Guest Matt Posted October 14, 2002 Posted October 14, 2002 [color=red][b]:( Renound historian Stephen Amborse dies this morning (Sunday) at the age of 66. He was well known for his books [i]Band of Brothers[/i], [i]D-Day[/i], [i]Citizen Soldiers[/i], [i]The Wild Blue[/i], and the biographies of President Eisenhower and Nixon. He was a great historian and novelist. He will be missed. :( pray for him. [url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,65526,00.html[/url] [/b][/color]
Kent Posted October 14, 2002 Posted October 14, 2002 I hear that, he was a good person. my brother is really the one that will miss him the most. I just know who he was and hope that one day more people will. may he rest in peace.
Tigervx Posted October 14, 2002 Posted October 14, 2002 Dangit! I loved BoB, ro band of brothers. He wrote some good books. That really sucks. :(
vegeta rocker Posted October 14, 2002 Posted October 14, 2002 the literature world will miss him greatly
Mitch Posted October 14, 2002 Posted October 14, 2002 [color=red] I have yet to read any of his books, but from what I have heard about, he seemed like a good man. He died of lung cancer, eh? Well, sometimes people die, especially from cancer, even though it's sad, it happens for a reason.[/color]
Kei Posted October 14, 2002 Posted October 14, 2002 [color=blue]I saw that on GMA (my source for all news) this morning. I haven't read any of his books, but I've heard about his works and I plan to read some. It's sad to hear that he died.[/color]
Genkai Posted October 14, 2002 Posted October 14, 2002 LK knos wuzzup.. gma 4ever lol. I want to read some, but havent just yet. it's sad.. 66 is pretty early, but with lung cancer, hmm... it was probably like going to sleep after a very tiring day.
Ryan Posted October 14, 2002 Posted October 14, 2002 [size=1][color=teal] I never heard that. Very sad.:( I will pray for the family and friends. Never read any of his work, but I will try in the near future.[/size][/color]
MarkM Posted October 15, 2002 Posted October 15, 2002 As like Noodlez i have never read any of his books, however the name sounds strangely farmilar. Anyway i also pray for his family and friends.
Guest Matt Posted October 15, 2002 Posted October 15, 2002 [color=red][b][i]Band of Brothers[/i] was turned into an HBO miniseries that kicked butt. Maybe that's where u heard it.[/b][/color]
LostProphet Posted October 16, 2002 Posted October 16, 2002 I have an Autographed Copy of [i]Citizen Soldiers[/i], and wonder how much it's worth now. I'm not a money-monger, just pure curiosity.
Vegitto4 Posted October 16, 2002 Posted October 16, 2002 bah, you know you want to sell it for the money will. I never read the books, but i watched Band of brothers. That was a long, and well done movie. Did it portray the book well?
Guest Matt Posted October 16, 2002 Posted October 16, 2002 [color=red][b]I have only seen the first 5 episodes, but it portrayed the book very well in those episodes.[/b][/color]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now