OtakuBoards

Friends and Weed

Acid

[size=1][color=firebrick] Right now I am at my friends house. When I arrived here I was.....not able to speak. He was high on weed. Phew! He showed me all theese sites that said it wasn't adsdictive and blah blah blah. Eventually he got me to try it and it isn't that bad. As in the fuems that is. It probably is gonna kick in pretty soon and I am gonna so ****ing phsyco. Usually it would be like....so he is doing weed. But his brother was right there.....after we looked at him and realise what we were doing we went to his room though. i [b]really[/b] don't like Albert when he is high but he is one of my best friends, what should I do?[/size][/color]

[FONT=arial]if you're doing weed just because your friend is, then don't. simple as that. if you're afraid your friend won't like you because you don't do weed, his loss, not yours.

I would recommend you and him not doing weed at all, but whatever floats your boat, I guess...[/FONT]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amibasuki [/i]
[B][FONT=arial]if you're doing weed just because your friend is, then don't. simple as that. if you're afraid your friend won't like you because you don't do weed, his loss, not yours.

I would recommend you and him not doing weed at all, but whatever floats your boat, I guess...[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=firebrick]Nah! It's not like that. I will not be doing weed anymore....ever. But I mean should I dump him because of his doing weed.........and his refusal to listen to me when I say it's bad.[/size][/color]

[color=darkred]Okay, this may sound stupid to some people, but it's like smokers. Don't preach to them about the fact they shouldn't be doing it...they do anyway. Just refuse to partake in it yourself.

If it does start to get in the way of your friendship, ie. Everything he does is to try to make you take drugs, [i]then[/i] dump him.

But if it isn't really affecting anything...then its his body...he can abuse it if he wants to. [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Asphyxia [/i]
[B][color=darkred]Okay, this may sound stupid to some people, but it's like smokers. Don't preach to them about the fact they shouldn't be doing it...they do anyway. Just refuse to partake in it yourself.

If it does start to get in the way of your friendship, ie. Everything he does is to try to make you take drugs, [i]then[/i] dump him.

But if it isn't really affecting anything...then its his body...he can abuse it if he wants to. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=firebrick]I am just afraid he is gonna get caught with it. BTW I am only 13....[/size][/color]

I have some experience in this field... what? No, people! NO! I've [i]never[/i] smoked weed! I can't even stand cigareetes. Besides, I have asthma.

I knew quite a few people who smoked weed, but I never let that affect my association with them. I never preached about how it was wrong (as if they'd listen) and I never let myself be around them if they decided to smoke in public. That's it.

If you see your friend light up and you're afraid he'll get caught, then it's your job to make sure you're nowhere near him when it happens (and to warn him, of course). And even though preaching about how wrong it is to smoke won't work, it never hurts to make a few references to how much money they're wasting on it.

[color=darkred]Just like I was only 13 when I first came up against it. If he gets caught, he'll get into trouble. As long as you aren't, then your fine. Half the time it's only when people [i]do[/i] get caught that they stop smoking weed. But don't [i]try[/i] to get him caught. He will eventually, anyway. If, he goes on to the bigger drugs, LSD, for example...then try to talk to him, or someone who can give you an idea how to help.

Until then, keep yourself out of trouble. You can't help someone if you need help yourself.

And, i know its hard...but try not to preach. Its one of the most annoying things there is.[/color]

Guest cloricus
If he is a good friend just ignore it or what ever you care to do, you will learn that smoking (be it smokes or weed) really doesn't matter and all the stuff you learnt in school is discarded and you forget about it.
My advise just get on with it, why does it matter - just because in school you were told it was bad does not mean it is, make up your own mind.

-Lord Epssy

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Asphyxia [/i]
[B][color=darkred]And, i know its hard...but try not to preach. Its one of the most annoying things there is.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]::bows:: You, melady, are wise.

Acid, you'll find that more and more people will start smoking weed and that it's actually an extremely common thing. I agree with a lot of what Lady Asphyxia says, and I believe that it is his choice to be doing what he is.

Weed isn't necessarily harmful like other drugs, though you're right about the fact that he may get caught. However, it probably isn't really your place to get mixed up in the situation; if he's going to do something that can get him in trouble then I'd advise you to steer clear of the subject entirely.

If he starts doing it more frequently then don't turn your head completely, but don't get on his case either. Just stick around and be a good friend in case he ever does get in trouble for something or another that is an effect of weed :whoops:[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]::bows:: You, melady, are wise.
[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

The word is "milady." :p

Acid--It's definitely nice to hear that you're not going to begin smoking weed. Like cigarettes, it will poison your lungs, possibly causing permanent damage. Furthermore, it has psychological effects, such as impairing judgment.

Honestly, I don't condone smoking period--especially for people your age.

