OtakuBoards

4th of July!!!WOOHOO!

Ryan

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
My fourth of July was pretty boring stayed home watched the fireworks spectacular watched some CB and some Macross on dvd, just wouldn't be the same without some anime! Then went out for a little while over to a friends bar and that was about it! :)

I woke up, laughed at my brother while he was going to summer school.

Watched t.v.

Slept some more

Woke up

Set off some fire crackers, not works it's been raining heavily for the past 5 days

Watched Daria

Joined here

Posted

It's July 5th now, and I am still posting

What great fun I had! :rolleyes:

This was my 4th:

Slept till noon

Watched Batman & Robin on TBS

Did stupid chores

Watched Toonami

Read

Got so bored I watched Smackdown! on UPN while listening to all the fireworks being blown off right outside my door (literally)

Watched Comicview

Went to sleep

Woke up at 3 o'clock in the morning to finish my Hiei drawing.

I really have no life. -_-;;

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Ah yes, good ol' people from other countries. :) Just as a cultural question for those of you in other countries, do you have a similar holiday at all like the 4th of July here in the states?

Just asking out of curioustiy and interest. :)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Australia has "Australia Day" in January, which is basically the date that the First Fleet landed here.

And then there is January 1st...which is the date when Australia was federated and became an actual country. But all of the celebration is done on the 26th. :)[/color]

I had a wonderful time yesterday on July 4th, my friends and I went out to the beach early and we spented many hours in the water swimming, mainly because of the hot weather.After that we lighted up some fireworks along with everybody, and my it was just an amazing sight to see everyone firing off different kinds of fireworks.

As the day went by, the official fireworks went off, it was simply one of the most coolest thing I've ever seen in my life.:)

We have our independence day in Finland at 8th of December, but no blowing up is allowed. And most of the people just sit in their homes watching the "presidential ball" from the tv, meaning Tarja Halonen shaking the hands of the finnish celebrities, politicians and others for a five hours or so; after that, they all dance, chatter and drink; and the rest five million of us are at our houses watching them...how sad...:(

It's not allowed to use fireworks here except on new year's eve. Then things REALLY blow! (And several people get injured, if not killed...)

That's how we celebrate here in the distant Finland...:(*gets depressed...*

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Justin [/i]
[B]Heh...I had a blast. We grilled out, and shot off a bunch of fireworks at my grandma's house. I shot my little brother with a roman candle ^-^.

-Justin [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][font=century gothic]

Poor Justin's brother, but it sounds really funny lol! I'm glad everyone had a great 4th of July! Only if the 4th of July was everyday! More food! WOOHOOO!!!!MORE FIREWORKS!!!MORE FIRE WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!![/size][/font]

[color=indigo]I woke up at 8:30 in the morning. Then sat in the car for two and a half hours. My mom and I went to one of those places with the Caves and the Caverns. It was interesting. I bought rocks. Went home. On the way I got a cheeseburger at Buger King(the highlight of my day!. lol. j/k. not really.)
I WAS going ot shoot off osme of the illegal fireworks i brought in Pensylvania where it's not illegal(I live in N.J.). They aren't the kind that fly in the air(my mom woudn't let me buy them because she was afraid I'd get killed. Thanks the whole point of July fourth! To die in your country. Er... wasn't that die FOR your coutnry?) Well, we never did for some odd reason. We will tomorrow. Tonight, I'm going to a fireworks show. Yeah. Yep. that was my fourt of July. Not so bad![/color]

[color=teal][size=1]I was stuck at home fixing my bike. Grr...

But then I went out and saw a bunch of fireworks. Funny, this year I found them a complete waste of time. I was bored out of my mind, and my neck got pretty stiff... *cracks neck*

Don't get me wrong, I'm a patriotic kind of guy... But yeah, fireworks suddenly don't do it for me anymore.[/color][/size]

Really July 4th started on the night of july 3rd fer me.

I set off a couple of my fireworks from a HUGE box my mom bought fer me. my bro almost blew his hand off throwin 1 in the air. hehe.:laugh: Then after a big one called Zombies. I went to bed. I woke up the next mornin and got online watched som tv etc. then at about 3:30 i went swimmin fer 2 and a half hours, after that i ate a hot dog strait from the grill.(ball park of course) Then i went with my dad to different places doin errand=. then at a i left and went to cathedral hill to watch the D.C. fireworks. I really should have gone to pentagon though.:( It wasnt that bad.
Then i went into an alley wit my dad, bro, and i. I then set off the rest of my fireworks. creating enough smoke to give sombody cancer. the wind gave them all a cool effect.then after that i went to bed. Sadly all my fireworks were legal. Im just glad i don live in Maryland. In maryland ur not alowed to set off ANYTHING at all.Patriotic or not. and thats about it. I want to set off mor cause im a major piro!:devil: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :flaming: :devil: :demon: :devil: :flaming: :devil: :demon:

Let's see, what did I do again? I went to a friend's house on the 3rd. We stayed up pretty late and saw some people fire fireworks. It was funny, the fireworks never blew up. They went into the air and fall right back down!

