Transtic Nerve Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 Yes, well I ventured into more abstract art recently. nd I must say, I'm plesently surprised with myself. Which is totally odd for an artist, but so be it. I painted this in oils. It's still not yet completely dry. But anyway. My first attempt at Oil painting in abstract styles. I've done pencil drawings before, which I have posted somewhere in here. Anyway. I dunno what to name this work... so any suggestions are welcome. Without futher adue, here it is. (CLick on smaller image to see larger image - It also may look better if you make the painting vertical) [list] [url=http://jikannohizumi.hypermart.net/pics/art-s.jpg][img]http://jikannohizumi.hypermart.net/pics/art1-s.jpg[/img][/url] [/list] I am stuck on what to name it... so give me some GOOD suggestions.... not stupid ones....
Kinetic Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 [color=darkblue] Wow, that is awesome. It looks like a chaotic lightness to me...of course...I'm wierd, but wow, that's amazing. I wouldn't know what to name it, I'm not good with names. [/color]
Phantom Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 Obliquated orb of Day??? Twisted Apollo??? Sirocco Pheobus??? Just suggestions Krys...
Juu Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 Whoa, that's cool! um, I'm not so good with names, but... it looks alot like 'middle of day' because half looks like night, and the other, day.
The Harlequin Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 [font=gothic][color=crimson]Great painting. My opinion is that the name should be something along the lines of "trauma".[/font][/color]
Chaos Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 Something of something something something. Happy now Mike? :shifty: Eh, it's all right. The first thing that comes to mind is fire in the wind. Which leads my twisted mind to think of a house burning in the night. "Blaze of Midnight" Woo, crappiness from me. Egh. What do ya want? It's 3 AM...
Phantom Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 I would appreciate it if you dont antagonize me, (goin all neil style pms) .. .Would you stop acting like you know me? lol...
Transtic Nerve Posted July 20, 2002 Author Posted July 20, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i] [B]saikai no mizu to honoo [/B][/QUOTE] I was thinking that might be a good name. A different kinda thing, because not many American artists name their paintings in Japanese or any foreign language. Plus the title itself is somewhat abstract, although not really.... I'll think about it..
wrist cutter Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 If you wanted to be a bit more modern (since abstract art is kind of a modern thing..), you might try "yuukai no mizu to honoo". yuukai = fusion
Phantom Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 Hey thnx wrist cutter.. i sorta need translations hehe.. im not all that good with anything other than english and french lol... *grinz* im liking the whole international go at it.. my suggestions were just reverberations of 'Odd Sun' ...hehe..
Transtic Nerve Posted July 20, 2002 Author Posted July 20, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i] [B]If you wanted to be a bit more modern (since abstract art is kind of a modern thing..), you might try "yuukai no mizu to honoo". yuukai = fusion [/B][/QUOTE] Ohh, I'm liking that. I think thats what I'll name it. Good good... Phantom... no = of mizu = water to = and honoo = fire/flame
Kinetic Posted July 20, 2002 Posted July 20, 2002 [color=darkblue] I like that name. Of Water and Flame. That sounds good...mind if I put that in my sig? :p That sounds cool... [/color]
wrist cutter Posted July 21, 2002 Posted July 21, 2002 Well actually that's just part of the name. I suggested both "The reunion of water and flame", and "The fusion of water and flame"... I guess he preferred the second one.
Transtic Nerve Posted July 21, 2002 Author Posted July 21, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i] [B]Well actually that's just part of the name. I suggested both "The reunion of water and flame", and "The fusion of water and flame"... I guess he preferred the second one. [/B][/QUOTE] You could say those without the word "the" right? It sounds much better. The reason I picked fusion is because, a) yuukai is cooler sounding than saikai (even though thats a Gackt song) and b) Fusion is a more... abstract ideal and a more modern term than reunion.... sounds like I'm meeting a buncha family or old class mates :p Anyway, thank you for the title Jimmy :)
wrist cutter Posted July 22, 2002 Posted July 22, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i] [B]You could say those without the word "the" right?[/B][/QUOTE] Yeah, that's just a silly English thing.
vegeta rocker Posted July 24, 2002 Posted July 24, 2002 whatever you named it its very good. I would love for you to post more. It looks very insightful.
Turkey Posted July 24, 2002 Posted July 24, 2002 It's very well done. I especially enjoy the transition from fire to water. It's very smooth.
PiroMunkie Posted July 24, 2002 Posted July 24, 2002 [color=indigo]I don't really see fire or water in that at all... It looks more like a red balloon right at the moment it pops on a couldy day...[/color]
zidane11 Posted July 24, 2002 Posted July 24, 2002 That's cool, I'll call it "The Mess". J/k I've never had a real foundness for abstract art.
vegeta rocker Posted July 25, 2002 Posted July 25, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i] [B][color=indigo]I don't really see fire or water in that at all... It looks more like a red balloon right at the moment it pops on a couldy day...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] spoken like a true art critic. lol actually...it..does kind of resemble a giant red sea shell....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now