Final Fantasy X-2

Semjaza

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sorry i have issues with periods and other forms punctuation. also i'm not really new to this board i was banned from here atleast twice cause when i first came here i had really big mouth. thats getting off topic well if you need any more type of help just pm or maybe im .
i really like the game fun but i its a simple game well for me it was i'm only missing one dress sphere lady luck i couldn't beat shinra T_T

[center][color=indigo]- - - - - - - - - - - - -[/color][/center]

can anyone help me here i'm having a really hard time with it. even though i have a book for it i can barely chip away any of his hp . i spent an hour and i chiped away 10,000 hp from him and that was all . he just makes me wanna kill my self .

[quote name='Satori Night']Hi! I already know the ending of FFX-2!!! It's really bad and it's all BoA's fault!!!![/quote]

This is really nowhere near the post quality that we strive for here at OtakuBoards - it's really frowned upon to just jump in and say that you hate the ending of FFX-2 without any rhyme or reason (so to speak). A little elaboration would go a long way, I think. Why do you dislike the ending of FFX-2? What about the other parts of the game? Was it generally a good experience for you? And so on.

And remember to use spoiler tags if you ever decide to post about the game's ending, heh.

And, CrH, please do not play mod...your post was pretty spammy, as well, and it's just one more thing for us to deal with. Thanks.

[quote name='Shinmaru']And, CrH, please do not play mod...your post was pretty spammy, as well, and it's just one more thing for us to deal with. Thanks.[/quote]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Purple]*laughs maniacally*

I bought this game Monday (finally), and I like it.

Already, I'm about 17 hours into it, and I just got through the Yunapalooza part.

I have to say, it ****in' stinks. I was disappointed, least of all amused. [spoiler]I thought it was gonna be lighthearted song, with Rikku in it, too, but no. All Yuna did was whine and moan about...welll...the usual. It just didn't seem to suit the game [i]at all.[/i] Halfway through it, I was just thinkin': [i]"God, is it OVER yet? I thought this was supposed to be a concert to lighten everybody up, not make them bawl or cringe!"[/i] R&B sucks, and of all the types of music to put in this game. :nope:[/spoiler]

The only song I like in this game so far is the BGM in Besaid. And I wish you could download stuff from your FFX saved data, like all the Al Bhed Primers, so you don't have to do it all over again. :cross:

And still, Rikku remains to be my favorite character! The only thing that bothers me about her is how much she and Brother have in common. It's almost [i]too[/i] unsettling. I mean, the way he moves around...you figured he'd be trying his hand at yoga! :cross: Well, I'm just grateful Rikku doesn't act the was HE does.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Shinmaru']This is really nowhere near the post quality that we strive for here at OtakuBoards - it's really frowned upon to just jump in and say that you hate the ending of FFX-2 without any rhyme or reason (so to speak). A little elaboration would go a long way, I think. Why do you dislike the ending of FFX-2? What about the other parts of the game? Was it generally a good experience for you? And so on.[/quote]

Um. I'm 99% sure that this person did not play all of the game nor did they see the ending for themselves. Seems rather obvious that the user known as BoA posted something about the ending and ruined it for this person. As such, I don't really know how they can answer those questions.

Guest SplendorSeal
[COLOR=Navy]Okay so I read through the FFx-2 area and I didn't see this posted so I thought you might like to know. YOU CAN PLAY AS TIDUS. Yep thats right , I got this from gamespot.com , its really cool. To play as Tidus you need to start new game plus after getting 100% (perfect ending) , then in battle hold L1+R1+(X or Triangle or square to play as him.I wrote it down yesterday when I saw it and thought it would be nice for others to get to have fun with it too. P.S. TRY USING DIFFERENT DRESSPHERES ON HIM ,AND LAUGH YOUR BUTT OFF!!!! :D [/COLOR]

And I think you're having us all on, mate. I've never heard of such a thing, and I know people who have done everything to do with the game. At least not in the American version.

[spoiler]In [i]FFX-2: International + Last Mission[/i] (which is Japan only) there's a way to play against Tidus, Auron and Seymour in some kind of Coliseum thing,[/spoiler] but I can't remember all the details.