We, or should I say my friend, went to sleep at around 2 AM. His stupid, yet very cute, kitty kept waking me up every once an hour by jumping on me. I got tired of it and got up at 6:30. We went to his grandma's house for breakfast, had me some french toast :tasty:. We then watched some TV (I watched Sponge Bob Squarepants for the third time, I wished I had the Nick channel for that show). Then we came back to my house and played some games. He left at about 5, and I came on here.

We were going to have a cook out, but everyone was working! I would have too, if I had a job. But we're having the cook out today!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by digitalshadow [/i]
[B] It was funny, the fireworks never blew up. They went into the air and fall right back down!
[/B][/QUOTE]
[size=1][font=century gothic] Funny lol! Hope no one got hit by anything. I know a person that got hit in the eye with a bottle rocket and is now permanetly blind for the rest of her life.[/size][/font]

My 4th? Boring. I slept until 11:30, then did nothing all day, ate hot dogs for dinner, then went out to Union Intermediate High School (OhmyGawd. I'm actually going there in a month. O-o;; Creepy.) and set up chairs to watch the fireworks that the church across the street sets up. That was fun. Only because when the really big fireworks would explode, everyone's car alarms went off. I loved it. Oh, and there was the firework that went off 2 feet above the ground . . . the rents, my sister, and I all cracked jokes about that (This guy with his skin all charred: "Must . . . finish . . . job . . .") then I went home, stole several of my sister's books, and read until I was too freaking tired to hear the fireworks.

Yeah. The 4th was the same as always.

Guest Solid Snake
[color=teal]For fourth of July, I got to go back to my old neighborhood to celebrate. I first went to my old pool to meet a friend and, naturally, swim. Then, we went to see my uncle who was in the hospital, and, finally, go to an old neighbor's to watch fire works.

When I got to the pool, my old friend wasn't there and I had to wait a while before I could go in. When he got there, we talked about the past two years (mainly anime and gaming), and then it turned out he didn't feel like swimming, so I took it upon myself to do it alone. I had a lot of fun jumping off the diving board and playing water basketball, but before I knew it, we had to leave to visit my uncle who was in the hospital.

This uncle was the husband of my grandmother's late sister. He was hospitalized the other day from some kind of lung cancer, due to the fact that he had smoked his whole life (surprising that he lived as long as he did- 70). It was so sad because he was just lying there, and could barely say anything, only being alowed to eat ice chips. And the worst part about it was that if he died, his son would have no immediate family left. We stayed for an hour and a half and then left to go to the house that we would watch the fireworks at. My uncle died the next morning.

At the party, I was feeling kind of bored because I only knew my brother (don't get me started) and my hot female neighbor who I barely remember. However, I noticed some anime DVDs I've seen, as well as some cool Playstation 2 games lying around and found out that they belonged to this girl, so we started talking and found out we had a lot in common. The girl had Devil May Cry, and, surprised that I had never played it, let me try it on normal. I found it to be a great game and when it was time for fireworks, I didn't want to leave. However, I finally pulled myself from it and watched the fireworks that were actually very cool, not to mention loud. After watching two minutes of it, the girl asked me to come back and play video games again, and I said okay. The whole way back my family was teasing me, saying that I liked her when I really didn't! Plus, there was another guy there, so they had no right saying that I was doing all the flirting. When I tried to deny it they would just say "Oh, I see, your gay." ::sigh:: It's hard to live with them because even though I like girls, I can't say that I like a particular one or they get all hyped up. If I ever get a girlfriend, life will be hell.

Well, yeah, one of the worst Fourth of Julys ever.[/color]

:blah:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Char! [/i]
[B][color=teal][size=1]Don't get me wrong, I'm a patriotic kind of guy... But yeah, fireworks suddenly don't do it for me anymore.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=red]Same here. I was always a one for the finale, but now I just don't care...[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Guest Solid Snake
[color=teal]Herman, again, we do not grip a firework, light it, and wait for it to go off. ;)

The fireworks I saw were public and up by my old mall. Man, those are the best.[/color]