virtually every Digimon he'd ever heard of and a few he hadn't. After the Digimon statistics came human names and faces. They were of every age, every race, every nationality. "Just who or what is that?"

The creature uttered a low rumbling sound as it turned toward the team. At first, dumbly, as if it didn't see them, but soon, its eye finally rested upon HighAndromon.

Alice let out a curse, and ran in front of HighAndromon. Her body began to glow, and she grew to HighAndromon's size, while her hair became white and waist-length. Then the bodysuit appeared, and then the armor, and she was Kuzuhamon again. "Womb Mandala!" she called.

A copy of Sakuyamon's Amethyst Mandala descended upon the giant creature, who stood its ground. "Absorb Bang!" the creature countered. From its eye came a beam of energy. The Womb Mandala wrapped around it, being absorbed. Inside the beam, a line of tangled cables formed, and at its end, a claw. In its center, where the palm of a hand should have been, was a dark, empty hole. The energy of the Womb Mandala was sucked into the hole, and the beam and its claw retracted into the creature's eye.

"Okay, [i]that's[/i] different," Kazu commented. "Should we be attacking him, anyway? We don't know he's done anything. Hey, dude!" Kazu shouted at the creature, walking toward it. "This is just a misunderstanding, we don't want any trouble. Look, you know what's happened to the people here? And if you've seen any..."

"Absorb Bang!" The beam/claw descended on Kazu as fast as the eye could see. Just as quickly, HighAndromon countered it with his Atomic Ray. The Ray did no damage, but the creature's beam/claw did stop to absorb it, leaving Kazu time to get out of its way. HighAndromon disengaged the Atomic Ray, leaving the beam/claw to lurch forward and impact the ground, causing a huge explosion that threw Kazu and HighAndromon several yards. The black android was unhurt, but Kazu was knocked unconscious the moment he impacted the ground. The Digimon turned to them, when a burst of flame struck it from the side. It seemed to take the creature a second to notice who had done it. It was Zilla, who was standing with Ryo, Kenta, Hopmon and Vajramon. The enemy turned to face then.

Majiramon launched into the air, flying straight up, while Yoshi screamed incoherent complaints from his back. The sky became cloudy, and rumbled, sounding angry. Waves of red light rippled around him. The monstrous Digimon turned to look at the dragon Deva, Kazu and HighAndromon momentarily forgotten. HighAndromon took the opportunity to sling Kazu over his shoulder and carry him out of the line of fire.

"It takes Majiramon a while to set up his attack," Ryo said. "We'd better keep hitting him in the meantime."

"Grand Cross!" Lucemon shouted, spreading his arms and tilting his head in a way that [i]had[/i] to be very uncomfortable. His wings glowed, and a cross-shaped burst of energy shone from him to strike the Digimon. It had absolutely no effect on him.

"Atomic Ray!"

"Deva Blade!"

"Reverse Tengu's Rice!" Kuzuhamon unleashed an attack identical to Sakuyamon's Spirit Strike.

Majiramon dropped from the sky, while arrows of energy converged on the strange Digimon. "Flaming Arrowheads!" he shouted.

There were explosions from the attacks, but when they cleared, the strange Digimon was unaffected.

"Who is this guy?" Ryo said. "My Digivice is showing every pretty much every Digimon [i]but[/i] him. And some of these profiles are for humans."

"I can't believe it's real," Zilla said.

"What do you mean?" Ryo asked him. "You've heard of him?"

"I thought it was just a myth, a tale to frighten naughty children. Its name is Parallelmon. It consumes others and stores them within itself, and feeds on their life force to increase its own strength. That's where everyone is, they're inside [i]that.[/i] And the only way we'll ever get them back is to bring Parallelmon down before their life force has been entirely consumed."

The others continued pouring attacks at the strange creature. Parallelmon continued ignoring them. Occasionally he directed a blast their way, playing with them as a cat plays with a mouse before killing it.

"If it's feeding on everyone who lived here, then it should be nearly invincible, even against Megas," Majiramon said. "I advise we leave now and come up with a plan, maybe get some help. If what you say about it is true, we'll do nothing but become its next meal as we are."

The eye in the center of Parallelmon's head became bloodshot and started to swell. "[i]Absorb Bang![/i]"

The beam and its ethereal claw began to descend upon Zilla, Ryo, Kenta, Hopmon, and Vajramon. They scattered to avoid it.

Zilla, Hopmon, and Vajramon launched attacks at the beam/claw, but they were only absorbed with no effect. Parallelmon made a low, rumbling sound, and stomped towards them. They and the two humans ran. "Scatter!" Vajramon said. "Don't give it an easy target!"

They did so, though it did little good, due to Parallelmon's sheer size. Parallelmon kicked out with a clawed foot, sending rocks and dirt, and pieces of a well their way. The onslaught knocked them all to the ground. Zilla, Hopmon, and Vajramon attacked again, as well as Majiramon, Lucemon, Kuzuhamon, and HighAndromon. The attacks had all the effectiveness they usually had: None.

Parallelmon glanced around, picking a victim at random. His Absorb Bang descended towards Vajramon, Ryo, and Hopmon.

"Get out of the way!" Vajramon shouted, shoving the human and the In-Training aside. The beam flowed over Vajramon, and the ethereal claw grabbed him. Ryo and Hopmon saw Vajramon vanish in a burst of light. The light spread over Ryo and Hopmon, and they felt like they were pinwheeling through empty space. It was like travelling to the Digital World for the first time, only worse.

And then, the light cleared, and they saw that they were no longer where they had been. They were now back in the real world, in Akihabara. There were only a few people walking up and down the streets. Far too few, but no one was in a panic, so it was probably not due to Parallelmon. A few people looked at Ryo and began pointing and speaking in whispers.

"Whoa, that wasn't fun," Ryo said to Hopmon. "I feel like the bottom of a birdcage. How'd we get here, anyway?"

"Guess there's more to Parallelmon than we know," Hopmon said. "Maybe we were too close to that beam of his, but not close enough to get sucked in."

"We've got to figure out how to get back to the Digital World, and we won't find it here. We need to catch the subway back to Shinjuku."

"Right," Hopmon said.

Soon, a police car, sirens blazing, raced around the corner, heading in their direction. More soon followed.

"Ryo Akiyama!" shouted a voice over a megaphone. "We have you surrounded! Get down on the ground!"

"What's going on?" Ryo said to Hopmon. "The worst crime I've ever committed is jaywalking." Ryo ducked into an electronics store to find a better escape route.

Once inside, they saw the TV displays. Most of the televisions were tuned to a Godzilla movie, but one was not. That one showed a scene being shot from a helicopter. Police were moving in around the electronics store. "It appears the long chase is almost over," a newscaster said. "Ryo Akiyama was last seen entering this electronics store in Akihabara. He is a known member of the criminal band known as the Tamers, who harbor the dangerous creatures they call Digimon."

"What?" Ryo said. "This can't be happening."

"I assure you, Mr. Akiyama, it is," said a familiar voice. Ryo glanced behind him to see Yamaki at the head of a group of agents, each of which had their guns pointed at Ryo and Hopmon. "Thank you for bringing that creature with you so we don't have to search for it too." Yamaki nodded to two other agents, who grabbed Ryo and and Hopmon, and dragged them outside. The street was now covered up with police cars, into one of which Ryo and Hopmon were roughly thrown.

"This is all wrong," Ryo said. "I knew Yamaki wanted to wipe out all Digimon a long time ago, but he's not like that now. And since when are Tamers a criminal band?"

"I don't know," Hopmon said. "Everything is different since we were here last."

[i]One thing's for sure,[/i] Ryo thought. [i]We've got to get out of this so we can find out what's going on.[/i]

-----

"Where'd they go?" Kenta demanded. "Where are they?"

"Vajramon is inside Parallelmon now," Zilla said. "Ryo and Hopmon were close to the beam, but not in it. I don't know what happened to them."

-----

Millenniumon watched with glee as Parallelmon attacked the Tamers. This was better than he'd imagined. He knew well of Parallelmon and his mastery of dimensional gates. If he could somehow make Parallelmon's appearance work to his advantage, he could be free of his prison today.

Now, how to accomplish it?

Yes, Parallelmon's for real. In case anybody doesn't know who he is, the V-Tamer issue he comes from is translated at [url]http://www.digimonetc.interica-entertainment.com/~digimonetc/vtspecial.shtml[/url]. Unfortunately, everything from page three until the end is in black and white. The translation there calls Parallelmon's attack Absorbent Bang, but Megchan's encyclopedia, back when it was up, said Absorb Bang.

Anybody else think he really, really should have been an ADR?

Oh poor Tamers!!! We just bomb them with invincible villains! Who have we missed? MaloMyo? Maybe ChaosPiedmon leading Chaos Masters? Or maybe MoonM. and ZeedM. should come to help their bro?:rolleyes: This is getting too HUGE...
Well, maybe something can still be done.

Majiramon pulled himself together.
"One thing is for sure: we must get out of here -now! Hop on my back!"

