Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Argh! I wish I had a PS2 so bad, but my parents are paranoid about education. Do any of you guys have parents like that? I only have an n64...and it's not even mine.
Posted
um...not really my parents are leniant... besides i got great grades and do watever the hell i want lol... im sorry we dont fit into the same category..but you do however fit into my wife's category...her parents were like that...
Posted
My parents don't really concern themselves over what I own. Probably because I pay for it all myself (even the internet lol). I've always gotten good grades and had game systems, so they never really got on me about that.
Posted
[color=indigo]Currently I have no gaming system. I need to get a job to pay for the other half of it, lol. My parents do not care too much about my academics. As long as my grades are good, then they do not mind. If my grades start to lip then they may limit the amount of time I spend online or whatever. Other than that, I do not really have a problem with anything like that.[/color]
Posted
[FONT=arial]my parents were never really that big on video games just because we'd be fighting over it all the time, though they also probably thought it would take away from our homework time or something. we finally got our first game console during the summer, my younger brother and deedlit probably use it the most though. [/FONT]
Posted
[color=red] My parents are very controlling of me. I'm somewhat used to it, but sometimes I just get sick of it. They also pressure me and have some high expectations of me...

Like my Dad says I need to get a B average so I can get cheaper insurance for my car...and so on.

But all in all, what your parents try to do for you is what will help you through life. Even if you don't realize it know, you certainly will when you are older.[/color]
Posted
I've got a PS2 (only 3 games though), PS1, N64, an old Nintendo, Gameboy color, and Gameboy advance. I don't really get good grades either, the lowest a C on my report card. And I get all my stuff for X-mas and B-day or just bribing. Sorry, don't I suck? :rolleyes:
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by anime_gurl [/i]
[B]Argh! I wish I had a PS2 so bad, but my parents are paranoid about education. Do any of you guys have parents like that? I only have an n64...and it's not even mine. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'd say doing well in school is just slightly more important than some game system.
Posted
[COLOR=royalblue]My father was like that. Very controlling, and he hated any type of gaming system. But i don't live with him, so it doesn't really matter. [/COLOR]
Posted
[color=darkblue]
My dad has always been very big on gaming, so I get some cool systems. I have a PS2 and a computer, but that's about all.

I get good grades in school, so that's probably a good sign too. I have A's in each class except for one where the teacher hates me because I sent in a letter about him verbally abusing my life-long friend. So I got a lower grade than everyone in Physics, even though I'm about 4 chapters ahead of everyone and do the most work in the class.
[/color]
Posted
Anime_gurl, are you doing well in school without a gaming system? I'd think most parents would be okay if their kid was an A student and got a game system... But if someone is a C or less student, I'd figure they have a legitimate worry. Which of those are you?

I think games are one of the reasons I've learned to read and write well (reading all those RPGs), but I know many people that play games until it takes over their lives and they do poorly in class and many other things. So I really don't know that they are being [i]unfair[/i ] or anything, and either way. like wrist cutter said, school is important anyway.

Do well enough, get a good job and buy all the systems you want when the time comes :D.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i]
[B][size=1]Um...I've never had any sort of gaming system. Isn't that curious?[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

No, not really. ;)

People with your level of maturity have no interest in such banalities. Alas, I on the other hand, have never quite grown up. :D
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mnemolth [/i]
[B]People with your level of maturity have no interest in such banalities. [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't think the enjoyment of games has anything to do with level of maturity. I don't like games, and look at me.
Posted
I've been wanting alot of things my parent's won't buy for me. And when they do say they will htere's alway's a catch or I have to wait till...Forever before I can get it! Recently I've been begging for a ps2 aswell but my parent's say it's not worth it... So I've teamed up with my brother and we're each paying 50/50. It's the only way (for me anyway's).

Right at the moment I've only got GBC (about 5 games) and GBA (one game but it's the best and most exciting I have). Those are the only game systems I have at the time.
Posted
Yes, many games require a high level of patience and concentration. Despite the crazy stuff I do on the boards, I'm mature enough to pay my way in life.

I mean, I've never had pressure put on me to get good grades; it has just always been my responsibility. My only requirement was finishing high school, which I did quite successfully. Now, I'm in college and doing exceptionally well for myself, and I've played games for as long as I can remember.

I don't believe that anime_gurl's parents are wrong, however. Video games, like television, can distract one from their studies. They're really just looking out for you, anime_gurl. Your best bet would be to make a deal with them. Either work out how long you will play the console during the week or form an agreement concerning your grades. If you want to keep your gaming privileges, then it could be motivational for you in a sense, in that you would have a bargain to uphold.

Christmas is coming soon enough, so I'm sure that you can work something out. It would be a good opportunity to prove your maturity and sense of responsibility.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiccolosGirl [/i]
[B]I agree with crazy white boy. [/B][/QUOTE]

This is what we call SPAM. You should read the rules. Posting someting as irrelevant as this is not acceptable. Please refrain from doing that. Thank you.
Posted
I own a PS1, N64, SNES, Genesis, NES, and an Atari. After spending money on my computer & accessories, my mom said she wasn't buying me anymore game systems.

Luckily, my PS1 stopped working, so she's getting me a PS2 for Christmas because I told her it plays PS1 games. As soon as I get a job, I'll be buying my own games.
Posted
No, I'm not getting horrible grades right now. I'm in all honors and my lowest grade is a 94. *looks at my B average friend with about five game systems* *starts attacking things*
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by amibasuki [/i]
[B][FONT=arial]...we finally got our first game console during the summer, my younger brother and deedlit probably use it the most though. [/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=009966][b]I would like to say right now that this is Deedlit using Amibasuki's account. The cookies on this computer won't clear or something, thus she can't log out of her account, and I can't log in! :grumble:

Actually, I hardly play it. At all. I never was much of a PlayStation fan. :cross: It's mainly my little brother and sister who play it.[/color][/b]
Posted
Well I never really ask for Material items, actually thats not true......but I aske for pets more than I ask for games and stuff...I have asked for a horse(got three),a dog(got two),a cat(i got five),a ferret(got four),and bunnies(got two)

:) My parents love pets!

I usually get whatever I want because I literally don't talk to them for a week...then they have to get me to talk to them, by getting it for me...



Don't I sound spoiled...I'm not. I think...My friends think I'm a spoiled brat..
Posted
I think that your parents may not wanna get you a PS2 b/c you may get bored with it in a few months...and then they may be thinking about..Well what if a PS3 comes out.. they are in a way trying to cover up the fact they don't wanna buy you a $200 gift...
But then again they may say they don't wanna get it for you and then when X-Mas(or the holiday you celebrate) comes around they may get you one... So keep you hopes up..but not too high!!!
Guest boogeta
Posted
I have to work for whatever I want so if I want a pony then I work for it and then get it and still keep your hopes up just like sweetreyes said

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...