OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy X-2

Semjaza

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zidane [/i]
[B][COLOR=indigo]Hmm I believe Wakka's brother is named Chappu, shouldnt Lulu be involved seeing as she was in love with him? Hmm I like the looks of the FFX spin off, but hmm, it better make a change from FFXI.[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=green]Lulu could be the one on the opposite side to Chappu, not sure though.[/size][/color]

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Conference is over. FFX-2 was shown. So was some of Crystal Chronicles, although a lot more was apparently shown to certain people before the show. The game will make use of the GBA in that the GBA can be used to take the place of the GC controller. It apparently will be up to a 4 player game.

Anyway, here are some pics from FFX-2. IGN will have to do, as I can't find another site with this images as of yet. I don't feel like scouring Japanese sites I can't read right now either lol. There are more at their site.

I can't really tell who the characters in that logo. One is obviously Yuna, but I'm not positive about the rest.

[img]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/ffx2_021022_screen8.jpg[/img]
[img]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/ffx2_021020_art2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/ffx2_021020_screen5.jpg[/img]
[img]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/ffx2_021020_screen16.jpg[/img]
[img]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/ffx2_021020_screen13.jpg[/img]

[IMG]http://ps2media.ign.com/ps2/image/ffx2_021020_art2.jpg[/IMG]

[size=1][color=green]God! This is like FFX: Sex Appeal, look at the character on the left, practically no clothes. The fact that the main characters are all women raises my eyebrow too..[/size][/color]

[color=royalblue]What can I say...this looks great.

I don't think that they are in any way degrading Yuna or anything. Just remember that post Lulu had in FFX when she won -- deliberately leaning down and letting her ample breasts cascade down the front of her dress. lol!

The style suits. It's very "FFX" and screams of the original artist's designs. And that's a good thing.

As for the game itself...if it retains the Sphere Grid, then I'll be a happy man.[/color]

[color=darkblue][size=1]Why is Shy Guy posting in the FF section?

Because I have played a few of the games, and this one looks amazing. Yuna isn't wearing much, but that is what sells video games these days. Maybe soon they will come out with "Beach Spikers: Final Fantasy Edition".

-Shy[/color][/size] :whoops:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]As for the game itself...if it retains the Sphere Grid, then I'll be a happy man.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=green]Lol, I have yet to find out what that thinger-majiger does. *hasn't got FFX*[/size][/color]

I can't even tell what battle system it's using as it is. The fact that the game now has jumping and climing like an action/adventure game is making me think the fights will be different. Not that I think the fights will be realtime, but who knows. I would assume they'd stick with the main FFX ideas though... Why call it FFX-2 if they weren't?

I don't really understand why that "Active Mode" icon is so obvious in the fights though.

I see a similarity to Charlie's Angels here, and about Chappu, its obvious that the three main characters are female, so i don't think he is in the gun-toting Yuna pic. This games looks like it could either be really good, or ruin the FF franchise, and that makes me very nervous.

and in refrence to ginny's earlier part about all the cid arships, FF8 actually was sorta different, the Best airship you got was Ragnarok, which IMO was very nifty, and in order to be able to get to Ultemecia's castle you had to first fly up to the giant black monolith that was going to destroy things. Also I thought FF8 was a very good game, It was fun, relatively original, and had a decent story. I HATED FF9, it sucked, there was nothing there at all, i stopped playing it when i got to the warped-dimension thingie, which is really close to the final boss, because i was so sick of the game.

[color=red] This game looks very interesting indeed. Even more so for the fact that this is the first sequel to any final fantasy ever (well, at least semi-sequel I suppose). But I will have to see before I come to say this will be a wonderful game. We will see. As for the Sphere Grid, I'd love to see it again. It was very intuitive and added a whole new dimension to leveling up that has never been captured in any RPG before. Still, I have my doubts about this game. But I will see when it comes out.

*Wishes Square would make a sequel to all Final Fantasies*[/color]

Yup! Square's making a sequal to a Final Fantasy game!

[url]http://www.playonline.com/ffx2/index.html[/url]

Now...can anyone read Japanese? :)

Anyhow...a quote from the group where I got this.

"Two years following the ending of Final Fantasy X, Spira a world full of technology and Machina, Yuna is popular for her summoning feat so long ago. (She uses Guns for weapons now! GUNS!!! I suppose it makes things easier, though...)
She eventually finds a sphere, holding the memories of a man that somewhat resembles Tidus. And being the beautiful heroine with bold morals, as she is, she runs off in search of him, but once again, the world ends up in peril, and her and her new party-members (one of which is Rikku, the other of which is some un-named unknown feamale), run off to save the planet!!!"

[size=1][color=green]Merged your thread with this already exsisting one. Please next time check to see if a thread like the one that you are thinking of posting exsists. Thank you. -[b]Break[/b][/size][/color]

Hm...intriguing...ne?

Guest QuickSilver
wow looks good. Finally they have decided to make a sequel to a game, but they should have done it to FFVII but still Yuna looks cool with that gun. I will defenately get it.

• 2 weeks later...
Screen Shots: Final Fantasy X-2

Latest Shots | All Shots Square has finally unveiled the game many have been waiting and hoping against hope for -- Final Fantasy X-2. What it lacks in clever titling it makes up for in impact. For the first time, Square is providing a direct sequel to a Final Fantasy game, and one of the most successful and beloved in the series at that.

The game picks up two years after the conclusion of the original adventure. The main character this time around is Yuna. In Japan, when Final Fantasy X was re-released in an English-voiced "International" edition, Square included a teaser movie for "Final Fantasy X: Another Story", which featured a grainy video of a character that was almost certainly Tidus being held in a cell somewhere mysterious. When they see that footage, Yuna, Rikku and Wakka decide to come to their compatriot's aid, and the movie ends. It appears, as has always been suspected, that this was the setup for a new game. We do know that Rikku appears in one screenshot of those Square released.

