Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Foredaddy [/i]
[B]Is that the girl who played Rudy on the Cosby Show? [/B][/QUOTE]

No, she was on [i]A Different World[/i] and she's Will Smith's wife (recorded a song with him recently).
Posted
[size=1] Ah, I've seen [i]The Matrix[/i] so many times I know what the next person is going to say. I am extremely happy about Reloaded. But is Revolution the third movie in the [i]Matrix[/i] saga? I also heard that Reloaded and Revolution are being filmed at the same time. Is that true? But will it interfer with the quality of it?

I have a question, its about the images that Matt posted. The twin white guys, are they like the super protype of a regular agent? Or are they perfected and they are more powerful then the regular agents? Does anyone know this information?

I too, hope that they have some fights in Zion. I think it would be cool. I would like to see something like the agents get the codes for Zion's Mainframe, and I want to see what the "gang" will do to prevent this? I think it would be pretty cool in Reloaded or Revolution that The Matrix takes over Zion and they inflitrate all parts left, and the "gang" are stuck, outnumbered and they do something that will destory them somehow....

I would also like to see The Oracle again. What about her students? Does anyone know what happens to them? Or do you think they will play some role in Reloaded or Revolution?[/size]
Posted
they are filming one after the other. Not at the same time.

I also believe I heard that we get to see Zion when I watched "Inside The Matrix". It is gonna be pretty sweet.
Posted
[color=red][b]I have no info about the white twins. I know nothing. :)

and btw, nice OWN3D! avatar Foredaddy. lol[/b][/color]
Posted
The twins supposedly can walk through walls, like ghost I believe. I'm not sure about Agent Smith being a good guy, because he appeared evil in all the promotional pics I've seen. I wish Jet Li would have played a role in the movie, but oh well.
Posted
[color=darkblue]
It's about time they released some info. They first advertised it on AOL like 3 years ago saying they were filming back to back, but now I finally have a release date. All of this info is certainly amusing, but I'm just a little skeptical for no particular reason.
[/color]
Posted
I just downloaded trailor from thematrix.com and I must say this movie looks like its gonna be HOT! I cant wait until it comes out in the theaters. Its definetly gonna be one worth seein(hopefully I didnt just jinx it though. :worried: )
Posted
[color=royalblue]I can't wait for this movie. Even before the original came out, they were planning about five movies in the series, apparently.

So, I don't know if they have said anything about a fourth and fifth...but I thought that was the original plan.

Anyway, yeah...the story will get much more interesting now, as we learn more about the Matrix itself and the last human city, Zion.

And I'm so glad that The Matrix counters Scooby Doo (which was American, but filmed in Australia). Scooby Doo could give Australia's movie industry a very bad reputation lol. But with The Matrix under its belt, I don't think it has to worry...wouldn't you say? :)

Also, what is the date for Matrix: Revolution? I mean, how close does it follow Reloaded?[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]I can't wait for this movie. Even before the original came out, they were planning about five movies in the series, apparently.

So, I don't know if they have said anything about a fourth and fifth...but I thought that was the original plan.

[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

No it is just a trilogy. The directors(who also came up with the idea for The Matrix) planned on the idea of the story being a trilogy.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]Scooby Doo could give Australia's movie industry a very bad reputation lol. But with The Matrix under its belt, I don't think it has to worry...wouldn't you say? :)[/B][/QUOTE]

I dunno, Keanu Reeves is a piss poor actor...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]I dunno, Keanu Reeves is a piss poor actor... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]I think he is suitable for The Matrix...but he's certainly not the best actor they could have chosen. Though I don't think that necessarily reflects on our industry, because afterall, he himself is American.

But yeah, the movie as a whole was brilliant. I think it's really had a very lasting effect on cinema as a whole (just look at all the Matrix-copycats out there lol).[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B]I think he is suitable for The Matrix...but he's certainly not the best actor they could have chosen. Though I don't think that necessarily reflects on our industry, because afterall, he himself is American.
[/B][/QUOTE]

All I know is that I am judging the entire film industry of Australia based on his acting in the Matrix.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]Also, what is the date for Matrix: Revolution? I mean, how close does it follow Reloaded?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]I think I read/heard somwhere that it would be november 2003. But it might have been 2004. God I hope 2003. [/b][/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]All I know is that I am judging the entire film industry of Australia based on his acting in the Matrix. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Do I even need to point out the sarcasm there? :D

[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]I think he is suitable for The Matrix...but he's certainly not the best actor they could have chosen. Though I don't think that necessarily reflects on our industry, because afterall, he himself is American.

But yeah, the movie as a whole was brilliant. I think it's really had a very lasting effect on cinema as a whole (just look at all the Matrix-copycats out there lol).[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]
Lol. I know exactly what you mean. Even Deuce Bigalow ripped off scenes from the Matrix. So did Scary Movie I believe and probably Saturday Night Live (Heck, even Shreak did it).

Anyway, I believe someone earlier said that the new scenes were supposed to be so utterly amazing that they won't be able to be copied. That makes me much more anxious to see it.
[/color]
Posted
[color=royalblue]That's true. If the rumors and discussion about the new special effects are true...and if they make the same leap that the first ones did...that makes me want to see this movie even more!

I can't wait. ^_^;;[/color]
Posted
Oh my god, this is my most anticipating films of the next year. I just can't wait at all!!!!!! ^_^

Think about it, a sequal to my favorite movie OF ALL TIME. What I'm really hoping is that they keep the originality. It will deffinitly be hard to do, as it is with sequals, because the original is usually the coolest. I personally think they can do it, though, and I'm going to be seeing it opening day one way or another.

EDIT: I remember back when I first saw Star Wars: Episode 2 (first day, ha!) and saw the preview for both movies, I literally almost had a heart attack! My heart skipped a beat and I couldn't even breathe, I was just hitting my friend's shoulder and pointing at the screen, LOL.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]I dunno, Keanu Reeves is a piss poor actor... [/B][/QUOTE]


Much agreement there, but I think they wanted a dumb bell to play the "new-guy-just-realising-life-isn't-as-he-thought-it-was' to press every Average Joe into the high emotion of discovery in the original -he encapsulates naivete through his - occasionally shocking delivery of lines.

His character also draws a strong contrast with the philosopher role of Morpheus [yeah, yeah, Morpheus is by FAR the coolest character in that film...]. You know, the enlightened and the unaware - two opposites attract, etc. but also create definition through their contrast. So I doubt Morpheus would be so cool if he was tackling a really talented, dominant guy because that's HIS role!

Hmm, I've been reading up on the Matrix sequels - nobody's sure if the Twins are there to take the place of the Agents as big baddies, but they have been described as 'Free Agents' - still gotta' look into that one, and I believe that they may have the ability to shape-shift or to manipulate the Matrix (a bit like Neo).

But I hope the Agents won't turn good - they are great as they are, quite frankly. In the mean time, if anybody has seen one of the few pictures of Zion released - is it just me or do they [cavernous as they appear] remind you of some place you've been in life...? Creepy...
Guest boogeta
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by (<AA>) [/i]
[B]I CAN'T WAIT!!! I bet its gonna be SO cool. But the sad thing is that it gets out in 2003... How many of you are waiting for MR? [/B][/QUOTE] I want to see so bad but one of the actors died so I dont think they will not have her in there but I forgot who that was:cross: :(
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by boogeta [/i]
[B]I want to see so bad but one of the actors died so I dont think they will not have her in there but I forgot who that was:cross: :( [/B][/QUOTE]
That was Aaliyah, and I believe we were just talking about her. Try checking out some earlier pages. ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...