OtakuBoards

Yu-Gi-Oh: Rate My Deck

Shy

Reduce to as close as you can to 40 cards. 43 should be the limit.

For themes currently in the English game, don't do multi-themes. That mostly applies to Japanese too. For each one, you won't have enough support. Two-themes might be playable, but if you have something like a Dragons/Spellcasters/warriors, then you really have nothing to focus onn.
So I reccommened you drop either Dark or Earth, and focus one one of those.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest GriffXL
I can see what you mean and i know it is difficult to have 2 themes but in my deck i have like 1 and a half theme. Instead of having Gaia Power and Mystic plasma zone i only have gaia so that and milus radiant can power up my earth monsters and my regular powerups can power up the darks (or if i need a power up anything else). And i dont focus on the monster attribute like dragons/spellcasters/warriors i focus on mostly earth and a few dark cards w/ either a high attack like la jinn and skull or stuff like kuriboh and witch.
The card limit is something else too.I dont want to few cards and too many so 50 has been working for me and usually i go through all my cards cept for like 15 so if im playing w/ 40 theyll win by default.

Guest GriffXL
dark hole is like a filler until they get raigeki change of heart is good if u want to see what he has,switch it out,if its a man eater just have it destroy itself or another of his monsters. but those 2 cards are used by lots of people and anyone who is in their right state of mind.

Those cards are called staples.
Meaning that they should be in every deck, no matter what the theme. (Although in Japan, cards like Cyber jar have a few exceptinos)
Dark Hole is not a filler. You actually should have it in your deck with or without Raigeki.

List of staples: (English)
Raigeki
Dark Hole
Change of Heart
Pot of Greed
Monster Reborn
Premature Burial
Call of the Haunted
Graceful Charity (When released)
Jinzo
Magic Cylidner (When released)
Cyber Jar

Semi-Staples
Witch of the Black Forest
Sangan
Mystical Space Typhoon
Snatch Steal

I might be forgetting a few...

Guest GriffXL
I know dark hole is a staple but ive seel alot of people take it out after the got a raigeki so i said that. and wouldnt jinzo be a semi staple since some decks revolve around traps?

Well decks shouldn't relvove around traps. That's very very unlikely that you would win. and the fact that you can really base a deck on any certain trap is a downfall. Avatar of Apophis, Metal Relfect Slime, and Slime Reactor are okay, but Jinzo comes out and is its endgame.
Having a deck with 12 or more traps is Jinzo bait. And even so, If you do come across oen fo those, Jinzo will tear that deck appart.

Every deck needs trap negation. And having too many traps slows you down.

Guest GriffXL
yea but what about if u didnt have a jinzo 7 tools still does negate a trap and thats good maybe at the cost of some life points but still it should be atleast a semi staple.

Simple negation like that isn't really required in a deck.
Those one turn cards like Magic Jamer or Seven Tools, are helpful, but not good enough to be staples or semi-staples.
Cards like Jinzo and Imperial Order are better, because they last longer, are more reliable, and are pretty much without cost.

Guest GriffXL
Ok i can see that but i do think we should stop this little discussion seing how its only us 2 replying and it is the Rate My Deck sticky not What Cards are Staples sticky. lol

Guest GriffXL
uhh sonic bird it lets u get the ritual magic card when it is played in atk mode.senju of the thousand hands lets u get the actual ritual monster. witch would also be helpful but u should already have that in ur deck.mof to get the magic card back. uhhh thats all i can think of right now.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Domon [/i]
[B]Can someone tell me what cards i should have in a Relequenished deck, i finally got one today for $20 yay! Any sugguestions would be great. Many thanks. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]
Lol, I got mine for a dollar but it was bent, and then I traded it for a Gate Guardian :D

Anyway, as they said, Senju of the Thousand Hands, Sonic Bird, and Witch of the Black Forest are good, as well as *shudders* Mystic Tomato. At least he gets it.

You need staples, naturally. I would also go for a dark theme and add some Witch's Apprentice cards (2-3), and a Mystic Plasma Zone. Both of those cards really help in Dark decks.

Gravity Bind is also another option, if Relinquished is going to be your main theme. That way, your opponent won't be able to attack with monsters other than Man-Eater Bug and the like, but your Relinquished will.

Also, a good thing about the Witch's Apprentice cards (especially when you have Gravity Bind), is that if all three are on the field, the other dark monsters are powered up by 1500 and each of the Witch's Apprentice cards will be at 2050 (and they're 3-stars), not to mention if you have Mystic Plasma Zone on the field. Relinquished is already at 2,000, not to mention the absorbed monster.
[/color]

Well i finally put Relinquished in a deck, my spellcaster deck, i also threw in Sonic Bird and Senju. Mystic Tomato and WOBF are in my dragon deck, so i can get out Lord of D. or high defense monsters. So no problems now cause Relinquished found a home. ^_^

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by HyperShadow [/i]
[B]Those cards are called staples.
Meaning that they should be in every deck, no matter what the theme. (Although in Japan, cards like Cyber jar have a few exceptinos)
Dark Hole is not a filler. You actually should have it in your deck with or without Raigeki.

List of staples: (English)
Raigeki
Dark Hole
Change of Heart
Pot of Greed
Monster Reborn
Premature Burial
Call of the Haunted
Graceful Charity (When released)
Jinzo
Magic Cylidner (When released)
Cyber Jar

Semi-Staples
Witch of the Black Forest
Sangan
Mystical Space Typhoon
Snatch Steal

I might be forgetting a few... [/B][/QUOTE]

so in other words you have almost made a deck another 25 cards and thats it so almost half the deck would be the same for everyone, I just think that varity is more fun than winning and i specifcally make decks that don't win but are fun to play.

That's not what i'm saying.
Tha's not half your deck. You don't need to use all of those cards. Some don't work well for themes.
Most of your support is in your monsters. That's half your deck. (Around that) Most of your magic and trap section is staples. About 2-6 cards in your magics are support cards. And pretty much all of your traps are stapled.
That's how a good competetive deck is structured. Fun decks are fine. But usually, fun decks still follow the same basic structure. They just usually are decks with personality, based off your local metagame.

Guest Altron Gundam
Those of you who are new to the card game, please check out theOtaku.com's Deck Building Guide before posting here. It will help you become familiar with the basic form of a Yugioh deck and give everyone else specific tips rather than teaching you what are staples and so on. Anyway ...here's the url.

[url]http://www.theotaku.com/yugioh/deckbuilding.shtml[/url]

Here's my current deck in EDS. It is a Dark type deck, and I haven't had much trouble with it(unless I get hit with an Imperial Order, then I have to worry about getting decked).

NORMAL MONSTERS- 15
Cosmo Queen
Summoned Skull
Summoned Skull
Gemini Elf
Gemini Elf
La Jinn
La Jinn
La Jinn
Mechanicalchaser
Mechanicalchaser
Vorse Raider