Kazu, HiAndromon, Kenta, Kuzuhamon, Lucemon and Zilla climbed to the long black back.

"Hey, where's Yoshi?" Zilla asked.
"I left him to a cave nearby; we'll fetch him now", the dragon answered, as he lept to the sky, leaving Parallelmon to observe their escape in unnatural calmness.

Suddenly Kuzuhamon gasped in pain.
"Aah! N-no...This can't be...happening again!"
"Uh-oh!" Kenta said frightened. "I-I think she's turning into that vampira again!"
"Shucks! H-hey, Alice, c-can't you hold it a bit longer?"
"I'M TRYING!!! AAARRRGGH!!!" Then a light bursted from her, and she dimished.

Kenta's eyes widened as he noticed he was holding a naked girl.
"Uuuuh!!!"

The Gatomons had watched the events from a bush.
"Dang, they left us behind!" BlackGatomon said.
"Yup, with that freak over there!" white Gatomon replied.
"How the heck can we get away from here!"
"Dunno. Maybe there's a datastream nearby."
"Yeah, let's go!"

Ai/Beelzemon floated in the colorful waves.
[I]When's this gonna stop![/I] Ai complained.
"Argh, neva'! We'll just have to do sumthin' 'bout it!" Beelzemon replied. He/they began to swim forward, because he/they didn't know what was up and what was down.
"Just hang in there, missy!"

Then he/they saw it: a faint light! The surface, maybe?

Ai/Beelzemon swam as fast as he was able, and suddenly...they fell!

When he/they had the courage to look down, he/they saw a flaming pit approaching.

"Gotta fly, gal!" Then Beelzemon widened his raven wings and glided in the dark sky.
[I]Where did the light go?[/I] Ai asked.
"Th'is Digiworld, missy: anything can happen! Like that freaking ArchDaemon below us!!!"
[I]Wha'? Arcademon?[/I]
Beelzemon sighed.

But at the moment, he felt his powers giving up. With purple light, the Beelzemon split into a little girl and a grumpy rookie.

"Way to go, Impy! Whose gonna do the flying now?"
"Whoopsie!"
***********************************'

"Hey, gang, what are you looking at? Come near me!" the Piximon said.
"What? What kind of pervert are you?" Yamaki asked.
"Hey, partner, chill out! Piximon is an old frined o'mine!" Gazimon said. "He'll lead us to his village in his bubble!"
"Oh, in THAT case...NO!"

Suzie's eyes got wet suddenly.
"W-wiza'dmon? NOOOO!"
Antylamon crouched to console her.
"Now, now. Don't cry! Wizardmon was possessed, and Piximon didn't know he was our friend. Hush now, we must get away from here."

"Tally? Is it really you? Answer me!" Riley looked at the stone-figure desperately. But before his eyes, the stone began to melt. Soon, both Tally and the black dragon were back to normal.
"Tally! Are you okay?" Riley asked squeezing her frined.
"Ugh, I...think so..." She released herself from Riley's grip and turned to her partner.
"Devidramon...thank you."
"Don't mention it, Tamer. I was only doing my job."
"Yeah sure! You fly around petrifying people all the day, right?"
"Eh, no...Wait!" The gigantic dragon looked up with his four eyes, and spread his wings.
"Where are you going? Devidramon!"

[I]Now you've done it, Impmon! You got yourself wasted -and your Tamer too! Nice job![/I], Impmon thought dramarically. The fiery pit -along with the horrid ArchDaemon- approached very rapidly.
"Impmoooon...Ouch!" Ai bumped into something black. Impmon fell onto it too.
"Wha'...? Hey, where are ya takin' us, yez overgrown bugga'?"
"No need to thank me, tiny Impmon. Just doing my job."
"Huh?"

Calamaramon stopped when she realized that FlaWizardmon wasn't infront of her anymore.
"What..? Oh, well, now that the minions are gone, I'll get to serious action!" She looked at ArchDaemon floating above te pit.
Mihiramon and Kumbhiramon were fighting hard, but they were no match for the almighty devil.

Riley noticed that her partner was approaching the hot pit.
"No, Calamaramon, NO!" She wasn't excited at all that her partner rushed to face a villain many times more powerful than herself.
"Oh, let her go, Riley. She's a digimon -protecting is kinda in their data!" Tally said.
Riley poundered her friend's words, but somehow they felt...wrong.

[!edited from this point!]
"Hey, Majiramon, what is that?" HiAndromon asked, as they flew onward.

They had visited the cave where Yoshi was resting, but he was too weak for traveling, so Zilla had left behind to take care of his friend. Now Majiramon, Lucemon, Kazu, Kenta, Alice and HiAndromon were seeking the others.

"That seems to be a crack in the ground...and there's a battle! Shall we approach?"

"Umm, perhaps there are other Tamers there...they might need a hand or two", Kenta suggested. He was thrilled to say for the first time what to do. He realized that he had changed during his adventures in Digiworld. Before this, he had always let others decide for him, but now...

"Err, that isn't such a good idea, pal. Let's not go get our butts burned, okay?" Kazu said nervously.
"N-no."
"Excuse me?"
"NO! We must help the others! Besides, we'll never find them if we just keep hiding!" Kenta found him self screaming at his oldest friend. [I]Actually, that felt...kinda good[/I], he thought.

Now they were near enough to see who was battling who. Kazu looked at his digivice.

"That big one above the lava-pit is...ArchDaemon? Wow, he must be someone BIG!"

"He sure is", Lucemon muttered.

"H-hey, there's Antylamon! And Suzie!" Kenta shouted.

"And my brothers Mihiramon and Kumbhiramon!" Majiramon said.

"Wait! Is that...Yamaki over there?" Kazu said astouned.

"Look, Suzie, that's Majiramon, my brother!" Antylamon said, lifting herself up.
"You mean a diwa?" Suzie asked, whiping her tears.
"Yes, a deva. And aren't those Takato's friends, Kazu and Kenta?"
"YAY!" Suzie bursted, with no memory of the sadness she had been possessed by just few seconds ago.

Devidramon landed near the newcomers. A dragon,a young angel, two boys, a naked girl and a tall, black android, he notified.

Ai and Impmon glided from his back, and surprised the others with their coming.

Tally and Riley ran to the devilish dragon.

Yamaki, Gazimon and Piximon approached the others too. [I]Is there a circus in town or something?[/I] Yamaki thought to himself.

Mihiramon, Kumbhiramon and Calamaramon were keeping the villain busy, but still they noticed the sudden gathering of forces.

"Shall we kick some demonic arse?" Majiramon asked, letting his eyes wander in the crowd.
"YEAH!"

The dragon released his catalyst-powers. Kumbhiramon noticed this, and added his stream of power to his brother's.
"DIGIMODIFY! MATRIX EVOLUTION, ACTIVATE!"

"Devidramon digivolves to...GIGADRAMON!"
"Gazimon digivolves to...STARMON!"[remember, he can evolve to almost any champ he likes!]
"Lucemon digivolves to...ANGEMON!"

"Suzie/Antylamon BIOMERGE to...KERPYMON!"

Kenta glanced at Alice, who had wrapped herself to his jacket.
"You shouldn't let the reaper to possess you again...maybe you should skip this battle?" he suggested.
"Very well...I don't think I even have power to do it yet..." she answered, still shaking.
"Don't worry, I'll look out for you!" Kenta said smiling.
"Thank you...Kenta", the blue-eyed girl answered, with a thin smile on her lips.

Impmon fell to the ground in exhaustion. Ai turned to him.
"What is it, Impy?"
"I think we'll have to pass this one, kiddo..."
"It's okay. I hate fighting anyway."
"I know ya do, gal. I know ya do..."

ArchDaemon noticed that he had been outnumbered. His devilish minions had disappeared to their burning lairs, and now he was faced by a tiger, rat, squid-woman, two dragons, two angels from which the other one was a mega, a star, a pixie and an android.

"CURSED BE ALL OF YOU! I WILL RETURN!" with these words, he vanished in a cloud of thick smoke.

[okay, maybe I'll let somebody else to continue from here...]

