Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Maybe domebody can help settle a dispute between my best friend and I. It is about the color of Trunk's hair. We have been argueing about wether trunk's hair is purple or grey. I have people say that it is both ways.
Guest QuickSilver
Posted
i say its purple not grey, Grey would make the hair lighter. Soon his hair should turn green like Bulmas
Posted
[QUOTE]it's deffinitly purple. Ask your friend if she's taken an eye test recently.[/QUOTE]

First of all, HE is the one who thinks it is purple, I think that It looks grey sometimes and other times it looks purple.
Posted
Actually, I thought Trunks' hair was grey for about 2 years. Most pictures I see of Chibi Trunks (to me) look like he has a bright silver-ish hair color. I think his hair is a light-greyish-purple.

Future Trunks' hair looks very much purple, though. Lavender, even.
Posted
[color=indigo]o_O I really thought everyone knew it was purple, or at least some variation of purple. If it was gray, you would know it was grey, there would be no little dispute.

People these days, lol. ^_^[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve[/i]
[B]Trunk's hair was silver as a preteen. In the Trunk's TV Special it was a grey-ish silver with a slight ting of purple. As he grows older it becomes more purple.[/B][/QUOTE][color=indigo]For the first time I must disagree with you on this DragonBall knowledge (if one may call it that, lol). Even as a pre-teen his hair is undoubtably some variation of purple.

I copy and pasted a picture of Trunks as several ages in PhotoShop and used the eyedropper tool to pick up the different shades of color in his hair. Each one was some variation of a purple or magenta color. You can try it yourself if you would like. The color code for silver is C0C0C0. You will notice that the colors in Trunk's hair, even at their lightest, do not even come too close to that area.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]For the first time I must disagree with you on this DragonBall knowledge (if one may call it that, lol). Even as a pre-teen his hair is undoubtably some variation of purple.

I copy and pasted a picture of Trunks as several ages in PhotoShop and used the eyedropper tool to pick up the different shades of color in his hair. Each one was some variation of a purple or magenta color. You can try it yourself if you would like. The color code for silver is C0C0C0. You will notice that the colors in Trunk's hair, even at their lightest, do not even come too close to that area.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I did say it has a slight ting of purple. I'm quite aware it wasn't pure silver. However it was more silver there then lets say in GT where his hair is a rather blunt purple color.
Posted
If we want to debate over hair color, why not talk about how Bulma's hair changes frequently between purple, blue, aqua, and green? And let's not forget how Vegeta's hair went from brown to black.

So yeah. It's a really light purple.
Posted
[color=red]I've seen some pics where it's gray, but it's probably because the color is off. Heck, some pictures make it look white!

In all honesty, I believe it's purple. Vegeta's hair is black, Bulma's hair is green...it seems more likely they'd make purple than gray.

--J.C.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by vegeta rocker[/i]
[B]Vegetas (see avatar) was like a black with brown highlights. He frosted his hair (:[/B][/QUOTE][color=indigo]When you first see him before he even gets to Earth he has brown hair. [i]Dominantly[/i] brown hair. No frosting of the hair at all, lol. Yet, for some reason, when he came to Earth, it was black.[/color]
Posted
What I find odd about the hair of these charactors isnt the color but rather the growth and style.

I know the rules of a sayains hair, but think about this...

gohan- hair grows like a human
trunks-hair grows like a human
goten- I dont think so, his hair stays the way it is. Like gokous.

Of course, I should just go to the final eps. I have on tape.

Although, that might not be perfect either because although a saiyans hair doesnt grow, they can still cut it.

so what do you guys think.

Plus, I think that alot of stuff we talk about on the boards are subjects of speculation that were never really thought about because dbz is a cartoon. The laws of science dont apply.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]When you first see him before he even gets to Earth he has brown hair. [i]Dominantly[/i] brown hair. No frosting of the hair at all, lol. Yet, for some reason, when he came to Earth, it was black.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Now THAT was funny. I remember seein that. And how he was able to change his clothes in such a SMALL pod is far beyond me.

But as far as hair color goes, this is from what I can tell.

Trunks's hair is light purple and silverish(about like Transit said)

Vegeta's and the rest of the Saiya-Jin's(other than Bra)has black hair)

And Bra and Bulma....well, they're female. (Note: This next line is speaking as if I was IN DBZ.)They probably paid to get their hair that way anyway. :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...