Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
has anybody heard of them. I think that the only song that they have right now is Rock Star. And I think that thier album is called In search of ... .
See I was listing to the DMX channel 905 that is all that they gave me on the album title. So if anyone has heard of them please write if you want. :D
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by sweetie_rei [/i]
[B]has anybody heard of them. I think that the only song that they have right now is Rock Star. And I think that thier album is called In search of ... .
See I was listing to the DMX channel 905 that is all that they gave me on the album title. So if anyone has heard of them please write if you want. :D [/B][/QUOTE]



[COLOR=deeppink]Yeah, I've heard of N.E.R.D. Also known as the Neptunes. They did the music and beat for Britany Spear's song, "Slave For You", or whatever it's called, and dozens of other songs. I think they even had a number one duet-type thing with the Backstreet Boys.


And Rock Star isn't their only song. They have at least one more, "Lapdance" or something like that.[/COLOR]
Posted
Heh, they have a whole CD out, so there is definately more than just those two songs... The CD is called "In Search of..." and has been out for probably months now (has a picture of one of them playing PSX on the cover).

"Lapdance" was the only single I can think of... The only reason I ever got into the group was because Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails did a remix for it. I'm not generally into this type of music, but I thought it was all pretty good.

The band consists of The Neptunes, like Nerdsy said, as well as some other members. I believe there are a lot of guests on the CD as well. They have been around quite a while as producers and such.
Posted
I like NERD...I've started listening to them because they rapped on my favorite CD by their friend Kelis...anyone know of her? Anyway, I when to one of their concerts down here in Georgia...they were slamming the music and the crowd was jumping...I haven't saw that since Ozzfest...
Posted
N.E.R.D.
No one Ever Really Dies.
It's pretty much the music producing team The Neptunes plus one other guy they got to help them produce the album.

I like them. "Lapdance" was kinda good. I mean, it sounded like they saved the best music for themselves, but the verses of the song were kinda bad. The singer of the group, Pharell (the guy who sings in every song they produce) just didn't fit that song.
Posted
I like N.E.R.D., I've seen them in Spears video, and a Clipse video (Grindin). they have their cd on there site and you can listen to parts of the songs and there are videos there also, n-e-r-d.com
Posted
Last I heard N.E.R.D was playing on the Warped Tour at certain spots. I missed the show yesterday, so I don't know if they came to Chicago or not.

I severely doubt they would ever play at Ozzfest.
Posted
I don't particularly care for them, based upon what I've heard of them

Which is only "Rock Star" and that one guy in the BS(take that as you will) remix.

-Justin
Posted
Well I only recently heard them when their video clip was on fly tv last saturday. I suppose their pretty good. .the guy with glasses freaks me out o_O

---

Fly TV is gooooood. .:drool:
Posted
I think the first song by I ever heard produced by The Neptunes was "Caught Out There" by Kelis. Because I know [i]nobody[/i] knows that song by its title, it's the song that goes "I hate you so much right now. AHH!!"
Guest Fly-T
Posted
THey also did that B.S. song Boys the Co-ed remix
and that song 'Grindin' is off the chain!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...