OtakuBoards

Dare Devil!!!!

SSJ Gotenks ok

Daredevil is one words....

And I've seen behind the scene's footage. On MTV and on the special features to Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back I think... it looks ok, but Ben Affkeck is in alot of movies lately..... I probably won't see it for a while, seeing how I'm yet to see Spiderman.

• 7 months later...
[color=ff00cc] [size=1]I just got back from the movie. It's pretty much like Spiderman, only much better. ^^

The effects are amazing. I saw it in Digital Projection, and it's super kewl. You can't really expect [i]anything[/i] in this movie. I was really surprised at how alot of things ended up. Not your average Hollywood ending...

Although.

[spoiler]I'm really, really suprised Elektra killed Matt, and she eventually died too.[/spoiler] I didn't expect it at all, and usually, no one in the ad posters ever die. oO;

Edit: [spoiler]Er.. tried to kill. Matt didn't die. ^_^;[/spoiler]
Thanks for pointing that out, Cora. ^_^;;[/color] [/size]

Juu... ya might wanna change what ya said in ur blacked out part... lol... since yeah, ya got some facts mixed up....

but yeah, i also saw the movie today... this morning to be exact... but yeah, i personally do not like Ben Affleck... but ya know... oh well... i'll get over his bad acting abilities when it comes to showing emotion... *sigh* stoopid Affleck *sigh* oh well... but yeah... i liked it. i enjoyed how they had the special effects in it too... it made it good. but yeah, of course i went and saw this movie... its a MARVEL comic!! w00t w00t!! anywho... i recomend seeing it.. i enjoyed it.

The movie absolutely BLEW. I've never seen a bigger piece of crap. Like 5 fight scene's lasting 5 min max. The rest was plot. the directing was horrid and the acting, much like Spider-man, was crap as well. It seems these comic book movies are going downhill. My frind walked out of the theater when he went to see it. I downloaded it so I didn't have to pay, and it's good too because I would have wanted my money back.

Lets pray for X-Men 2... the Hulk doesn't look too promissing either.

When I seen it, I thought most of it was corny and cheesy, or cheezy, like Shinobi said. There was just a bunch of stuff about the movie that rubbed me the wrong way, but later on I thought it got better. DareDevil is kinda like a blind Punisher as in he's usually judge, jury, and executioner. The movie was certainly a lot more mature than I thought it would be however since it featured a lot more death than that type of movie would have.

Anyway, I'd say it was an okay movie. But X-Men 2 looked pretty promising from the trailer I seen....however I'm still not too happy with the apparent absence of Gambit again. It's sacrilege that they not include Gambit!

Yes, I saw Daredevil. I didn't particularly enjoy it. I don't think it was horrible, but Spiderman and X-men were much better movies. I wonder if there is going to be a sequel. Because in the comics [spoiler]Electra is resurected.[/spoiler]

Anyway, my favorite part of the movie was Bullseye. I like his forehead. =P

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cyko [/i]
[B]Yes, I saw Daredevil. I didn't particularly enjoy it. I don't think it was horrible, but Spiderman and X-men were much better movies. I wonder if there is going to be a sequel. Because in the comics [spoiler]Electra is resurected.[/spoiler]
[/B][/QUOTE]

I hope they don't... If it's gonna be as crappy as this one was... plus doesn't [spoiler]Daredevil kill the Kingpin as well by pushing him out a building... in fact i thought both of them died that way...[/spoiler] I'll have to read my 8 bajillion comic cards again to know.

I DIDN'T like the fact they never gave bullseye his costume. HE SAID HE WANTED A COSTUME! I hope thats not a spoiler lol oh well. I like his dinky little thing in the comics lol. He's so dumb lookin.

I thoght the movie was a comic book. On one page talk next page action next page talk after that action. Thats how the movie was to me. The only thing i liked about the movie was the action. I hate the ending, to short and wack. The only thing i did like that wasn't fighting was how they showed how he got uset to all his power when he was a kid.

I actually liked spiderman (probably alone on that) and disliked X-Men (that 2)

Ill probably DL Dardevil, cause from what i heard it is like a show on The WB acting and effects wise. I think the hulk actually looks pretty good from the new trailer. The part where he swings that tank aorund and throws it like 100 yards is almost scary :)

[color=darkblue]The only reason this movie was even made was because of the success of Spiderman. What the hell did y'all expect?

