OtakuBoards

4th of July!!!WOOHOO!

Ryan

[size=1][font=century gothic]

Yeah it is finally here!!! What are you doing or where are you going for the 4th of July?? I am going to this huge fireworks show in my city and I get to pig out on food!!!!!![/size][/font]

I think Juuthena has a good idea,but its missing one or two major major factors in the fourth of July celebration you have too...hmmm..how can I say this....

Blow something up.Illegal fireworks and brilliant shows of lights and explosions...the colors don't hurt ^_^

UH OH...I HAVE TO COOK ALL THE FOOD BY MYSELF...MOM WHATS WRONG WITH YOU....I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO USE THE GRILL!!!

Thats exactly what happened today.

Hey they call me the burnt food king.I think I'm the only person that can burn cereal....-_- but that skill helps out a lot with heavily explosive fireworks ^_^ lol

I was so surprised when my mom got up and said....YOU HAVE TO COOK THE FOOD...shutters from the thought of it

Gotta go run check the grill....

::sighs::

Hey your not an American but you can aid in our quest to blow stuff up on our day of independence.lol

Take out a lighter and go explode some fireworks.The bigger the better.Light up the sky with missle from My collection.lol

Blow somthin up...blow somethin up...aww yeah blow somethin up..say it with me....blow somethin up!!

[color=deeppink]I stayed home and introduced a friend to Cowboy Bebop ;)

Actually, I had a very boring 4th. My family ate at Taco Bell for dinner...we bought some overpriced fireworks (small ones; most fireworks are illegal in Michigan)...I came home and picked up my room...got ice cream...watched Cowboy Bebop while my parents set off the fireworks outside...The End.[/color]

Just one more hour until the show starts...I'm going up to the Hills nearby my home where the entire bay area is pretty much visible when there's no smog around. I'll be catching 2 displays taking place at the same time in different locations...plus all of the illegal ones. Not really exciting though since all I'll be doing is pretty much watching (since I'm kinda sick...*cough*). Ah well, probably after, I'll hit the PS2 and play Silent Hill 2 all night.

[color=indigo]The Fourth of July, now this is [i][b]my[/b][/i] kind of holiday. :devil: I only regret that I'm poor and can't afford good fireworks. :) If it can't clear the roof of the houses around you and/or rattle the windows of every house within a mile and a half radius, they're not worth it. :p

Anyway, fortunately, I'm over at my dad's house this year and he lives in a wealthier neighborhood so there were plenty of good fireworks to see. :) I inhaled about............ a lot of smoke, lol. There were so many fireworks going off the smoke from them was just rolling down the streets of the neighborhood. :p[/color]

I walked the parade route...all five bleeping miles of it...for no particular reason...

Came home....

Did nothing...

Drew...

Did nothing...

Watched the fireworks over lake michigan...from my bedroom window....

And now, I am going to bed.

I had a blast! My family went to one of our friend's house and they have a lake behind them and alot of the houses on the lakes were shooting off alot of expensive fireworks, all of which were against the law in Florida. But it was great. Everyone was out watching and it was fun. Too bad it was so f-ing hot....

Mine sucked. Well not completely but heres the deal. It started off by getting up around 12:30 (yeah Im lazy). We cooked some stuff on the grill. Ate lunch. We then went to the movies to see MIB II. So far so good. We get back and I drive over to my friends house where she is having a big 4th of July party and shooting fireworks. I have a blast there. Then I get home and walk through my door and my parents inform me that our dog was run over, again, and this time he was killed and is buried in the back now. My dad is not taking it well at all because he was really attached to him, he was liek family to him. I used to get mad when he barked at 2 am in the moring right below my window, now I wish he was. But oh well, everyone dies at some point, theres no use in getting to down about it.

Well that was my 4th. I thik I will go to bed now.

[color=indigo]Yikes, sorry to hear about your dog Amp. Especially on such a great holiday.

What I think is funny in this forum is that people are sort of making a big deal about illegal fireworks, lol. If it was any other day but today, I'm sure the cops would mind and bust anyone using them. But I have never heard, or heard of, a bunch of people getting arrested or whatever for shooting off illegal firewokrs on the 4th of July. Sure it may happen to some, but very few. Shooting off frieworks, legal and illegal alike, on this day, is just a show of patriotism. Any cop that would stop a person from being patriotic and showing pride in his/her country is an a-hole... :p[/color]

[color=darkblue]
Lol, I see your point. (Piro)

I had a pretty good 4th of July. I woke up around Noon (like usual :D), then I tried to get on OB, but something was screwed up, so I took a shower, and got ready, and all of that. Then I went over to my cousins house, and went swimming, and had barbecue. Then we drove to this parking lot to watch the firworks being shot from the Texas Rangers baseball stadium (we used to go on this huge hill right next to it, and it was awesome, and so much fun, but the a-holes who own the property closed it off, but I don't see why). And the breeze was great, so I had a pretty good time.

BTW: Sorry about your dog Amphion, it's always hard to lose a pet :(
[/color]

Guest Saiyangohan2002
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Yikes, sorry to hear about your dog Amp. Especially on such a great holiday.

What I think is funny in this forum is that people are sort of making a big deal about illegal fireworks, lol. If it was any other day but today, I'm sure the cops would mind and bust anyone using them. But I have never heard, or heard of, a bunch of people getting arrested or whatever for shooting off illegal firewokrs on the 4th of July. Sure it may happen to some, but very few. Shooting off frieworks, legal and illegal alike, on this day, is just a show of patriotism. Any cop that would stop a person from being patriotic and showing pride in his/her country is an a-hole... :p[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=green] . July 4th is not much here in New Zealand. I'm glad everything turned out fine for you. an i hope to see July 4th in 2004, the projected year of my tour of the states! Rock on America! :excited: [/color]

[color=indigo]Ah yes, good ol' people from other countries. :) Just as a cultural question for those of you in other countries, do you have a similar holiday at all like the 4th of July here in the states?

Just asking out of curioustiy and interest. :)[/color]

I just got back from watching some great fireworks. as for the food, just ate whatever my dad cooked up. *shudders*
anyway.... I'm not american either...but... we try to do something.
Cuz we live in the us, might as well celebrate. But this time, I did the most exciting thing..... stay home YAY! I forgot it was July 4th
until the fireworks part ^_-

Guest Saiyangohan2002
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Ah yes, good ol' people from other countries. :) Just as a cultural question for those of you in other countries, do you have a similar holiday at all like the 4th of July here in the states?

Just asking out of curioustiy and interest. :)[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=green] We have Guy Fawkes night on november the 5th, that is our main piro-heavy fireworks blast. because of the foiled plot of Guy Fawkes, who tried to blow up the british parliament. Thats our time to be fire bugs! [/color]:devil: :flaming: :devil:

my 4th of July was pretty decent. around 7pm me n' my family went to a big party that we were invited to. the ppl who invited us have part of a lake in their backyard, it was really pretty seeing all the boats from the shore at the opposite end of the lake. ate lottsa good food (BBQ!!! :tasty: ). the fireworks were probably the high point of the party, I love fireworks ^_^. I just wish I had taken pictures.