It surprised Riley when Tally walked up to the enormous grey cyborg dragon without a single shriek or tremble. It surprised everyone else when Gigadramon flopped on his back and rolled around on the ground.
"Gigadramon, what's wrong?" Tally asked in a panic. "Are you sick?"
The Ultimate eyed her with curious patience. "Oh my sovereign, can't a super powerful Digimon scratch an itchy back without everyone making a big deal out of it?"
He tumbled about some more, flailing this way and that, nearly squishing several of the others in the process--and unsuccessfully scratching his itch. He growled darkly in frustration.
"May I?"
Gigadramon turned a yellow eye to his Tamer, grunting. He turned to lay on his side, and carefully watched her, indicating the itch with his tail. The children Tamers watched in stupified awe. Yamaki was noticably bored.
"[i]That's[/i] a Digimon?" he snorted. "More like an overgrown puppy. Scratching an itch...of all the--"
A yellow eye turned on him, shining dangerously.
"--ah, nevermind."
"So who all is here?" Tally asked excitedly. Riley, precise as always, scanned the group, instantly classifying everyone. Before she began, Yamaki placed a hand on her shoulder.
"Don't even think about being a human computer. Just cut to the chase so we can figure out how to get out of here."
[i]You're one to talk,[/i] she grinned to herself. "Human wise, we have Suichon (sp?), Hirokazu, Kenta, Alice, Ai, Tally, myself, and you."
"Why am I last?" Yamaki complained.
Riley ignored him. "Digimon wise, we have quite the crowd. Antylamon, HiAndromon, Impmon, Gigadramon, Calamaramon, Starmon..." Riley took a breath, then continued. "...Angemon, Piximon, Majiramon, Mihiramon, Kumbhiramon."
"Wow."
"Yeah, no kidding."
"Antennamon," Suzie called up to her Digimon, "why can't you be small so I can use you as a pillow again.
[i]You just answered your own question, kid,[/i] Antylamon smiled to herself. "Say, [i]does[/i] anyone feel like de-digivolving?"
Starmon instantly turned back into Gazimon and grinned at everyone. "Ta da!"
The look everyone (especially Yamaki) gave him made him blush under his silvery fur and attempt to digivolve again. Into a Togemon.
"OW!" someone shrieked as a thorn prodded them.
Togemon moved to oblige, and was answered by two more shouts of pain. When Yamaki got poked, he bounced up, eyes flashing as he pulled his shades on and rubbed a...rather sensitive area.
"Now I can't even sit down!" he hollered. Togemon moaned, then shrank to Gazimon again, then, in a spasm of frustration, digivolved again...this time into a Whamon. The large creature flopped about on the dry ground, gasping. "Now what, Yamaki?" he bellowed.
"Oh for crying out loud--!"
"Hang on, I got this..." Whamon shrunk back into Gazimon, then tried once more to please. "Well, how about now?"
"Oh my [i]gosh![/i]"
"What is that [i]stench?![/i]"
"Ew, Antennamon, he wooks wike poopie...gwoss!"
"I agree," the Ultimate nodded, frowning at Yamaki as she moved Suzie away. Everyone else did likewise, Riley being the last to move over. Sukamon cuddled up to Yamaki, grinning (with an awful blast of horrid breath) at him. "Aw well, you n' me'll stick together, right?"
Yamaki's stomach lurched and he scooted away to join the others.
Leaving Sukamon by himself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I DON'T LIKE THIS," Zhuqiaomon said scornfully. "BAIHUMON AND EBONWUMON HAVE FALLEN PREY. AZULONGMON IS IN POTENTIAL DANGER. I AM ALL THAT'S LEFT IN THE MOST PRISTENE GLORY...YET SOMETHING IS WRONG."
Out the corner of his many eyes, something white...rope like...flashed past.
"SHOW THINESELF!"
Nothing responded.
The Phoenix burned with rage; he did not like to look the fool.
"WHERE ART THOU, SCUM?"
A small tentacle, almost like a miniscule white worm, trailed past one of his large talons, and he instantly seized it in his beak.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"A bad move, my hotheaded friend," Millinniummon chuckled darkly to himself. "You sovereigns are practically destroying yourselves [i]for[/i] me."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zhuqiaomon screamed in agony as the tentacle seared him, white hotter than he thought possible. It laced itself about his beak, shutting it tight. More tentacles and cords appeared fast and furious, roping about every part of Zhuqiaomon. The fiery pain intensified with every cord, but the Bird's anger was hotter still.
"HOW DARE THOU!" he managed to say from his closed beak.
Parallelmon arose from the ground, the cords and tentacles all connecting to him. He stared without emotion at the sovereign with his one eye.
"RELEASE ME!"
Parallelmon stared impassively at him.
"NOW!"
No response.
"THAT DOES IT--" but before he could attack, Parallelmon was already countering.
"Absorb Bang."
Zhuqiaomon screeched as his attack was prematurely sucked away, his own fiery body fluttering as if it had been blown on by a big wind. The Bird struggled, but Parallelmon drew the cords and tentacles tighter, draining more energy with every minute.
"YOU CAN'T DO THIS--I AM A SOVEREIGN!"
Parallelmon either didn't hear or didn't care. He continued his relentless drainage. After a while, his eye glowed darkly and pulsed. A sphere of energy collected, and shot at Zhuqiaomon.
"ABSORB BANG!"
The Phoenix had fought to pull away, but, tied up as he was, only managed to divert the attack to hit him in his left chest. Arching back in pain slightly, his grand head waving back and forth, eyes mere slits, Zhuqiaomon didn't notice his body was losing its flame.
Parallelmon felt him weakening, and lashed out two cords with claws to absorb the sovereign all the more quicker (but, being a sovereign, it was still a long job). Zhuqiaomon cursed and screamed in violated shame as he felt himself drop pass Mega level and shrink to an Ultimate. From then on, it was mere child's play for Parallelmon to finish him off.
The Digimon that used to be Zhuqiaomon struggled more, and tried to think of something free himself before he became a part of Parallelmon fully. He continued to shrink, and just as he hit Poromon stage, he thought of something: Parallelmon had to pause a bit before each need absorbtion. If he could just pull away enough to escape before he was totally taken in...but that would be hard. Poromon was small enough to go in one bite.
As expected, Parallelmon paused a moment before continuing his absorbtion. His tentacles and cords were draped a bit loosely around Poromon, accounting to the fact that Zhuqiaomon had shrunk in size, and the cords had not been as fast to keep close. Poromon wiggled a small bit, then bounced around, free of his prison. He wiggled his tiny wings experimentally and chirped in dominatory joy. Bouncing away he turned to stick his tongue out at the idiotic Parallelmon--and tripped over a cord.
It snapped at his energy hungrily, and a Pururumon was left sulking.
Parallelmon snapped his eye open, gathered energy, and shot his attack at the Fresh Digimon.
And suddenly, on the brink of aborbtion, Pururumon saw into Parallelmon's mind--and discovered what his evil plot was. The last thing Pururumon remembered was falling a long distance before landing somewhere.
"Hey, guys, look...a pink penguin?"
"Oooo, wook, it's PINK!"
Unsure of who was surrounding him now, Pururumon took comfort that he was still alive...and passed out.

Loved the last couple of parts, especially Parallelmon vs. Zhuqiaomon. Zhuqiaomon's attitude is always hilarious. He is [i]so[/i] Dr. Chaotica. Say, what are Zhuqiaomon's devolved stages? I was assuming Pururumon/Poromon/Hawkmon/Aquilamon/Garudamon/Zhuqiaomon.

For the next part, remember a few things:

?Alice is still clothing-challenged.
?Ryo's never met Caturamon/Catsuramon/Chatsuramon for himself.
?Yes, Caturamon [i]can[/i] do all that stuff. Remember Motorcycle Madness.
?In the other world, the Devas aren't catalysts.
?In the other world, the Devas didn't necessarily arrive in the same order.
?Though Rika's last name is Nonaka, her mother's is Makino.

=====
Kenta giggled as he watched Gazimon?s antics, glad that he had been out of Togemon?s poking range. He couldn?t bring himself to feel sorry for Yamaki, though. At least Yamaki?s partner was with him. He still had no clue as to the whereabouts of MarineAngemon.

?Just who was that they were fighting?? Kenta asked, trying to take his mind off of his misplaced partner.

?Bad news,? Alice said. ?He?s an artificial Digimon called ArcaDaemon. We?re lucky he chickened out, because there?s no way even all of us could beat him.? As Alice talked, one of her gestures caused Kenta?s jacket to fall from around her. Kenta gulped and looked away immediately... well, [i]almost[/i] immediately. His face was redder than a Bogeymon?s.

?I-I?m... sorry! I didn?t mean to! I mean I?m sorry, I mean I... I... uh...? Kenta practically screamed, all in one breath. The other humans were also looking away and uncharacteristically quiet.

A confused Alice looked around, and then at herself, and finally, it clicked. ?Oh, yeah, I forgot how sensitive humans are about that,? she giggled. ?Kind of silly. But, if it bothers you so much...? Alice closed her eyes, and bits of data flowed out from her body and then wrapped around her, forming the Gothic outfit they had first seen her in. Her hair transformed into the usual pigtails. ?Anyway, ArcaDaemon. Like I said, he?s artificially created. He?s designed to be the ultimate demonic warrior. My father did an analysis on him, and the results are terrifying. At In-Training stage, he is as strong as some of the weaker Megas. The version we met was the Champion stage. But he doesn?t know his own strength. He prefers to let the army do the fighting for him. He?s never fought any seriously powerful foes for any length of time. We must never face him directly. Because if we attack him and lose, and we [i]would[/i] lose, he?d realize how strong he is. And then, he?d waste no time in killing us all, and then anyone else who opposes him, and he?d set about literally turning this world into Hell. The best thing, for us and this world, would be for us to get out of here right now.?

