OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy X-2

Semjaza

[color=#507AAC]I'm really looking forward to FFX-2. It's looking very nice so far.

But I hope that they fix a few things. Namely, the lip synching (which was often pretty horrible).

And...I hope. Yuna. Will stop. Pausing. Between. Sentences. It's very. Annoying.

-_-

When she's excited or something and speaks "fluidly", she sounds great. But that constant robotic pausing...argh. It was very distracting. It made the dialogue sound forced. By comparision, just about all the other characters were done very well.

I also hope that the characters' hair is a little less "plastic" this time around. So far, FFX-2 doesn't look to be a whole lot better (visually) than FFX. Although, FFX [i]does[/i] still look beautiful.

But, yeah...a huge overhaul is not needed; just a few important tweaks in terms of voices and animation...and that'll make the world of difference.[/color]

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#507AAC]I'm really looking forward to FFX-2. It's looking very nice so far.

But I hope that they fix a few things. Namely, the lip synching (which was often pretty horrible).

And...I hope. Yuna. Will stop. Pausing. Between. Sentences. It's very. Annoying.

-_-

[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red]Lol, I'm. With. Jeh-Rah. There. Right? I. Very. Well. Am.

Errg..._-_

Yes, I really hope they improve on the lip synching this time around. It really was annoying in the game. From those shots, this game looks very good so far. Let's hope square can deliver.[/color]

The lip synching was so hit and miss. I can't expect it to be perfect, but sometimes it's not even close. It's as if the sound has a second delay at times.

I do agree about Yuna. The most annoying thing is when she says "Yes." She says it so quickly, and then pauses. Even more annoying is the fact that they use that same exact recording of "yes" for almost every single damn time she says it.......BLAH.

You do have to take into account that FFX was localized extremely fast, and came out earlier than was first announced. I'm sure if they spent more time on it they could fix the voices up.

Anyway, here is a promotional movie for the game. It's in WMV format.
[strike][url]http://www.videogamerx.net/game_movie/01/31/FFX2/ffx2.wmv[/url][/strike]

I don't think the music could be any more lame though.

The price is interesting, as it's something like $70 bucks. I've been told that most RPGs, especially those from Square, are sold for more money because of the development costs. PEople obviously buy them anyway heh.

Edit - Looks like they removed the link hehe. I have it if anyone really wants to see. It shows an entire scene from the game, along with nice Japanese voiceovers.

[color=royal blue]:bawl: The link is not working for me!

And I'm glad someone else noticed Yuna the Annoying Lip Syncer. That whole "Yes" bit coupled with a bow, then she'd wait... Or if someone was talking to her, expecting an answer, she'd wait....THEN say "Yes."

*grumbles*[/color]

[color=#507AAC]*nods*

The lips never moved enough either -- in most cases they were very stiff-looking.

But it wasn't so much the lip synching that bothered me. I just hated the way Yuna [i]frequently[/i] paused. It was SO annoying.

You'll notice, when she writes that letter (I think that's what she's doing...a letter or a diary, about her guardians), she actually sounds totally fine when she's talking about something humorous or something. I mean, she'll speak in a fluid constant sentence.

But when she's talking normally, it's almost as if she's having bowel trouble...and it bothers me greatly. -_-;;

I hope they fix it in FFX-2. I [i]really[/i] do.

[/color]

You can get the trailer from [url]www.gameforms.com[/url] as well (that's the source I got those pictures in my previous post). It is EXTREMELY cool, though I didn't hear any voices (the school-computers don't have any speakers in them...).

I wonder if that groovy guy (Ginny said Mr. Mech?) is somekind of enemy in this game... He looks a bit... ominous. I read somewhere that in FFX-2 there is a certain group [spoiler]who will bring back the teachings of Yevon (who the heck he might be... :blush: ), but it also said Kamome-group is somewhat neutral in that issue...[/spoiler]. So figure THAT out! :rolleyes:

[color=royal blue]About Yu Yevon: [spoiler]Yu-Yevon was pretty much the guy who started the whole Sin/Shin problem. When Zanarkand, his place of residence, got into a major war with another big city (I forget which, exactly), it seemed like Zanarkand would lose. Yevon got all the people together and had them give up their selves (the first Fayths) to make this MASSIVE summon, which would later be known as Sin. Sin is pretty tail-whooping powerful, so a myth was started that if a summoner could defeat Sin, it would go away...though only for a short time. And at a costly price (major spoiler, I won't touch that). [/spoiler][/color]

Well, I did some digging up, and I found out that the groovy guy with glasses and weird hair is called [b]Nuji[/b], and he's apparently one of the playable characters.

