Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[size=1]I think I might've miss spelt that...[/size]

Well, I just saw the movie a few day's ago and thought that it was great. A bit odd, but great. The story was interesting and for once my mom didn't insult what I was watching (she usually say's that if I keep watching DBZ and such that I'll soon act like them:rolleyes: ). She thought the story was pretty interesting too.

The character's were well developed (in my opinion). My favorite character is Ashitaka (sp?). I thought he was cool.

What are your opinions on this movie?
Posted
Heh, you spelled everything right. ^-^

I really love Princess Mononoke. I really love the story, the characters, even the music is great... ^^ I've seen the movie over 10 times by now, probably, and I still love it. I think it's just a really great movie.... One of Miyazaki's best. ^-^
Posted
I guess I saw it about a year ago and thought it was pretty good. It wasn't my absolute favorite, but the story was pretty interesting. I dunno, I think this movie is overratted and gets too much attention.
Posted
I am a huge fan of this movie the artwork was well done and the spirits of the forest were cool looking. My favorite character was San it was great to see her riding through the woods or into battle on the back of Moro no Kimi or one of her children.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ben Holiday [/i]
[B]I am a huge fan of this movie the artwork was well done and the spirits of the forest were cool looking. My favorite character was San it was great to see her riding through the woods or into battle on the back of Moro no Kimi or one of her children. [/B][/QUOTE]
Yeah, I deffinitly agree that the artwork was very well done. There was lots of detail, and the lighting effects were good too.
Posted
[COLOR=purple] I personally feel that the movie was awesome...and had a very deep meaning behind it, aside from all the fighting and so on!!! Even the characters were well developed...besides that...everytime I look at it I always seem to question nature...and wonder how would it be if we(AMERICANS.) went back to nature and held strong our ideals of spirits...or just high religious belifs..(in public) PERIOD!!!!![/COLOR]
Posted
[FONT=arial]I love that movie. pity I can't find it :cross:. but anywho. I love the way the forest scenery was so detailed, it looked great. and the kodama were coooool. you know what? one of these days I'm gonna get a t-shirt with a kodama on it. it was kinda freaky with the boar god turning into a demon and San getting trapped in it. wow, this is the most scrambled post I've written in a long time....[/FONT]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Darkmoon [/i]
[B][size=1]I think I might've miss spelt that...[/size][/B][/QUOTE]

No, you spelt it fine.. a lot of people mis-spell it as "Monoke".. and I did at first, too..

It's been a while since I saw this anime, but from what I remember it was quite good.. I'll have to watch it again and get back to you properly..

What I do remember is that there seemed to be a lot of symbolism- I recognised that it was there but didn't fully understand it the first time (and I've yet to watch it again). Also, it was pretty odd.. at the end of the film I'd almost forgotten how it started..
Posted
I'd never heard of it before, saw it on the shelf in the shop and bought it, watched it and took it back. I think it was misrated as a PG. Some of the stuff made me feel physically sick (but I'm a lightweight when it comes to things like that- I can't remember much about Laputa but I remember I felt bad). I think that's the first proper anime I've seen.

I did really like it. Great story, great characters and great music, and fantastic animation. But the wolf's head... eurgh.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solo Tremaine [/i]
[B]I'd never heard of it before, saw it on the shelf in the shop and bought it, watched it and took it back. I think it was misrated as a PG. Some of the stuff made me feel physically sick (but I'm a lightweight when it comes to things like that- I can't remember much about Laputa but I remember I felt bad). I think that's the first proper anime I've seen.

I did really like it. Great story, great characters and great music, and fantastic animation. But the wolf's head... eurgh. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm pretty certain it was rated a 15 over here in the UK.. so yeah it was probably mis-rated a bit..
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina [/i]
[B]I'm pretty certain it was rated a 15 over here in the UK.. so yeah it was probably mis-rated a bit.. [/B][/QUOTE]

It was indeed rated a PG, should have been rated a 12 in my opinion

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...