Guest SplendorSeal
[quote name='SplendorSeal][COLOR=Navy']Okay so I read through the FFx-2 area and I didn't see this posted so I thought you might like to know. YOU CAN PLAY AS TIDUS. Yep thats right , I got this from gamespot.com , its really cool. To play as Tidus you need to start new game plus after getting 100% (perfect ending) , then in battle hold L1+R1+(X or Triangle or square to play as him.I wrote it down yesterday when I saw it and thought it would be nice for others to get to have fun with it too. P.S. TRY USING DIFFERENT DRESSPHERES ON HIM ,AND LAUGH YOUR BUTT OFF!!!! :D [/COLOR][/quote]

Well as it turns out the person on gamespot.com who originally posted this message was just playing a joke, I don't see it as much of a joke though. Sorry for giving you all bad info. Man I hope he gets introuble for lying. :mad: :flaming: And here I was getting ready to play my game all over again just to see if it really worked. Next time I'll try it out before I post it. Once again , my appologizes. :(

[FONT=Arial]FFX the best game in the ff series. i like the characters. There so Human like . I like Yuna the best cuz shes pretty. Wuts with rikku's eyes people there like swirly things. And not to mention wakka's hair. Holy cow man his hair is wacked but its pretty funny. Tidus is the best i made myself look exactly the same as him and in my workplace im constructing a life size steel brotherhood sword ffx rocks. Oh and FFVII really isnt that good the graphics are really bad.[/FONT]

[size=1][color=blue]This post is really off-topic o_O You don't really talk about FFX-2 at all here...try to stay on topic, please. Thanks. - Shinmaru[/size][/color]

Info on FF X-2 Last mission...... DAMN YOU JAPAN!!!!!!!!!! Us Americans are withering in pain :(.

Well, when you preorder it, you will receive a Songstress Yuna key chain. The game will (always) come packaged with a Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children trailer containing scenes from the TGS trailer, and some new scenes. So they're lucky [strike]bitches[/strike] >_<. Here's the rest of the info..... SPOILERS CONTAIN!!!! Magic Spoiler tag! *cricket cricket*

[spoiler] ~What's new?

Final Fantasy X-2: International is quite significantly different to the original "Final Fantasy X-2" released in Japan. The game bears various new features, including English Voice-Acting, several new minigames and the ability to have quite a number of different NPC's in your party. This is quite different to previous "International" releases, which usually contained nothing more than what was included in the American (and/or PAL) versions of the game. The game includes not only these new features, but also it will be packaged alongside a new scenario entitled "Last Mission". "Last Mission" will be discussed in section 2.

~New Characters

As if answering the collective prayers of every "Final Fantasy X-2" player so far, Square Enix have wisely decided to include the ability to have more playable characters in your party than just Yuna, Rikku and Paine. From what we know so far, you will be able to have (at the very least) Leblanc, Logos (Sanô), Ormi (Unô), Brother (Aniki) and Buddy (Dachi) in your party. Other speculated characters include Nooj, Baralai and Gippal.

From what we have been shown so far, it appears the other party members are available by capturing them through the creature create feature.

~New Dresspheres

The main game (and possible Last Mission) will include two new dresspheres. One of them is known to be "Psychicer", and the other one is called "Festivalgoer".

Psychicer [[img]http://www.angeltowns.com/members/ffx2osg/international/images/saikikka-.png[/img]]

Psychicer is a brand new dressphere that uses a mystical force to create various "miracles". [url=http://www.zdnet.co.jp/games/ps2/ffx-2inter/images/phot/02.jpg][Yuna][/url] [url=http://www.zdnet.co.jp/games/ps2/ffx-2inter2/images/phot/01.jpg][Rikku][/url] [Paine]

The following is a list of the currently known commands for Psychicer:

