OtakuBoards

Who else here feels like they could fly (I'm not high, I'm talking about Love)

Kaioshin

Guest Raven131
~Cherish love when you find it, for without love you are nothing~

Who cares what everybody else says about you being mushy. It's not their relationship, it's yours. Your's and Her's. It doesn't matter what they think. And I bet they don't have dates because most girls don't like the big macho man, tough gu. Most girls like the sensitive type. I know I do. As for my luck in love? Not much. Any guy I've ever liked has either moved away or mysteriously dissapeared without a trace (don't laugh it's true o_O) lol. But I'm not interseted in love right now anyway.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color=indigo]Ugh, this topic makes me sick. You people throw the word love around so carelessly when it is such a fragile thing. If you are just in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, you don't love her, you just like her. Regardless of what you may think. People who say they love each other (and [b][i]mean[/i][/b] it) are often on the verge of marriage, if not already married. So if you are just in a relationship where you are just boyfriend and girlfriend, don't even go telling each other you love each other, because that love (like wrist cutter so bluntly said) is ****. If you dry it out you could feritlize the lawn with it. I have a girlfriend (in real life) and we always tell each other that we [i]like[/i] each other, but never once will you here us say love. You can be totally head over heel over someone, but still not love them.

Kids these days...[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]You can be totally head over heel over someone, but still not love them.

[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I partially agree with this statement (though I do agree with the rest of your post), but I think you [i]can[/i] love someone if you care about them enough, but you probably aren't [i]in[/i] love with them.

That's what I think the huge difference is :)[/color]

Guest Imsirion
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Ugh, this topic makes me sick. You people throw the word love around so carelessly when it is such a fragile thing. If you are just in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, you don't love her, you just like her. Regardless of what you may think. People who say they love each other (and [b][i]mean[/i][/b] it) are often on the verge of marriage, if not already married. So if you are just in a relationship where you are just boyfriend and girlfriend, don't even go telling each other you love each other, because that love (like wrist cutter so bluntly said) is ****. If you dry it out you could feritlize the lawn with it. I have a girlfriend (in real life) and we always tell each other that we [i]like[/i] each other, but never once will you here us say love. You can be totally head over heel over someone, but still not love them.

Kids these days...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I totally agree with that. Anyways, I'm currently avoiding the female gender and want nothing to do with them ( no, I'm not gay) I like girls of course, just not the ones I know (does this make sense?) Well, this is the 4th time I've felt like this and it usually lasts around a month. I walked around school and saw "realationships" build and break and how girls act , and now I see them only as over-emotional drama queens who flirt and frolic and get there hearts smashed and then have crappy attitudes twoards people and act totally immature.

No offense to the ladies, sometimes I think I see the world alot diffrently than others.

I disagrea with PiroMunkie. But not completly.

You can love someone and not be on the verge of marriage. You can be in a boyfreind and girlfreind state and be in love. I know this for a fact. True, alot of people throw the word around like its a cheap wh....bad example. Alot fo people use the word too freely. But this is not everybody. A teenage couple can be in love though. And I am not directing this at you Piro, but I hate it when people try and say anything a middle or high school student feels is not real love. Or when people tell someone else they are just lusting. Yes, this can be true sometimes. But its just thrown around as bad as the word love is. I was told in a previous topic that I was not in love I was just lusting. Thats jacked up bull-****. No one has ability nor the right to tell another person exactly how they feel.

Love is one of those things that no one can tell you when your in love, you just know it in your heart.

I always say this. Picture yourself 20 years from now waking up in the morning. Who do you see laying in the bed next to you? And ask yourself can you see anyone else besides that person laying there. If you cant, thats a good indication that your in love.

But as with many things in life, thats not fool proof. Just folllow your heart and don't let other people try and tell you what your feeling. If you do that you could mess things up bad.

