OtakuBoards

Weird Dreams

Ailes de Velour

[Font="Tahoma"][Size="1"][Color="DarkOrchid"]

I always have weird, unexplainable dreams. I figure a lot of other people do, too. Soooo, I'm curious. Explain a weird dream you've had recently or ever.

I'll start with last night's oddity.

The first part...I was playing DDR in someplace. Not surprising. I mean, I went to bed thinking nothing but DDR.
The second part was really weird. There was a Disciple Now at my church, and the band that was playing there was...Rasputina? Odd. So, They were in the kitchen, having a food fight...or something. Melora came out and I went to her, and I asked, "Are you Mekare?" and she seemed rather...annoyed...then I called her Melora and she was rather clingy. "You know my other name?!" And it was very weird. She was definetly not a dwarfstar. Maybe eight feet tall. Which I doubt.

Right, so, what of your weird dreams?

[/Font][/Size][/Color]

I am sorry, but I currently hold the record for weird dreams :P There was the time I dreamt that I woke up from a coma to discover that I was nine months pregnant, the time that I dreamt my best friend was trying to kill me and I was saved by a water dragon...Then there was the strange dream about one of my ex-boyfriends, I dreamt that he had undergone a sex change operation and I saw him/her while flying to Vegas with an older man. I've dreamt that I was present at the cruxifiction of Jesus Christ, once I sprouted wings, and I've flown over Mount Everest several times.

My most recent weird dream is sort of a re-ocurring dream. It takes place in somewhere in Europe, about five or six centuries ago, during a war. I'm living in a small, fairly poor village, when my hunsband-to-be tells me that he's leaving to fight in the war. He tells me that he will come back to me, even though we both know that he probably won't return alive. He leaves, and neither of us lives for very long after that. I have a vision of him, on a ship, during a brutal storm. I don't see him die, but I have the notion, during the dream, that the ship either sank, or he fell overboard and drowned. After that my village is attacked by raiders, and the last thing that I remember is being dragged through a forest by my hair, probably to my death...

The second dream that I had involved the same man from the aformentioned dream, but it took place here, in present day. We are standing in a room, I'm holding his hand while my other hand is placed over his heart. I remember hearing his heart beating, and being concerned because it was beating so fast. Strange O.o

My weird dream is kinda of freaking me out.

Ok

It starts me running what seems like on a rather large map of the U.S. ((you know the ones where all the states are diffrent colors)) well i'm chasing some one it looks like a guy but it's all black and...figurery. Then i'm in a white padded room i look around and i'm all and tears start running down my cheeks then i kinda like slam my hand aganst one of the walls but it wasn't a wall any more but a huge rose and my plam has a rather large thorn though it my tears stop and the blood starts flowing down my arm and dripping on the floor then the blood on the floor turns into this rainbowishy spiral but it keeps on changing colors then it dissapears and i'm in a hall way staring at a with my hand over a black bar thingy with white words i take my hand off and there is a bloody hand print on the sign partly covering the word -ve i see a huge hole in my hand and i start to feel the pain the some ones hand on my shoulder then my goddamn alarm goes off it may not seem weird to you but it's weird to me and kinda freakin' me out

[Font="Tahoma"][Size="1"][Color="DarkOrchid"]

Ack, Missa, that's plain bizarre.

Last night, I did have a strange dream that I remembered well before now, but I forgot everything. I just remember spilling chutney on my arm or something.

I have a LOT of strange dreams. There was one when the actress Margierite Moreau, my friend and I were at my elementary school for some sort of carnival. My friend and I were pestering the heck out of Marguerite, and she burst into flames.

Like in Firestarter 2!!

Er, whatever.

[/font][/size][/color]

I ve dreamt good dreams mostly but they are real!! once i dreamt the same dream for five years straight jumping off a building and waking up on the floor(i trew away the bunk!). My advice is to write them and make cool books you can make lots of money (weve writin afew)

[COLOR=Teal][SIZE=1][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]For me, the weirdest dreams are the ones that when you wake up from them you can't really tell whether you're a wake or still dreaming. One that I can remember having is: After a rather long adventure with several friends that took us all across the city and through numerous pass times I woke up in a hospital bed, apparently after being hit by a bus or something like that (it was never really mentioned) and was well on my way to a full recovery. This seemed normal at first but several little things slowly made me realise I was dreaming, like the off-red coloring of the lights or the constant presence of the moon, which was cool.

