Barra Maral Posted June 23, 2002 Posted June 23, 2002 I am in the big castle with all the candles that you have to light, and I am stuck. I think its Kuja's castle or something like that. If any one can help me please post here.
Guest ProudClod Posted June 23, 2002 Posted June 23, 2002 Could you be a bit more specific here because I never actually played FF9, so I cant assume where you are. I know I can help you since I have the walkthrough......;)
Break Posted June 23, 2002 Posted June 23, 2002 [SIZE=1]Ultemecia's Castle...? I don't know, be more specific.[/SIZE]
Guest Zeh Posted June 24, 2002 Posted June 24, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i] [B][SIZE=1]Ultemecia's Castle...? I don't know, be more specific.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE] [COLOR=indigo]That would be FFVIII SG ;)[/COLOR] [SIZE=1]I thought so -__- I don't play FFVIII alot so.. bah, shut up :p -SG[/SIZE] [COLOR=indigo]But please, give us some more information, like what you recently did, what just happened, how ya got there and stuff of that sort...[/COLOR]
Flash Posted June 24, 2002 Posted June 24, 2002 If I'm right, It's when you've been captured by Kuja, and have to light up the candles to open the doors and junk... Err, I can't really remember much about it... What specific part are you stuck on?
G/S/B Master Posted June 24, 2002 Posted June 24, 2002 I think he's at the beggining of the lighting the candle and stuff.I can't help you because I didn't play FFVIIII [SIZE=1]What the hell is FFVIIII o_O; Don't you mean FFIX...? -SG[/SIZE] Yes FFIX.Oy,need to work on roman(sp) numerals.
JCBaggee Posted June 25, 2002 Posted June 25, 2002 [color=red][size=3]I can, because I play 9 about as much as 8! ...anyway, I can, but you have to be more specific...exactly where in there are you? And are you remembering to take the bloodstones? You'll need those for the upcoming boss fight.[/color][/size]
Jeebs Posted June 25, 2002 Posted June 25, 2002 If you're stuck on the part with the statues of the angel and demon, just light the candle on their right side so that it looks like the demon's chasing the angel, then a staircase will appear so you can go to the boss room. Try to light the candle and you'll go into battle. The boss is weak against water, so you should have Garnet use Leviathan if you can.
The Harlequin Posted June 25, 2002 Posted June 25, 2002 [font=gothic][color=crimson]Desert Palace is pretty simple once you learn the pattern. If you've tried all the candles, just start different combinations. The main problem I have is running into monsters every 6 steps. The bloodstones aren't even that neccessary, unless you want the items.[/font][/color]
JCBaggee Posted June 25, 2002 Posted June 25, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Harlequin [/i] [B][font=gothic][color=crimson]The bloodstones aren't even that neccessary, unless you want the items.[/font][/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [color=red][size=4]SPOILERS![/SIZE] [size=3]Yes they are... When you go to fight Valia Pira at the end of the Desert Palace, it uses various abilites such as Elemental Magic Null to gain an advantage over you. If you remove the bloodstones, it can't use the abilities.[/color][/size]
The Harlequin Posted June 26, 2002 Posted June 26, 2002 [font=gothic][color=crimson]I know that. But you can beat it without bothering to get the items.[/font][/color]
Jesus Chicken Posted July 8, 2002 Posted July 8, 2002 I too have a problem with FF9. I am just a newbie the FF9, but have beaten FF8. Anyways back to my problem, could anyone give me some help with a recommended level or tactic to beat Gizamaluke on disc 1?
The Harlequin Posted July 8, 2002 Posted July 8, 2002 [font=gothic][color=crimson]I already told you, but just blind him. Make sure you have the Ogre with Zidane. Then use his Soul Blade ability.[/font][/color]
Jesus Chicken Posted July 8, 2002 Posted July 8, 2002 OOO CRAP!!! Now I have to go back to the place, no, Im not doing that. Do I really need the Ogre?
Valen Posted July 8, 2002 Posted July 8, 2002 No, you don't. Just have Quina, Vivi, Zidane, Freya in your party and keep using Zidane's best attack, Freya's Jump ability, Quina's attack, and Vivi's thunder against him. He should go down pretty easily. HINT: When he starts to use his water attacks, keep pounding him because he's almost dead.
JCBaggee Posted July 9, 2002 Posted July 9, 2002 [color=red]It also helps a lot to learn Quina's "Mighty Guard" if you're fighting Gizamaluke.[/color]
Desbreko Posted July 9, 2002 Posted July 9, 2002 [color=indigo]What enemy do you get Mighty Guard from?[/color]
Valen Posted July 9, 2002 Posted July 9, 2002 MP Cost: 64 Learn From... Myconid (Forest Maze,IIFA Tree) Serpion (Outside Linblum Dragon's gate forest/shore) Ant Lion (Outside Desert Palace,Cleyra) Gigan Octopus (In the shores near Esto Gaza) Gargoyle (Ipsen's Castle)
Jesus Chicken Posted July 9, 2002 Posted July 9, 2002 Sorry to ask a stupid question, but How do you get Quinna? Isnt she tha fat thing with the tounge?
Barra Maral Posted July 9, 2002 Author Posted July 9, 2002 you go to Qu's marsh and it is prety easy from there
Jesus Chicken Posted July 10, 2002 Posted July 10, 2002 I've been to Qu's Marsh, what do I have to do there, I talked to her and she was eating frogs or something... Anyways, could someone fill me in on this, it would be much appreciated, thanks.
SephirothNIN Posted July 10, 2002 Posted July 10, 2002 I don't remember exactly what to do in Qu's marsh, it wasn't that hard...just talk to Quina and the other....thing like her(/him) there and Quina'll join, you can catch frogs at Qu's marsh once Quina joins too. Catch 99 and you can fight Qu to get a strong fork weapon I think, the more frogs you catch the stronger his Frog Squash(drop?) blue magic is. Just be sure to leave 2 frogs in the marsh, so they'll be babies next time you return. If you catch them all u're going to have to wait a while =\.
Jesus Chicken Posted July 10, 2002 Posted July 10, 2002 (Cool sig seph) thanks, I tried talkin to them is there something you have to do or be first, like a required level or anything? Thanks for helping everyone.
SephirothNIN Posted July 10, 2002 Posted July 10, 2002 (Your sig is pretty cool too, NIN is my fav band but Tool is right after, gonna go see em on the 19th =P) Anyway...no there's no required level....hm....have u explored the whole marsh? I vaguely remember talking to Qu and she says that you should take Quina along...try wandering all over the marsh, and keep talking to quina and qu...over and over again heh. Quina's not connected w/ any other city so...whatever you have to do, you have to do in the marsh.
Jesus Chicken Posted July 10, 2002 Posted July 10, 2002 (You'lllove the concert, Ive allready seen em, WENT OFF!!!) Ok, yeah I guess I'll just have to waste time lookin around. Yeah, I shall explore the whole marsh, but I think I went through all of it before. I'm gonna have to start a new game, does anyone have any tips on starting and stuff?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now