One last thing. Dont fear love. I know alot of people who say love is sh*t, and dont want to be in a relationship. Youll never get anywhere like that. Yes your gonna get hurt, but do not be weak, be strong and go out and find someone. Dont let the bad side of love defeat you.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Amphion [/i]
[B]One last thing. Dont fear love. I know alot of people who say love is sh*t, and dont want to be in a relationship. Youll never get anywhere like that. Yes your gonna get hurt, but do not be weak, be strong and go out and find someone. Dont let the bad side of love defeat you. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I'll admit that I find your advice extremely encouraging. It's just really hard when you've been hurt time after time after time.

I am speaking from experience, and as much as I hate dwelling in the past and letting it affect the future, relationships are something that I still have a really hard time with. I have 'trust issues' (which is something I don't have with friendships) when it comes to dealing with a guy I'm dating, and I always end up finding out ****** stuff about that guy later on down the road...ugh...

...I'll stop myself before I sound too much like the people I can't stand, "Look at me! Pity me, I have problems! Wheee!" :drunk:

My mood just severely plummeted...bah [/color]:worried:

*sighs* But a teenager often lacks the foresight to able to REALISTICALLY see who they'd be waking up in bed with 20 years down the road. Piromunkie is talking about the [i]real[/i] thing, real love........ Love that would compell to people to embark on living together the rest of their lives in a bind, without intention of ever breaking it. And think what you will, but actually living with someone is HARD. You [i]really REALLY[/i] have to love someone to be able to hold out. And you need to understand, love isn't just.... *plop* love, plain and simple on your plate. It's comprised of compassion, longevity, sympathy, PATIENCE, sacrifice, humility, trust, totally and completely unconditional. A lot of these qualities take TIME to develope. Kids haven't really lived long enough for this to happen in the capacity that's necessary.

-EDiT-

BG, I can totally empathize with you.... *hug*. Somehow we'll make it! I mean there's lots of fish in the sea, right? :whoops: Heh........ anyway, I know how you feel. :)

[COLOR=green]
Well, Im not going to stand here and try to tell anyone that love doesnt hurt. That would be a whole bunch of BS. I just dont want anyone to be afraid of it. Cause once you find it, it so great...you will say to yourself that all that pain was worth it. It will help alot in your life too, with other problems you may have. I know when I am having one of those days, just a phone call makes me feel better. Just hearing her voice makes all my troubles disappear.
Just dont be afraid to give it a shot. If love pulls a Godfather on you and guns you down at the toll booth, pull your self up off the ground, and go for it again. Im telling you, its worth it.

-EDIT-

I AM TALKING ABOUT THE REAL THING TOO. There it goes again, people trying to tell others how they feel and how its not real love. I dont mean to offend you Anna, but your wrong. I know exaclty what love involves. I know you cant just say I love you and have everyhting work out great. Love comes first, then you work on marriage. Its not all together at once. I know I am not ready for marriage. But just cause im not is not gonna change the way I feel. Me and my parents talk about this alot, they know how I feel. I have learned alot from them too. I dont plan on rushing into a marriage or anything. And yes I can realisticly see myself in 20 years waking up with her and no one else. You want just give your life for somweone you dont really love. Im not saying your all wrong just that not everyone is alike.
[/COLOR]

Heh.............. if your hand gets caught in a blender everybody, don't worry about it. Just ram your hand down it again!

I'm j/k. But come on, basically you're asking all those who have been hurt before to go and get hurt again. YES I know that eventually it's all worth it. MY point however, is that it isn't necessary to start a quest right now when you're young. For Pete's sake, have fun, date around. Get to know a whole bunch of different people so when it actually comes time for "looking", you can know what to look for, 'cause you know what you like. It's much less stressful and you build more friendships/relationships that way.

[color=sea-green]Yes anna, you make a good point. Im just saying dont be afraid to make a comitment to someone if you really feel you want to. If thats the only person you want to be with, be with them. And im not saying for everyone to go out and get hurt again. Like I said, thats part of the game. Everyone has gotten hurt before. some people more then others. You just cant let that scare you away from comitment...[/color]

*Shock* I can't belive I'm actually writing this...

