OtakuBoards

Angels of Evangelion

GodFather

ok firstly, i have to say Evangelion is wicked, secondly i have to say im confused!!

ok, from what i here there are good angels, and there are bad angels. firstly i heard that all the angels are attacking nurve to touch adam so a repeat of the 2nd impact would happen. now, whats a lilith angel, and why did the 5th child self distruct after realising that it wernt the first angel, and why didnt it go on an rampage to find the 1st angel (adam)

whenever i try to discuss about evangelion, i get more confused every time. I thought the angels where bad, so why was the 5th child interacting and giving homosexual sighns to the third child. and some1 remind me why the angels are attacking nurve???

actually dont answer that, i know, they are attacking to get back with adam. ok let me rephraise, why did adam attack in the first place!!!! im so confused, i think im gonna have to watch the whole thing again.

Another question! i find out that unit one is made from an angel, and its outer layer is just armour!! what type of angel is unit 1 made from.

Ah jpsh im getting more confused. Can someone please explain to me, and give me a backing story to the angels please!

No this'd be the right section. Sadly though, I can't really help you. I've only seen the series all the way through once, subtitled, and I [i]know[/i] I missed some stuff along the way. My questions are basically the same as yours, and I've kinda forgotten anyway, because it's been a good long while since I last saw EVA.

All the Avas are made from Adam, I think it has been a long time since watching it.
After the First Impact Angles started arriving, and they were trying to get to Adam, but soon enough, Nerv realised they could control the Angels, well Adam... So they cloned him, made few and called them Avas...
Now Shinji is belived to have to the power to save the world, and along with Asuka (spelling), and Ray, and another, I think...
They are piloting the Avas, combating the Angels... so the story continues.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GodFather [/i]
[B]ok firstly, i have to say Evangelion is wicked, secondly i have to say im confused!!

ok, from what i here there are good angels, and there are bad angels. firstly i heard that all the angels are attacking nurve to touch adam so a repeat of the 2nd impact would happen. now, whats a lilith angel, and why did the 5th child self distruct after realising that it wernt the first angel, and why didnt it go on an rampage to find the 1st angel (adam)

whenever i try to discuss about evangelion, i get more confused every time. I thought the angels where bad, so why was the 5th child interacting and giving homosexual sighns to the third child. and some1 remind me why the angels are attacking nurve???

actually dont answer that, i know, they are attacking to get back with adam. ok let me rephraise, why did adam attack in the first place!!!! im so confused, i think im gonna have to watch the whole thing again.

Another question! i find out that unit one is made from an angel, and its outer layer is just armour!! what type of angel is unit 1 made from.

Ah jpsh im getting more confused. Can someone please explain to me, and give me a backing story to the angels please! [/B][/QUOTE]

godfather, your always confused, lol....

ok, first of all, the Lillith is the second angel, the angel which spawned human kind many era's ago, but it did not spawn human kind as normal humans, it spawned them as one angel, called the Lillum, something happened afterwards causing the Lillum to split it's AT Field to many parts, which were humans of course, as Kaworu said, the AT field is merely an extention, a soul of the posessor....

so yes, humans are pieces of the Lillum, and the purpose of instrumentality, or contemplation as it is known with sub watchers, is to meld all humans souls, AT field, into one and become the Lillum once again....

Kaworu allowed shinji to kill him because of two reasons....

1. He knew he could not escape as shinji defeated unit 02, meaning Kaworu had no way to fight it

2. He wanted shinji to live, he loved his FRIEND so much that he couldn't allow himself to cause third impact

it is not really known whether kaworu really is homosexual, for all we know he could have been VERY in touch with his feminine side, lol, this question I cannot really answer as thoroughly since I did not do much research on it since I didn't find it important, lol....

as for why did adam attack in the first place, well, this is something which I think was inscribed in the red cross book, a book unfortunately I have not had the chance to get my hands on to read, pointless anyway because it's in japanese, lol....

but I do have one theory, adam was simply not pleased with human kind, humans had to remain in a state of purity, where there were no wars and humans turning on each other, he was not pleased and so decided to teach them a lesson, so boom, he blew himself up....

unit 1 is made from the angel Lilith, and later on in the movie you find out that unit 01 is in fact a god or devil, depends on your depiction of it as it can be either....

I hope this helped those of you who were confused :)

[color=crimson][size=1]Eva is my favorite anime series, but I didn't even know half of the stuff that Sephiroth explained up there. I'm very confused myself sometimes. All I know is that I like the series a WHOLE lot. And it's very emotional and very deep and the storyline is so complicated. That's what makes it so awesome. But you can join our discussion in the thread called "The Beauty of Evangelion" if you like. It's sort of confusing and stupid, but there you go. It's a fun discussion.[/color][/size]

I think in japanese they called them prophets or disciples instead of angels. I couldn't remember all of the series since it was waaaayyyy back then. I think the writer was in great depression when he wrote about it.

ANGELS ARE BAD!!! THEY'RE THE HERALD OF GOD AND NOW THEY'RE HERE TO KILL US ALL!!! THE ONLY WAY TO SURVIVE IS TO KILL THEM FIRST!!!

It's kinda funny that this series has two different endings. (the anime and the end of evangelion) That's the part that I really didn't understand.

I was wondering the same. But I am not finished with series yet. But this info is helpfull. I was wondering how the angels are numbered. Like, the first one you see is Angel 3 and the first one you hear about attack was Angel 1.more attack and but they are not in order. So how are they numbered?Confusing? I hope you know what I am talking about. Like I said, I am not finished with the series yet.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Amphion [/i]
[B]I was wondering the same. But I am not finished with series yet. But this info is helpfull. I was wondering how the angels are numbered. Like, the first one you see is Angel 3 and the first one you hear about attack was Angel 1.more attack and but they are not in order. So how are they numbered?Confusing? I hope you know what I am talking about. Like I said, I am not finished with the series yet. [/B][/QUOTE]

the first angel in the show that we see is Sachiel, though he is the first angel that we see, he is not the first angel, he is the third angel, and appeared 15 years after the first two angels....

all of the angels attacks are in perfect order, as was depicted in the dead sea scrolls....

They go in order after that? I must have got some bad info. A web site I found listed them numerically and when you see them attack, and the attacks where out of order compared to what the Angels where numbered. I guess I just stumbled upon an idiots website.

Guest Deranged Gerbil
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Raven131 [/i]
[B]Isn't it kind of strange that there called angels even thought there all evil? [/B][/QUOTE]

no, technically, humans are the one's who are evil

• 1 month later...
Actually unit-01 is said to be made from lillith not adam...This is why its so important to nerv and seele not to lose it...

But anywayz yes the angels are numbered in the order they attack. Angel 2 however is never seen.(Although in the manga it is said that rei's injuries where from a battle with Angel 2)

It is a very confusing series but once you cut through all the muckyity muck it really does make perfect sense...Well to me anywayz :p

You just gotta watch the thing and make your own conclusions about what it means to you.