OtakuBoards

Who else here feels like they could fly (I'm not high, I'm talking about Love)

Kaioshin

I can't stand the thought of 'love' right now, the real OR the lust version of it. maybe it's just cuzuv my lack of sleep for the night. wish it was, anyway. eh, it's all for the best I guess. and I'm just going on and on about nothing, considering I haven't really said anything worth hearing. heh, oh well. just thought I'd put my 2 cents in *facefault*

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[font=gothic][color=crimson]Love is good. I can live with love. Ravenstorture and I are in love, and have been almost since meeting each other. It just took us a while to admit it. I don't really think age is a consideration, if you have the right person. I was thirteen when we first admitted our feelings to each other, and it's only getting stronger. What do you think of that eh James...

You always know if you find the right one. Not some meaningless attraction that you can't seem to shake, or having fantasies about people when you should be thinking clearly, I mean a deep-seated sense of rightness. You feel it to your core. You just know. EVerything fits into place like a puzzle that has suddenly revealed its solution. An abiding sense of peace, happiness, belonging. It's as if you've known this person all your life, been arcing towards them on a slow trajectory, waiting for the right moment before your life is suddenly twisted in a new direction where all else is secondary. Love is amazing, something everyone should experience, something everyone instinctively recognises. It strikes a familar chord in our souls.[/font][/color]

[color=darkgreen][font=gothic]Well, I am fifteen years old and nine months ago I did not believe in love. I honestly was entirely convinces that is was a load of bullsh*t and everyone was severely illutioned.

Then I fell in love.

Well, some one I was amazed by fell in love with me, and somehow we broke through eachothers barriers and he told me he was in love with me, and I said, "My god, I am feeling something for you too.... but I don't know if it's love or not because I don't believe in that..." And I think that he never did either, and then I started going out with him and it's nearly been a year now... I know this will get a few comments, but I KNOW that I cannot live without him, I KNOW IT. If he could not be with me any more, I would kill myself. He tells me it't the same with him. Romeo and Juliet all over again. But we aren't that stupid... I am completely convinced that I will live in his arms and die in his arms, and yes, I know that a minute ago I was also completely convinced that love doesnt exist but I believe anything is possible... perhaps this isn't love. But whatever it is, words cannot describe. He is the most incredibly beautiful person I have ever seen in my entire life, I am so facinated and amazed by him that even though I see him all the time his face and mannerisms and speech still take my breath away. And ask anyone who knows me - I am NOT the kind of person who is easily swept off my feet. In fact, I am probably the person least likely to act like this out of anyone. Anna, you sound like me this time last year. Hell, WristCutter, you [i]definately[/i] sound like me this time last year. But there it is, and I agree with you Piromunkie, the term is not to be used lightly. It is most probably one of the rarest things in history, increasingly so since society is becoming more relationship based - and according to some study done in England last week 85.74% of relationships these days are based on nothing more than outer features. That's really shocking.
I fell in love with my boyfriend's mind, and his way of thinking before I even noticed that he was painfully good looking and incredibly sexy. And the best part is he doesn't think I'm half bad either.....[/color][/font]

I hate to say it... But as supposedly(spelling) inexpeirenced(spelling) in the ways of love I am, I don't think it's possible... Not for a long time... and for most people I don't think it ever happens...
I belive in obsession, I hate to be a jerk, but Harlequin, Raven, I think it's bordering there.
I know what obsession feels like, I know how it feels to be jerked around by someone.
No offence, (once again Raven and Harlequin) but people who think they cannot live without each other, are wrong...
In love one must be strong, if you die, no one knows what will happen. We may all be separeted, or united, we don't know.
But if you love someone, and love is the strongest feeling, emotion there is, you must be strong enough to go without.

Guest cloricus
I have seen cases where people are in love and one of them dies and the other can't go on living.
It's not pretty.

That's what I mean, Harlequin and Raven think they are in love, I don't know...
But as life is so very unpredictable, one could be gone tomorrow, and they think that they couldn't go on. This, I think, is horrible.
Harlequin is my best freind and if something happened to one of you, you both say that you would take your own life. I could not stand to lose either of you, and there are plenty of other people who feel the same. Whatever who you think you love, you could ALWAYS, find someone else... You don't have to wallow in self-pity. That's simply a waste of time, you can get depressed, but at one point you have to get over it...
If you can't, you should definatly stay away from relationships, for the sake of everyone else, if not, yourself.

