Guest Saiyangohan2002 Posted July 16, 2002 Posted July 16, 2002 [color=green] Like the title says, soon I'll be on the radio hosting my own talkback show. I have been on the radio before my otaku days. Unfortunately the schools Transmittor only broadcast a 1 mile radius around our school. :mad: Anyway, i heard that there is a computer program which lets you listen to radio broadcasts over the internet from anywhere in the world so maybe you can listen in :D btw, I'll be doing dedications so if you want your name announced in the shout-outz thel reply here :) the frequency is 88.1, as more details come to hand, i'll post them here. [/color]
Kinetic Posted July 17, 2002 Posted July 17, 2002 [color=darkblue] Haha, that's awesome. Hope you have fun being famous all over the world...err...internet...maybe you can make a career out of it (maybe someone important will hear you). Shout-out that "Katie will always love Aaron" (request from a friend) :p [/color]
Mist Posted July 17, 2002 Posted July 17, 2002 [color=red][size=1] Cool! Shout out= To all of Otakuboards! Especially the ES Clan and, even more, Eric! (Krillen)...Meh! :p (Make sure to say it's from Evelyn!)[/color][/size]
amibasuki Posted July 17, 2002 Posted July 17, 2002 shout-outs, eh? well, it's not a shout out, but it'd still be cooool if you could say this pleez! 'Fear the wrath of the SuperRad!' ~Aquabats have fun :D
Sui Generis Posted July 17, 2002 Posted July 17, 2002 Awesome!! Dude that is awesome! How do I listen to it on the net? "If you are skitzofrantic you are not alone....You're with me!!"
Fall Posted July 17, 2002 Posted July 17, 2002 [url]http://windowsmedia.com/radiotuner/FindStations.asp?[/url] -This lets you listen to radio stations all around the world. Where will you be broadcasting from? I'll try and listen to ur program sometime.... :) Good luck also man. Have fun! :)
Juu Posted July 17, 2002 Posted July 17, 2002 OMG, that's sooooo KEWL!! I'll be sure to tune in okay?
Guest Saiyangohan2002 Posted July 17, 2002 Posted July 17, 2002 [color=green] So far the only confirmed details is it's on 88.1fm and its broadcast from Linwood College in Christchurch, New Zealand. More details soon (including date) [/color]
Guest cloricus Posted July 17, 2002 Posted July 17, 2002 That is called a shoutcast and you can use many programs to broadcast songs and radio over the internet. (Try winamp-shoutcast) I had a 24/7 net radio station running for about a week then I shut it down. (Didn't have the bandwith...) If you would like some help and maybe even a server to run your net radio though pm me, I can put you on to a guy I know who has just finnished doing that for RNA. (Radioactive.net.au Which shut down two weeks ago.) You could also put a IRC channel for people to go to to find out stuff about your show. Also people has any one thought of haveing a IRC channel for Otaku? I might make one if any one thinks it's a good idea.
Krademon Posted July 17, 2002 Posted July 17, 2002 DUDE..like COOL! can I tune in with windows media player, it's got a radio feature but I dunno if it'll work.:cool:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now