OtakuBoards

Fighting with a chicken

AqUaWoMaN

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=indigo]Um... what the heck? ...In english, please?[/color]

[color=seagreen]Edit: Yes, it is rather funny, though it's hard to die from it unless you just let them hit you or you have very little life when you do it. It doesn't just happen in OOT and MM, though. That started in A Link to the Past, on the SNES.

And by the way, I changed the title so it'll show up on the list of threads.[/color]

Beating up chickens used to be my favorite part of those games.:D In A Link to The Past, you can stop the assault by picking up the chicken you originally attacked. In Ocarina of Time, you can ride Epona and the chickens won't hurt you.

You also get attacked in Link's Awakening Deluxe. If you get on their bad side, chickens can be the deadliest opponent in the game.

Yeah, I learned that the hard way. LOL. I mean i was soooo bored with the game that I started hiting things with my sword. I found a chicken! I started hitting it over and over. Then cuckued? What the? I thought. Then Cuckoo! They hit me. Me slowly dying. A slow very painful death by enraged chickens. Now that s a way to die!

[color=indigo]The thing is, you only have to enter/exit a building to get them to stop... So, like I said, unless you just stand around and let them hit you, or if you do it with very little life, it's hard to die from them... I A Link to the Past, though, they won't do it if you hit a Cucco that's inside. You can wail on it as much as you want, but I guess the flock can't get to you when you're inside. In Oracle of Ages/Seasons, though, they'll still come even if you're inside. Not sure about the others, because I never bothered to try it inside. I don't think they'll do it in OOT and MM inside, though, but I'm not positive.[/color]

[color=indigo]Um... I know they stop when you go in a building, I'm just not sure if they'll start attacking you while you're in a building, in OOT and MM... I think I'll try it tomorrow (okay, I suppose it'll technically be today, lol, since it's about 2:45 AM), since I'm all curious now. :twitch:

Yes, they do stop after awhile in A Link to the Past. Another fun thing is to grab one of the Cuccos out of the air, when they start to attack you. It's fun to see if you can grab one of the first ones that flies at you, and try and hold onto it for as long as you can (in other words, try not to get hit while holding onto the Cucco). Also, it's kind of funny if you do it in the Dark World, because then you'll get skeletal Cuccos swarming you, lol.[/color]

[color=indigo]Yes, I [i]know[/i] that they stop when you enter a building... I just wasn't sure whether they would [i]start[/i] attacking you when you're [i]already in a building...[/i]

I tried it, though, and they will start attacking you while you're in a building in Majora's Mask. You can't seem to hit the ones that are inside, in Ocarina of Time, though.[/color]

[color=indigo]Yeah, I kinda figured it was because they're part of the game, but you can't hit them when you're old, either, when he doesn't have the game... Now I'm trying to think if there are any other indoor Cuccos in OOT... I'm pretty sure there are, but I can't think where. :confused:

But in Majora's Mask, it's kind of funny to watch them fly right through a wall to get at you, lol. (When they start attacking you in a building). Don't stand near the walls. :laugh:[/color]

You know that would be kinda freaky to see Youre just sittin around and all of a sudden you hear somebody beating the pulp out of a chicken in the other room and all of a sudden there chickens sticking their heads and whatever through the wall triing to get in lol that would be very freaky.

[color=indigo]Well, if there are Cuccos in the new GCN game, you can count on being able to beat the crap out of them. :toothy: :twitch: It'll be fun to beat up cartoony Cuccos, heheh.

Oh, yeah, just remembered something. In Link's Awakening, try using the Magic Rod on a Cucco or a dog. It buuuuurns! :devil:[/color]

hehehe..kill the chickens!Kill em! HaHaHaHaHA! I love fighting the chickens. there was only one time i didnt. One time in ocarina of time, i hit the chickens and then one came at me and i turned and accidently fell in the well. hehe. that rhymes. one of the chickens knocked me in and then i couldnt get out cuz they kept knocking me off the ladder! (obviously this was after draining it!) that just sucked!

[color=indigo]Heheh, there's an easy way out of that. Just play the Sun's Song, and you'll still be in Kakariko Village, only you'll be where you last came into the town (such as one of the entrances, or the entrance to a building). Either that, or play one of the warp songs, and warp to another area. I've also had that happen, except that I jumped in the well to see if the Cuccos would still be able to get to me.[/color]

he he he. Thanks desbreko. I got to try that. eww. I would feel sorry for link though hair smells bad when it burns. Yuck. But what game system is links awakening on... Note to self: get game. get fire Rod. Burn chickens! Mmmm! Tasty. Fried chikens. Umm. i dont know about dog, but I dont want to find out.

[color=indigo]Link's Awakening and Link's Awakening DX (which is a remake, with added color and an extra hidden dungeon) is for the Game Boy. You don't get the Magic Rod until Level 8: Turtle Rock, though, so you'll have to play through the whole game to be able to shoot them and make them burn. But, I'm pretty sure you can also use the Magic Powder, though you have to go up and sprinkle it on them. Not as much fun as shooting them with the Magic Rod. :devil:[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desbreko [/i]
[B][color=indigo] Not as much fun as shooting them with the Magic Rod. :devil:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Hah, I remember when I first discovered that you could kill those dogs (I always thought they were foxes o_O) with the Magic Rod...I was estatic. It was time for revenge ;)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Wes [/i]
[B]Speaking of Link's Awakening, how do you awaken the rooster
below the first town? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]You have to get the 3rd Ocarina song from Mamu in the Signpost Maze. If already have the song, then you just have to push the rooster statue to reveal stairs underneath. Play the song by the bones and voila ^_^[/color]

Thanks god. I have it! I have the rod! Die you dogs die. Its now revenge for me Bwa ha ha ha! Sorry, got a little caried away. But why are they soooo mean? I hate those poochies! grrrrr. Oh and how the heck do you beat the guy. uuuh forgot his name.... any help will be welcomed