Jump to content
OtakuBoards

TheShinje

Members
  • Posts

    1759
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    4

Everything posted by TheShinje

  1. TheShinje

    2 Errors

    [size=1] Since the default skin's banenr is missing for some reason. I suggest we have another banenr making competition ^_^ I enjoyed that, and it would give the members using "defauly" somethign better to look at, unless syk can find his banner, which doesnt seem to be in the banner contest thread anyomre. Either way, I think a banner competition is in order for v7 eh? [/size]
  2. [size=1] Change to a liquid or industrial skin to see the buttons. Like Chou Long Kai said, click your profile (user cp) and edit it there, signatures are under the edit profile tag and avatars and skins are under the options tag. [/size]
  3. [size=1] Screwed since the point of man's fall out of Eden, dare I say it. The whole thing about the attack on that man and his child sickens me. For one, they could have killed a fragile young life then, thank God they didn't. Even if it was the guy took their celphone, they don't get any sympathy from me. Vicious thugs eoither way you look at it. I'd be really depressed if this world was as good as it got, fortunately it aint. [spoiler] Heaven awaits us.[/spoielr][/size]
  4. [size=1] Better yet, they should be flown to a poverty stricked country in Africa and told to live on what the people over there live on for a year. It would be a fantastic new cross over show! Osbournes Survivor! [/size]
  5. [size=1] If I remember the policy on favorites threads correctly, it would be spam if that was the only thing you said in the thread, something like "what is your favorite recipe, mine is the one for chicken soup yum!" would be spam. Something like "What is your favorite recipe? and what does it take to make it, an why do you like it", and perhaps ask for some stories regarding the topic in general would be okay, in the early iterations of OB people were bombarded with favorites threads, so it's kind of boring, just remember to add variety and acceptable discussion points, you should be fine. [/size]
  6. [size=1] [b] Thank you for posting, you will now be taken to your post. If the administrator has selected to moderate all posts, you will be taken tothe forum and your post will be displyed presently. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be able to do so. Click here if you do not wish to wait any longer or if your browser does not automatically forward you.[/b] It says something like that. Hope that helps ;) You're not doing anythingwrong, we all get that message. It simply tells us what's going on with our post. Spam is pointless topics, like someone here put it, [b]S[/b]tupid, [b]P[/b]ointless and [b]A[/b]nnoying [b]M[/b]essages[/size] If what you write is on topic, belons in that forum ect, you will have nothing to worry about. Check out the picture ;)
  7. [size=1] Racism makes me really angry. There's nothing that can get me angry so fast. Okay, so their skin is a darker shade of yours, or it's lighter than yours, doe that make the person? Hell no! Soem of the racists here in Christchurch spout off about our recent Asian Immigration boom, and how they hate asians, However, alot of them go back to their SONY entertainment systems, and their MITSUBISHI cars! How ignorant, moronic and patheticaly stupid can you get? I like the Asian Immigration boom, it's bringin variety and a different perspective to this largely Anglo-Saxon / city, Our native people, the Maori, have been for yers tryign to get what they deserve, what was stolen from them in the treaty of Waitangi by the Crown, sometimes, even in this day and age, Racism is still happening, and then, sometimes, you can see age old rifts, such as our own Waitangi coming together, (exempt the Maori's latest claim for the foreshore and seabed). Most of the world now see colour of the skin as no different than colour of your hair, and that's how it should be. [/size]
  8. [size=1] *brianwashes James* I have to agree wiht the moon landing actualy happening now, and thank God, I didn't really want to believe that man's greates achievement was filmed in a studio. Someone would have spilled it out now, and if it was a true hoax, do you think the "powers that be" up in the oval office would have let this documentary get made? I think now that the makers of the film got a NASA guy who didn't know how to refute their claims. As pointed out by Semjaza's website a few posts back, most claims can be refuted easily. Stupid me, of [b]course[/b] they'll get this guy who can make them look better, and the now easily refuted conspiracies If the moon landing was faked, why not simply fake the Mars landing too? there are many people, including myself, anxious to see the Mars landing in our time. [/size]