Attack [[img]http://www.angeltowns.com/members/ffx2osg/international/images/tatakau.png[/img]]
Psychic [[img]http://www.angeltowns.com/members/ffx2osg/international/images/saikikku.png[/img]]
-- Psycho Bomb [[img]http://www.angeltowns.com/members/ffx2osg/international/images/saikobomu.png[/img]]
Damage to all enemies.
-- Telekinesis [[img]http://www.angeltowns.com/members/ffx2osg/international/images/terekineshisu.png[/img]]
-- Brainstorm [[img]http://www.angeltowns.com/members/ffx2osg/international/images/bureinsuto-mu.png[/img]]
-- Time Trip [[img]http://www.angeltowns.com/members/ffx2osg/international/images/taimutorippu.png[/img]]
Even on enemies immune to Stop, using Time Trip can make them stop so it's effective on all sorts of enemies.
-- MASER Eye [[img]http://www.angeltowns.com/members/ffx2osg/international/images/me-za-ai.png[/img]]
Damage to one enemy.
Teleportation [[img]http://www.angeltowns.com/members/ffx2osg/international/images/terepote-shon.png[/img]]
Excellence [[img]http://www.angeltowns.com/members/ffx2osg/international/images/ekuserensu.png[/img]]

Festivalgoer [omatsurishi]

Very little is currently known about this new dressphere. Several abilities have been seen so far, "kôri no geta" ([wooden] clogs of ice) and an ability that uses fireworks, amongst some others.

-- kôri no geta
Depending on how the clogs are positioned, you can cast "Blizzard", "Blizzara", "Blizzaga" or "Blizzaga 2".

~New Result Plate

The new Result Plate is one that can be used for captured fiends, it is named "Imawashiki Mamono", meaning something like "Vile Fiend".

~New Bosses

In the "creature create" coliseum, you will be able to fight some new bosses. Amongst these new bosses are three returning characters from Final Fantasy X, Tidus, Auron and Seymour. Another of the bosses is currently known as "Emerald" (name not verified), who is supposed to be one of the hardest bosses ever.

~Creature Create

Creature Create is not exactly as it may sound. It does not allow you to craft your own beast as the name may imply, rather, you can capture monsters by placing "pods" and train them. Once they have been captured, you can enter them into tournaments, play them off against other captured monsters in "versus" mode or put them into your party alongside 2 other party members (which may or may not include another monster). It has been shown that it is also possible to enter NPC's into the "versus" mode, and (whilst not official) possibly Yuna, Rikku and Paine. Once you have trained your monster to a certain level, you are given the option of releasing them. If you choose to release them, you can collect a "story", a short piece about how the monster became a fiend and maybe even more. From what I have gathered so far, you can collect "stories" for viewing at a later date. Perhaps you will be able to gain rare and otherwise unattainable items through this mode... perhaps even a new dressphere?

~~ Last Mission ~~

~What's this?

"Last Mission" is another scenario set 2 months after the end of "Final Fantasy X-2". The game is set in a completely new area, featuring completely new dialogue and even a brand new exploration/battle system! The whole mission is supposed to take somewhere around 20 hours to complete, not including story-sequences, of which they will be around 4-5 times the length of "Another Story: Eien no Nagisetsu", the epilogue from "Final Fantasy X: International". The actual mission, it seems, will be playable without even having played FFX-2 at all, but you will not see any story-sequences unless you have valid clear data from the main game.

~Storyline

"Last Mission" is set 3 months after the end of FFX-2. The girls receive a letter telling them to head to Luca Stadium. One of the letters contains a familiar line, from the start of FFX: "East block, in the front row. Fifth from the right."

Once they arrive, they find another letter (or letters) that tells them to head to "Yadonoki no Tou", a recently discovered ruin, that Paine seems to know the general area of.

~Game System

The entire system for "Last Mission" has been revamped. The ATB has been done away with once more, and so have most of the typical "Final Fantasy" stereotypes. The battle and exploring scenes now seem to be integrated into a 3rd-person adventure style RPG. As you move around and defeat enemies you still gain experience, but you will level up in "real-time", the "Level Up" symbol will appear above your head and a log will appear with information such as "Yuna's is now level 3!" and "HP has risen 3 points!". It appears you will also be able to change dresspheres, but the method to do this is currently unknown.

You will be able to save on some levels, and by using a certain item (or items). There will be various traps set throughout the dungeon. All of the 16 dresspheres from "Final Fantasy X-2 International" will be available, which includes "Psychicer" and the other one, but excludes the special dresspheres "Flora Fleur", "Machina Muzzle" and "Zankiou". Apparently there will also be a dressphere hidden somewhere in the tower. New abilities will also be available to use.

