Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Stephen Ambrose Died this morning


Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=red][b]:( Renound historian Stephen Amborse dies this morning (Sunday) at the age of 66. He was well known for his books [i]Band of Brothers[/i], [i]D-Day[/i], [i]Citizen Soldiers[/i], [i]The Wild Blue[/i], and the biographies of President Eisenhower and Nixon. He was a great historian and novelist. He will be missed. :( pray for him.

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,65526,00.html[/url]
[/b][/color]
Posted
I hear that, he was a good person.

my brother is really the one that will miss him the most.

I just know who he was and hope that one day more people will.

may he rest in peace.
Posted
[color=red] I have yet to read any of his books, but from what I have heard about, he seemed like a good man. He died of lung cancer, eh? Well, sometimes people die, especially from cancer, even though it's sad, it happens for a reason.[/color]
Posted
[color=blue]I saw that on GMA (my source for all news) this morning. I haven't read any of his books, but I've heard about his works and I plan to read some. It's sad to hear that he died.[/color]
Posted
LK knos wuzzup.. gma 4ever lol.

I want to read some, but havent just yet. it's sad.. 66 is pretty early, but with lung cancer, hmm... it was probably like going to sleep after a very tiring day.
Posted
[size=1][color=teal]

I never heard that. Very sad.:( I will pray for the family and friends. Never read any of his work, but I will try in the near future.[/size][/color]
Posted
As like Noodlez i have never read any of his books, however the name sounds strangely farmilar. Anyway i also pray for his family and friends.
Posted
[color=red][b][i]Band of Brothers[/i] was turned into an HBO miniseries that kicked butt. Maybe that's where u heard it.[/b][/color]
Posted
bah, you know you want to sell it for the money will.

I never read the books, but i watched Band of brothers. That was a long, and well done movie.

Did it portray the book well?
Posted
[color=red][b]I have only seen the first 5 episodes, but it portrayed the book very well in those episodes.[/b][/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...