?Just great,? Kazu muttered. ?First Parallelmon, now this creep. Why not just throw all the invincible Digimon at us at once? Why not Apocalymon and Millenniumon and the Dark Masters too while we?re at it? And we still haven?t gone up against VenomMyotismon, MaloMyotismon, or Galfmon!?

?Ol? MarshMaloMyotismon invincible?? Kenta laughed. ?That was the worst episode ever! Just tell him how you want to be a brain surgeon when you grow up, and he?ll go [i]poof![/i]? he said, waving his arms on the word ?poof.?

Everyone looked at Kazu. ?[i]Brain surgeon?[/i]? they said at once.

?Hey, it could happen!? Kazu said.

?I said [i]right now,[/i]? Alice insisted, leading the team away. She grinned at Kenta, who smiled back at her. [i]So innocent, so full of life,[/i] she thought. [i]So delicious... no! I can?t! Come on, Alice, fight it. I have to fight it...[/i]

?Who do you Digimon-loving freaks think you are?? the agent shouted at Ryo and Hopmon as the car sped down the highway, Hypnos bound. There were five black cars in front, and five more behind, and one more on each side.

[i]Are they really this afraid of us?[/i] Ryo thought. What he said was, ?What do people have against Digimon, anyway??

?Believe it or not, some people don?t like giant pigs and horses tearing through town. Those things come through destroying everything, killing people, and you bastards treat them like pets! They shouldn?t stop at just killing the Digimon, they should take care of you ?tamers,? too.?

?If not for the Digimon, D-Reaper would have eaten this world alive! Show some gratitude.?

?D-What?? the agent said. ?Look, kid, I don?t know what you...?

?D-Reaper? You know, Jell-O and Tim Burton creations running wild? That did more damage than Indramon and Vikaralamon could hope to do.?

?I don?t know what you?re talking about, kid. I knew you ?tamers,? were crazy, but... forget it. Just shut up.?

?You don?t...? Ryo began.

?I said SHUT UP!?

[i]This is all wrong,[/i] Ryo thought. [i]He doesn?t remember D-Reaper, Yamaki?s gone Captain Ahab. How?d this place turn into the Twilight Zone? And now, these guys want to kill Hopmon, and there?s not a Deva in sight.[/i]

The drive continued in silence. Hopmon seemed to be trying to sink down into the cushions. He could practically feel the animosity from every human in sight. The sky darkened as if in response to Ryo and Hopmon?s moods.

Wait, the sky [i]was[/i] darker, though there were no clouds and the sun had been directly above when they had arrived. What was...

The sky continued to darken, until the light level was that of dusk. From high noon to dusk in under three minutes. And that was only the beginning. The highway in front of the lead car began to crumble and fall away. The cars screeched to a halt barely in time to avoid falling off. The highway behind them did the same.

?Release them,? commanded a voice. It was loud and deep, with a slight echo, and its tone was of pure malice, as if evil itself were speaking. Even though it demanded their release, Ryo and Hopmon were not comforted by it. The agent looked positively terrified. The drivers of the other cars were looking around frantically. Up front, in the lead car, unseen by Ryo and Hopmon, Yamaki simply looked angry. [i]How dare they?[/i] he wondered.

?RELEASE THEM!? the voice boomed again, dissatisfied with the agents? inaction. In response to his voice, the streets below began to crumble, falling away to sink into the streams of lava below. ?Release them now, or be consigned to the flame. And the rest of this area will follow.?

The agent holding Ryo and Hopmon frantically pushed the button that unlocked the car door. ?Get out!? he screamed. ?Get out!? He knew Yamaki would be displeased, but at this point, he didn?t care. He climbed out of the car, walked around to the back door, and threw Ryo and Hopmon out of the car and onto the ground.

?Thank you,? the voice boomed from behind the agent. He turned to see something that looked like a dog. It was large, but not incredibly so. The dog was lavishly decorated, in a style that he had seen on a few statues. ?Now go,? the dog commanded in the same huge voice, looking forward down the highway. It was now fully intact.

?Huh... wha?? the agent stammered.

?Go!?

Apparently, the other agents heard as well, because the cars scrambled around each other to get away. The agent that had been holding Ryo and Hopmon backed towards the driver?s seat, tripping over and falling into it once he reached it. He sped away, not bothering to close the back door.

?Did they injure you?? the dog asked.

?Who... are you?? Ryo asked.

?My Sovereign, what did they do to you? You truly don?t know who I am??

Ryo held up his digivice. It took a few seconds too long for the data to appear. ?It?s Caturamon, an Ultimate Digimon. His attack?s called Howl of the Heavens. Not much else on him.?

?Those symbols,? Hopmon said. ?They remind me of Majiramon?s and Vajramon?s. Think he?s a Deva??

?Maybe. But the Soverign made them Catalysts, and he doesn?t have the Catalyst symbol.?

?Not you, too, Hopmon,? Caturamon said. ?Did they tamper with your memories somehow? Did... [i]aargh![/i]? Caturamon began to flicker. Ryo and Hopmon looked behind Caturamon to see Yamaki, gun pointed. Some sort of energy was crackling across the three barrels.

Around them, the landscape changed again. The rivers of lava vanished, the sky returned to normal, and the parts of the highway were instantly repaired. Cars appeared zooming back and forth along it. Everything was the picture of normalcy.

?Some kind of illusion,? Yamaki hissed. ?You creatures tampering with our very minds!? He squeezed three bursts from his gun. Instead of bullets, energy spheres connected by lighting sped forth. Ryo and Hopmon instantly recognized them as the Yuggoth weapon that Grani had been equipped with.

Caturamon wasn?t waiting for another assault. ?Howl of the Heavens!? he roared. The Yuggoth blasts were deflected into the air, and Yamaki was sent flying into the trees beside the road. The Yuggoth gun was still clutched in his hand. Caturamon grabbed Ryo and Hopmon in his teeth, and leapt clear to the other side of the highway. Ryo hit the ground hard and rolled, while Hopmon, being smaller, remained clutched in the dog Deva?s teeth and was simply jostled. Now, Yamaki was fumbling with a device from his pocket. He began speaking into it. Ryo and Hopmon couldn?t hear a sound, but Caturamon?s ears were more sensitive. ?He?s calling for help. Telling them of my illusion. We?d better be getting back to the HQ in a hurry. ?

?HQ??

Caturamon shook his head sadly. ?Just follow me.? He said it softly, which, for him, meant [i]almost[/i] sounding less than evil. He trotted into a small neighborhood by the highway.

Not far down the main road, Ryo spotted something that he had, until now, only seen in a certain TV show and card game. A black tower rose into the sky. Ryo and Hopmon put away all thoughts of digivolution.

They had been running no more than five minutes (or rather, Ryo had been running. Hopmon was bouncing, and Caturamon had to run far slower than his normal speed in order to not leave Ryo and Hopmon behind.) when helicopters began circling overhead.

?Aw, nuts,? Ryo said. ?How?d they get here that fast??

?Your military is ready to strike at a moment?s notice wherever Digimon are found,? Caturamon said with a slightly accusatory tone. ?They?re stationed everywhere, and can reach any point in Japan within six of your minutes.?

?Wonderful,? Hopmon said sarcastically.

The sounds of sirens rose in the distance, becoming ever louder. The trio ran down a wide street, as people working in their yards began to run inside and lock the doors. Drivers either sped away or pulled over and tried to hide in the floors of their cars.

Caturamon turned down another street. ?You remember where it is, don?t you??

?Where what is?? Ryo said.

Caturamon sighed. ?Just turn left on the next street... aw, nuts.?

The black cars pulled in in front of them and, as one, the agents climbed out and crouched behind them. ?Fire at will!? one ordered.

?Ma[i]kaaaaaaaaaaaaa![/i]? screeched a voice. The agents held their heads in agony. ?Ma[i]kaaaaaaaa![/i]?

Only one voice could screech like that. Sure enough, Makuramon dropped from the trees and landed atop one of the cars. ?Get a move on!? he shouted at the three.

Caturamon grumbled at Makuramon trying to tell him to what to do, but made no mention of it. ?A couple of blocks away,? Caturamon told Ryo and Hopmon. ?We?ll just cut through a couple of backyards.?

Ryo and Hopmon followed Makuramon and Caturamon, jumping fences. A few guard dogs weren?t too pleased, but backed down when Caturamon growled at them.

?Which way do we go?? Ryo asked.

?You...? Makuramon began, disbelieving.

?They don?t know anything,? Caturamon said. ?I don?t know what Yamaki and company did to them...? Caturamon trailed off as, on the next street, they found themselves blocked in again, from both sides. Makuramon and Caturamon prepared to attack. At the same time, the agents were ready with their Yuggoth pistols. This would be a fight to the death.

?Eagle Eye!? Or not. A Halsemon struck the agents with rings of light that caused them to freeze into place and stare ahead blankly. On his back was the last person Ryo would ever expect to see anywhere near a Digimon.

Rumiko Makino reached down and lifted Ryo onto Halsemon?s back. ?Hold on tight,? she said. ?The choppers are on their way.?

