OtakuBoards

Almost 3000 members?

Chaos

Woah... I looked at the number of members today... 2,987... Didn't we just hit 2000 not too long ago? I guess with Otaku's increasing popularity, it would grow quickly, but I didn't think we'd get that many, that fast.

But I could've sworn we just got 2000 members...*scratches head*

[color=red][b]But if look at the members list, about half of them have never posted or have like 5 posts. And they have not posted in the past 2 months.[/b][/color]

Yeah, if James did a member clean thing, this place wouldn't have 3000+ members... maybe just around 1900 or so... but either way, OB is just getting back up to where it was before it went down in August of 2001...

[color=royalblue]
Exactly! There's more than 100 pages, maybe even 150 of that! I looked on "Last page" too see where my post count was, and I was surprised that there were so many pages, and that I actually wasn't at the bottom of it. Then I kept going forward, and was like WTF?! Why do people sign up and not post??
[/color]

Yeah... hey SS, ask James to do a pruning of members and see how many we have left lol... Hmmm... I don't see why they would just sign up and not post either... maybe they lost the URL or someone forced them to come here and sign up...

Wow, we are nearing our old record...It was 3,200 Members. Its amazing how many people come to this site and boards. Too bad that soem people dont stay, it would be great if all 3,000+ would come and post...But what am I saying, Spam could be a bigger issue if all 3,000 did. Even though the problems the boards have been having currently, it is still going strong. Very well done job everyone that brought someone here...I myself came because I read the URL in a book...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Aries [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]
Exactly! There's more than 100 pages, maybe even 150 of that! I looked on "Last page" too see where my post count was, and I was surprised that there were so many pages, and that I actually wasn't at the bottom of it. Then I kept going forward, and was like WTF?! Why do people sign up and not post??
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=crimson]Because they are morons and need things to fill their empty lives. [/COLOR]

[color=indigo]Yes, I have noticed that we have a lot more people posting around these forums these days. On a level it is a good thing, cause it keeps this board alive and makes it and even more diverse community, but then it just calls for more work from us staff. :p Although I haven't seen too many problems thus far.[/color]

Guest Saiyangohan2002
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Valen [/i]
[B]Yeah, if James did a member clean thing, this place wouldn't have 3000+ members... maybe just around 1900 or so... but either way, OB is just getting back up to where it was before it went down in August of 2001... [/B][/QUOTE]

Exactly what happended in august 2001? i have been meaning to point out that the earliest registation was august last year. yet i remember signing in as a different name, im may 2001 so wtf up with that? what happened?

btw great going 300+ members, but i agree, trim off those who never post ;)

Hopefully it'll stay that way. Who knows, maybe we can pass the record this month...*checks calendar*... erm... next month... I know it's crazy, but it is summer and more kids will be online... joy... who knows... it may actually reach 10,000 members by next year...

And in August 2001, OB "Crashed".

Guest Raven131
Wow I never thought there were that many! Thats alot. But why would someone make an account if they don't intend to use it? Kinda dumb

[COLOR=teal]I try and post as frequently as I can, but not having access to the Internet whenever I wnat doesn't help. Whenever I go on the internet, Otakuboards is all I go on! I reckon the pruning thing would be a brilliant idea. Loads of people join up but they never post! I remember I joined Otakuboards ages ago under a different name (I think it was in August or before it) but I couldn't post for some reason! Anyway I'm here now and I'm an active user! AND THAT'S WHAT COUNTS![/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Raven131 [/i]
[B]Wow I never thought there were that many! Thats alot. But why would someone make an account if they don't intend to use it? Kinda dumb [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]I think most people sign up with the intention of posting...but they post maybe once or twice and then they get bored...or lose interest, or find something else to do.

Some people sign up and just simply forget to post here. It happens -- I know I've joined boards where I've posted once or twice and become bored with the place.

In fact, OtakuBoards is only one of two boards that I ever regularly post at. Just shows how great our community must be. ;)[/color]

as it was said in an earlier post...half of the members that sign up don't post...it is like this...they sign up, they must either go eat dinner, or go somewhere...they turn off the computer...and they never think of otakuboards again...that is what happens with any board...whether it is a popular board or not...it is just a way of life in the message boards world ladies and gentlemen

I have no life, so I'm an avid poster. :D I just registered a month ago and lookie, I'm already a member! Anyway, I don't really think the number of members matter. I think that the "Quality is better than Quantity" phrase kicks in right about...now. :blush:

Guest Shift
[size=1][color=crimson]Yeah Spam would be a problem, but the pruning of members sounds like a good idea..[/size][/color]

The pruning of members... I've thought about that before, and it's a good idea, except this reason that keeps nagging me. I can't really say it the way I want to; it'd come out wrong. It has something to do with accidents. Any help here?

[B]It's good to have more people posting on the boards, before I felt as if the amount of people posting was decreasing, which made me quite sad... One person I never see post anymore is Desert Shadow, I miss that guy...[/B]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]

[color=royalblue]I think most people sign up with the intention of posting...but they post maybe once or twice and then they get bored...or lose interest, or find something else to do.

Some people sign up and just simply forget to post here. It happens -- I know I've joined boards where I've posted once or twice and become bored with the place.

In fact, OtakuBoards is only one of two boards that I ever regularly post at. Just shows how great our community must be. ;)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=teal][size=1]Or in the instances that people sign up at the last minute, maybe they forget their username, or password, or even the name of the website... That's happened to me and I'm still scratching my head over names and passwords...

Alzheimers at 14? Possibly.[/color][/size]