I don't know what their relationship is...
But I can honestly say, that if Harlequin died. I will most definatly experience some kind of mental disability, I would be distraught.
I could beg you, forever, please, live your life, because if you go...
You will do more damage than you ever could here.
If it's possible for someone, to truly feel for someone, else, regardless of gender, I think it's called freindship, but I don't care what you call it... If that was taken away. I can honestly say, I don't know what I would do.

Guest cloricus
Jesus Chicken it is not as easy as saying "oh she/he is gone I might just get on with my life."

Now I don't think you meant it like that but that is what it sounded like.

I do not believe and still am to be convinced that they would take their own life if the other went. It is harder than that.

"I cannot live without him. -Raven? That is a very weak thing to say, I would have expected some thing better for some one like you.

And don?t give me that ?I have no idea on the subject? ****.

Guest cloricus
Jesus Chicken, it some times does help.
Newt I would of called that attion seeking if you had done that.

That's fine with me to go back to it, but don't die for a memory...
Because when they are gone, that's all they are, memories.
I am not saying love is evil, anyone who thinks that has issues, but you have to think about it seriously before making a emotional commitment to someone, you have to know what it will take and what the outcome might be...
Certainly, it helps to be stable, and it's better if you are, because if you do someone rash, the other person will only be likely to blame themselves.

[font=gothic][color=crimson]I'm touched Jesus Chicken. Really, I am. Don't worry, I'm feeling no signs of incipient mortality, and Raven isn't either. You could call this obsession, but that's just a convenient label. What Raven and I have is the complete understanding of one spirit. (Sorry if I go a little weird here) We are not only emotionally commited to each other, we are commited to each other with everything that we are. We are the perfect match for each other. And god knows neither Raven or I were particularly stable before we admitted out feelings to each other. We're still not, it's just not self-destructive anymore. It's actually more fun when it's slightly unstable.[/font][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Unholy Newt [/i]
[B]So I hate love. I was depressed for about 4 months afterwards. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Considering your age, I'm going to step back into my old nature and tell you that you [i]can't keep living in the past[/i]. I realize that in my earlier posts I commented on how [i]relationships[/i] are 'poo' because I have been hurt time after time, but I picked myself off the floor and put myself back out there again.

I'm in another situation right now that isn't exactly going well. I got into it knowing the details and why it would never work...but things just got too tempting and now I think I need to take a step back and be smart about it.

Just remember that love isn't the killer, it's the relationship between the two people that is. If you have a beautiful, healthy relationship, then there's no way you can hate love. Pull yourself out of the past and open your eyes to what's around you...it's a lot more than a big, gloomy greyness :whoops: [/color]

[SIZE=1] I believe that love can be found at any age and that thier is the perfect person for everyone and when you find that peson no matter that age it is love. But I do not think that suicide is the way out if your partner dies or leaves you I feel that you sould feel pitty for yourself for a couple weeks then get over it . Life goes on you must go on also suicide isn't a good way out for anything although sometimes I feel like doing it I quickly realize that it wouldn't help and I have my whole life ahead of me.[/SIZE]

[color=indigo]I see people have spoken about the Harlequin and Ravenstorture, and I just wanted to touch on that for a second. Even considering that they are fairly young, I can believe that they do possess very strong feelings for each other. Both seem very mature for their age, and you can see this in the way that they write. I hold a lot of respect for both of them and what they have. Those of you who commented on saying "I can't live without him" and spoke down about it, don't pay much attention to their style of writing. They both come off very tragic to me, very Romeo&Juliet-like(hopefully they can change the outcome of their story). So they will say things like that. It is not supposed to be taken in the most literal sense that if one of them dies, the other will physically die as well. It is more to that if one of them was to leave, the other would feel empty because something he/she once had is now missing. I really enjoy reading their posts when they talk about each other. I am really happy for both of them. A lot of the time when I see people post (or say in real life) things like thery are in love with a person, I am appalled (pardon if I'm spelling that wrong, I can never remember if it has one "p" or two) cause I know that they are lying. But when I see the Harlequin and Ravenstorture say thery love each other, I can believe it (at least on some level). If they continue to be with each other throughout the coming years, I can see that they very well seriously and truly each other like people should love their significant other.