I also got some more info about this Yevon-situation (btw, thanks Ginger for the clarification!) [spoiler]the group spreading Yevon's teachings calls itself "New Yevon" (teh, I luv NY! :P ), and it is opposed by the "Youth Alliance" (japanese name Ajichi or something like that...), and apparently Nuji is part of the Alliance, being a goodie.[/spoiler]

Also, two more classes have been announced: Gambler and Dark Knight.

Well, when I learn more, you'll be the first (and the only) I tell! ;)

There is also... a singing scene.

Yuna gets onstage and has to perform before an audience (apparently to distract people so Rikku and whoever can do something).

There is a video of it around, although I've not seen it. Yuna's singing voice is some famous jpop star, but I forget her name. The dancing is apparently motion capped from her too, although according to what I've been told, the singer isn't a good dancer heh.

Apparently "Pop Star" is another class as well, but I'm not sure of the truth in that.

This might replace the "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHA" scene in FFX as the most embarassing RPG cutscene ever.

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=349560[/IMG]

[color=royal blue]Oh...my...:faint:

Hey, the laughing scene wasn't [i]that[/i] bad. Well...it woulda been better if Yuna had looked so freakin' STIFF! (But then, that's the characterization showing there--properly brought up Summoners aren't supposed to show emotion, right?) The idea was well meant, the execution just went wrong.

I can see an oppurtunity for some really good music in this cutscene, though. [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GinnyLyn [/i]
[B][color=royal blue]I can see an oppurtunity for some really good music in this cutscene, though. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=crimson]It could be really good, or very very bad.

I don't think the "HAHAHAHAHHAHAAAHAAAAHAAAHAAHAHAAHA" could have been changed [i]any[/i] way to make it less embarassing. Especially when your mother is in the room when the scene comes on ¬_¬[/size][/color]

*Major spoiler warning!*

Okay, new info: I wrote earlier that there were two competing parties in FFx-2, which are [spoiler]Youth Alliance Ajito and New Yevon[/spoiler]. The android-ish guy with strange hairdo (Nuji/Nooj) is the leader of the first one, but it is revealed (or rumored) that Yuna can [spoiler]choose between the two parties in which she will join[/spoiler], thus making the game much less linearic.

The job-system now holds such jobs as Black Mage, White Mage and Popstar (!). Check out [url]www.gameforms.com[/url] for more info - and a pic of Rikku in Black Mage-costume.

[color=#808080]I just hope that Yuna is less stiff in this game -- especially with her speech! Blegh, that annoyed me to no end in FFX.

Based on those pictures, I can imagine the scene having great animation. But to do that bit successfully, it's going to rely on having a good song (in other words, not one of the sappy Japanese numbers from Shenmue lol).

Plus...I wish they would stop changing how characters look. Do you notice the subtle differences between Yuna's face there and how she looks in FFX? They've given her more sharp features...it is just kinda weird.

I don't think she looks [i]bad[/i] now. But at least keep some continuity there. lol[/color]

[COLOR=royalblue]Don't forget the Ronso's.... augh...

It looked almost purposly crappy there, their lips never once stopped moving, lol...

The only thing i want from FFX-2 is a great storyline...[/COLOR]

al i want from ffx is tidus back and another good storyline and also BLITZBALL!!! oh yeah and that nuji guy is no auron less he carries a big *** sword and don't forget auron had a pigtail

[size=1][color=crimson]Language.. -[b]Break[/b][/size][/color]

• 3 weeks later...
So many people said Auon was in FFX-2, only because they wanted him to be in there. Look's like Ginny has competition.

I have to say, I'm really starting to like this job-changing idea. I especially like the costume part. I wish there were a few mre classes. Everything seemed a little basic. I'd add a few if I could.
The Yuna singing video is awesome. Ive watched it over a million times. I can't stop.
The song is Real Emotion by Koda Kumi. Nice.

I don't think Auron would be playable even if he was in the game.
I mean - the only playable characters (that I know of) are three girls. (*Paine, Rikku, and Yuna)

As for Nooj/Nuji's hair, i think it's fine. i just have trouble with is feathery jump suit.

*Paine is the "whoeve" Semjaza mentioned. :) Incase anyboy didn't know. (I have a feelign everyone else did)
[img]http://ffx2.com/images/artwork/big/13.jpg[/img]

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, a lot more info has been released about FFx-2 since I last posted to this thread. Hmm, where to begin...