?Go!? Caturmon ordered them. ?We?ll be right behind you! Hurry up, Makuramon.?

?All right, all right,? he said, taking out his pearl. ?Hopmon, over here.?

When Hopmon bounced over, Makuramon willed the pearl to grow and cover them, leaving a thin, white force field. It carried Makuramon, Caturamon, and Hopmon after Halsemon and his passengers.

In the Makino mansion that now served as the Tamers headquarters, Ryo and Hopmon were finally getting what they wanted most: Answers.

?So you don?t remember anything?? Janyuu Wong asked.

?Some things, but they?re different. Hopmon, then Cyberdramon, and I lived in the digital world until we ran into a group of Tamers. We heard about the Devas attacking. They took a Digimon, well, we [i]thought[/i] he was a Digimon, named Calumon...?

After Ryo and Hopmon told the story of their adventures up to the present, Janyuu said, ?Well, I think I know where Parallelmon gets his name from now. His blast must have sent you to the wrong ?real world.? If travel between the real and Digital worlds is possible, then it stands to reason that it can happen between other worlds as well.?

?I had the same idea, but it sounded so ridiculous, like some Twilight Zone episode...? Ryo said.

?Before it happened, our present status would sound impossible. Caturamon tells us he didn?t detect any tampering when he read your minds, so I believe you. Some Digimon have amazing powers. Clockmon can freeze time, Myotismon can use his bats as a gateway, so why not a Digimon that can bridge parallel universes??

?So what happened here?? Hopmon asked.

?A government official named Mitsuo Yamaki happened,? Janyuu said grimly. ?I worked with him for a while on how to stop bio-emergences. He believed Digimon were a threat. Who could blame him after the Deva attacks? But he was obsessed with it. It was all he did, all he thought about. Then, the horse Deva came, Indramon, was it? Someone he worked with, someone named Riley, was on the bridge Indramon crushed. I get the feeling she was more to him than just another agent. After she died, he pretty much declared war on all Digimon. When conventional weapons proved ineffective, he began developing weapons that would attack their data itself. Unfortunately, most other countries agreed with him after word of Indramon and Vikaralamon got around. So now, a Digimon on this side of the gate is pretty much out of luck. Myself and the original programmers of the Digimon started this underground as a way to keep Digimon safe until we can find a way to open the gateway to the Digital World. Then we can send the Digimon home where they need not fear the likes of Yamaki. Since the roundup began, several Digimon and sympathetic humans formed partnerships. At which point, Yamaki developed and bio-emerged the Control Spires, making it impossible to digivolve using digivices or cards. Once the remaining Devas figured out that we were actually trying to help, a few of them came to us to help out. I don?t get the feeling they like humans much, but they know our cause will help the Digimon, so they?re with us.?

?One thing I wonder, though,? Ryo asked. ?What happened to the Ryo Akiyama of this world??

?We have him here. You should have seen his face when he saw himself on the news. He?d like to meet you.?

?Why not? Unless Parallelmon decides to be nice and send me back, I don?t think I?m going anywhere anytime soon.?

"T'is mine, I found it first!"
"No you didn't! Daddy, Mako's teasing me!"
"Shut up, tell-tale! D'you think we could keep this if daddy finds out?"
"Um, I guess not...but it's [I]pink[/I], and you hate pink!"
"So? I wanna play with it too!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Former Zhuqiaomon opened his eyes. His beak felt funny...there was something in it.
"Yich!" A dummy made a nice flight across the room.
"Ai, Ai! Look! It moves!!!"
"EEEK! Throw it from the window!!!"

Pururumon felt him being grabbed, and tossed to a fresh air. He spread his tiny wings, and flew high to watch where he was.
"Outrageous! Simply outr...What in the name of Me?! Is this...the human world?"
He saw skycrapers reaching the clouds, roads blocked with metal vehicles, tiny people walking on pavements, flashing signs...A whole new world.
"This can't be..." Then he remembered the assault of the strange digimon.
"Cursed!!! Oh well, there has to be a way back to avenge that creature...Yes...I sence something...my servants? Here?"
He flew towards the presence of the devas in puzzlement.
He arrived to an impressively big house. From the window he saw two boys discussing. He knew the boys -both of them since they were the same person.
"[I]Two[/I] Ryo Akiyama's...?"

Queen Plesiomon looked at the group of the ReefFolk.
"Your lords have been defeated. The wavemakers now have the whole area under their control. You have no other options but to join us -or be deleted."

Henry leaned to Takato standing next to him.
"Isn't she being a little too hard?"
"Can't really say, Henry. The ReefLords were the enemies..."
"Wait! What makes them the enemies? If we'd "shpwrecked" on their territory, we had probably helped them in this battle..."
"Maybe, but they took Calumon..."
"You can't denie the little guy isn't useful..."
"You know, I'm fed up talking to you! If you don't want to be on Plesiomon's side, you can just get lost if you want to! I think her tribe deserved our help!"
"Fine, I'll just be on my merry way, then!" Henry turned to leave.
"Good! And don't forget to take your plagued digimon with you!"
Henry's hand squeezed into a fist, but he swallowed his anger, and left the place.

"That idiot...Terriermon, we're leaving!"
"W-why? What happened?"
"Takato happened! He's being a total jerk, and I won't tolerate it anymore!"
"Oh, Henry, [I]momentai[/I]! He's your friend..."
"And what a friend he is! Let's go to find MarineAngemon to blow us out of here."
"Okay...but what about him?" Terriermon lifted a tiny fresh-digimon.
"Who is that?"
"Err, this is Okuwamon."
"Oh, geez..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MarineAngemon was dancing with his new-found girlfriend. He called her "Pearl", for she had a pearl-collar instead of the golden one MarineAngemons had.
"Boo bub bub?" Pearl asked shyly.
"Bub boblo buub", he replied.
"Bo bubi blub???" she asked worried.
"Bubblo bi bob, bubi bub", he consoled.
"Boob..." she sighed, and snuggled him. MarineAngemon felt very happy.

"Hey, MarineAngemon! Would you care to give us some help?"
"Heeenry?"
"Umm, me and Terriermon want to get ashore to find the others. Can you help? You can even come with us to seek Kenta."
"Keeenta?"

MarineAngemon had forgotten Kenta! He glanced at the confused Pearl. How can he leave Pearl? Then he had an idea.
"Bubi bob bob booble?"
"BOOOH!" Pearl glided to him happily. She accepted to join him!
"Umm, shall we go then?" Henry asked akwardly.
"Yeees!"

"Don't dare to leave without me!" They turned to face Mikemon."I need to get out of here! My fur is getting all sticky!"
[to sum up, the leavers are: Henry, Terriermon, Okuwamon's fresh form (which is...?), the two MarineAngemons and Mikemon/Azulongmon.
The stayers are: Takato, Guilmon and Sandiramon. Did I forget someone?]

Henry seethed as he floated up with Terriermon and Pabumon in their bubble. MarineAngemon and Pearl were traveling in their own. Mikemon had wanted his own extra large one.

"But Henry," said Terriermon. "maybe Takato is worried, how do you know he is intentionally being mean?"

Henry didn't have an answer straightaway, so he didn't attempt one. Everything that caused him to be like this raced through his mind.

"Besides," continued Terriermon. " The Reeflords [I] were[/I] the ones who caused that shipwrecking wave. You guys had arguments before, but you solved them all."
"Yeah, but before wasn't like now," said Henry, one of his fists were clenched. "Besides, what's he got to worry about,, he's carefree, he's got a 'healthy' digimon...."
"So it's about me." said Terriermon.There was a hint of emotion in his ever happy voice. "You want a 'healthy' digimon too."

Henry felt like hitting himself. He shouldn't have blurted that out.
"Well, yes," he said softly. "But Terriermon, you know I'll like you no matter what." he finished hastily.
Terriermon giggled. "I know, besides, you need me.What if a Gesomon attacked? He certainly won't be able to do much." Terriermon indicated the sleeping Pabumon.

They surfaced into bright light. The bubble disappeared.
Henry and Terriermon waded ashore. Mikemon, much to Henry's annoyance, clung on his jacket, claws boring holes. He refused to touch the water.
"A digimon of my status must keep his fur elegant and perfumed all the time." declared the annoying cat. Henry began to wish he didn't agree to bring Mikemon.
"And just [I]what[/I] is your status?" asked Terriermon.
Mikemon ignored him and began to smooth his fur.

Marineangemon and his friend hovered about Henry.
"Are we gonna look for Kenta now? Which way do we go?"
Henry looked around. There were boulders dotting the sand and farther on there were a few trees.

Before he could arrive at a decision, Mikemon started to walk toward the trees. "Before we continue on, I must rest in some shade. My fur is beginning to dull."
Terriermon rolled his eyes. "If you ask me, we should leave him in a marsh alone." he muttered.
Henry half inclined to agree, but they couldn't leave Mikemon. "What if some digimon attacks, we don't want a dead sovereign."

