Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Man dies playing computer game


Recommended Posts

Guest Voodookanaka
Posted
U gotta read this.......

Man dies playing all-night computer game

A Thai man has died from heart failure during an all-night computer game.

The 22-year-old was found dead at his computer terminal in an internet cafe in Chiang Mai.

Police say his friends told them he was addicted to the game and played it from Wednesday evening until he was found slumped over the computer's keyboard at noon on Thursday.

They confirmed that Thanet Sommoi, a worker at a ceramics factory, died from heart failure.

He had been playing Half Life: Counter Strike, which casts players in the role of terrorist or counter-terrorist. Up to 32 people can join in on the internet.

Police say investigators believed Thanet developed tension and fatigue after playing the game for hours, and his heart eventually failed.

The Nation reports he was taken to hospital, but was pronounced dead after doctors failed to revive him.


what can I say....
Posted
actually, ppl can get injuries from playing games whether its console or pc. its the suspense that gets the adrelanine pumping, which also makes the heart beat faster. shoot em' games are usually the main cause of death. but there are also injuries that cant kill you like epilisey(sp) which causes seizures that arent fatal, unless youre in a weaken condition
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud_Strife [/i]
[B][B]This is why I get out at least four times a week, some people need to find out that they're is a real world out there.[/B] [/B][/QUOTE]

I also do that. I try to go for 2 jogs a day, and I bike to school...
Posted
I'm so afraid i 'll never open my computer again!!!*takes a hammer and destoys his computer* D**n thing i'm not gonna die!!!lol:laugh:
Posted
Good thing I'm not a video game freak like my brother with computer games made by blizzard or my twin sister and the Super nintendo and the nintendo 64. *Smiles* I always say that but this deseves a *Frown* :( :( :(
Posted
How bizarre........death by video game........well, fortunately I suck at video games, so eventually I get so ticked off because of continually losing that I turn the thing off and go read or ride my bike. Who knew anger could be good for you?:D :angel: :cross: ;) :smirk: :laugh:
Posted
geeze...and to think about all the 5 day-in-a-row all-niters I pulled out here over the summer.I remember it used to be me, TN, and less than jake.We all used to be on like every nite at about 3 in the morning.It was wild. Yeah it seems like everything is the good ole' days now. Just thinking about the past 9 months is weird...
[i]Kamakazi out[/i]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by KAMAKAZI [/i]
[B]geeze...and to think about all the 5 day-in-a-row all-niters I pulled out here over the summer.I remember it used to be me, TN, and less than jake.We all used to be on like every nite at about 3 in the morning.It was wild. Yeah it seems like everything is the good ole' days now. Just thinking about the past 9 months is weird...
[i]Kamakazi out[/i] [/B][/QUOTE]lol i know what you mean, like at the end of the school year, i think of the great times and i have to say good bye,then i say oh well, got to plan the disruptions and evilness for next year:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
Posted
Hmm.....guess you could say he was the biggest of hardcore gamers.

I have played Team Fortress All night before but its just a game so I dont get into it THAT much.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cloud_Strife [/i]
[B][B]This is why I get out at least four times a week, some people need to find out that they're is a real world out there.[/B] [/B][/QUOTE]

[b]Haha, real world? Your such a joker! Hahahahaha.... *sigh*[/b] :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...