Devon Posted November 12, 2002 Posted November 12, 2002 i think that boston public is a great show. it deals with a lot of things that happen in schools these days. i also think its very entertaining. my favorite charater is probably mike rappaport. he plays the role so well. does anyone else here watch the show? if you do what do you think?
Syk3 Posted November 12, 2002 Posted November 12, 2002 Hmm..I have to disagree with you on one thing...almost NONE of these things happen in real life, and if they do, they wouldn't happen to one school. However, I do find it to be entertaining. It's just all this stuff that would be interesting if it actually happened, and it comes together with some good actors, a little comedy, and some plot twists. I guess I've been watching it for a couple years, since it started airing, and the rest of my family likes it, so it's like the only time we get together as a family other than dinner, haha.
vegeta rocker Posted November 12, 2002 Posted November 12, 2002 I am a big fan of this show ever since it started i have watched. I like that jeri ryan of star trek is on it now, and i like the teacher with a bow tie that came from the show picket fences. I find all of the arguments and drama have a good spot on a high school campus. Though like it was said before i doubt they would all happen to the same school. I missed the season premiere though...darn.
Avalon Posted November 12, 2002 Posted November 12, 2002 I started watching this show last month...it's kinda good. My cousing got me hooked on it so I began to tape it...
Rhys Mayiessen Posted November 12, 2002 Posted November 12, 2002 Yeah I like the show as well. I think that last night's episode was really funny. Perticually when Marla and Danny (teachers) started to punch each other!:laugh:
Devon Posted November 12, 2002 Author Posted November 12, 2002 and then their hooking up. HA! and for the record. i dident mean that the stuff happens at 1 school but school in general.
Sui Generis Posted November 13, 2002 Posted November 13, 2002 Personally I think BP is a great show. Some eps better than others but thats ok. I really liked the fact that they confronted the whole "******" issue. I was impressed by that. I mean you'll see shows about it everyonce in a while but you never see both sides, the pro's and con's. Also I like the fact that the teachers arn't all "We love eachother" it puts a more realistic affec to the show. Its a real down to Earth show that points out to America some of its problems in HighSchool.
Devon Posted November 13, 2002 Author Posted November 13, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lalaith Ril [/i] [B]Personally I think BP is a great show. Some eps better than others but thats ok. I really liked the fact that they confronted the whole "******" issue. I was impressed by that. I mean you'll see shows about it everyonce in a while but you never see both sides, the pro's and con's. Also I like the fact that the teachers arn't all "We love eachother" it puts a more realistic affec to the show. Its a real down to Earth show that points out to America some of its problems in HighSchool. [/B][/QUOTE] which ****** topic do you mean?
Sui Generis Posted November 13, 2002 Posted November 13, 2002 ArghI forgot Otaku Boards bleeped it out...I ment the "N" word...in other words [b][size=huge][color=red]BAD WORD ALERT[/size][/b][/color] Nig ger
Semjaza Posted November 13, 2002 Posted November 13, 2002 Honestly, this school should have been closed 10 times now. I personally cannot stand the show for reasons I don't care to type out :).
Tigervx Posted November 13, 2002 Posted November 13, 2002 Good show, i can't watch it now though. The most shocking episode for me was the last one about the sex affair with the teacher and the student. I mean who would of thought that otehr guy (forogt his name) would get fired?:eek:
sydney Posted November 13, 2002 Posted November 13, 2002 The show is great, and I personaly thought that VP Goober is one of the best characters in the show. You can love him you can hate him, but when it comes down to it he is involved in the best storylines.
Delian Posted November 14, 2002 Posted November 14, 2002 I personally enjoy the show. It's quite entertaining. Although some of the issues might portray reality, the rest of it ain't bad.
NorykoAngelcry Posted November 14, 2002 Posted November 14, 2002 [COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Harry is one of the best reasons I love the show. . his character can be so awesome some times ^_^ I really like all the teachers, and how each one has his or her quirks. . no one is perfect after all. Many of the issues they bring up are really good, even though I grew up in a pretty safe school environment. . really though, it does put some light on many situations that you can't ever really be prepaired for. I have not seen the show in quite a while, sadly, and the last few times I have tried to record it, my power on my VCR was on, disabling the timer feature >_< Well. . I will have to try harder next time. . *sigh*[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Guest Musahi Posted November 27, 2002 Posted November 27, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Syk3 [/i] [B]Hmm..I have to disagree with you on one thing...almost NONE of these things happen in real life, and if they do, they wouldn't happen to one school. [/B][/QUOTE] [size=1]Besides the sex room and the stabbing of a teacher, almost eveything on that show has happened to our school. Well, we don't have attractive, singing teachers either though. Heh, whatever it's an ok show. I mainly just watch to see what Harvey says, because he is so funny.[/size]
TheShinje Posted November 27, 2002 Posted November 27, 2002 [FONT=arial] [color=red] Boston public is easily one of the best dramas on TV, because you wouldn't hear of it here in New Zealand, I liked quite a few episodes, and the characters make it good prime time viewing [/color] [/FONT]
::Ex-Soldier:: Posted November 28, 2002 Posted November 28, 2002 It's alright. I watch it when nothing else is on.
Schrat Posted November 28, 2002 Posted November 28, 2002 i think the shows great, i watch i everyweek before RAW (which rules). what happened to the teacher with the blonde hair from the first to seasons?
Syk3 Posted November 28, 2002 Posted November 28, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Schratn9 [/i] [B]i think the shows great, i watch i everyweek before RAW (which rules). what happened to the teacher with the blonde hair from the first to seasons? [/B][/QUOTE] That's a good question. But with all of the new teachers every season, it's no wonder she probably quit. Ah, well, barely any of the originals are still there anyway.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now