Krademon Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 Alright. We've got a couple of excange students from Japan coming to my school for about 3 weeks. I'm a buddy to one and have been thinking of getting him a going away present that's kinda australia. I could always get a plush koala or kukaburra or sumfin but I thought he might think that a bit lame. so got any Ideas? quote: Help help help HEEEELLLPPP!.(probably wasn't needed but It'll put a smile on ya face:D )
Juu Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 wait, is it a girl or boy? Girl- Koala plushie!! We asian girls just adore cute syuffed animals!! Boy- hmm.... depends on the age.
Krademon Posted July 20, 2002 Author Posted July 20, 2002 He's a boy. He's 16. He like to read comic (yes that's how he said it.)
Fall Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 If he speaks or reads english, get him a few comics. You said he likes to read them....
Sara Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 Plus it's got those cool little pictures on it....Kangaroos and stuff.
Krademon Posted July 20, 2002 Author Posted July 20, 2002 Yes money is good. But is it really something you want to give a guy that's about to go back to Japan?
liamc2 Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 I'd say visit the National Geographic shop, there's bound to be something there for him ;)
Fall Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Krademon [/i] [B]Yes money is good. But is it really something you want to give a guy that's about to go back to Japan? [/B][/QUOTE]Well it could be good, depending on how much it converts to over there.................................anyways, can you convert Australian money to Japanese money?
MarkM Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 well... 25.00 Australian dollars = 1,643 Japanese yen 25 dollars is what I would give him. But if you want more converts of money go here [URL]http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll[/URL]
James Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 [color=royalblue]You could buy him one of the following... 1) An authentic Aboriginal boomerang (some of them are really beautiful) 2) Some sort of HSV clothing (good quality...Australian icon that isn't as lame as the "traditional" stuff) 3) Some sort of Rip Curl/Billabong/Quiksilver etc clothing (Once again...it's a 100% Australian icon and isn't as lame as the traditional stuff that people buy) 4) Money (I think money is a pretty cool keepsake...especially since our money just looks so modern. ;)) 5) A cork hat. (No, I'm joking there). ;)[/color]
Outlaw Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 A Boomarangs always good. Very Aussy-ish. Or a Croc Dundy style croc-tooth hat. Those things are totally sweet.
Guest cloricus Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 I have two words for you "Canned Animal." Buy it from a National Geographic shop near you! (And no it's not real - and if you go with this adives make that point clear.) They cost about $10 (AU) I think. If not go with James ideas they sound good. If you do go with money you could get some of the comemritive (sp?) coinage. :)
The Harlequin Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 [font=gothic][color=crimson]Well, in my opinion, give them something really Australian. Something that kind of impresses upon them the kind of country this is. In other words, get them chased out of a country town by a racist mob armed with torches and pitchforks, and video it. Then give him the video. Bound to work. The Harlequin: Well on my way to getting lynched! 18th time...[/font][/color]
Flash Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 Why is the Australian $2 Coin smaller than the $1 coin? That's just stupid. Oh, and be sure to get him a Steve Iriwn action figure/plushie.
James Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Final_Flash [/i] [B]Why is the Australian $2 Coin smaller than the $1 coin? That's just stupid. [/B][/QUOTE] [color=royalblue]Well, it's smaller but [i]thicker[/i] and heavier... It's like that for those who are blind. Every note and coin is a different shape/size...so that you can feel exactly what money you are carrying without looking. And each note is brightly coloured ($5 is purple, $10 is blue, $50 is yellow and $100 is green) for those with poor eyesight. ;) Just thought I'd throw in some useless trivia. Hehe.[/color]
Kei Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 [color=blue]Huh. That's very interesting, James, to me anyway. I did not know that. Anyway, back on topic, maybe you can get him one of those digeridoo(sp?) things I've heard about. And no, I didn't hear it off the Simpsons before anyone tries to make a snide remark, at least not the first time.[/color]
James Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Katana [/i] [B][color=blue]Huh. That's very interesting, James, to me anyway. I did not know that. Anyway, back on topic, maybe you can get him one of those digeridoo(sp?) things I've heard about. And no, I didn't hear it off the Simpsons before anyone tries to make a snide remark, at least not the first time.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [color=royalblue]That would be a good gift...especially since many are hand painted and look very cool. :) By the way, do you like the Shine Get siggy? ;)[/color]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now