MaceDavis Posted November 1, 2002 Posted November 1, 2002 I am surprised by the fact, that here you never here of this band, my oppinion is that they are the best rap/metal/rock band there is, what's your opinion on it
9mm Avenger Posted November 1, 2002 Posted November 1, 2002 Yeah, I've heard(right way to spell it) of Linkin Park, and I think they're quite good. They have quite a good drummer...Rob Bourdon...Quite a good drummer...Anyhow..
Semjaza Posted November 1, 2002 Posted November 1, 2002 I think everyone here knows this band. And if they didn't, they know now as this has been the 10th thread on the subject heh. Either way, not something I'd listen to.
NorykoAngelcry Posted November 1, 2002 Posted November 1, 2002 [COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I have also heard of Linkin Park ^_^ I love them. . though, I don't have a single record of theirs O.o I have thought about getting them. . but. . well, I honestly don't know why. Oh well. . maybe tommorow. . never know *shrug* [/SIZE][/COLOR]
Guest Anakin Solo Posted November 1, 2002 Posted November 1, 2002 I loved Linkin Pakrs Hybrid Theory, but Reanimation sucks. I bought Linkin Park...not too long after Hybrid Theory came out. Big fan here. :D
Transtic Nerve Posted November 1, 2002 Posted November 1, 2002 Here, as in on these boards? We've had... a bajillion topics on LP. You should check the next page for alot of posts on them and their Reanimation and Hybrid Theory albums.
Manic Webb Posted November 1, 2002 Posted November 1, 2002 I don't remember many LP threads, but I didn't browse this forum much until September. Yeah, I like Linkin Park. They're one of the bands that are slowly pulling me into the world of rock music, with their heavily-bassed (bass as in the instrument, not the fish) rapping and electric guitar.
Flash Posted November 1, 2002 Posted November 1, 2002 I didn't used to like Linkin Park, but in recent times I'm starting to pick up some of their old stuff... Quite good, even 'Crawling', which I used to [i]despise[/i]...
MaceDavis Posted November 1, 2002 Author Posted November 1, 2002 well i agree that hybrid was better than reanimation, but i also like alot of the reanimation songs, especially ports of athority
Break Posted November 1, 2002 Posted November 1, 2002 [size=1][color=crimson]Yeah Linkin Park are cool, they're earlier stuff is [i]alot[/i] better than the Reanimation CD, but that's me, I don't really think re-mixes are sufficient for a new album.p[/size][/color]
SithLadyofMetal Posted November 1, 2002 Posted November 1, 2002 Linkin Park? Meh...they're alright, but they're not the best Metal band. You ever heard of a band called Metallica? Now, [i]they[/i] are the best Metal band. But I do happen to enjoy the two good songs that they have. Ya know "Crawling In My Skin" and that other one they got. I forget what it was called.
Avalon Posted November 1, 2002 Posted November 1, 2002 I love Linkin Park. I have both of their CDs and now I'm kinda waiting on the next on to come out...
MaceDavis Posted November 1, 2002 Author Posted November 1, 2002 metallic? I would put linkin park more in the rap metal catagory, although I do like metalica, and most every form of rock, exept for like the light rock songs, and stuff like that, but um...ya I guess in that catagory they would fit somewhere around the line of best metal band, anyway what IS the next album called? I haven't checked it out yet, any information on it, or a link to a site, where they have it
Tsung Li Posted November 4, 2002 Posted November 4, 2002 [color=darkblue][SIZE=1]I like Linkin Park they're my favourite band, I liked reanimation, but I didnt think it was as good as Hybrid Theory, I like their older stuff alot, songs like "And One" and "Part of Me", but yeah Linkin Park rule :D .[/SIZE] [/color]
Guest Morph Posted November 4, 2002 Posted November 4, 2002 o_o;; They are so not metal.. Don't you dare make me laugh... When I first heard Reanimation, I cracked up laughing, they lost the small touch they had. It sounded like a techno/rap mix. I stole that CD from my friend and um burned it... :D Hybrid Theory was their only decent CD, I think they would fall under wannabe category. They don't have a spefic brand since Reanimation. MaceDavis, if you want to hear real metal, listen to Cradle of Filth, Cannibal Corpse, Slipknot, Murderdolls, Stone Sour, Powerman 5000, Disturbed, Kittie, Otep.... These bands are metal... I like punk rock better then metal though... o_O Both are sweet styles of music... Oh Poo, I forgot to mention two other bands Mudvayne and Marylin Manson, although I don't like Marylin Manson that much, he's got some kickass songs...
