Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Akira, the best anime movie of all time?????


Recommended Posts

Posted
I recently got Akira and am in the mist of finishing it. To tell the truth, I'm really not to impressed with it. Someone I know told me that Akira was one of the best anime movies ever. Do you agree or do you this that it's something else?
Posted
I thought it was alright... but I'm more into the "old fashioned" stuff, like Ninja Scroll or Samuri X...
But tha's just me... I dont really get too much into the futuristic sci-fi/anime hybreds...
Dont get me wrong tho... I love my Mobile suits :D
Posted
Akira is a great movie, but I was dissapointed with it after the many great things I had heard. Don't get me wrond I love Akira, but I think it is way too overrated. Lataz.

-OutlawDragon
Posted
Manga's better is what I heard. Still a great movie, not the best of all time.....but its better than Ninja scroll thats for sure.

=P
Posted
I would have to say its one of the best. Its also one of the older flicks. 89 at the latest.

It also has a very good story that most dont want to pay attention closly enough to really appreciate.

I have loved it since I first saw it and will always consider it one of the best. although there are so many i like I could never give the title of best ever to a single one.
Posted
I think Akira's a pretty good anime film. Not the best ever (though at one time it probably was). My vote for the best anime movie ever has to go to Spirited Away...

-Adam
Posted
The manga completely owns the anime. The manga is probably well over 1,000 pages long though, so things have to be cut. I personally wish they kept the part where Tetsuo got his own gang in the movie... Otherwise, it makes the Clowns basically useless to the story.

I think people forget how old this anime is. It's from 1985, and I notice most people think it's from the early 90s. I think the manga was from 82 or so. Keeping that in mind, Akira is even more amazing.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Adam [/i]
[B]I think Akira's a pretty good anime film. Not the best ever (though at one time it probably was). My vote for the best anime movie ever has to go to Spirited Away...

-Adam [/B][/QUOTE]

Whoa is SA that good? That's cool. Got to see it now. Adam the Prince said SA was the best so I must see it.
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
Hmm well let me try to straighten this out, most hardcore anime fans including myself think of Akira as an anime classic however it is by far not the best anime of all time. It's high up there, however plenty of other movies can surpass Akira. So no its not the best anime movie of all time, and neither is spirited away they are just considered "classics." ;)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Darkness [/i]
[B]I recently got Akira and am in the mist of finishing it. To tell the truth, I'm really not to impressed with it. Someone I know told me that Akira was one of the best anime movies ever. Do you agree or do you this that it's something else? [/B][/QUOTE]

The reason Akira may no seem all that is because it was one of the first out there...People and animators have had time to correct and change and make better movies...but as being one of the first of its' time I would have to say that it is one of the greatest!!!

Not only because of it's amination but the story line also intriqued me!!!

That's whay I think it One of the Greatest animes out there!!!!
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Siffen [/i]
[B]Manga's better is what I heard. Still a great movie, not the best of all time.....but its better than Ninja scroll thats for sure.

=P [/B][/QUOTE]
better than Ninja Scroll?? NEVER!!
It may be "up there with" but never BETTER than NS...
NS is one of the truly great anime's of all!
Posted
I just saw Akira last night, anmd from what I can tell it's pretty darn good. It is deffinitly a classic, but that doesn't mean that it's not better than more recent movies. At the moment, I'm not really sure what my favorite anime movie is, but this on is up there.

Oh, and KANATA'S VOICE IS VASH'S FROM TRIGUN!!!
Posted
There is no such thing as best anime of all time, it always reflects on people's tastes and opinions

I thouht the OAV was pretty good, but it was very overhyped, the book's are better in my opinion, even if they are expensive
Posted
Yea this is almost silly because I know that atleast myself and maybe a few others love anime so much that we could never give a fav.

None the less, title to best ever.

I stick with what was mentioned before over and over, classic.
And damn good too.

But really, I want to mention that I loved ninja scroll, but I dont think that deserves best ever. No way. It was great, but it still lacked in some areas. (although it was just about perfect)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]There is no such thing as best anime of all time, it always reflects on people's tastes and opinions[/B][/QUOTE]
Yeah, that's true. If you give action, you lose it to people who want romance, and vice versa. This goes most especially for anime movies, because if you try and put all of these different characteristic into it, it will just turn out bad. Hence, it will fall in line with a certain group of people, while other groups will like some other movie.

Bleh, I talk too much.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
Well, lets see, I think that the greatest movie, in my opinion has got to be KOHD. The Cowboy Bebop movie. I have found a great liking to this movie. Usually I'll go through an "anime phase" where the latest anime I've seen is this best, bladi, bladi, bla. But I've been a big fan of Knockin' on Heaven's Door for a long time. Lataz

-OD
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OutlawDragon [/i]
[B]Well, lets see, I think that the greatest movie, in my opinion has got to be KOHD. The Cowboy Bebop movie. I have found a great liking to this movie. Usually I'll go through an "anime phase" where the latest anime I've seen is this best, bladi, bladi, bla. But I've been a big fan of Knockin' on Heaven's Door for a long time. Lataz

-OD [/B][/QUOTE]
I agree that KOHD is better than Akira. The plot exeeds, in my opinion, Akira's about some guy providing the energy for every living thing, or something like that. Don't get me wrong, I like Akira, but I really think the plot gets stranger and more far-fetched as the movie progresses.
Guest QuickSilver
Posted
in my opinnion Akira was not that good of a anime. The beginning was good with the biker gangs but that is about it. It gets all weird towards.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
In my opion it was ok but i perfer Neon Genisis The End of Evangelion, Neon Genisis Death and Rebirth, Blood the last vampire,and Ghost in the shell.That kind of stuff.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sniper314 [/i]
[B]In my opion it was ok but i perfer Neon Genisis The End of Evangelion, Neon Genisis Death and Rebirth, Blood the last vampire,and Ghost in the shell.That kind of stuff. [/B][/QUOTE]
Blood and Ghost in the Shell were pretty good, but Neon Genesis Death and Rebirth? I mean, they put it together nicely, but it is pretty much an overview of the series, and a LOT of figurative thinking. It was very confusing for me, and I have to say Akira is actually better. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...