OtakuBoards

I need help on FF9!!

Barra Maral

Guest ProudClod
Could you be a bit more specific here because I never actually played FF9, so I cant assume where you are. I know I can help you since I have the walkthrough......;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Ultemecia's Castle...? I don't know, be more specific.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]That would be FFVIII SG ;)[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]I thought so -__- I don't play FFVIII alot so.. bah, shut up :p -SG[/SIZE]

[COLOR=indigo]But please, give us some more information, like what you recently did, what just happened, how ya got there and stuff of that sort...[/COLOR]

[color=red][size=3]I can, because I play 9 about as much as 8!

...anyway, I can, but you have to be more specific...exactly where in there are you? And are you remembering to take the bloodstones? You'll need those for the upcoming boss fight.[/color][/size]

If you're stuck on the part with the statues of the angel and demon, just light the candle on their right side so that it looks like the demon's chasing the angel, then a staircase will appear so you can go to the boss room. Try to light the candle and you'll go into battle. The boss is weak against water, so you should have Garnet use Leviathan if you can.

[font=gothic][color=crimson]Desert Palace is pretty simple once you learn the pattern. If you've tried all the candles, just start different combinations. The main problem I have is running into monsters every 6 steps. The bloodstones aren't even that neccessary, unless you want the items.[/font][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Harlequin [/i]
[B][font=gothic][color=crimson]The bloodstones aren't even that neccessary, unless you want the items.[/font][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=red][size=4]SPOILERS![/SIZE]

[size=3]Yes they are...

When you go to fight Valia Pira at the end of the Desert Palace, it uses various abilites such as Elemental Magic Null to gain an advantage over you. If you remove the bloodstones, it can't use the abilities.[/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
No, you don't. Just have Quina, Vivi, Zidane, Freya in your party and keep using Zidane's best attack, Freya's Jump ability, Quina's attack, and Vivi's thunder against him. He should go down pretty easily.

HINT: When he starts to use his water attacks, keep pounding him because he's almost dead.

MP Cost: 64
Learn From...
Myconid (Forest Maze,IIFA Tree)
Serpion (Outside Linblum Dragon's gate forest/shore)
Ant Lion (Outside Desert Palace,Cleyra)
Gigan Octopus (In the shores near Esto Gaza)
Gargoyle (Ipsen's Castle)

I don't remember exactly what to do in Qu's marsh, it wasn't that hard...just talk to Quina and the other....thing like her(/him) there and Quina'll join, you can catch frogs at Qu's marsh once Quina joins too. Catch 99 and you can fight Qu to get a strong fork weapon I think, the more frogs you catch the stronger his Frog Squash(drop?) blue magic is. Just be sure to leave 2 frogs in the marsh, so they'll be babies next time you return. If you catch them all u're going to have to wait a while =\.

(Your sig is pretty cool too, NIN is my fav band but Tool is right after, gonna go see em on the 19th =P) Anyway...no there's no required level....hm....have u explored the whole marsh? I vaguely remember talking to Qu and she says that you should take Quina along...try wandering all over the marsh, and keep talking to quina and qu...over and over again heh. Quina's not connected w/ any other city so...whatever you have to do, you have to do in the marsh.

(You'lllove the concert, Ive allready seen em, WENT OFF!!!)
Ok, yeah I guess I'll just have to waste time lookin around. Yeah, I shall explore the whole marsh, but I think I went through all of it before. I'm gonna have to start a new game, does anyone have any tips on starting and stuff?