[u]Release date:[/u]
13.3., the release date of this game in Japan, is really close now, but I read that the US release would be targetted to November this year! ( yes,good for you Americans... :rolleyes: )

[u]Gameplay:[/u]
The job-system is called "Result Plate". A whole bunch of new jobs (and cool outfits) are revealed: Black Mage, Samurai, Dark Gunner (aka. Blue Mage), Popstar, and the latest, Trainer. Others are Fighter, Fencer, Bard and Gambler - and much more is probably coming.
[img]http://www.gameforms.com/games/ps2/ffx-2/media/media32/blackmage.jpg[/img][img]http://www.gameforms.com/games/ps2/ffx-2/media/media32/dgunner.jpg[/img][img]http://www.gameforms.com/games/ps2/ffx-2/media/media32/samurai.jpg[/img]
Okay, here we see Black Mage-Rikku, Dark Gunner-Yuna and Samurai-Paine.

[u]New characters:[/u]
Many of the FFX sidecharacters are said to make an appearance in the sequel as well, such as Cid, Isaaru, Maroda, Shelinda and Dona.
[img]http://www.gameforms.com/games/ps2/ffx-2/media/media33/ff3.jpg[/img][img]http://www.gameforms.com/games/ps2/ffx-2/media/media33/ff4.jpg[/img][img]http://www.gameforms.com/games/ps2/ffx-2/media/media33/ff5.jpg[/img]
These are Balalai, Nooj and Gippl, leaders of different organizations. To what I've learned, Balalai is the leader of Al-Bhedian Machina Faction, Nooj is the leader of Youth Alliance and Gippl the head of Nex Yevon. Apparently Kamome-group (Yuna's and Rikku's) is trying to suffle between these three.

And here's my favorite: Ren/Lenne!!!:love: She's GOURGEUS!!! Oh, who she is? She's the most famous singer in all Spira, and in some part of the game, she does a duet with Yuna.
[img]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=366583[/img]

Okay, here's all I can fit in here (though I have dozen other pics, but they're simply too big...). As the Japanese release date comes, I'm sure I can *spoil* you some more, so until then...

Actually, that reminds me about Lenne.
[spoiler]I'm pretty sure Lenne doesn't do a duet with Yuna (I'm prolly wrong though). If you've seen the singing video, you'll notice Yuna wears the exact same clothes as Lenne. Yuna uses the dress spheres to turn into different jobs, including the singer.
The dress spheres contain the memories of the person who sued them. In this case Yuna gets the memories of Lenne. In those memories she replaces Lenne with hersel.f she also replaces a man who looks INCREDIBLY like Tidus with tthe Tidus she knows.
But just who is this look alike Tidus? [url=http://www.angelfire.com/gundam/saberblade/ffx2c.txt]Take a look[/url].[/spoiler]

And supposedly, since the temples and teachings have been revealed as a bunch of lies to cover up the truth, the people go in search pof spheres, which have the truth within them. So naturally, Sphere Hunting has become a popular profession.

And no aeons are abled to be summoned, but in one picture there is something that looks incredibly like Bahumut. no aeon summoned, nut who says they won't play a part in the game? (I'm sure someone's said this already)

*Anticipates*

My thoughts (MAJOR FFX SPOILER INCLUDED):

[spoiler]Even though that guy looks plenty like Tidus, it could be that the Tidus lookalike and Lenne are meant to be doing some sort of show paralleling the real Tidus and Yuna's story.

But I still hold that Tidus should be in FFX-2 for the fact that Braska, Jecht, and Auron *sniffle* gave up their Pyreflies to help Tidus to "live" again. So perhaps that [i]is[/i] the real Tidus, and something funky has happened where he is a manager for Lenne, he comes up with this dream memory distant, familiar story about boy saving girl, and Yuna recognizes the story (I doubt anyone outside the FFX group knew what actually happened). She then switches with Lenne to jog Tidus' memory. [/spoiler]

My theory, anyway. And I like the sound of these new Spheres. Lots of Arists being used for this game. *is happy about that*

lol

I just said all that to Tasis earlier today, and to someone else a while back when the latest lookalikes were first shown.

Considering quite a few people are coming to that conclusion, I'd have to say it's the most likely.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by HyperShadow [/i]
[B]I took a peak at the first part of FFX-2's script.
I've noticed something. Yuna narrrates like Tidus did.
*Wonders* [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=003399]Well, she [i]is[/i] the main character. [/COLOR]