Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Reflection [/i]
[B]To tell you the truth, I only watched like an hour of it. Kinda boring...Maybe I'll see the American version, hopefully that would be
a million times better. [/B][/QUOTE]

I haven't seen the American version yet but I want to.

The Japanese version was scary as sheit.
Posted
[color=red][b]It looks like a very freaky movie. I have not been really scared by a movie in years. Maybe this one will finally scare me. :)[/b][/color]
Posted
[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]While I am not too sure who has seen the previews or read any reviews, this movie looks . . stupid (that may be a bit harsh). . . The story from what I have read/seen, is that there is this tape, that if you watch it, you get a phone call that says you are going to die in 7 days. Ummm. . . now I may be selfish at times, and even if I WAS going to die, I am pretty sure that I would just break the tape O.o or is that too high of intelligence for Hollywood? Oh, I am sure I will be forced to see it someday, and that it might be a better movie then what I am leading people on to believe *shrug* sorry.

As for the Japanese movie - I have never heard, nor seen it. . so I can't make any judgement off of that.

On a more irritating side note - did anyone remember the commercials a few months back that were airing? They had the picture of an eclipse or whatever - a ring - and there was this background voice saying, 'before you die, you see the ring. .*lower voice, echo if you will* the ring. . the ring' . . . I saw those. They gave NO plot, NO mention of it was a movie, a joke, a hoax. . NOTHING. . just a couple quick flashes of scenes from the movie ->(I came to find out later it was a movie - I am not contradicting myself). Anyways, later on, they start showing longer previews, still. . little knowledge is given, besides that it is a movie. NOW, like a few weeks before release, I watched a trailer in a movie, and find out the point. What a dissapointment =/

Oh, I am shutting up now, that is enough complaining for me tonight ^_^ . . . lol, sorry if I offended anyone who is really looking forward to this movie.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
My friend has watched the Japanese movie a while back...he said it freaked him out for a few days but we both think that the U.S. version might be better. But I'll give it a chance...the presentation looks creepy.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by RicoTranzrig [/i]
[B]but we both think that the U.S. version might be better. But I'll give it a chance...the presentation looks creepy. [/B][/QUOTE]

From what I've heard, the people who've seen the American version don't like it as much. It's not an absolute bomb of a remake but just isn't as good... so I'm kind of interested to see how it goes.
Posted
I thought there was a Japanese version if this movie, because I thought there was a game of the same name based on it. I'll have to check it out.

I have no real knowledge of the US one... Comments by reviewers comparing it to Rosemary's Baby are raising my interest in it, but probably not enough to go see it at the theater. Never know though.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by hot head [/i]
[B]Its gunna be off the hook scary!!![/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]If I see someone say "off the hook" or put "mad" into something like "that was mad funny" again, I am going to kill somone.[/b][/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by wrist cutter [/i]
[B]Yes there is, that's been discussed in here... [/B][/QUOTE]

That's what I was referring to... heh. I saw your post on it.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]That's what I was referring to... heh. I saw your post on it. [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh, I see. I was reading your post as more of a question rather than a statement.
Posted
I thought the original japanese version of The Ring was really good, the sequel was good also

I'm still going to watch the US version of it since a friend told me it has extra scenes to the tape and such

Sadako is awesome!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...