MaceDavis Posted November 4, 2002 Author Posted November 4, 2002 i didn't say i was interested in hering any metal, half the bands you listed I absolutely hate, I was just explaining how, there is no way you could catagorize linkin park, with metal
Guest Morph Posted November 4, 2002 Posted November 4, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MaceDavis [/i] [B]metallic? I would put linkin park more in the rap [color=red][u]METAL[/u][/color] catagory, although I do like metalica, and most every form of rock, exept for like the light rock songs, and stuff like that, but um...ya I guess in that catagory they would fit somewhere around the line of best metal band, anyway what IS the next album called? I haven't checked it out yet, any information on it, or a link to a site, where they have it [/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MaceDavis [/i] [B]I am surprised by the fact, that here you never here of this band, my oppinion is that they are the best rap/[color=red][u]METAL[/u][/color]/rock band there is, what's your opinion on it [/B][/QUOTE] Now what mister? I'm not trying to argue, its just that um, you are twisting things... Apparently with those two posts, the second one being the head topic post you categorized them as a metal band... Also, its Points of Authority, Not Ports of Athority... o_O I win? I am just proving a point... =D Nothing againist you, kind of... Heh
Semjaza Posted November 4, 2002 Posted November 4, 2002 Regardless I think most people do agree that Hybrid Theory would be a rap/metal CD. Reanimation is a remix/reinterpretation LP (which are normally EPs or singles, but whatever). I really do not understand how everyone expected it to sound like the first CD; the whole point of it's existance is to sound different from the original.
amibasuki Posted November 4, 2002 Posted November 4, 2002 [quote][b][u]quoting signature[/u]: Linkin park hoobastank foo fighters green day blink 182 papa roach jimmy eat world trust company red hot chili peppers tool[/b][/quote] [FONT=arial]:demon:you actually put Linkin Park above bands like the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Tool. you are insane.:demon: ANYWAYS, to jump on subject, Linkin Park is good to listen to. I wouldn't say they're like, the best, but they're decent. my favorite songs from Hybrid Theory are Papercut, A Place for My Head, and By Myself. I've had My December stuck in my head for the past couple of days for some reason.[/FONT]
SithLadyofMetal Posted November 4, 2002 Posted November 4, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SithLadyofMetal [/i] [B]Linkin Park? Meh...they're alright, but they're not the best Metal band. You ever heard of a band called Metallica? Now, [i]they[/i] are the best Metal band. But I do happen to enjoy the two good songs that they have. Ya know "Crawling In My Skin" and that other one they got. I forget what it was called. [/B][/QUOTE] :wigout: D@mn! I said that they are not the best Metal band when they aren't even Metal! What's wrong with me?!:worried:
Manic Webb Posted November 4, 2002 Posted November 4, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amibasuki [/i] [B][FONT=arial]I've had My December stuck in my head for the past couple of days for some reason.[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE] Great. Now I have "My December" stuck in my head. It took me a full month to flood that song out. Now I have to listen to 3 straight hours of Janet Jackson's "Black Cat" to get it out :rolleyes: Anyway, some of my favorite songs were "One Step Closer," "My Decenber," and "A Place for My Head." I used to like "In The End," but it got played out [i]fast.[/i] Now I can't stand it.
TheDarkOtaku Posted November 4, 2002 Posted November 4, 2002 I love Hybrid Theory. It's a great mix of many elements of music. Although the lyrics is what captivates me. They are infused with alot of emotion and have symbolic meaning. I admire their writing skills. But I have to admit, Reanimation is just too rap based for my tastes. Oh well, I guess I have to wait for the next album. :)
MaceDavis Posted November 5, 2002 Author Posted November 5, 2002 heh that'll be awhile, didn't reanimation like JUST come out, well you know like resontly (I can't spell for my life) anyway I think they are eventually going to go more and more into the catagory of rap, so...mabye you'll like the older one's, lol about that song OMG that the one song I HATE from linkin park, my december is so slow and borring!!!
amibasuki Posted November 6, 2002 Posted November 6, 2002 [FONT=arial]well, My December isn't exactly supposed to be happy and upbeat. it is a pretty simple song, but it's sounds good (to me, anyway) nonetheless. but to each his own...[/FONT]
MaceDavis Posted November 8, 2002 Author Posted November 8, 2002 well i like the basic "moral?" of the song but bsides that i'm more into the type of music, like Eminem's "lose yourself" or Hoobastank's "remember me" you know more upbeat songs, the only reason i don't like my december, is because it's slow and down beat, i like to listen to music i can dance to, you know? of course my all time favorite is "papercut". I like the rap/metal mix on the reanimation cd but, why are they rewriting some of there old songs? like why did they rewrite "points of autharity" does anyone know?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now