Semjaza

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color=hotpink][size=1]I know this has probably already been asked, but I don't feel like going and looking throughout all of this entire thread, so I figured someone could help me out.

The girl with Yuna, the clone/twin person, can someone PLEASE tell me what's up with her and if she has a name? I'm REALLY curious. Thanks so much! ^_^[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=hotpink][size=1]The girl with Yuna, the clone/twin person, can someone PLEASE tell me what's up with her and if she has a name? I'm REALLY curious. Thanks so much! ^_^[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=crimson]Do you mean the one that looks like Rikku? If you do; it is Rikku and she's with Yuna on a treasure hunt thingy. I think ^^;[/size][/color]

I think she meant Lenne. Asuka, I can answer you: NOBODY KNOWS! I wish I did, but... :(

But what I DO know is that all the dress spheres (or jobs) have been revealed, and they are:
Gunner (Yuna's initial)
Thief (Rikku's initial)
Warrior (Paine's initial)
White Mage
Black Mage
Magic/Dark Gunner (uses enemy skills)
Songstress (like Lenne)
Item Shooter
Gambler
Samurai
Dark Knight
Berserker
Trainer
Mascot (Yuna wears Moogle-suit, Rikku wears Cait Sith-suit and Paine wears Tonberry-suit :D )
Flora Fleur (Yuna's special)
Machina Muzzle (Rikku's special)
Zankio (Paine's special)

OOOOO! I like the Mascot idea!

This reeks of creativity! Can you just image all the great costumes they have to make. Oh man, this is heaven for me. Gotta get the game, gotta gotta gotta!

sage or anyone, do we have new screenshots, for the sphere jobs or otherwise? And a release date over here in the US, for that matter?

[color=hotpink][size=1]I KNOW who Rikku is. I'm talking about the NEW girl, the one that's in this picture right here!

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?postid=382783[/img]

And I know about the Paine girl, too. I just want to know this girl's name.[/color][/size]

[color=003399]It's funny, you all wanna know everything about the game, but when it comes time it's out, there'll be nothing to look forward to, you'll know just about everything you could about it. It'll be like playing a game, and knowing what happens.

I'm trying to stay away from as much stuff as possible, like i did when FFX was first released, i like to be suprised when i play games ^^;;[/color]

I don't mind because I won't be able to get PS2 - not to mention the newer FF-games - until I've found myself a decent job... and that's NEVER going to happen! :p

But I have been trying to get new images everywhere, but nobody seems to have them - well, maybe some japanese sites, but I'm totally lost in them... A random clicking would do little good... Feh.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
REALLY funny, Logan... Don't you think that Lulu and Paine having about three years difference in age would be a bit of a problem? :smirk:

Besides, [spoiler]Lulu is having a baby-boy to Wakka during the game.[/spoiler]

If you want more info, go to [url=http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/34661.html]gamefaqs' Final Fantasy x-2 page[/url]. But despite all my search, I haven't been able to find new pics (of the different dresses and stuff)...

40 my arse!!! Check out this site: [url]http://www.ffonline.com/ff10/lulu.htm[/url]

She was twenty-two!!! And since FFx-2 happens two years later, she's twenty-four in it! Paine's about the same age as Yuna, so there goes your theory... :p

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#808080]I'm really surprised that Lulu is so young. She seems to be at least thirty in the games...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=crimson]She looks young, but acts, as you said, like she's a lot older. Since she is so young, Paine couldn't possibly be her daughter.[/size][/color]

• 3 weeks later...
[size=1][color=darkblue] Well I've been reading previews over and over again and I am very hyped up about this game. However, I'm sure there must be somewhere that states the release date of it for the UK? Damn the UK release dates.

EDIT: Well I have found out the relase for us PAL gamers. Final Fantasy X-2 is said to be released on September 26th. So there you have it.[/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I just found a site that has images for each dress class (even if some are just screen shots), so PM me if you want the link.

Meanwhile, GameStop confirmed that FF:X-2 is coming out Nov. 4--I am beyond excited. Even without Auron in it, the Dress Sphere bit has me extremely hyped.