During the course of the game, you will be able to change party members via the "Member Change" ability available in the Songstress.

~Rumours (potential spoilers if true)

~It has been rumoured that it is Shinra who sent the letters to the girls, because there was something he wants at the top of the tower...

~It has been rumoured that "Last Mission" will forge more of a connection between "Final Fantasy X-2" and "Final Fantasy VII".

~It has been rumoured that "Last Mission" will uncover more information about the relationship between Paine, Nooj, Baralai and Gippal.

~It has been rumoured that a new ending will appear in either the main game, or in "Last Mission".

~Miscellaneous

~The main game will be voiced in English, and have Japanese subtitles only.
~Last Mission will have Japanese voices only.
~Because of the differences in "Last Mission", no items or experience will be retained when you start, even with clear data.
~Apparently there will be a very unexpected appearance in the tower.
~Some balancing in the game has been "tweaked", as far as items are concerned.
~Creature create has it's own % Completed counter.

[/spoiler]

Sorry if it's already posted.... Credits to the Unofficial FFX-2 International + Last Mission web site.

Edit: Can't believe bitches isn't censored XD.

Can some one help me, what are all the endings to FFX-2, I'd appreciate your help!
I've only seen one, and I can't wait to find out about the other endings.
Also, does anyone else believe there is a link between Shuyin and Him!(Tidus)!!!

[size=1][color=blue]Merged this thread with the FFX-2 thread. - Shinmaru[/size][/color]

I like FFX-2. But I think FFX was a little better. Still, FF7 was, IMO, THE best FF game to me. FFX-2 has very good replay value. Getting the items,100 percent, and the Garment Grid system.

But FFX had Auron,a monster arena, you can unlock secret places on the airship,you got to use summons, and Blitzball was easier.

Now FF7, THAT game was the best. And it was orignal. The Golden Saucer was a great add-on, The storyline was the best I've seen, The chracters were my favorite and inspired me to play RPG's, The Materia system, The number of vehicles, the music, and the bosses.

I'll rate them.

FFX-2:9/10
FFX:9.5/10
FFVII:10/10

Sorry, I just don't talk much. But I will do better.

[size=1][color=blue]It would be nice if you could put a little more input as to exactly WHY you didn't like FFX-2 as much as FFX or FFVII. - Shinmaru[/size][/color]

[quote name='Shinmaru']Please put more thought into your posts or I or someone else will be forced to shut this thread down. Thanks.[/quote]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=deepskyblue]*harps and choir sing gracefully, sky illuminates, clouds part, a golden staircase emerges, pillars if golden light spill from the heavens*[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Purple]*an omnipresent female voice echoes* No, worries, Shinmaru, I have arrived.

I have more to say about this game than I did before. Slap me, because when I said that the ATB gauges were too slow (in my Frusterating Moments thread) I realized I could just go to the [b]Customize[/b] menu and chage the ATB speed to "Fast." Sometimes I doubt my observancy.

And as for the ending, [spoiler]I was about 65% done (not too bad on first attempt) and got the stupid one where the three of them are laying down on the deck of the Celsius, while Yuna's yelling at Brother to go faster and higher. It was...[i]so damn stupid.[/i] Which is why I'm more willing to aim for 100%. ^_~*[/spoiler]

Not to mention the song "1000 Words" blew chunks bigger than my head. The singer's voice (don't care who sings it) was [i]too[/i] loud and prominent, and didn't "flow" well. It didn't blend in with the music at all. It sounded forced. Seriously. [spoiler]That song, in my opinion, ruined the ending for me.[/spoiler]

Speaking of music, they didn't have anything true to the series other than chocobos, Tonberries, and the stupid Mascot dresshperes. [spoiler]What I mean is, no familiar tunes, particularly at the end of the credits (or near the end).[/spoiler] Ever since I started FFX a couple of years ago, I dreaded future installments were going to feel more like offshoots than an actual game from the Final Fantasy series. I know the composer/music director for FFX-2 wasn't good 'ol Uematsu (which is what disappointed me), and I found that stupid.