Then one night I went to sleep in the hospital only to wake up in my own bed in my own room to the sound of my alarm, I use my phone so it was a midi from Final Fantasy. Details like this usually convince me that I'm actually awake. After fumbling in the pitchblack for my phone and turning of the alarm off I pushed my head back into my pillow, drowzy as I usually am when I first wake up, and tried to get back to sleep.

Next I hear a creepy giggling and try to sit up but there is something sitting on my chest. Somehow I know it's a little impy-devilly thing and start to freak out as it claws at my face. After struggling with the critter I eventually pass out only to wake up, once again, to my alarm. This time its for real though.

I was so freaked after that dream. I couldn't tell whether I was awake or asleep for most of the following day...resulting in several amused looks from many of my friends. It was one those things that has a huge affect on you, guess that's why I can remember this one so clearly, strange eh?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=skedy][color=teal][size=1][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
Then one night I went to sleep in the hospital only to wake up in my own bed in my own room to the sound of my alarm, I use my phone so it was a midi from Final Fantasy. Details like this usually convince me that I'm actually awake. After fumbling in the pitchblack for my phone and turning of the alarm off I pushed my head back into my pillow, drowzy as I usually am when I first wake up, and tried to get back to sleep.

Next I hear a creepy giggling and try to sit up but there is something sitting on my chest. Somehow I know it's a little impy-devilly thing and start to freak out as it claws at my face. After struggling with the critter I eventually pass out only to wake up, once again, to my alarm. This time its for real though.

I was so freaked after that dream. I couldn't tell whether I was awake or asleep for most of the following day...resulting in several amused looks from many of my friends. It was one those things that has a huge affect on you, guess that's why I can remember this one so clearly, strange eh?[/font][/size][/color][/QUOTE]
[b]Interesting. What you're describing is a creepy phenomena that occurs world-wide. There are thousands of accounts of this exact same thing dating back for centuries. [/b]

[b]It is commonly referred to as the "Old Hag Syndrome" because the majority of people that experience it have described an old, scary hag-like creature that sits on their chest, keeping them from moving (and often from breathing). It sits there and stares or smiles at the person.[/b]

[b]In every case, the person claims that they were awake ( ... or that they thought that they were) while it was happening.

[b]Just within the last 4 months, both my father and one of my friends has experienced this.[/b]
[/b]
[b]I'm sure you can find plenty of accounts of this online, if you're interested in reading about it.[/b]

[Font="Tahoma'][Size="1"][Color="DarkOrchid"]

Eep. I'm glad I've never had an Old Hag dream, though now I'm probably going to "wake up" with a mini-witch on my stomach. Blaaah.

Some of my weirdest dreams involve a bunch of my friends (both online and offline, the former is the oddest because I don't know what any of my online friends look like). Once, I dreamt that my group and I were at the open house of a high school and it featured all sorts of fun electives. Video gaming. Guitar lessons. RPG stuff. And then, I turned into one of my roleplay characters, Kougn, and her RP fiancee (or however it's spelled) was there, and I don't much remember what happened next. I often have dreams that I've been through my school day, and it makes me angry to wake up and have to go to school, because that's like doing two days in a row with no break in between.

And I had one the other night that I finally remembered, and I know every reason I had it, too. I dreamt that my parents transferred me to a different middle school. I had no friends there (and the manholes transported you to the Spanish room which looked EXACTLY like the chorus room at my current school). The reason for this nightmare is that next year, I'm going to a different high school than most of my friends. I don't want to leave them. This feeling of dread probably powered this dream.

I'm not even going to go into my dreams Christmas Eve.