They followed Mikemon and arrived at the trees. While Terriermon and Pabumon sunned themselves,Henry was glad to rest and have a quiet think.
[I]Why was he like this? Should he have left Takato? Already they were seperated and the others were probably trying to find them. Why create more difficulty by seperating himself? Would Takato try to find him? Would Takato care?[/I]
His thoughts were interrupted by a high shriek. Pearl's?
He gathered the digimon and hurried off, ignoring Terriermon's shouts to slow down or Mikemon's complaints.

Marineangemon and Pearl had wandered off to explore the place. They flew around taking a note of their sightings. More than once they stopped whenever flowers were in view, hence Pearl was studded with petals as well as pearls.

Soon the pair came to a sunny boulder on which they decided to rest. Marineangemon filled Pearl in on Kenta and she admired his stories on the D-Reaper incident.
As she clapped and flipped, she bumped into something. Marineangemon hurriedly went to her aid as she winced. He jumped off the boulder as it started to sink. Pearl shrieked and sank with it.
Marineangemon stared as Henry came running.

"What happened? What is that?" asked Henry, anxiously.
"Quicksand on the beach?" suggested Terriermon.
Marineangemon was hastily explaining what happened. By this time, where the rock had been, there was a black, deep hole.
Everyone looked down to fathom it's deepness, but it seemed to go down forever. Why this occurred, nobody knew.
"Should we go down?" asked Pabumon.
"We have to save Pearl." added Marineangemon
Henry was uncertain. He didn't want to lead everyone to possible doom. Mikemon agreed to not going, but for different reasons. "I am not going down into a filthy hole full of mud."

"We are going." decided Marineangemon. "Pearl's down there." He slapped Mikemon on the head with a flipper and disappeared down the hole.

"Let's go." said Henry and the group jumped in after Marineangemon.
It felt like a rollercoaster, spiralling down the hole. As they flew downward, they could hear Pearl's faint shrieks along with Mikemon's indignant complaining.

Soon, after it felt like eternity, they landed on a pile of dirt among bits of garbage.
Henry saw that it was an underground city, but it was filled with pieces of litter.
"Looks like a mini DigiLandfill." said Terriermon.
Mikemon was still loudly complaining. Marineangemon reunited with his soulmate.

"Why, thank you." came a voice.
The group turned to face a green lizardlike digimon with a horn.
A Geckomon.
Otamamon also appeared along with Numemon.
"We won the 'Most Grossest Town' contest 20 times." said a Numemon.
An Otamamon bopped the Numemon. "Twenty Three times."
"Oh yea."
"So what brings you here......wait, how did you gain entrance?" asked another Geckomon.
Henry tried to smile, but this was very wierd.

"We came through a hole." offered Terriermon.
"And who are they?" asked Otamamon, indicating the others.
Terriemon introduced all except Mikemon, who introduced himself with flourish.

"You're all welcome to the Dump!" said Geckomon
The digimon were curious about the strangers and wanted them to stay. The Geckomon took over.
"You'd better come into the king's audiance chamber then. " he said. "We'll intro......."
Before he could finish, the crowd parted and Nanimon came forward.

"Wha...who are you?" he exclaimed in surprise. He dropped four bottles of soda when he saw Henry.
"They came through a hole, boss." said a Numemon. "We're takin' 'em to da King."
Numemon regained his posture.
"What!they could be dangerous assasins!" he raged. Nanimon was always exaggerated when he drank too much. "They could be out to kill us all!" The General kept on shouting, his words became incoherent.

But, at the end, he completely lost his senses and began to attack.
This was a very quick story. So sorry if it's kinda messed.

Inside Alice's head, a battle was going on.
"I must feed!" said one voice.
"I must fight it!" said the other.
The others stopped as they saw Alice screaming and changing from Alice to Youkomon to Alice again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Milleniummon, from inside his crystal, called the meeting to order.
"You all have disgraced me. Machinedramon, the Mahine Empire failed to catch that new tamer Tally. Metalseadramon, the Reeflords failed miserably in the battle with the Wavemakers. Herculeskabuterimon, the Hive couldn't beat a measly mega, even in their numbers. Boltmon, your army's preformance was horrible, simple as that. Pharoahmon, you lost control of the Mammalian Masters. Ghoulmon, you were overthrown from the position of the leader of the Valley of Death by an ultimate, and a kind one at that. Arcdaemon, don't you realize your power is almost infinite? Puppetmon, the Leaf hasn't yet tryed against the tamers, but you have failed failed me miserably in the past. The only one I'm happy with at the moment is Parallelmon, who isn't even working for me! On the positive side, three sovereign have fallen, and the other is in a form in which he doesn't know who he is. Soon, I may even be freed from this crystal."

"What iz de meaning of diz?" a sudden voice said behind the furious Nanimon.

The soldiers vanished quickly, leaving the general blushing infront of the Advisor Vademon.
"Dzeneral Nanimon, what are you doing?" Vademon demanded.
"Uhh, ohh, ehh, nuthing, o praised Advisor! I bring you some prisoners that have intruded our territory!"

Vademon looked at Henry and the others.
"You ignorant FOOL! Zat is a Tamer!!!" Vademon gave the drunken general a stunning zap from his gun. Then he turned to the visitors.

"You are mozt welcome to de Dump, de gloriouz zity of ZogunGeckomon!" Vademon pronounced.
"Um, thank you, sir", Henry answered and bowed.
"I zall ezcort you to de King'z Dzamber."

The soldiers dragged General Nanimon to his room. He slept solemnly before the door to his room was opened.
"Agh, who is it...I need sleep..."
"You dzust continue zleeping. I'm not bodering you. Zleep, Dzeneral, zleep."
"Okay, mum...But don't wake me too early..."
"I won't...eh, zon."

"Did you find it?"
"Yes, mazter! I have it now!"
"Good. Give it to me. I will take it to the Lord."
"Firzt my reward! I want to be de King!"
"You'll get what you want eventually, servant. But now it's essential that you give me the treasure!"
"No! Not before I'm de King of de Dump! I have hid de treazure to a safe plaze. If you kill me, you and your lord will never have it!"
"FINE! Have it your way! King ShogunGeckomon will die this night."
"Um, could you make it to look like de Tamer did it?"
"Easy. But I want that stone!"
"Tomorrow, mazter. Tomorrow."

How about me?:)

Jeri and Rika slept comfortably that night for the first time since they had returned to the digital world. Despite the fact that there was a storm reaching hurricane potential outside and they were inside a dark castle full of ghost digimon and ruled by LadyDevimon, the girls slept the whole night through.
Day break showed no sign of the storm letting up. LadyDevimon had an unusual breakfast prepared fo her guests. At a huge table sat two large candle-hobras and a huge platter of what looked to be bacon, surrounded by green eggs. There were places set for each of them, complete with charcoal grey plates, and guantlet style glasses. The scent of coffee filled the huge room.
"You drink coffee?" Rika asked, rather astonished.
"Why yes, doesn't everyone?" LadyDevimon replied.
"Um...Right." Rika rolled her eyes.
"Is that really bacon?" Jeri asked, almost drooling.
"Why yes dear, complete with scrambled digi-eggs. Enjoy!"
Calumon instantly dug in. Renamon poked at the eggs, but finally began to eat. As did the Devas and RedSinduramon. Even the little Snowbotamon nibbled at a small bite.
"Is it really good?" Jeri asked Calumon.
"Numyum...yeah! YumNum,"
"Okay..." Jeri reluctantly put one of the eggs into her mouth.
"Hey! It is good!" She began to devour her plate. Rika was the last to try it, but she gave in too.
"Funny, I was never hungry until I saw all this food." Jeri said after breakfast.
"This is the digital world. Anything goes, remember?" Renemon replied.
"I wish this storm would let up so we could find the others." Rika grumbled. Thunder rolled, as if to answer her.
"Others?" LadyDevimon inquired.
"Yeah. There are five other boys, and their digimon." Jeri replied.
"I see. So they're the ones who were in the forest."
"What forest?" Rika sat up in her chair.
"Some of my ghouls spotted another human in the forest of mists a few days ago. I thought nothing of it, seeing as how there's been rumor of a Parallelmon in the area. I thought he's just drug about more of his captives."
"What's a Parallelmon?" Jeri asked. She was holding the SnowBotamon that used to be Baihumon. It shivered.
"A Parallelmon is a digimon of unknown strength and power. It can bridge dimensional gaps and unleash nearly every type of power known to the universe." Pajiramon answered. The other digimon knodded.
"Where did you hear of such a rumor?" Catsuramon demanded.
"Oh honey, its hard not to hear of such things when it's the talk of the entire digital world. I always get the latest gossip, you know." LadyDevimon smiled.
"Great. Now there's an all powerful digimon on the loose. What else could possibly happen?" Rika moaned.
"More than you could imagine..." Milleniummon laughed an evil laugh as he watched the girls through his crystal.
"Soon my plan will unfold, and there will be nothing anyone can do!"