The only good parts were Ben Affleck :tasty: & the interpretation of what the world looked like through his eyes (or ears, as it were). That was pretty sweet looking.[/color]

[spoiler]Actually, I think Electra survived. I know they showed her heart stop, and all. But earlier in the movie Matt said he'd like a pendent like hers, except in Braille. No one else heard him say this, just her. Then at the end of the movie, after she's already supposed to be dead. Matt finds a similar pendent to Electra's except in Braille. I think she has to be alive, and that was supposed to be a clue that she was.[/spoiler]

Anyway, that's what I think at least.

[b][size=1]
One of my friend loves Daredevil to bits. He'll be watching this, and I might/might not go see this depending on what he thinks of this, seen as though everyone that's posted so far seem to all have totally opposite and um.. [i]conflicting[/i] opinions o.-[/b]

*waits 'til school tomorrow*[/size]

Like Vampire Ed and most others, I had mixed feelings about the film overall. I'm not a fan of the comic book, so I can't hold the most educated opinion--I don't know how true it stays to its source material. But, I loved how mature Daredevil was. It seemed much more adult that movies like Spiderman and X-men. Going into the theater, I had no idea that Daredevil kills his victims. There was more blood than I expected too.

Some of the fight scenes were a tad ridiculous and exaggerated though. I still don't like the idea of two people fighting in a school yard over a name....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Charles [/i]
[B]Some of the fight scenes were a tad ridiculous and exaggerated though. I still don't like the idea of two people fighting in a school yard over a name.... [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Lol, I thought that was the best part of the movie.

I went to see Daredevil on Valentine's Day with a friend, and I thought it was okay. True, some parts were really cheesey, but I just laughed at most of those. Overall, I thought it was decent, but then again, I barely ever watch movies.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Charles [/i]
[B] Going into the theater, I had no idea that Daredevil kills his victims. There was more blood than I expected too.

Some of the fight scenes were a tad ridiculous and exaggerated though. I still don't like the idea of two people fighting in a school yard over a name.... [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkblue]For the first thing, that was a surprise to me, too. It didn't give me a lot of sympathy for the Daredevil character. That guy has serious issues.

And for the second thing, it wasn't just a tad ridiculous. It was utterly ridiculous. If someone had done that to me (followed me & started sparring) after I was obviously not interested, I would have thought he was the ultimate weirdo, pressed charges, & filed a restraining order. What a freaking weirdo! And I don't often use that word, either. Matt needs serious therapy.[/COLOR]

[color=red] The beginning of this movie was rather off I found. I don't mean the very beginning--the back story--I mean when he met Elektra. That part just seemed very off and it just didn't fit the entire other atmosphere of the movie. CWB, I know exactly what you mean. That was a very awkward part of it for me, too. That's what I mean by the beginning was rather just so unrealistic. Fighting over a name, and to top it off in a schoolyard? Right.

And then the whole thing of Elektra and him falling in love so quickly and all, I didn't like that either. They went too deep into that which made it feel again, awkward.

But I found as the movie went on, it got so much better. This movie was somewhat like poetry to my eyes. I absolutely loved the irony and pure interviening story arcs and backs. It was wonderfully done in that aspect. I just loved this movie near the end. It was very powerful to me then.

So all-in-all, this movie's a little rough around the edges for me. But once you overlook that, this was a very powerful movie. At least to me.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Vampire: Ed [/i]
[B][spoiler]Actually, I think Electra survived. I know they showed her heart stop, and all. But earlier in the movie Matt said he'd like a pendent like hers, except in Braille. No one else heard him say this, just her. Then at the end of the movie, after she's already supposed to be dead. Matt finds a similar pendent to Electra's except in Braille. I think she has to be alive, and that was supposed to be a clue that she was.[/spoiler]

Anyway, that's what I think at least. [/B][/QUOTE]

I do agree in fact, and why is it that you are the only one who seems to have seen that?

Personally I liked the movie and thought it was good. And yes I thought that it was a tad cheessy but hey, its based off of a comic book.
COMIC book.