[/font][/color][/size]

[QUOTE]Originally Posted by [B]Elfpirate[/B]

It is commonly referred to as the "Old Hag Syndrome" because the majority of people that experience it have described an old, scary hag-like creature that sits on their chest, keeping them from moving (and often from breathing). It sits there and stares or smiles at the person.[/QUOTE]

So that's what it's called, eh? I had something similiar to that happen to me once. I apparently "woke up" I remember seeing my bedroom from where I was laying. The only thing in view was the edge of the bed and the wall. I remember trying to move my head to look around, only I couldn't, because someone was holding my head with their hands so that I would keep staring at the wall. While I was looking at the wall, still trying to move my head, I saw a hand (no body, just a hand) writing something on the wall. I tried to read the writing, but couldn't because it was written in a different language. Then the writing disappeared and I could move my head again. After that I sat up and got out of bed. It was really weird, but I don't remember being frightened.

[QUOTE=elfpirate][b]Interesting. What you're describing is a creepy phenomena that occurs world-wide. There are thousands of accounts of this exact same thing dating back for centuries. [/b]

[b]It is commonly referred to as the "Old Hag Syndrome" because the majority of people that experience it have described an old, scary hag-like creature that sits on their chest, keeping them from moving (and often from breathing). It sits there and stares or smiles at the person.[/b]

[b]In every case, the person claims that they were awake ( ... or that they thought that they were) while it was happening.

[b]Just within the last 4 months, both my father and one of my friends has experienced this.[/b]
[/b]
[b]I'm sure you can find plenty of accounts of this online, if you're interested in reading about it.[/b][/QUOTE]

There is actually a scientific explanation for the phenomena as well. When you are dreaming in REM state your body is in a partial state of paralysis. Other wise every time you dream you are walking your legs would move as the signals still come from your brain telling your legs to move. I read about this in a book, I think it was Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen Laberge. Basically you wake up but your body is still in the REM paralysis state and you can't move. Plus since you are still close to the dreaming state you may still actually see parts of a dream even though your eyes are open.

I remember doing that once. I woke up and couldn't move. It felt like something was sitting on my chest and I couldn't move. I was looking at the ceiling and I fell back into a dream with my eyes open. The ceiling changed to a huge room and when I tried to step into it I felt like I was falling and the paralysis left. The huge room changed back to just being a ceiling and I finally woke up completely.

[font="tahoma"][size="1"][color="darkorchid"]

I don't remember waking up and not being able to move, but I do have dreams where I'm trying to get someplace and all I can do is lie on the ground, or I'm trying to call out to someone but my voice won't work. Like, a dream in which someone broke into my house, and I was trying to yell for my parents but I had no voice at all.

[/font][/size][/color]

I had this odd dream...

It had to do with this huge crocodile and it was all tied up and stuff. These guys were dragging it to a pool and they threw 'er in.

Next thing I know, they stick this electric rod in the pool and electricute it! :animecry:

Then my little bro starts slinking away with his friends. The weird thing was he was acting more mature than usual. He pulled off with his pals into a bathroom and I followed (?) But it turns out my lil bro had this painful disease *and heck, he hid it well* and he was gonna kill himself "for the benefit of newer generations."

All I can remember in that dream was that I had longer hair and I was crying in my moms arms...

:animecry: :animecry:

A weird dream I have been having is this re-occuring dream. I consider it weird since I have been having this dream for so many years. It has yet to be resolved. In the dream I am walking towards this old house. It is fall and the wind is blowing, leaves are falling. The color in the dream is very dreary.

I enter the house and realize that this is the same dream I have been having on and off since I was 12 years old. I look out the window and I see a man walk by the window. I know I need to find out who this guy is. I run out after him and try to catch up. He is fairly tall and wearing a trench coat. No matter how much I try to catch up with him I can never reach him.

Usually at that point I wake up with an overwhelming feeling of sadness and disappointment. The last time I remember having this dream was about a year ago. I am not sure if there is something in my life that triggers this dream or why I keep having it. For all these years I have never been able to catch that mystery man even though in my dream I know it is a dream.

It's like I am stuck in a rut and can never get out.