• 1 month later...
Well, first of all, I've really enjoyed doing this story, but I can see I'm ALMOST the only one. People are getting tired of this, i see, but i still want to ask anyone who visits this thread:
SHAll WE GO ON?

I think this should be made clear; I don't want to write here alone! If this thread still gets writers and/or readers, i think we can continue, but there's no use doing this with only a one answer per week, like the situation was before the great shutdown.

Shaun, Mina, Devi, Cera and anybody else who visits here: what do we do?:confused:

Most people don't even know this board's back here. Give it time.

You want another part? Be careful what you wish for. I wrote this when the boards were down. I'll have to post it in three parts, the "new, improved" board has a stricter post length limit. [Grumbles]

=====

?That?s the last time I ever listen to you, Gatomon,? BlackGatomon said. ?Maybe there?s a data stream nearby,? she mimicked her sister.

?Hey, it?s not like you had a better idea,? Gatomon said. ?Besides, as long as we?re not getting sucked up by some one-eyed freakazoid, we can find our way out of anything else.?

?Oh, really. What do we do, fly down from here??

Gatomon and BlackGatomon were atop a small, flying device that looked like a satellite dish. It was barely wide enough for the cats to stand on. They could not see the ground from where they stood. They were so high that the clouds below them blocked their view. But they could see that the farthest cloud was literally miles below them.

?I do have one idea, for when we get out of this. Once we get back to the others, I?m going to let them have it for ditching us. I?ll tear them apart with my bare claws, I swear!?

?Save some for me,? BlackGatomon agreed. ?Payback is my middle name. I say we sneak some Raremon slime into their food. A few hours of puking oughta fix them.?

?Zilla would [i]so[/i] have our heads on a platter if he found out!? Gatomon laughed. ?But we?ve got to get out of here first.?

?Fear not, my dear,? BlackGatomon said with a toothy grin. ?I?ve got an idea.?

?Uh-oh,? Gatomon said.

?O ye of little faith. Watch this. Lightning Paw!? She tapped the inside of the dish, applying her attack and causing the dish to crack and parts to fly out from it. The plates, screws, and wires would not reach the ground for some time.

?Are you insane? They?re going to...? Gatomon started.

?...going to have to come to [i]investigate,[/i]? BlackGatomon said. ?Gadgets like this always send, receive, conduct, or do [i]something[/i] with some kind of signal. Whatever signal stops getting wherever it?s going, and whoever owns it has to come and check it out, or maybe they reel it in. And bingo, we?re back on terra firma before you can meow.?

?Sounds good to me,? Gatomon said. ?I just hope they understand.?

?Relax,? BlackGatomon said with a wave of her hand. ?All we have to do is explain our situation and say we?re [i]reeeally[/i] sorry, and ask kindly if sir or ma?am will take us back to the forest. It?s just that easy.?

?Oh, really,? a voice said. ?I, for one, would [i]love[/i] to hear that explanation about now.?

Slowly, the two cats turned to see what looked like a cross between a fighter jet and a prehistoric bird. Except for the legs and neck, his body was metal. The wings and beak were razor-sharp. Mounted to each wing were six Sidewinder missiles. The organic side was no friendlier, with powerful talons and dagger teeth.

And he wasn?t alone. There were five more with him.

[i]Why do we always get into these fixes?[/i] ?Uh, Mr. Pteramon, sir, we can explain...? BlackGatomon said.

?I suppose you two just fell out of a random data stream or something, right? When will you saboteurs learn? Don?t think just because you don?t look like Machines, you can fool us. What are your orders??

?Really,? Gatomon said, ?It?s not like that. We were fleeing from Parallelmon when...?

?[i]Parallelmon?[/i]? a different Pteramon piped up. ?Colonel, they?re not going to tell us anything.?

?They?ll tell Dr. Velgmon whatever he wants to know,? the lead Pteramon answered. ?Take them, Captain.? To Gatomon and BlackGatomon, he said ?Velgmon?s interrogation procedures will put an end to your fairytales.?

?It?s the truth! Do we look like saboteurs? And how do you think we got up here? We jumped into a data stream to get away from Parallelmon, and wound up here. We?d get down on our own, but that first step looks pretty nasty,? BlackGatomon said with a hint of sarcasm. ?So we broke the dish in hopes someone would come to investigate, then we?d hitch a ride.?

Colonel Pteramon waved dismissively with a talon and took off. Captain Pteramon took Gatomon in his left talon and BlackGatomon in his right, holding them so that they couldn?t Lightning Paw his talons. He and the others began to follow the colonel.

?Look, I was the one that broke the dish,? BlackGatomon said. ?She didn?t do anything. Leave her alone.?

?Just shut up, okay... aw, [i]nuts![/i] You two?ll pay for this.?

The cats wondered what Colonel Pteramon was talking about, until a red beam of energy streaked past. Colonel Pteramon dodged, the beam singing one wing.

?Sidewinder!? the captain holding the two cat Digimon shouted. Two of the missiles under his wings were launched, flying towards the source of the red beam. The first was intercepted by another beam. The second struck a Mekanorimon, blowing off one arm and setting the side on fire. Red specks of data sprayed out of the damaged arm.

?Unit. Damaged.? it said. Several more Mekanorimon were already arriving, and they began to engage the Pteramon in battle.

?What?s going on?? Captain Pteramon demanded of his captives. ?What is this about??

?Look, we don?t know!? Gatomon said. ?We didn?t mean to...?

?Tell me or I?ll drop you right now!?

?No!? Colonel Pteramon ordered. ?We must...? he dodged a Mekanorimon beam, ?...know what they know, what their plan is. For now, we deal with these guys.?

?Yes, sir,? the captain said. He clutched the two cats tighter as he banked to the right to finish off the damaged Mekanorimon with another missile, and pulled up to avoid the beam from another beneath him.

?Whoah!? Gatomon and BlackGatomon shouted as the beam narrowly missed them. Then they were turned upside-down as Captain Pteramon angled downward to dispatch the Mekanorimon with two Sidewinders.

The air was now a battlefield, with dogfighting Pteramon and Mekanorimon filling the air with weapons fire. The Pteramon seemed to have an unending supply of missiles, though at any given time there were never more than three on each wing. Though Mekanorimon didn?t look very aerodynamic, they were as agile in the air as the Pteramon.

One of the Mekanorimon used its long arm to grab a Pteramon by the talons and swing him in front of itself, and then blasted a hole clear through it with Twin Beam. The Pteramon dissolved and the Mekanorimon downloaded the data. Less than a second later, a missile blew it apart, and the Pteramon that had fired downloaded it. Colonel Pteramon launched a volley of missiles at three oncoming Mekanorimon. One dodged, to be engaged by another Pteramon, another was destroyed, and the third had its legs blown off, and was sent spiraling out of control, eventually pinwheeling into the path of a Pteramon, which couldn?t move fast enough to avoid it. They collided, destroying both Digimon. Now, three Pteramon and five Mekanorimon remained.

?We need reinforcements [i]now![/i]? Colonel Pteramon shouted. ?Aargh!? he shouted as the tip of one wing was blown away by an energy beam. He struggled to right himself and spiralled around to take a shot at the Mekanorimon who had fired. The missile narrowly missed it, but a narrow miss is still a miss. The Mekanorimon fired again, the next shot striking Colonel Pteramon in the neck, which was not covered in armor. Colonel Pteramon slowly evaporated into data, the deletion starting with the neck and damaged wing, and working its way inward. And then, he was gone.

?[i]Damn[/i] you!? Captain Pteramon shouted at Gatomon and BlackGatomon, figuring that they had played a role in the Mekanorimons? arrival. He launched four missiles at the Mekanorimon that had killed Colonel Pteramon. The machine Digimon deftly twisted out of their way and fired a beam that blazed right between Captain Pteramon?s talons, narrowly missing Gatomon and BlackGatomon, who yelped in unison. The Pteramon launched two more missiles, and yet, he [i]still[/i] had six missiles attached to his wings.

?Just how many of those do you have?? Gatomon said. The captain, of course, didn?t deign to reply.

?Just what do you think this is about?? BlackGatomon shouted across to Gatomon.

?Probably yet another territorial dispute,? her sister muttered. ?The net?s lousy with them. We?ve got to figure a way to get away from these guys without winding up splattered on the pavement... or whatever?s way down there.?

?No, [i]really?[/i]? BlackGatomon said. ?I [i]never[/i] would have thought of that.?

?Hey, it?s not like you?ve got any brilliant ideas...?

[i]?Would you two knock it off??[/i] Pteramon roared.

?Sorry... hey!? the twins said as they realized who they were apologizing to.

The other Pteramon was now taking the brunt of the Mekanorimons? assualt and Captain Pteramon struggled to help his companion. He managed to take one by surprise and bring it down, but that simply got the others on his tail. ?Where are those reinforcements?? he shouted at no one in particular.

From beneath, a feather-shaped dart flew into view, twisting and whirling as it sped toward a Mekanorimon and struck it, blasting it and the three nearest it out of the sky. The Karatenmon who had fired it rose from the clouds.

?Just one of you?? the second Pteramon asked.

The goblin crow spoke in an irritating, high-pitched squawking voice. ?The others are right behind me. Not that I [i]couldn?t[/i] handle them myself, but...? Karatenmon gestured, and sure enough, several Halsemon and a few more Pteramon could be seen rising to the battle.

The sound of engines rose in the distance, and Captain Pteramon, and therefore his unwilling passengers, turned. ?A good thing,? he said, ?because the Mekanorimon have a big family...?

Karatenmon and the other Pteramon turned to see several more Mekanorimon, followed by a Gigadramon. ?The tin lizzy?s mine,? Karatenmon said. ?The rest of you, don?t let the Mekanorimon get through, at any cost!? The squadron of bird Digimon flew to battle against the Metal Empire?s forces.

As the two squadrons clashed, the two virus Ultimates put on what would have been a spectacular performance, had anyone been watching.

?Crow Swords!? Karatenmon drew his swords and crossed them, sending a bolt of black lightning into Gigadramon?s back. The metal dragon howled with pain and fury.

?Gigabyte Wing!? The missiles from Gigadramon?s hands sought out Karatenmon, forcing him to fly for his life. He ducked behind and under Gigadramon, hoping for the missiles to accidentally strike their owner. They didn?t. Seeing that they weren?t, Karatenmon surged forward to get out of his foe?s reach. Gigadramon launched more missiles, but Karatenmon sped between his arms, narrowly missing the deadly artillery. Those missiles eventually turned to join the others in seeking out Karatenmon.

?Ballistic Feather!? Feathers fell from Karatenmon?s wings and ignited, flying in erratic, corkscrewing paths. Most of them were able to take out a missile apiece. The explosions ignited the other feathers and missiles, causing a larger explosion that turned the middle of the battlefield into a miniature sun. When the smoke cleared, Gigadramon was not behind it. ?What??

Suddenly, from behind, the Gigadramon?s tail struck him like the crack of a whip, nearly shattering every bone in his body. ?Waugh!? he shouted. ?Oh, yeah, you?re gonna hurt for that one.?

?Whooooah!? two small voices cried as the captain Pteramon carrying the twin cats pulled half of a loop-the-loop, winding up upside-down above Gigadramon, and flipped over. Gigadramon turned his head. Pteramon neatly dropped missiles one by one on top of Gigadramon, laying the sixth straight into Gigadramon?s face. Karatenmon followed up with another Crow Swords. Gigadramon hissed and spun around so that the two bird Digimon were in front of him. They fired at the same instant he did.

?Gigabyte Wing!?

?Ballistic Feather!?

?Sidewinder!?

Explosives filled the air, turning the area into an inferno. The force of the Ultimate attacks exploding so close threw Captain Pteramon into the path of a Mekanorimon.

?I?ve got it!? Gatomon said. ?Cat?s Eye Hypnotism!? Her eyes glowed, and she stared straight at the Mekanorimon?s cockpit. ?Get ready to do the same thing to that one down there,? she told BlackGatomon, pointing at a different Mekanorimon which was speeding after a Halsemon.

?This had better...?

?Trust me!?

BlackGatomon sensed that this wasn?t the time to argue. She waited to see what her sister would do. [i]Usually I?m the one coming up with the harebrained schemes.[/i] The Mekanorimon sped towards them, on a collision course. Captain Pteramon wasn?t ready for the Mekanorimon?s suicide run. Gatomon released the Mekanorimon in time for it to [i]almost[/i] miss Pteramon. Its arm hammered the Pteramon in the chest, causing him to release the cats. BlackGatomon had realized Gatomon?s plan, and was waiting for this. ?Cat?s Eye Hypnotism!? she said, focusing it on the Mekanorimon below. The pilot went into a trance, and kept his course, flying straight... and directly under Gatomon and BlackGatomon.

The cats quickly pulled the cockpit open and dropped in on either side of the Kokuwamon piloting it. ?Hey, Micro Machine, get away from the stick!? Gatomon ordered.

?State. Your. Authorization,? the Kokuwamon droned, its various cords moving around on the console in front of it.

?Cat?s Eye Hypnotism!? Gatomon and BlackGatomon said together, fixing their hypnotic vision on the Kokuwamon before it could do anything like trigger the ejection seat.

?Command. Not. Recognized,? Kokuwamon said. ?Sure. Why. Not. What. The. Heck.? The Kokuwamon shut down, leaving Gatomon and BlackGatomon alone with the Mekanorimon?s controls.

?Do we rule, or what?? Gatomon said, as she and BlackGatomon traded a high-five. ?Time to amscray before the bird-brains and the bolt-buckets come after us.?

?You know how to drive one of these??

?Uh... not really.?

?Oh, boy.?

A beeping sound rang out from a console.

?What?s that?? Gatomon and BlackGatomon said together. They answered each other with ?How?m I supposed to know??

The Mekanorimon began to change directions under its own power. The cats tried to figure out how to make the controls respond, but nothing that they dared to touch changed the semisentient vehicle?s movements. The Mekanorimon carried them back in the direction that it had come from, slipping into stealth mode so it could not be followed. It took its passengers through the clouds, and over barren, dry land. Gatomon and BlackGatomon took turns re-hypnotizing the Kokuwamon whenever it began to stir. After more than an hour, the Mekanorimon arrived at its destination.

?Hey, it feels like we?re slowing down,? BlackGatomon said. The cats looked out of the cockpit to see that they were above a large city, with machine Digimon of every description going about their business in an orderly, logical, efficient manner.

?Ugh,? Gatomon said. ?I don?t think I?ve ever seen this many ninety-degree angles in one place. Machine Digimon have no imagination at all.?

?I?m more concerned with what the Metal Empire will do to beast Digimon in their territory. Especially two who?ve stolen one of their vehicles and KOed its pilot. If you?ve got any bright ideas...?

?Hey, it?s your turn. Besides, our bright ideas got us stuck a zillion miles in the air, then captured, and now this. Maybe we should just tell the machines what happened. They?ll realize that it?s at least possible, maybe do some scans to determine we?re telling the truth, or...?

?...or blast us and load our data,? BlackGatomon said, her arms folded. ?Uses a lot less resources than your option. They?re machines, they?ll do what?s most efficient. You know how the digital world is these days. We?re just one more break in the routine, to be dealt with in as little time and with as little further deviation from the routine as possible.?

?Very optimistic.?

?Do you suggest we wait and find out??

?Do we have a choice? Even if we pry the cockpit open, because you [i]know[/i] it won?t open if we just push the button, it?s still a long way down.?

The Mekanorimon eventually flew into an aperture three-fourths of the way up a building that would be a skyscraper by human standards, and was immense beyond size itself from the point of view of the two small cat Digimon. It flew inside, over a runway of sorts built into the structure. Once it was low enough for the cats to survive the fall unhurt, they Lightning Pawed their way out of the Mekanorimon and jumped to the floor. The Mekanorimon ignored them, landing on its feet and stomping its way over to a Mekanorimon-shaped alcove in a wall. There it settled, wires linking up with it to refuel its power supply. The cockpit opened, and a steel claw came from the ceiling, taking the Kokuwamon out of it and depositing it on the floor.

The twin cat Digimon looked at each other and came to an understanding without saying a word. They began to run, to try to find a way to the ground so they could put this place, and the entire day?s events, behind them once and for all.

They had gone no more than six yards when they ran into an Andromon... literally. ?You will come,? he said simply.

?Wha...? Gatomon stammered, shaking her head to clear it.

?Do not resist,? Andromon said. ?You will come.?

?Cat?s Eye Hypnotism!? BlackGatomon shouted.

?This unit?s programming cannot be affected in that manner,? Andromon said. ?You will come.? With that, he reached down and seized the two cats. His grip was not painful, but it was inescapable. He was using the least force necessary to hold them, as was most efficient.

?Out of the frying pan...? Gatomon muttered.

?Into the fire,? BlackGatomon sighed. ?What else is going to happen to us today??

?No frying pan or fire is used in this facility,? Andromon said. ?You arrived in Mekanorimon unit 283. Your destination is Cell 7. Your future beyond that is unavailable.?

?You... answer our questions?? Gatomon said.

?This unit will share information that it is not necessary to withhold,? Andromon answered.

?Will you let us go??

?No.?

?That sucks,? BlackGatomon said.

?Your statement is in error. No objects in the vicinity operate by suction.?

?Shut up.?

?You do not have command access. Additional: no part of this unit has been opened.?

And so it continued as Andromon took them down an elevator hidden in the floor. It was not intended to be hidden; the machines, of course, all knew where it was, and there was no reason to make it appearent to the organic eye. Down they went, through several levels of the building, and when the elevator stopped, Andromon took them to one of several cells. On the floor lay a young human boy with short, uncombed brown hair. The boy sat up to look at Andromon and the cats. His eyes were red, as if he had been crying. When Andromon was close, the bars on the cell slid away. He placed the cats inside, and the bars closed once more.