  9. [size=1] Here's more info on the PSX, long quote from Gamespot.com and PICTURES! [QUOTE]At a media briefing in Tokyo earlier today, Sony announced that it will release a new game console named PSX in Japan before the end of the year. Scheduled for release in North America and Europe sometime in 2004, the sleek-looking PSX console is essentially a redesigned PlayStation 2--albeit with plenty of additional features. With the exception of the console's 120GB hard drive and built-in Ethernet support, the PSX console's new features won't offer any benefits as far as gaming is concerned, but--thanks to the inclusion of a TV and broadcast satellite tuner and a DVD recorder--it will instead transform the PlayStation 2 into a set-top box capable of delivering online play, music, and movies straight out of the box. When playing games, you'll plug your controllers into the rear of the PSX console, where the hard drive and Sony Memory Stick compatibility have clearly rendered the standard PS2 memory cards obsolete. No pricing information for the PSX has been announced at this time, but the box will be marketed as a high-end electronics product rather than as a game console and, as such, will be handled by Sony's Home Electronics Division as opposed to Sony Computer Entertainment. [/QUOTE] It's going to be awesome! albeit expensive, I really like the idea of not having to worry about memory cards, but i do not like the idea of pluggin in the controllers at the back. [img]http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/news/05/28/psx/psx_screen005.jpg[/img] This is the back, reminds me of my VCR. Another thing I don't like is it's disk input system. Slot loading. [img]http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/news/05/28/psx/psx_screen007.jpg[/img] It doesn't look half as nice as the ps2 [img]http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/news/05/28/psx/psx_screen006.jpg[/img] It in fact, looks like one of those IBM machines at my old school that ran Windows 3.1 What makes up for it's shoddy backwards step in design, is the ability to burn T.V shows on to DVD, thereby (at least for me) rendering the need to have a seperate games console, DVD player and stereo obsolete. I'll see what it's like when it's released here [/size]
  10. [size=1] Mine's a real short story, 1. I like Evangelion, and the name Shinji is wicked, I like it, and 2, it's better than s@bretooth, my previous name, which was better than Nuchlear, which was better than Saiyangohan2002, which was better than Ginyu Frogz, ack. :whoops: [/size]
  11. [size=1] I find it funny that our television networks cut away from this mornings tv line up, for a blackout [b]half the world away![/b] Something told me that it must be more than mere blacjkouts like it is over here, and lo and behold, people for miles crowding the streets! People being rescued from subway lines, that was the first image of it I saw, and immediately though "oh God, not another terror attack" Fortunately it wasn't. I'm sure they'll sort the crisis out soon. And i don't think it will get to the point of looting like it did in the 1970's [/size]
  12. [size=1] Okay, you resurrected this... you want it, here goes... *story changed to majke it more interesting* It came to pass on the 13 of may 2010, that an evil warlord, Hakaji Musito, known as ROCK1, overthrew the Anime world, he took everything, from Yu Yu Hakusho, to Digimon, Dragonball Z, to Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, to Serial Experiments Lain, and threw them into one world, so that they might kill each other, and end Anime as we know it. It failed, for free will prevailed, and the Animes, great and small, all united to fend off ROCK1, and his evil creations. Start off, introduce yourselves into the and I will follow up with my post. [/size]
  13. [size=1] I still believe it's real to an extent, after watching that show though, I saw that the conspiracy I though was a joke, actually had some merit. They (conspriacy) put forth some pretty good arguments for the conspiracy side, such as Flag waving where there is no air Where is the Blast crater that would have been created by the incoming rocket's propulsion force? No dust on the lunar modue, considering it landed pretty hard on a dusty surface crosshairs on the picture actually dissapearing behind objects? Double speed video of the lunar landings look like astronauts joggin in our atmoshpere? What did the NASA guy have to say to all of this? "rubbish, rubbish, and total craziness" yet he never proved any of these theories wrong, he never even talked about hopw they could be explained, he'd be better off twiddlign his thumbs and keepign quiet! The NASA side would have looked so much better if the guy actually REFUTED some of the claims! I actually [b]want[/b] someone a little more competent than that guy to show me how oin fact, these thigns can be explained. p.s I made a moon landing thread too, but it dissapeared.... CONSPIRACY I TELL YA! [/size]
  14. [size=1] yeah, like Braidless baka said, pm me if you dig up my old threads :p but yeah, I will resurrect this RPG I'll start this RPG soon, first, let me get re aquainted with the story *brushes off the dust* [/size]
  15. [size=1] "there will be signs in the heavens at the end of the age" Matthew 24 Also, it says that "the moon will turn a blood red" - Revelation. . Perhaps, John the apostle, writing in the first century, saw a Mars in our atmosphere as a blood red moon. This + Grand Alignment 2000 + catastrophict tides and weather = Signs in the heavens. Biblicalness is not a word I don't think ;)[/size]
  16. [size=1] I like the banner, It would be even better if the background behind the circle was white, and the Tails pic wasn't stretched, other than that, it's simple and effective. [/size]
  17. [size=1] What exactly is it's pagan and wiccan significance? It has Bible prophecy significance too, I'd like to know what it's pagan significance is. [/size]
