OtakuBoards

Which anime do you think has stood the test of time?

Ben Holiday

There are so many films out there from the last 30 or more years which do you think have been animated well enough to stay on top even in these modern times and I am not talking about how well it was dubbed or how cool it was. What i'm looking for is the films that had the best artistry in their animation something you can pick up still and see how well drawn everything was from the characters to the background, I would also like to include which of these you thought had the best storyline and musical score?

(Please no tv shows I am looking for films whether they be Japanese, American or any other nationality)

[color=crimson][size=1]Well, you ask for Anime, and then you say please no TV shows? I think you lost yourself in your own confusion and forgot what you were talking about. For one thing, anime is Japanese and there couldn't be any American film anyway! GEEZ...

Well, I'm still going to name a TV show. And I'd have to say Urusei Yatsura. It's slightly old, but it has stood the test of time and it's still very good animation with a really cool storyline. Ah how I love Rumiko Takahashi's work. [/color][/size]

Your right Queen Asuka anime is definitely of the Japanese origin so I should of stated Animation or Animated Films which is what I really want to discuss the best animated films for the time period of the last thirty or so years and from any country of origin. Sorry for any confusion.

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Well I have to go with Seph and say Gundam its been at least 25 years and still is going strong, the runner up in my opinion would be Macross even though various incarnations never made it over to the US, example Macross Flashback 2012 and Macross 7! ;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ZeroG214 [/i]
[B]I agree with Hunter and Seph. Gundam and Marcoss is OLD, and is still be best shows around. Some of today's counterparts don't compare to the originals. [/B][/QUOTE]
Even though I haven't seen much of Macross,(I have only seen Macross 7) I agree. But Gundam wins, it has been around as long as any anime I can remember. From the Original Mobile Suit Gundam in (I think) 1979, to Turn-a-Gundam in 2000. I bet many veiwers would have never thought it would last this long.

:toothy:

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
:) I agree, Gundam has been around since 1979 and paved the way for various shows including Macross, by the way the most recent is G-Saviour if you can count that horrible Live Action movie! ;)

yeah, gundam is pretty old....
at my old neighborhood, alot o girls were talking about this really old anime called candy. My mom said that was her fav anime when she was my age.... so... about 26 years,... but barely anyone still knows about it.

[color=crimson][size=1]I still think Urusei Yatsura, even though it's not all that popular. How can anyone resist Lum? She's so cute, with her green hair and little horns...YEAH, I like that series. I like Mendou...he was an awesome character...ANYWHO...

Yeah, Gundam is alright, but I still think UY.[/color][/size]

Wait I just remebered another one. Believe it or not Tekkaman Blade is old too. It came out sometime in the 1970's as well and was under the name Tekkaman the Space Knight. I've never seen it but I have seen screen shots and its quite evident its old by looking at the art. I just don't know if it was a hit or not since its very rare and its remake (Tekkaman Blade, Teknoman) is more widely known. Hmmm....... I gotta do some recon on this....

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1]And I have to say, expand your horizons and watch more anime than what's mainstream.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
You speak the truth Miss Auka. Though Dragonball/Z/GT is pretty old Gundam is positivley the oldest anime that is still appealing. Not to mention they are pumping out series after series. :)

[color=red][size=1] I think Gundam is pretty old (and good), but I think some people are just repeating themselves over and over again.

As much as I hate the series, Sailor Moon has been out for about ten-eleven years now.

But my vote goes to Teknoman. (which I'm sure has been said.)[/color][/size]