Guest Yamasaki
The strangest dream I had hmmm it started when I was in this strange land with mirror like water with Sakura Trees ( Cherry Blossom Trees ) in the water I was running on it heading somewhere all I know is that when I slow down I would sink but inside the mirror like water their where fish I guess I slow down to much and I sank then I woke up :)

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1]Wasn't there a recent thread about this? I could have swore I've seen this one acouple of times. Oh well. No big deal. I recently had a dream that my cat woke me up and was talking to me in a deep scary voice. He told me to wake up or else my mom was going to hit me with a frying pan. Then his voice slowly turned into my mothers and I woke up to my mom screaming at me to get out of bed. Yeah I really don't like that dream. It wasn't much but it still creeped me out, especially since his eyes were purple. Violet. Just creepy. [/FONT][/SIZE]

My dreams aren't nearly as strange as yours, but I remember when I was about 6 years old that I was running down the street in front of our house. Why was I doing so? There was this hunter shooting at the Easter Bunny (they both were running down said street). Yes, it was around easter time and I was crying and yelling, "No! Don't shoot him! He's the Easter Bunny!!"

Then I had a dream, where I think my parents were brutally murdered, and I was crying and I woke up crying.

Another time I dreamt that I was being stabbed in the chest, and I woke up the same instant, with strange feeling in my chest. It was almost hard to breathe..

Now to my latest dream, I was dreaming that I was riding my bike, and I fell off. Then a bee comes by me and I start freaking out (I'm seriously afraid of bees..I think I have a phobia..). It starts around my right elbow, and then it flies to the base of the back of my neck and it's about to sting me and I woke up saying "No!" and I flung my arms out wide.

I guess my dreams are just weird, not creepy like the self-combusting people. o.0

[SIZE=1]I've had far too many weird dreams to recall them all, but only the weirdest of the weird have stayed with me. Some of my more weird one lately have involved large, inanimate M.I.B.-styled insects a cousin of mine's house, which also strangely features the old Generation One Transformers. I can't recall the dream in it's entirety but I think I was part of like an M.I.B. team sent in to clear out the house with flame-throwers like the one you see at the beginning of M.I.B [the original], as for the Transformers part in it, I have no clue.

My weirdest dream however involved a herd of cows, a copy of Red Alert 2 and the Ferengi from Star Trek. I have absolutely no idea what the point of the dream was, as I went from location to location with just me and the cattle, until the end I was fighting off the Feregni in like a mountain pass with a phaser. The strangest thing about that dream [as if it wasn't strange enough] is that I'm 100% certain I've had it before. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]I actually had a pretty bizarre dream last night, and made the mistake of telling my friends and now they won't leave me alone.

It's not weird because of what happens in the dream...more because of [I]who[/I] was in it.

There's a boy in my year, Dino, I think his name is. He?s Cantonese and joined the school a couple of months ago.

I have never spoken to him, sat next to him or been associated with him in any way before and yet he was in my dream last night like he was my best friend. I have no idea why. The whole dream was just me, Dino, and a couple of other friends sitting in a lesson. Dino was next to me, I got a question wrong, and he gives me this big hug going 'Aaaw, poor Jamie'.

I replied with something like; 'WTF? Dino, gerroff!' and he didn't *sad*

Yup, weird dream indeed.

I also had one about biting a dinosaur that changed into my dog...but really, I shouldn't go into that.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=Indigo]This one was a good one, but ended abruptly... I probably died in it.

I was in what I'm wearing today (blach dress pants, white dress shirt, with a black one overlaping that, no tie and shoes) and one of my sparring buddies were there as well.

We got into a fight in my backyard (big, has a large square patch of grass, enough to fight in) and we were doing insane DBZ style things.

Then...

I had hit him towards the outside of the "ring" and he bounced back, electrocuted. I touched the perimiter and got shocked. Some RANDOM guy in a day-glow yellow hoverboard showed up and bombed the area, and we couldn't escape.