Read on if you want to learn more about the Dress Spheres (if you don't want to know, then don't read):
[spoiler]
Beserker: Character is dressed like wild animal/cave person. The attacks are all about physical attack and defense.
Black Mage: The Rikku image is pretty common now, and the class should be, too. Four elementals (and [i]why[/i] they have yet to include Earth is beyond me), plus the ability to speed up black magic prep time.
Dark Gunner: Like Gunner, but ?darker. If I understand correctly, Dark Gunner acts as the Enemy Skill class of the game.
Dark Knight: Paine's image is common here. This seems to be the status attack Sphere, with poison, confusion, and petrification among its abilities. Plus, you can learn how to defend against such stuff, too.
Flora Fleur: Yuna's Special (anotherwords, for Yuna use only?). The picture makes her look like some sort of angel, and the info says she can attack multiple times. Um, whoopee? *waits for more info*
Gambler: We've seen the Rikku image, right? This Sphere relies heavily on luck, so it's not a good one for major battles.
Gunner: Yuna's Default. Attack from a distance and eventually become immune to statuses that slow physical attackers down (sleep, dark).
Item Shooter: The image looks strange--like Gunner, but more colorful? Anyways, the Mix command comes back with this one, plus you can use an Item without depleting your stock! VERY nice. Higher levels find the items having a stronger impact.
Machina Muzzle: Rikku's Special. Looks like she's on a giant Machina and using it to fight.
Mascot: Looks silly cool. Yuna-Moogle, Rikku-Cait Sith, and Paine-Tonberry. No info on what it does, though.
Samurai: Another physical type of dress, though this one sometimes depends on how much HP you have (lower HP=higher attack). Paine looks really really colorful in this pic (more traditional Samurai like, too), and she's lugging an Auron type of sword around.
Songstress: No, this isn't the first time this has been done! (Just got FF5, so I know it isn't!) Each dance causes mass status changes. That's right--ALL targets, not just one.
Zankio: Paine's Special. Ok, this one just looks plain freaky. The best way I can describe it is to picture Majora's humanoid form (Majora's Mask), and imagine Paine riding in it like armor. O_o; Said to be an elemental fighting Sphere, but no other info.[/spoiler]

TOO COOL! Heh, can't wait to play this one. There's also some info about preperation time? Some sort of new ATB system?

[size=1][color=CC0000]Some of those dress spheres (well the ones I've seen anywho) are [i]really[/i] weird-looking. Mostly Rikku's black-mage costume (I really don't like it, I thought it was gonna be much simpler but nooooo..) and all of Paine's costumes. They are all so weird, and dark.. and don't look good on her in my opinion. I hope the specials are better. ^_^[/size][/color]

IMO, they all look really bizarre ([i]especially[/i] the Special ones--well, maybe just Paine's, anyway), but you get used to them after awhile. (That's why Auron looks so bizarre in my own version of the Dress Spheres for him. ^^)
~~~~~~
EDIT
Egad, hear the latest from a review on FFX-2 (Yuna Raider):
"In the end, FFX-2 is exactly as envisioned: a cheaply made, cost-effective sequel to FFX that reuses the graphics, characters, enemies, and areas to create a mostly new gameplay experience. You might love it, you might really, really hate it - or, like us, you might be torn between the fun (if short and easy) gameplay experience and the fact that you're groaning every five minutes over the bad jokes and bouncing breasts. If you've been experiencing a growing displeasure with the Final Fantasy series over the past few years, FFX-2 won't bring you back into the fold."

[color=red][b]MAJOR GAMEPLAY SPOILER[/b][/color]
[spoiler]New Game Plus and multiple endings will be included in this game![/spoiler]

Looks like a few names might have been switched, too--remember the lady and two guys trio? It's Leblanc and Logos (Uno) and Ormi (Sano) now. Ouch, and I just stumbled on a major plot spoiler that just blew most of the FFX-2 plot out of the water. *groan* If you want to hear it, PM me--though I'd strongly advise against it.

*does more research on FFX-2*
~~~~~
YET ANOTHER EDIT
Well, looks like this [i]will[/i] be a platformer/RPG game. Turns out you get missions, each with its own rating. Missions include (but are not limited to): [spoiler]dungeon crawling, giving massages, polling people, enjoying a musical performance, etc.
Depending on what mission you perform, you can recieve certain Dress Spheres. [/spoiler]
Rumors say that there will be up to eight playable characters in this game (though no one has provided any proof save for Yuna, Rikku, and Paine), and, depending on your actions at certain times (which missions you take on, etc.), certain missions will become available.
ATB battle system is back, [i]but[/i] it turns out that, depending on what action you take, your ATB bar will be reduced (items take 1/2, magic 3/4).

I'm liking the sound of this game more and more! :D

Am I spoiling too much? If so, edit away. *bounces off and waits excitedly for Nov.*

[url=http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/34661.html]Choose "Ability/Dress FAQ" for complete Dress Sphere information[/url]