OtakuBoards

GameCube release date!

SaiyanPrincessX

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]actually all i have heard was 18th... but 19 would make more sense... that is when all system stuff comes out... at least in the last few years... (wensdays that is) so 19 would make more sense... and x-box is being gay w/ saturday release[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
All of you are mistaken.......The Gamecube releases in AMERICA on the 18th, but for every store it is different, my Funcoland gets them the 15th for some reason and ill be waiting in line ofr one. For some its thw 19th and 20th, I dont know how it could be the 15th, maybe my mall is cool or somthing, I do live in maryland though right on the border where verything is usually shiped in first!

Are you sure its not the XBox that they're getting on the 15th? And the reason they delayed it was so they could ship more systems on launch day. There are going to be 700,000 systems available on launch day, though some of those have already been reserved.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]Are you sure its not the XBox that they're getting on the 15th? And the reason they delayed it was so they could ship more systems on launch day. There are going to be 700,000 systems available on launch day, though some of those have already been reserved. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson][size=1]I think that he means he can get a GameCube when it [b]ships[/b], not when it's [b]released[/b]. There is a difference.

Some stores would be taking shipments of GameCube several days before launch.

A good example is the Nintendo 64 launch. I received my N64 a day before the official launch day, because my local game store had the units brought in the day before...and for those who had preordered, they let us take our units early.

So in some cases, you can do that. Of course, it's especially good when you actually know someone who works at the store (in management) or if you know someone at Nintendo itself...you can get the console several days before launch.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by kuja [/i]
[B][SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]actually all i have heard was 18th... but 19 would make more sense... that is when all system stuff comes out... at least in the last few years... (wensdays that is) so 19 would make more sense... and x-box is being gay w/ saturday release[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Ok, I am a bit confused. The 18th would put it on a Sunday, not a Wednsday(even if you meant the 19th, that is still just a Monday) Oh well. All in all, I will be camping out early on Sunday morning(18th - the new, though old news, official release date) waiting EAGERLY to get my GC ^_^

I will be so happy, I just hope my head doesn't explode.

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]so i cant add lol... man i was way off... oh well... but yea it is that sunday i guess so that all the sales papers dont have to say "wensday" or what seems for the PS2 to be thursday... i wish they would make up their minds :(... anyway it has been the 18th for almost 3 months... dunno y people here think different we been saying it for ages... and i even talked to the nintendo rep that i work w/[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...