The last thing I remember seeing was a bomb saw coming to my face. I woke up afterward... wasn't the first time I died in a dream.[/COLOR]

[Font="tahoma"][size="1"][color="darkorchid"]

I used to die a lot in dreams, especially those that were not my own. I remember one very memorable dream that I enjoyed a lot, in which my best friend (BelaLugosi'sDead) and I were hanging out near the dumpsters at my school. I jumped off a curb, not even a half a foot off the ground, and somehow died. Then I was a ghost, hooray! And somehow, Bela turned into a ghost right behind me o_O. So then, we and another of my friends, "Syune" (who wasn't a ghost), went running down the street. One of a set of twins dashed towards Bela, who screamed and leapt away, "Don't do that!" But I wondered how the twin could've seen her, since she was dead and all. Then I wondered how Syune could see us, and he said something about sunlight. Then, Bela and I were at my grandma's house, still ghosts, and we were driving her crazy. For some reason, the Christmas tree was up, and we took ornaments off and threw them around the room. My grandma shook her head and paced back and forth, then I made myself known as a ghost, and then I woke up. Then I made a ghost character to use in a story or RP or something xÞ.

[/font][/color][/size]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Palatino Linotype]This is a little of topic, but...Ailes de Velour, your avatar looks familiar. :p Is it from that movie [I]Labyrinth[/I]?

Anyway, I also have this strange re-occuring person in my dream. He shows up once every couple months or so. He has dirty blonde hair that covers his blue eyes. He wears a long black trenchcoat, and keeps a sword with him. He's tall and thin, really athletic looking though. (Why? I have no idea...I think I've watched too much anime...nah, that's not possible.:D )

He showed up for the first time in July of last year. On the 13th, exactly five months before my birthday. I'm still looking for the reasons why this dream turned out to be so...odd.

I'm standing in a large parking lot, it's almost empty, except for one black car behind me. I turn around to see that there is also a four lane highway behind me. It's then that I hear yelling. Something like "Hey! Get back here!"

I turn around to see that boy running toward me, and men in black suits are running after him. He grabs my arm and we get into the black car. He starts it just in time to get away from these men. We're driving over a bridge, and for some reason, I feel like I can trust him. So I help keep watch for the men while he drives like a maniac at illegal speeds across this bridge.

After losing the men, we pull off of the main highway and go through a town. It's deserted. We stop at a tall building and he gets out and motions for me to do the same. I do, and we walk up the steps together to go in. He holds the door open for me to walk in first, but disappears when I turn back to thank him.

I eventually find an elevator and take it up to the fifteenth floor. (I think fifteen because I was going to turn fifteen at the time.) I walk out to see white walls and green tiled floors. (My school colors.) I hear screams and run down the long corridor to investigate. When I open the door to an Art Studio, I see my old Studio in Art teacher (I absolutely despise her) holding my friend's arm, a carving knife in the other hand. I run up and attempt to hit her, but she tries to stab me. I remember that she only gets a hold of my black t-shirt and rips it. I managed to kick her in the stomach before taking off with my friend and the knife.

We split up and I drop the knife. When I get back to the entrance, she's waiting for me with the knife in her hand. She manages to stab me in the forearm. (Nothing serious, thankfully) I hit the ground and try to pull the knife out. When I do, I watch her pass out and fall almost on top of me. That boy stands there, helps me up and out to the car. We drive away and he helps me with my arm when we stop again. It's then that he tells me that he wants me to run away with him...

Then I wake up...and he shows up many more times, I in fact just "met" with him last week. But I don't know who he is or why he exists in my dreams. Eventually, these dreams do get weirder and weirder.[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Sweetangeldevil
[CENTER][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=2][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Hey i head i dream well a nightmare actually that it was a 34 year old lady birthday party, and she was about to blow away the candles when all ofa sudden she begins to make weird noises. She throws up in front of the cake and it was black. The thing opens and it was a puppy yelping. It was so weird. The other ones was that a clown toy kept moving everywhere. First it was in the kitchen, then it my room, but in my dream. Just to say I hate clown! My last weird dream was a boy named David, it was Valentines Day and I gave out Valentines card to everyone in our 8th grade level. I gave one to David, but he wouln't give me one. We started at each other and I was about to cry and everthing got blury, and that was when my sister woke me up. I was late for school, it was 8:30! Only had 10 minutes to get ready. Anyway can someone help me I don't understand this dreams i have. [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/CENTER]

:sleep: :demon: :help: :blowup: :bash: :confuse2: