OtakuBoards

The story behind Majora's mask?

Boo

[color=indigo]Okay, first off, the mask is called Majora's Mask because it contains the evil spirit of Majora, a great evil being, who's spirit was imprisoned in the mask when it could not be defeated. (Kind of like how Ganon couldn't be defeated, only imprisoned in the Sacred Realm, but only Majora's spirit survived so it had to be imprisoned in something instead of somewhere). Whoever wears the mask in pretty much controlled by the mask, unless they're powerful enough to resist. As seen in Zelda: Majora's Mask, the Skull Kid was pretty much completely controlled by Majora's Mask.

If you're asking because of what just happened in the Zelda: The Human Realm RPG, I'd think Ganon would be able to resist the control of Majora's spririt. Of course, he would still get the power of Majora, in addition to his own, which is [i]very[/i] bad.[/color]

[color=indigo]Well, I'd assume that the Happy Mask Salesman got Majora's Mask to try and keep it out of the wrong hands. As seen in Zelda: Majora's Mask, it can do a [i]lot[/i] of damage, so he probably didn't want it just floating around out in the world waiting to be put on. Of course, it still ended up causing lots of trouble, but that wasn't exactly his fault... There's not much you can do if you get jumped from behind by a Skull Kid and knocked out...[/color]

Navi left after the end of Ocarina of Time.

*SPOILER!*

When Link returns from the future and puts the Master Sword back into place, you'll notice that Navi flies to the ceiling and leaves through a window.

*END SPOILER!*

That's what I think at least.

[color=indigo]Well, I always assumed that Link and Navi got split up when Zelda sent Link back in time, after beating Ganon (at the end of OOT). It never actually says how Link and Navi got seperated, though.[/color]

I had been reading about something at IGN the other day, and I assume this is more their speculation than anything...

But IGN said that Link was on his way to see Arill (Link's sister who is introduced in the GC Zelda), when he gets taken to the land where Majora takes place. I guess Majora is basically considered a side story, and is the most recent game in the timeline...with the GC one being next. So after Majora, Link finally gets to see his sister. Although then she disappears lol.

[color=indigo]Yes, that is just IGN.com's theory... Actually, I just read in the July issue of Nintendo Power, where they had an interview with Shigeru Miyamoto and Satoru Iwata, and Miyamoto said that the GCN Zelda game is the first in the timeline... Meaning that it's set before both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

This completely blew away a couple of my theories about when the game was set, but now that I know, I can start thinking of how the GCN game and Ocarina of Time are linked together! I've already sort of got an idea, but it needs some mulling over.[/color]

first off navi. like they said before navi left link in OOT, why? my guess is because link doesn't need a fairy since he is a hylian, not a korkiri.

the timeline, (not including the gamecube game) OOT comes very first, then majora's mask, Gameboy, then the nintendo one, then super nintendo, since i never played the Game cube one, and you guys are saying that it is very first, i'll believe it.

Well if my memory is correct then I recall hearing that Link gets his nice Green Duds in the GC Zelda. And that alone should show that it is the first game, unless there is one where he doesn't start with the green tunic.

And on other note I think i can rememebr the Deku tree telling Link that he isn't a Kiroki and that his mother gave him to the deku tree to keep him safe. It that is right then it raises another question. Where is his mother on the GC zelda.

:blah: All done

[color=indigo]Yes, Navi may have left because Link didn't really need her, because he's a Hylian. Either that, or they got seperated somehow... Those are the only two reasonable possibilities that I can think of, as to why Navi is gone...

Yes, the Young Deku Tree tells Link that he is actually a Hylian, and that his mother left him in the care of the Great Deku Tree to keep him safe in Kokiri Forest (after you beat the Forest Temple in OOT, the Young Deku Tree sprouts and tells you this). This would mean that the GCN game is set when he's still living at home, and before Ganondorf comes into the picture. Ganondorf would still be building his power as the King of Thieves, so he most likely won't play that big a role, if any, in the GCN game.

And yes, Miyamoto has said that Link gets his green tunic in the GCN game, from his sister, I think. And no, there aren't any Zelda games (that are out now) where Link doesn't start with his green tunic. In all of them so far, he starts out with his green tunic and green pointy hat.

This thread seems to be getting a bit off-topic, though. There's a thread for talking about the GCN Zelda game, I suggest we use that instead of this thread, which is about Majora's Mask.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
Yes Desbreko you are quite right, Now with MM in all the games there has always been around eight or more dungeons, but in MM theres only four and the bad guy which happens to be the mask. I wonder why they drastically changed the number of Dungeons.

[color=indigo]Well, Majora's Mask was the first Zelda game where Shigeru Miyamoto wasn't as involved, so maybe they decided to try something new? They probably wanted to see if people would like it as much with fewer dungeons, and more interaction with the towns people, with stuff like the trading sequence in OOT.

Personally, I liked it that there was more interaction with the towns people, but I also don't like the fewer dungeon. I guess I just want the best of both worlds. :toothy:[/color]

you are like me. I liked the interaction with the townsfolk but there was to few of dungeons. I liked the dungeons cause you could fight the bosses over and over again. On the OOT you could only fight Ganondorf over and over again. But I know this doesnt have to do with MM but in OOt the end, I dont understand it.

[color=indigo]Yeah, being able to fight the bosses over and over was fun. I remember going back into the Dodongo's Cavern in OOT to see if you could fight the bosses again in that one, but you couldn't. All that was there was the warp that appears after you beat a boss. :( To bad, too, I really liked fighting some of the bosses in OOT. Hopefully they'll make it so you can fight the bosses in the GCN game over again.[/color]

[color=indigo]Yeah, Gyorg was fun to fight. I've fought him twice, using both strategies (staying in the water the whole time and just using the Zora Barrier, and shooting arrows from the platform to stun it and then jumping in to use the Zora Barrier on it). I have to say, I have more fun when I just stay in the water the whole time. It's fun trying to dodge that gaping mouth, lol.[/color]

• 3 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PrettygurlRei [/i]
[B]Yep that's about it. But I don't understand why, If the mask sales men new it had extreme power. Why did he get it? [/B][/QUOTE]I just want to know where he found it. I don't think that they mention that at all throughout the whole game.