I'm 16 years old, and getting darn frustrated.

I've had...well, I guess the term is a crush...on a girl from school for the past two years. I wasn't sure the first year...I thought maybe I'd make a Valentine's day card or something...but I couldn't do it. My courage failed. Not only did I not even put my NAME of the darn card, I couldn't get the courage to give it to her, even indirectly.

I put it off. Hey, if it was a crush, as I suspected, then it's not important. It will pass...right?

This year, we met again, and by the gods, [i]it hadn't went away![/i] I...still...was happy to be near her. I smiled when she did...even when I had nothing to do with it...I cheered when her team won(even when I was the enemy) and was happy to watch her be happy. [i]I couldn't believe it![/i]

But...still...nothing really happened. We shared gym class this year, so I had oppurtunities to talk to her. But all I got through were a few compliments, a few funny times when we all could laugh at my clumsines and a few jokes...but that's all.

I still don't know what to do...I'm hoping above hoping that I will have the courage next year to give her a Valentive's Day card, or a gift, or something! I'm tired of watching from the shadows, and there's only two years left. [i]I am running out of time.[/i]

What am I going to do....

Well Amphion, you make a good point there, too. I myself am afraid of committment (heh........ [i]very[/i] afraid ^_^), but I've definately gotten over a lot and would 'commit' if there was someone I was willing to commit with. But not for love, but for....... I guess as Piro would say, 'strong like'. :D I'm saving love, only gonna do it once. Real love is very complex, and I don't need to worry about that when I'm just a flirting/fun loving 17-year-old. Talk about tying someone down! lol..... ^_^;

Hence half my reluctance. I'm ONLY 16 years old, and god knows I have a limited experience with girls. Is she really special, or is it really a crush brought on by being a teenager? I cannot rush into this, because I either don't know what's right, or am not sure that I think know what's right.

By the way, if this is the wrong place for this, I'll find someplace else to speak my woes.

Mmmmkay..... Alex: I think maybe you're giving this 'crush' a little more credit than it deserves. She's just a girl, and don't get me wrong I'm sure she's a nice individual, but don't chalk it up so much. If this thing's been bothering you this badly, just go talk to her! Suck it up, bucky! ^_^ j/k, but seriously, she [i]is[/i] human, and I'm presuming she [i]does[/i] speak English. SO there ya go, talk to her. Just go and do it, and don't act like it's a big deal. Even if your world is currently revolving around her, act like it isn't, and you're just feeling like being friendly. Be cool-headed about this my friend, or you'll never get anywhere.

[COLOR=seagreen]You know what I am gonna tell you alex...Go for it. I just think you should cause I have heard of too many times when to people really liked each other but never said anything, then they end up moving away. YOu never know what could turn out for those people.

I cant help you with being nervous though. Even what I feel now, it scares me to death, yet I love the feeling.

Yeah I understand completly what your saying Anna. Theres nothing wrong with it either. Its just that, when you find it, you will want it and nothing else.

[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Alexander [/i]
[B]Hence half my reluctance. I'm ONLY 16 years old, and god knows I have a limited experience with girls. Is she really special, or is it really a crush brought on by being a teenager? I cannot rush into this, because I either don't know what's right, or am not sure that I think know what's right. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I think age matters now that you mention it, but then I look back and realize that my first relationship started out when I was merely 15. Hell, it was a really horrible relationship since he was two years older, a jerk, and hornier than all heck. And I was an inexperienced 15 year old girl. Ugh...the memories o_O

But er, I meant to post about your situation and got sidetracked. This year I got a Valentine's Day rose and some chocolate from a fellow who had had a crush on me for two years, and I thought it was a really sweet gesture. Even though I didn't "like" the guy, I'll always remember how nice it was :)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

[color=deeppink]I think age matters now that you mention it, but then I look back and realize that my first relationship started out when I was merely 15. Hell, it was a really horrible relationship since he was two years older, a jerk, and hornier than all heck. And I was an inexperienced 15 year old girl. Ugh...the memories o_O
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=seagreen]
Ugh!...Guys like that disgust me. All you ladies need to give them a nice swift kick in the..well you know. It is so sick that thats all alot of people care about these days. Im sorry BG that you got mixed up with one of those rotten jerks.

