Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
How many GITS fans are out there? Well, what would you say if I told you that Cartoon Network has aquired "Ghost in the Shell TV" for their Adult Swim Action (Saturday night line-up) block? I joke not. No date has been given, but there is a strong chance that it will air on Adult Swim.

Also, Adult Swim has gotten ahold of new episodes of "Big O 2" for any Big O fans out there.

And if you've ever seen "Inu-Yasha," then you should know that Adult Swim has gotten that anime as well.

Sorry, but I don't know about any dates and times. They'll probably begin airing by the end of the year, or early next year.
Posted
[color=indigo][size=1]Where do you get your information and everything? Because I have never heard of this GITS Tv series, either. And I sure hope they don't air InuYasha because it will probably be so ruined and everything...[/color][/size]
Posted
[color=crimson][size=1]I don't see how in the world they have the rights to show Inu-Yasha when I don't even think the anime series has been released in the US yet where you can buy it because I've been looking out for it and everything. But if they did show it, it would be so messed up by stupid dubbing. And then it would become mainstream, and nothing pisses me off more than that! *Dies*

Anywho, yeah I agree with you Seph, that's probably what they'll do because I'VE never heard of no Ghost in the Shell TV series...[/color][/size]
Posted
What does it matter if it's mainstream? If it's good, then it's good. I don't think it should matter who else watches it. Yeah, I know there will be a lot of ignorant casual viewers of the show, but it's not like you [i]need[/i] to listen to them lol.

Either way... I'd watch a Ghost in the Shell show. I had no idea one even existed. I'm still waiting on the damn manga to be translated.

And I don't see any reason why some company can't translate the show just to put it on CN and release it for home use later. It's happened quite a bit already.
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
Well I'm not sure where you got your information from but there is certainly no Ghost in the Shell T.V. Series thats for sure. As for the Big O 2 series well that rumor was confirmed awhile back but to air on Toonami not Adult Swim. The Inu-Yasaha coming over to the US is true though no company has bought the rights to dub it so I don't see how it can be airing on Adult Swim.

Usually a company like CN buys the rights to air an anime after a couple of volumes have been released on video and dvd. So chances are some of your source is rather faulty.
Posted
Oh yeah, I should've explained that... a TV series version of Ghost in the Shell only recently started airing in Japan. I don't even know if it's finished.

Personally, I've never seen Inuyasha. I was just told that Cartoon Network got ahold of it. If it's being showed on Adult Swim, I'm sure it won't be edited too much. I mean, Cowboy Bebop wasn't edited for TV half as much as DBZ.

And I got my info from a friend who heard this announcement at a convention. I'll ask her for more details about this GITS TV series, if you want.
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
I was just in Japan recently their was no plans or even meantioning of a Ghost in the Shell series. So I'm pretty sure your being severely misinformed on that area.
Posted
I don't see it to be possible that Ghost in the Shell would ever be broadcasted on Cartoon Network, it seems too extreme for the likes of that channel.

I haven't heard anything about the new T.V series, maybe because it's new. I'd like to see how it gets on exactly though. :)
Posted
Those of you confused .. there [B]is[/B] actually a Ghost In The Shell series ...

[url]http://animenet.com/guide/showseries.php?series_id=1139[/url]

Also, Endymion, I'm not sure where you got your sources from ... but I hope the " Big 0 2 " one is true :D

Hmm ... already seen Inu-Yashu ...

Adult Swim should show :

Trigun!!!
:devil:
Posted
[color=darkblue]
Yes, I agree that they should show Trigun. I know they have limits, but I think Trigun wouldn't be too bad, and would be a great addition to the show, giving them more ratings. I wouldn't mind seeing it in English, either.
[/color]
Posted
inu yasha is being released here on November 5th....
if you would like any other release dates just ask..... cuz for one reason or another i know whats coming out til next year....
and i am going to die laughing when i see IY on tv....
Posted
YAY! ME WANT TRIGUN! anyway, a GITS TV series? wow. anyway, what would they replace? the shows on AS are popular, except no one stays up watching tenchi or anything, but.....

i don't know how they would cut three of their quality shows.. okay, so i spend the hour after CB watching SNL, but i know that the shows on then are popular too..... but tenchi must DIE. NOW.
Posted
Hey! Quit bad-mouthing Tenchi Muyo! Anyway, I think they didn't show it last Saturday... or I just missed it.

Anyway "Ha!" to all who doubted me! I told you there was a GITS TV series! And about them editing the shows... well, they [i]will[/i] be on Adult Swim, so they'll probably tone it down to TVPG or TV14, instead of TVY7 (excuse the all-caps)
Posted
Quiet Endymion, I got the [B]confirmation link[/B] that supported your Ghost In The Shell series .. so at least give me props ... well ... nice to see one who [B]knows[/B] the Ghost In The Shell series .. :D
Posted
sorry, my influences tell me tenchi should die. and i agree. i son't mind tenchi in tokyo, but really, that ayeka slut is such a priss.

anyway, wow, a GITS series... hwat's it about? i mean, where can it go? that's like making a princess mononoke movie, where can it go?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...