I haven't touched FFXI yet, that game has to wait 'til school's over with, so I can't use it to compare. My point is, FFX-2 feels more like an offshoot than a sequel. I couldn't help but feel bothered when I heard the developers were working on two or more Final Fantasies simutaneously.

Overall, I like FFX-2 as a game itself. It's fun, and I like the Job System (don't correct me, it's a personal preference). And I'm glad Rikku's still in the game. And she looks pretty damn cool as a Warrior and Alchemist. But for some reason, she seems a bit more childish than she was in FFX.

I thought it was funny (they were in Kilika to check out the hubbub about an "awesome sphere") when Rikku said "Oh, poopie!" and started doing a mix of stomping and hopping up and down. And it's funny when her and Brother start fighting. Then there's the "I'm gonna kick you in the spleen!" line she says randomly at the start of a battle. o_O

And Paine is so damned boring. ~_~ However, I do like her occasional comments on Rikku and Yuna acting stupid (particularly Yuna). I also like her comments on Brother. I can't quite recollect any right now, but I know they were amusing, if not predictable.

Good game, though. I like the chocobo deal--it reminds me so much of FFVII. *sighs*[/color][/size]

[quote name='dark_serena][SIZE=1][COLOR=Purple]Not to mention the song "1000 Words" blew chunks bigger than my head. The singer's voice (don't care who sings it) was [i]too[/i] loud and prominent, and didn't "flow" well. It didn't blend in with the music at all. It sounded forced. Seriously. [spoiler]That song, in my opinion, ruined the ending for me.[/spoiler][/color'][/size][/quote]
[color=indigo]Well, I never thought I'd actually be replying to this thread with a comment on the game -- since I've never actually played it -- but here I am. Odd how things like that work, heh.

Anyway, is the song dubbed? If so, that may be the reason for your comments on 1000 Words. Myself, I downloaded the OST for FFX-2, and I thought the song (the orchestral version anyway) was easily the best song on the OST. Pretty much just the opposite of your comments. But, I've got the Japanese version, and if they dubbed the song I suspect it lost something in the translation. I really like the Japanese singer, and I think the lyrics (even if I can't understand them) flow well with the music.

So yeah, if it's a dubbed version that you dislike, I'd recommend trying to find the original Japanese version.[/color]

[QUOTE=dark_serena][SIZE=1][COLOR=Purple]And as for the ending, [spoiler]I was about 65% done (not too bad on first attempt) and got the stupid one where the three of them are laying down on the deck of the Celsius, while Yuna's yelling at Brother to go faster and higher. It was...[i]so damn stupid.[/i] Which is why I'm more willing to aim for 100%. ^_~*[/spoiler]
[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1]You are aware that even if you got 100% you'd still get that ending. You see, the trick is pressing 'x' during the scene on the farplane. Then you get the 'Good' ending. The normal ending sucks arse.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='CrH][FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1]You are aware that even if you got 100% you'd still get that ending. You see, the trick is pressing 'x' during the scene on the farplane. Then you get the 'Good' ending. The normal ending sucks arse.[/SIZE][/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]

[size=1][color=purple][i]What?[/i] What the hell are you talking about?

No, I've never heard about it. If it's true, then what's the point in getting 100%? :confused:

And please tell me what "Farplane Scene" you're talking about and when I should press "X". Spoiler tags of necessary.[/color][/size]

It's after the "Destiny" FMV- the one where [spoiler]Yuna meets Shuyin. After Nooj and Baralai hand over their Crimson Spheres, there's the scene with Yuna talking to herself. After she says [i]"I'm all alone..."[/i], keep mashing X through the rest of the scene. At four points you'll hear Tidus whistle.

I think you have to listen to Maechen's little segue in Chapter 3 in Guadosalam also.[/spoiler]

• 1 year later...
Guest darkmist
kay, i'm at chapter 3, in Kilika woods, Dona said to use the treetops or something like that, but i dont know where to go...

[color=#4B0082]Merged this with the original FFX-2 thread. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

[quote name='Aiyisha][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]Run into every mob of guards blocking the path, then go back to the fork in the road. Take the left fork, and Paine will say something, and you'll be taking the trees.[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]

i just ran around pressing square....

but i think you have to beat the guards, THEN press square, or something obscure like that.