What we don't know is what's exactly transpired outside of that teaser film. Yuna's new look is turning heads, but as she's half Al-Bhed, it's not too shocking. What we do know is a little more about what's happened to the world of Spira in the two years since Yuna and friends defeated Sin. With the fall of Yevon, machines have gone from anathema to prevalent enhancements of everyday life found at the various temples still dotting the landscape. Seaside town Kilika has been rebuilt after being destroyed by Sin's rage, and although the citizens lack leadership (and still, to some extent, clash with the outcast Al-Bhed) things are moving towards prosperity for the first time since the fall of Zanarkand.

Many enhancements are being made to the game, which sources at Square are quick to point out is a new adventure, not merely a rehash of Final Fantasy X. Gameplay will be changed by a number of new options: first and foremost is the addition of jumping and climbing in the game environments. While FFX-2 is not suddenly metamorphosing into an action game, enhanced interaction with the levels will allow for more emphasis on the game's locales and secret areas. It's a welcome change. Moreover, the game has an "Active Mode" in the battles, although it's still unclear what that means -- whether it's a return to the ATB system used from Final Fantasy IV-IX or something altogether new is unknown.

Given the quality of the title it descends from, and the rich world of Spira poised on a new beginning after the defeat of Sin, there is little doubt that Final Fantasy X-2 will join its predecessor as one of the top PS2 titles. For now, gaze at the screens that Square's released while we wait patiently for March, when the game debuts in Japan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FF X-2 (Going too far?)

Has Square Soft gone too far with this one?

[color=indigo]Combined a couple posts, so you wouldn't have two posts in a row after I merged the three threads. - Desbreko[/color]

Guest Hasta-Krittika
I don't really think so, I mean the zelda games had, like 7 games with the same hero, the same princess, even the same bad guy. Yet all those games are good. I reakon they're streching somthing brilliant over two games. If they pull a 'crazy taxi', however, and strech the idea so far that it puts shame to the great name of Final fantasy. THEN it'll be going a tad too far.

[size=1][color=crimson]Stop with these stupid topics, there is already a three-pager on FFX-2 by Semjaza Azazel, go and post in that.

*sighs*[/size][/color]

[color=indigo]Yes, I think one thread about FFX-2 is enough... We don't need three of them. *merges threads* - Desbreko[/color]

[size=1][color=crimson]Well done *claps* - [b]Break[/b][/size][/color]

• 2 weeks later...
Images of the other FFX-2 title have been shown in a magazine. They star Rikku. I don't have any information, although it seems that the two games share characters.
[img]http://www.home.earthlink.net/~somewhtdamaged/rikku1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.home.earthlink.net/~somewhtdamaged/rikku2.jpg[/img]

• 2 weeks later...
Or actually, it ends [URL=http://www.fffin.com/ff10-2/kuvat.php]here (click this!)[/URL]

It's a Finnish site, but don't let the language bother you -you'll still see the dozens of screenshots, pictures and stuff on that page. ;)

This site has nothing to do with me, it isn't commercial, I just wanted you guys to see this, so I THINK I'm not breaking any rules...

Besides, this is your chance to see the new clothes of Yuna and Rikku, in case you haven't already. Also, the three weird figures next to the "big" Rikku-picture, I think they are the baddies (of course I might be totally wrong :huh: ) Anyways, check out the female between the two oddities -her clothes would make even Lulu blush!:blush:

Hope you like the pics, do check back to the site, as it releases new pics quite often. Thanks!:D

[color=indigo]*sigh* ...There's already a thread about FFX-2. There has been for quite some time now... So why do people keep making new ones about it?! I mean, there've been about five threads about FFX-2 since the original one that Semjaza made about it and FF: Crystal Chronicle.

Bah... *merges this with Semjaza's thread* - Desbreko[/color]

EDIT: Well, excuse me, Desbreko, but if the thread says "FF: Crystal Chronicles" on the headline, how am I able to know it's REALLY about FFX-2?! :therock: I haven't read every thread here, and I DIDN'T see a specific thread about FFX-2 on the first page, so according to the rules, I've done nothing wrong. ;)

PS. The FFfin-site is all messed up now, but you can still see the pics.
~Sage~

[color=indigo]Because it also says "FFX: Another Lord" in the title. :rolleyes:

And Semjaza, I can change the title if you want me to. If so, what do you want it to be changed to? - Desbreko[/color]

Well the fact of the matter is that FFX: Another Lord was the original announced title of FFX-2. I started it before all the news on FFX-2 started hitting most non-Japanese sites, and a good deal before there was any real information on it.

I'm not sure if I can change the title of the thread itself, if I can't I'll ask James to. I don't blame any of you guys for the confusion :).

• 2 weeks later...
Pain looks like a meaner version of Yuna. Serious! Just change the hair and what not. Just to throw the idea out there I am going to say that they are the same person. I know I am probobly wrong but FF has had weirder things in their storys.

But anyway, since I am assuming that the FFX:Another Story goes hand in hand with the FFX-2 Another Lord...that would mean that wherever the party is going it is based on getting Tidus back. Without going into detail, that just isnt very possible.

I have a sound theory about what FFX-2 is going to be, but I cant seem to explain it without spoilers! Gah!

[size=1][color=crimson]Hmm.. interesting character. Doesn't really look like anyone, but reminds me slightly of Lulu because of the colors on her clothes (lack of ~_^). Anyway, this sure is going to be one strange game.. o_O

Is there even a story for it yet?[/size][/color]

Guest QuickSilver
Yeah i agree with Break, it does kinda remind you of LuLu. I wonder if there is going to be any male characters in the game? hopefully Auron or Kumarhi will return