  18. [size=1] As many of you would have heard by now, Mars, the red planet, will be visible in our night sky this month, and on August 27th 2003, it will be closer to us that it has been for over 50 000 years. The reason being is that "Earth orbits one step inward from Mars in orbit around the sun, and we move faster than Mars in orbit. Every two years, we pass between the sun and Mars. We'll do that next on August 28. But every 15 years we pass between Mars and the sun at a time when Mars is closest to the sun in its orbit. This year, we're doing something more. We're going between Mars and the sun. Mars is closest to the sun. And Earth was farthest from the sun in its orbit on July 4. So, the day before Earth passes between Mars and the sun, on August 27, we'll be closer to Mars than we've been for tens of thousands of years." - earthsky.com I am very excitied :D I enjoy astronomical events like this, and the Grand Alignment 2000, which was purported to cause us cosmic doom. I also hope to see a star supernova in my lifetime too. Space has always transfixed me with it's beuty and awe, So I always get hyped for an event such as this. What do you think of Mars rising in our night sky this month? Will you be star gazing? Have you already seen it? [img]http://www.earthsky.com/2003/Images/0814.jpg[/img] It'd be cool to see it this size :D tjough, I higly doubt it wil get this close. - Peace out. [/size]
  19. [size=1] The worst thign that i've done to my sister wasn't out of malice. We were playing in the supermarket with a trolley waiting for our dad to finish shopping, and I acidentally tipped the trolley, and she almost hit her head on the wall beside us. Fortunately Dad had finished shopping and he corrected the trolley in time. I felt really bad after that, And I still feel bad about it today :sweat: [/size]
  20. [size=1] The book's older language makes it a bit hard to read. But I'm thinking of writing it up to be a one off Anime Movie. There are some cool bits in it that when made into a movie can be emphasized. Such as the showdowns and confrotnations, NOT the meticulous butter on the bread part. You also have to realise when reading this book, that it was never meant to be a book in the first place, it was a serial story published in a newspaper of the times. It was published daily I believe and those really long explanation bits were to fill in days, You'df want to draw it out to get as much money as possible form the newspaper publishing your epic, wouldn't you? [/size]
  21. [size=1] I love Mad magazine! What do you think of this satirical mag and what are your favorite moments from it's pages? my favorites would be the very first Satire i read from mad, Hokey'con, it was a really funny Pok'emon parody, and the issue where they re printed an old article called "the night people Vs. Creeping Meatballism". I always look forward to the Next Spy Vs, Spy, a section where a black spy and white spy duke it out. I enjoy their satires on movies and their political takes as well. Do you enjoy the very funny Mad Magazine? I want to talk about Mad TV as well, but that's another thread, for antoher forum, for another time :p [/size]
  22. [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Valen [/i] [B]'Cuse me you two, but those forums are NOT filled with spam, nor allows unregistered users to post. I shall ask him nicely to stop this tirade before I get ahold of him. Gomen about the flood of emails for you two. [/B][/QUOTE] [size=1] Only said the boards were [b]probably[/b] filled with spam, Logan said nothing like that ;) It was only an assuption, and a bad one at that, I know his boards do allow unregistered people to post in the one forum that is visible to guests, the rest of the board isn't. I'm sure it is a very nice board. I just don't like getting e mails from people getting me to sign up for this, this and this. And also thanks for clearing up the e mail policy James.[/size]
  23. [size=1] I nominate MillieFan for my nomination, because she's a really great person, and fellow believer in Christ too. Runner - Ups; Deathknight, Justin, Dan L, Juuthena, I wish I could have nominated you all :tasty:[/size]
  24. [size=1] I have also got e mail from this user, and so has Taylor Hewitt I believe. He did the exact opposite to what he was trying to achieve by emailing me. As if I'm going to go to a forum which is almost certainly filled of spam and other junk nonsense, I mean, for goodness sake, he has a guest forum for unregistered users to spam up! It seems that Eternal Dragon is registered here in a lame attempt to further his board. [/size]
  25. [size=1] I agree with Australia becoming a republic. I think it would be a great Idea if you had your own president, and were not under the jurisdiction of the Queen. I wish that for New zealand as well lol. I also think that it'd be better off as replacing your Prime Minister, as in instead of Prime Minister John Howard, you have President John Howard. Basically just change the title of PM, and not have a Govenor General figurehead at all. I also agree with Australians being able ot democraticaly elect their president, it'd be wierd to have the house of parliament "choose" their president. I made you a design for the new australian flag too. Perhaps you could create your own "union jack" type thingy. [img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=459550[/img] The idea here being that you create a symbol, that's like an identity for Australia, in my flag, I used the idea of turning the star currently under the union Jack, into the Australian symbol thing. [/size]
×
×
  • Create New...