Zelda Quiz

Dante the Demon Slayer

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color=indigo]Well, techincally, they aren't called Zoras in either The Legend of Zelda, or Link's Awakening. They're called Zolas, which are, "any female Zora who turns against Hyrulians and chooses to live a life of violence." (Quote taken from the Hyrule Encyclopedia on [url]www.zelda.com[/url]).

But whatever... I just had to mention that. :toothy:[/color]

[color=indigo][b]Answer:[/b] By "strand," I assume you mean have one just flopping around on land, right? If so, it's at the Watergate, when you open it and the pools around the building get drained. If you pick one up and throw it into some deep water, it'll thank you and give you a red Rupee, which is worth 20 Rupees.

[b]Question:[/b] In A Link to the Past, which of Agahnim's attacks is he missing in your second fight with him? (As in, what attack did he have for the first fight, but doesn't have for the second fight?)[/color]

[color=teal]Okay...question...question...dammit, all the good questions are already taken!

[b]Question:[/b]There is one way to catch the rabbit on the Watergate Prairie, by attacking the bushes underneath it when it jumps. What is the ONLY other way?[/color]

[color=indigo]I was sure there was another way, but all I can think of right now, is that you wait for it to jump and land, then chop down the grass where it jumped. Then when it tries to jump there again, it'll end up on its back.

Does that count, since you're cutting the grass after it jumps, not while it's jumping? :toothy:[/color]

[color=teal]That never worked, it always avoids empty space. Come on, it isn't that hard.

[b]Hint:[/b]All you need to do is touch it without getting hurt. ONE item (not the hookshot) will get you close enough without getting hurt, though AFTER he speaks, you will lose half a heart.[/color]

[color=indigo]No, I've had them try to jump up from an empty space, and had it end up on its back. You just have to chop down enough of the spaces that it jumps from. If you watch one for a bit, there are only about five places they'll jump from.[/color]

[color=teal]You'll never guess. Desbreko, take it by default. The answer was to use the Pegasus Boots at EXACTLY the right time, ram the rabbit, and he'll die, but you'll also get hurt. You can't just walk into him, though, and that sucks.[/color]

[color=indigo]Hmm, never done that before. I was [i]sure[/i] there was another easy way to do it, though. Bleh, maybe I'll think of it later...

[b]Question:[/b] Bleh, this is kind of easy, but about all I can come up with right now (I'm tired). In Link's Awakening, what name is engraved on your shield?[/color]

[color=royal blue]Yeah. When you wake up, Tarin/Talon (whatever his name is--the Mario looking guy), hands you your shield and says, "Your name is ---? Well, this must be yours, 'cause it has your name on it."

The same goes for your sword when you find it on the beach. And when you get your upgraded sword, you are quick to engrave your name on it.[/color]

[color=indigo]Lol, that's not tough at all. I mean, it is one of the items that you [i]need[/i] to get in order to complete the game. You get it in the library in Kakariko Village, by using the Pegasus Shoes to dash into the bookshelf that it's sitting on. :)

You're supposed to answer a question before asking one, though. Otherwise, there always ends up being multiple questions being asked at the same time, and it gets really confusing.

And yes, Bremma, you're correct. The name engraved on your shield (and sword, as Ginny pointed out) is whatever you name your file. Ask away.[/color]

[b]Edit:[/b]
[color=seagreen]Hello? You going to ask a question, Bremma, or shall I? It's been two days now...[/color]

[color=teal]Legend of Zelda, Link's Adventure, Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time. Oh, and the two Super Smash Bros. games. If you count those, it's six. If not, it's four. Not counting the CDI games, but those weren't even approved by Miyamoto, I think.[/color]

[color=indigo][b]Answer:[/b] There's more than one item like that, actually. First there's the Shield, which you actually have to assign to a button in LA, instead of it just always being used in TLO. Then there's also the Power Bracelet which, again, you actually have to assign to a button and use manually, instead of having it just be used automatically whenever you want to push a rock in TLO.

[b]Question:[/b] In Link's Awakening DX, what object common to most Zelda games does the boss of the Secret Dungeon resemble?[/color]

[color=teal]I was thinking of the sword, actually. In Legend of Zelda, there was no shield, and the power bracelet still had to be assigned to a button. But I'll give it to you, mainly because I want to answer this.

[b]Answer:[/b]It resembles a switch crystal, used to raise or lower block patterns on dungeon and/or cave floors. I think. Not sure, haven't played the game in years.[/color]

[color=indigo]Um...the sword isn't automatic in The Legend of Zelda... You kind of have to push the button to swing it, it doesn't just get used on its own. o_0

And yes, you do have a shield in The Legend of Zelda, and no, you didn't have to assign to Power Bracelet to a button. I have proof, too:

[img]http://www.desbreko.netfirms.com/Misc/ZTLO-PauseScreen.gif[/img]
In this screen shot, you can clearly see that the Power Bracelet (the top, rightmost item) is above the box of selectable items. That means you can't assign it to the B button, which in turn means that it's used automatically, whenever you push on a moveable block.

[img]http://www.desbreko.netfirms.com/Misc/ZTLO-Shield.gif[/img]
In this screen shot, you can see that Link is holding a shield, plain as that.

Oh, and yes, you got it right. Ask away.[/color]