OtakuBoards

No longer scared about Daredevil!

JCBaggee

[color=red]As very few of you probably know, I'm a [b]huge[/b] comic geek, and the upcoming Daredevil movie adaption has kinda had me scared. Marvel's been on a good streak so far with Blade, X-Men, and Spider-Man, but I'm kinda wondering when this streak is going to end.

Doesn't look like with Daredevil, folks. First pictures of the cast, in costume, have been out for a while, and plot is slowly creeping onto the net. The costumes are great, and Colin Farrel should do good based on his work in "Minority Report".

Any other comments?[/color]

[color=red][size=1] I think they did a great job on casting (except with the whole 'Ben Affleck' thing...) and costumes. I'm afraid that it won't stick to it's original plot, though. [/color][/size]

[COLOR=deeppink]Well, I'm a little excited about seeing the Daredevil... But I don't like that it's Ben Affleck playing him. And the Kingpin just doesn't look right... I don't mind the change it skin color too much, but Kingpin was a lot... huskier than that. The one they have now it more muscular than ... huskey.[/color]

I never knew much about the Daredevil, but I can tell you right now that I cannot stand Ben Affleck. After his craptacular performance in Mall Rats, I don't know how he ever got into other movies...

But anyway, I saw the preview at the theater recently... and it actually looks pretty good. Ben Affleck, for some reason, didn't seem like that bad of a choice when I actually saw it all in motion. So who knows... I still don't see how he could ever be casted as a super action hero, but whatever lol.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkred]LOL, wow. . a lot of people REALLY don't like Ben Affleck. I personally loved his role in Mallrats, Dazed and Confused, etc. He was a perfect actor to play the a**holes that the cast needed. But on a more serious note. Could he play a more serious role? . . I think he can. While I really didn't think the plot or the acting was really stunning in Pearl Harbor, I thought Ben Affleck did a very good job with his role. I also liked him in Armagedon, and though he was a bit whiny - what with the world ending and all, who wouldn't be, right? - I thought he really played the role of a young adult with a few kinks thrown in to his life besides the hustle and bustle of the everyday thing =)

As for Daredevil, sure, the costumes may look a bit funny, or wierd, or awful, but I remember when I saw X-Men for the first time, I was like - They totally screwed the costumes! - but after watching the acting and good storyline and special effects, I came to realize that the costumes weren't THAT big of a deal. I also think this will be the same way with Daredevil. Good acting, great fight scenes, good special effects, and hopefully the story will be good as well - even though they will have to change parts of it.

As for the story (since I mentioned some of it up there), I really do hope they go away from the comic books a bit. I really don't want to see a movie where the ending is already known by everyone who has ever read the comics, but then again. . I may be overreacting a bit there. . *shrugs*

And on a few personal side note. . I am really looking forward to seeing Kevin Smith in the movie ^_^ He has a small cameo in the movie, and though I recently found this out, he actually wrote some stories for the Daredevil comics. That was pretty wild to find out for me! I know he is a huge Star Wars fan as well as a huge Comic fan. . but I didn't know this far. . O.O

Secondly, Michael Clarke Duncan as the Kingpin! That will be awesome. I love him as an actor, and his voice I feel will fit the role of the huge(ok. . that works several ways) crime boss. I think his size is going to fit the comic book depiction, and think that it will surprise some people when they see him in that role ^_^[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I didn't know that they were making a Dare Devil movie, this should be cool. As for the X-Men movie being good....... you can think again. I thought that the X-Men Film was a total waste of time. I was completly disappointed with my loss of £4.50 and can't believe how some people can actually watch that film. Magneto was gimpy as hell! anyway, I'm getting off topic.

I only heard that they were making a Hulk Movie and knew nothing of this Dare Devil Movie. Anyone got any other news about it?

I love Michael Clarke Duncan (not that way.) but casting him as the Kingpin is a bit of a stretch. It's sort of like when Todd McFarlane cast a white guy to play Terry Fitzgerald (i think that's his name) in Spawn because he didn't want the movie to be a "black movie", just a good movie. I don't mind but it is a little hard to picture him as Kingpin. But if he could pull off a sadistic ape he could do a crime boss no sweat.
If you are hyped about the DD movie, watch Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and you can see a brief (hardly noticable) cameo by DD. And did you know that the director of the DD movie has a brief cameo as well.

I think Marvel is going mad with power... X-men... Blade II... Spider-man... The Incredible Hulk... Daredevil... And I know I've heard something about an Iron man movie...

Let's just hope the rest of them don't all turn out craptacular. If I see any of these turn into another 'Batman and Robin', I'll kill someone.

[color=indigo]I think Marvel has done a good job weeding through scripts for movies. I have high hopes for the Daredevil flick, especially since Spiderman was so good.

As for Ben Affleck, has anyone seen Phantoms...he is the $#!^ in Phantoms (or so I have heard, I never even saw the movie...)[/color]

Marvel has done good so far. Not to get off topic but as for X-men, even if it was a success, even I (the X-men's #1 fan) was a bit disappointed by it. It just seemed like a Matrix rip-off. I like it but I had so much hope for an X-men movie and it kinda let me down. Now Spider-Man was the shiznits. If every Marvel movie could be like that I would willing shell out my $8. And as for Marvel's winning streak, I predict it might be damaged by Blade 3.

[color=red]I saw a pic of Colin Farrel as Bullseye on Entertainment Tonight and it's pretty cool. He's got a shave head and a scar shaped like a bullseye on his forehead, much cooler than his comic costume.

As for the X-Men costumes, black leather looks way better on screen than yellow spandex, and it made that crack on board the Blackbird was funny, so it's well worth it.[/color]