Thats very sweet of you the way you handled that situation. I know alot of girls would make a big scene if it was someone they didnt like. I had a close freind that got hurt really bad over something like that. It was a preppy girl too. She thoguht my freind was ugly and thought that by him giving her some flowers in public that her little reputation would be hurt. So she goes and makes a big scene and starts dogging him out. The guy was 16 and really realy liked her, he was pretty much crying there in front of everyone before he ran off.I ran offafter him, I did not know what he was gonna do. If she was a male I would have nocked her right on her ***.

People like that disgust me.

[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Alexander [/i]
[B]What am I going to do.... [/B][/QUOTE]

Well if it were me, I'd crank up some thrash metal and do so real fast.

Basically I think you should just forget about this dame, because in the end I guarantee you'll realize you were mainly attracted to her because she's a fox. Beneath all that happiness for all her wellbeing, you know you just want some T&A.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Amphion [/i]
[B]
[color=seagreen]
Ugh!...Guys like that disgust me. All you ladies need to give them a nice swift kick in the..well you know. It is so sick that thats all alot of people care about these days. Im sorry BG that you got mixed up with one of those rotten jerks. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]The ironic part is that now, more than two years later, I'm the horny one and I tend to be a little mischievous when it comes to those sorts of things. Eh...not that I should be sharing that information...but I think it's important for guys know that girls [i]can[/i] be as horny as they can...

...and it's perfectly normal.

[i]Randomly...[/i] ::cries:: Can't [i]anyone[/i] see my banner?[/color]

nanna was in love *tear* but then that heartless bastard ripped out my heart and *does a violent gesture* :bawl: i was in love.

this guy, brad, we were going out for.. 7 weeks and he broke up with me because i was acting differently. now comeone, how STUPID is that?! and then 2 days later he goes out with some fat slut. and he said "it was all of the suddon!" i'm like, how in the hell can it be all of the suddon when you asked her out?! and his new gf found out that i called her a slut and now she wants to kill me :flaming: oh well.. i hate her anyways..

but on a lighter note. my friend james and i (no james not you) have a blossoming relationship going on :love: so.. its all good..

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]
Roughly 95% of men surveyed masturbate, though. Might wanna think about that for awhile. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Hell yea! :D

Ahem...sorry about that. :drunk:

A lot of this serious talk is so strange to see -- most of you are 15-17 years old...and really, it's [i]very[/i] rare that you will find some person that you become completely committed to at this age.

I'm in a weird situation, I think. I've been with the same person for nearly three years now...and I know that this is the person I'm going to spend my life with. I felt that way a year ago...and I feel that way even more now.

You definitely know that you are experiencing true love (in my opinion), when you've been with someone for a while. If you love them more and more as the weeks go by...then you're in love. But if you get more bored of them after a few months, compared to when you first met...then it's definitely not a long term relationship.

And I think a lot of people kind of forget that.

In any case, it's all pretty irrelevant now. Most of you here will date several people before you find the person you end up marrying (or being with for a long time).

A friend of mine has been with this girlfriend for [i]five years[/i], which is really unusual, given his age. They were together all through high school...and now they are still together and just as in love as before. I think they will definitely end up marrying.

Some people, on a rare occasion, just get lucky in that sense.

But it's not always a good thing.

Sometimes it's better to gain some relationship experience...to get to know yourself a little more and to be able to understand your feelings a little better. That is why dating a few people over a period of a few years is a good option for most people -- not just because they won't always find "the one" right away, but also because it gives them more understanding of their emotions and other relationship issues.

It gives you important experience for the future, so it's certainly not a bad thing if you don't find your true love before the age of 20. ;)[/color]