If I were you, I wouldn't necessarily worry about him getting caught. Hopefully, his parents will catch him before he becomes addicted and set him on the right path.

I would worry about being caught while I'm with him. You could easily run into trouble if the smell clings to your clothing or whatnot too.

[size=1][color=firebrick]My friend is Shibby Hash and he has been spamming like crazy. Just in case you haven't noticed. :P If you don't believe I am at his house and not just useing an extra name to SPAM, you can check the IP of some of my older posts. But yea C-W-B I tried to tell him all of that stuff. But he just doesn't care. *sigh*[/size][/color]

Yea dude, just take it from me, your friend isnt gonna dump weed and your not gonna be able to get around it.

I hope that you and him can still be friends, but 13 is awefully young to get into that kind of trouble.

Stay away from the junk, please, run! as fast as you can, just dont do drugs.

[quote]Boosh Boosh Kuch KUch Boom Boom Wika Wika W00t W00t Kablamo.....**** I am stoned nigga!

HEy dananosaurus....weed is coo yo.....dont make me bust caps all up in your hizzaaz.......****erz that hurt[/quote]

[color=darkred]That one? Well...if I were not totally impartial, I would flame you for being friends with someone with grammar that bad(I have a thing about grammar)...however, I am impartial.

As for the being told what it can do...you think people don't know? There is a big difference between ignorance and apathy, and half the time people are apathetic. With the number of drug adds, smoking adds, and alcahol adds, I doubt even three year olds don't know what it does to you![/color]

[quote][color=deeppink][b]::bows:: You, melady, are wise.[/b][/color][/quote]

[color=darkred]Why, thank you! *blushes* [/color]

Guest boogeta
If he wants to do it let him but dont snicth on him no one will ever be your friend for that (:smoke: you dont want to be like this)

[color=deeppink]Heh, the thing is, weed really [i]isn't[/i] that big of a deal. There have been numerous times when I've been at my boyfriend's appartment when his roommates openly smoke weed in front of us. Other than the smell it doesn't really bother me.

I've never smoked weed and I don't intend to, however, if people that I hang out with do, then that is their choice entirely. [/color]

kent, you may think thirteen is young, there are kids in 5th grade on heroin.

but mon, dont be hatin mon*puffs weed*....wait, that's not FUNNY....

i will never someke weed. i know a bunch of people say that, but our health teacher brought in a pigs lung simulated to look like a human's lung that had smoked weed, and......omg......

i have asthma too...

anyway, i hate being around someone who's high, ESPECIALLY people i care about... i try to stop them, which is okay if they do it only occasionally, but none of my friends are addicted, and only one of them has done it, i think.....

anyway, i guess if you dont like it and you dont want him to get hurt from weed, i guess you should show him the FACTS..that might help.. but maybe not...try a pig's lung.

[color=indigo]I have one friend that smoke weed. It does not bother me too much. It is his choice; it is his body and mind. I am not going to get on his case about it, as long as he respects that I do not smoke marijuana. He does, and does not smoke it when I am around.

He does not really smoke it that often anymore. He does not really have the sources or the money to. It is just kind of an occasional thing for him, I guess.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]Heh, the thing is, weed really [i]isn't[/i] that big of a deal. [/B][/QUOTE]

I disagree with that entirely. Anything that starts off an addiction isn't good. And what it does to your body is frightening. You can find out about it anywhere. just look.

I had a friend who smoked weed. The main reason I objected to it was that he always said drugs was something he was never going to do, and promised me he wouldn't. I felt betrayed by that, and I told him this. Him being him, he stopped because he didn't want to lose me as a friend. I had nothing against him doing it really, but I was scared he was going to hurt himself- he enjoys cutting himself fairly regularly. His brother was worse, but I won't go into that. It ended up in a lot of problems.

But anyway, it's up to you. If you've got nothing against him doing weed, then don't object. If you don't want to do it, then don't, and tell him if you feel you're being pushed into something you don't want to do. Be honest. If you do object, then tell him how you feel. Don't try and get him to stop, just tell him how you feel about it. He should respect that. If he doesn't then he isn't a good friend.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solo Tremaine[/i]
[B]Anything that starts off an addiction isn't good.[/B][/QUOTE][color=indigo]Marijuana is not much of an addictive substance. Given there may be a few cases where a person does have some kind of dependence on it, most people could quit just as easily as they started. They just continue to do it because they like the feeling it gives them, not because they are addicted. For example, I have a friend that likes to jog to get her adrenaline pumping. She does not [i]have[/i] to jog, but she does it because it makes her feel good. She could stop jogging if she wanted. I know it is a bit odd comparing a healthy excerise to an illegal drug, but the comparison works all the same. Most people also know the risks of smoking marijuana before they do, and accept them. If they do not, then they learn of them and decide against it, or just accept them and continue doing it.[/color]