That is all I have to say for now.[/color]

[color=darkgreen][font=gothic]When I said "If I could not be with him anymore, I would kill myself" it seemed to spark a few comments from various people I am close with, but I was saddened when I realised that nobody knew what I was talking about. There were a few comments about not being able to face the world without your partner, etc, and that is NOT what I was talking about. I believe in the afterlife. I don't know what afterlife, exactly, but I know that there is something else after death here. (This links with my agnostic belief system of spirit etc if anyone knows what I am on about.) But the reason I would kill myself is because I want to be with Harlequin forever - not just for the rest of my life. I feel like my whole life has been woven in such a way that we have been led to eachother, I know we did not meet out of luck, coincidence, etc. I know we were (gag) destined to be with eachother. So it would be stupid not to follow him into the afterlife, especially if I wouldn't enjoy my life very mcuh wihtout him. And I am sure he feels the same way. It's not that we can't stand to be apart, well, it is... it's not that we can't [i]live[/i] without eachother, we can.... we are strong enough, I think, to survive after one of us had died, but we wouldn't enjoy it very much. In fact I am pretty sure we would hate it, and it really upsets me to see him upset... there is nothing else that depresses me more, so if Harlequin decided to end his life after mine had, I would support that.
There isn't anyone else, though, there couldn't be. I don't know why I know, I just do. There isn't.
There is nothing wrong with the proposition of suicide after your partners death, if your belief structure supports it, and it is an act of love. A good friend of mine once told me that everything significant you do is either an act of love or fear, and although I am not certain of it, it certainly applies to this. If I were to kill myself after his death, it would not be because I did not want to live anymore for the sake of life itself, it would be because I love him more that I could ever describe or even comprehend and I would want to stay with him. As we often used to say to eachother, see you in hell, my love.[/font][/color]

[font=gothic][color=crimson]Egad, this is almost getting cloying. Why me? Really, why me? Oh well. I must say though, I do appreciate everyone's comments and beliefs, they just seem weird when applied to me. Unnatural somehow...

I'd put things on the same basis as Ravenstorture, although I do not believe in the/an afterlife. Certainly not the Christian Heaven or Hell. I believe that spirit is transient bundles of energy, which may or may not travel to another plane of existence on death. The body is a shell, when we die we merely lose the means for our minds/spirits (I really don't believe there is a distinction between the two) to communicate. So yes, I would follow Raven into the afterlife.[/font][/color]

i think when it comes to love shakespeare has summed it up well in his poem/sonnet 'let me not on to the marriage'
let me not on to the marriage of true minds admit impediments, love is not love which alters when it alteration finds or bends with the remover to remove O' no! it is an ever-fixed mark that looks on tempests and is never shaken
it is the star to every wandering bark whose worths unknowen although his height be taken loves not times fool though rosy lips and cheeks within his bending sickels compass come love alters not with his brief hours or weeks but bears it out to the edge of doom if this be wrong and upon me proved i never writ nor no man ever loved. (sorry if i got any of that wrong but it was from memory)
but i disagree with what is being said about not being able to live with out your loved one, if your loved one dies you are the person who best knows how beutiful and intelligent there mind was and how important there beliefs were. so you are the one who will best be able to share these with the world and if you don't you'll be doing your partner and the world a great injustice.

[font=gothic][color=crimson]Well, if we're getting into poetry quotes, from John Donne's "The Sunne Rising"; "She's all states, all Princes I. Nothing else is.". He's right though. Love is rather microcosmistic. When you are fully in love with someone, they are the world. Nothing else is. It doesn't matter what's outside. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. You just don't care. Or maybe that's just me... In fact, I wouldn't be surprised.[/font][/color]

[color=darkgreen][font=gothic]No, it's not just you. At all, that I can safely say. Except for the 'princes' part maybe... but then again, who knows.
Another really poxy remark: "they are the world to you" - doesn't [i]quite[/i] sum it up for me, I'm afraid.....[/font][/color]