OtakuBoards

Sports and Video Games-only for boys?!

eleanor

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Legend_Brolly [/i]
[B]This Thread is sexist..............

God you make me sick............. [/B][/QUOTE]
In what way? If would explain this to me I would be........oh wait your banned, no wonder. As for this subject, my sister plays video games all the time. She isn't a sports person though.
:therock:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=crimson][size=1]I hadn't read up in this thread in a while, but I laughed a little at the debate between Anna and CWB. I agree with the both of you.

And CWB, I would post in the gaming forum, but I just never anything interesting in there to post about alot of the time. Maybe I just never look when a game I like is discussed or something...I dunno...but yeah...[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1]
And CWB, I would post in the gaming forum, but I just never anything interesting in there to post about alot of the time. Maybe I just never look when a game I like is discussed or something...I dunno...but yeah...[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Nothing interesting eh? There tends to be some fairly controversial issues and intense debating in those forums actually. You just have to look around sometimes.

Look for my topic in the Xbox forum for an example, lol.

I am glad that you and Anna understood my points though. After all, these stereotypes all begin somewhere and the numbers have a great deal to do with them.

And Snake, I don't even know why you bothered to reply to that, heh. Brolly or whatever, merely glimpsed at the subject of this thread, without reading the posts, and made that comment for the purpose of starting trouble. ;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hybrid [/i]
[B]and umm do stuff that sluts do. [/quote][/b]

[color=deeppink]:twitch: Ok. All of the boys at my school either play sports, read study, and umm do stuff that [b]guys[/b] do. Do you see the ridiculous generalization I'm making?

You were singling out a group of girls that merely [i]enjoy their sexuality[/i]. But boys can ALWAYS enjoy their sexuality...there not a single male equivelant for the word "slut" :rolleyes: [/color]

[quote][b]its fragging annoying at some points, they want your cock more then they want you.[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Hello! Don't a majority of younger guys (no, not all of you) want play more than they want a relationship with a girl? Yeah. What shall we call them? Male sluts?

Hon, if you're getting head and enjoying it, more than likely nobody is going to talk **** about you...you take that freedom for granted. Don't call the girl a slut just because she likes feeling good. Ugh.

Agh, I don't want to turn this into that sort of topic, but I get rather heated about stuff like that...[/color]

Guest Morph
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][/b]

[color=deeppink]:twitch: Ok. All of the boys at my school either play sports, read study, and umm do stuff that [b]guys[/b] do.

Do you see the generalization you're making? You're singling out a group of girls that merely [i]enjoy their sexuality[/i]. But boys can ALWAYS enjoy their sexuality...there not a single male equivelant for the word "slut" :rolleyes: [/color]

[color=deeppink]Hello! Don't a majority of younger guys (no, not all of you) want play more than they want a relationship with a girl? Yeah. What shall we call them? Male sluts?

Hon, if you're getting head and enjoying it, more than likely nobody is going to talk **** about you...you take that freedom for granted. Don't call the girl a slut just because she likes feeling good. Ugh.

Agh, I don't want to turn this into that sort of topic, but I get rather heated about stuff like that...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Meh, I guess I was wrong, sorry BabyGirl, I'm deleting that post! Right now..... Meh, I should enjoy it more then I should woo! Ok, well umm, I'm gonna go ask her out tomorrow. Hehehehe

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][/b]

[color=deeppink][b]...there not a single male equivelant for the word "slut" :rolleyes: [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Hmm, isn't male-whore or gigolo similar?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1]
Nice Mr. Rogers ava by the way... O.o;;[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Heh heh, thanks. I'm the coolest guy on the boards now. Won't you be my neighbor?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]Heh heh, thanks. I'm the coolest guy on the boards now. Won't you be my neighbor? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1]Okay, lol. I'll be your neighbor and everything. ;)

Yeah, Jenna, I totally agree with you; his post slightly annoyed me as well. I mean, I dont really know that many girls that are just totally driven for sex. I don't mean to stereotype guys since this is what this whole thread is against, but typically, young guys who are hitting puberty tend to care about sex more than emotion and the like. WHY do you have to be a LECHER!?[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]

Hmm, isn't male-whore or gigolo similar? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]:rotflmao: Haha, yes.

But to just re-state my point, in this case 'slut' and 'prostitute/whore' are two different terms. Used as a derogatory term, 'whore' is the equivelant of a prostitute, the [obviously] PC term for a woman who [obviously] gets paid for her services.

Hybrid was using 'slut' as a general term for girls who merely enjoy sexual things...they don't get paid like prostitutes and, their male counterparts, 'gigolos' do ^_^

Back to video games. I wonder if I was the only girl who wanted a Super Nintendo console more than [more] Barbies (since I had many and loved them) for Christmas when I was younger...o_O

...I never ended up getting one :([/color]

[color=crimson][size=1]When I was in first grade, we got a Nintendo for Christmas and my parents knew it was there and let us open it early (it was from our grandparents) and they played it more than we did back in the day... O.o;; And then when we got our income tax refund check type thingie they went out and bought the Super Nintendo with Street Fighter and Zelda and Super Metroid. THOSE were the days, man. Then a few years ago, in the 6th grade, my Uncle got me into Playstation and I went home and begged for one and we got it for Christmas. Now this year we're begging for a PS2 since they've had the price drop and we can afford it now. Besides, I know my dad is dying to play Gran Turismo 3.

Videogames in my household are a family event. Especially the Tekken Tournaments! ;)[/color][/size]

[color=royalblue]Ahh yes, same here, Asuka. :)

My dad is a big gamer. He and I used to play Super Mario Bros. and Zelda constantly. :)

And now, I tend to play a lot of multiplayer stuff with my brother and sisters.[/color]

That's how it is in my family too. I've been playing (well, trying to play) video games ever since I was three. my dad got a NES for his birthday and me and my brother took it over. now my brother has a N64 and begs for a gamecube, while I sit in my little corner playing my playstation wishing for some good fighting games to play. even though I am a girl I grew up playing video games so i've always thought it normal for girls to like video games...guess i was kinda wrong, oh well.

[color=royalblue]I think there's just a kind of stigma with video games.

I mean, my younger sister plays a lot of strategy style games on the PC. She really loves them.

I think a lot of games on console are unfairly geared towards males...games like Tomb Raider, for example.

Having said that, games like Zelda and Mario are really geared toward all kinds of gamers. And I really think that's a good way to go.

More recently, games like Perfect Dark and Resident Evil have been including female characters in leading roles -- characters who aren't as superficial as Lara Croft...and who are actual warriors with intelligence and skill.

I think we need to see more of that in gaming...and remove some of that silly "eyecandy for males" stuff. Game makers could make a hell of a lot more money if they targeted women more with their games.[/color]

Sports and videogames are for both males and females, people who say otherwise are idiots....

:mrt: Mr. T: bah! sports and games are for guys, not girls, except for netball, that foo game got girl written all over it, women shoul be in the kitchen, making me my foo....food!

shut up, foo....