Jump to content
OtakuBoards

cartoons overated


Recommended Posts

Guest boogeta
Posted
I was just wacthing spongebob with my sisters and [COLOR=red]how much nonsense can you put in a show tell me what you think[/COLOR]
Posted
You'd be surprised... I mean, not to offend anyone who likes this, but look at those nick jr shows... I mean damn... but there's also a show you should watch if you think Spongebob is dumb... I don't remember the name of it offhand... but I'll remember it soon enough...
Guest boogeta
Posted
I'm not saying its dumb I'm just saying that they have way to much nonsense in it and the same with all the other shows on nickelodeon for example the fairly odd parents doesnt have that much nonsense put it's realy stupid Im just saying would you want yourbrother or sister running around acting like spongebob
Posted
i think the dumbest thing on tv is hamptaro. it is the most redicolous show on tv. i hate it. i mean whats worse than a bunch of hampsters running around with peachy cheeks!
Posted
[size=1][font=verdana]Yeah, but they're [i]cute[/i] hamsters running around with peachy cheeks.

I don't really watch tv, so I guess I don't have much to say about the state of them these days....tho' if anyone wants to start a conversation about 80's cartoons, well.... ^_^[/size][/font]
Posted
Some shows do seem to be "How much inanity can we cram into half an hour?" The gags aren't even clever like Tom and Jerry. Spongebob, Cow and Chicken, that genre... I've tried watching them, but I can't make myself watch them through. There's just so little substance to them that it's just boring in short order.
Posted
[color=red][b]I like sponge bob. I think it's funny. Maybe it's because my girlfriend likes it, but still....

I like most cartoons. Some I can't stand tho, like Digimon. I just never liked it.[/b][/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by boogeta [/i]
[B]I'm not saying its dumb I'm just saying that they have way to much nonsense in it and the same with all the other shows on nickelodeon for example the fairly odd parents doesnt have that much nonsense put it's realy stupid Im just saying would you want your brother or sister running around acting like spongebob [/B][/QUOTE]

Note: She already does... and if she does that damned laugh one more time, I'm moving to a spongebob-free place... like an island or something...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by boogeta[/i]
[B][COLOR=red]how much nonsense can you put in a show tell me what you think[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE][color=indigo]Perhaps you never watched the likes of Barney&Friends? Teletubbies? Vegetales? Spongebob Squarepants is the Superbowl compared to those.[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by boogeta [/i]
[B]Im just saying would you want yourbrother or sister running around acting like spongebob [/B][/QUOTE]

No, because then that would make two of us ;)
I like Spongebob. Some cartoons just don't have to make sense. Personally, I didn't like Cow & Chicken (butts drawn... too graphic!) but Spongebob is about a sponge who lives under the sea and flips burgers at a restaurant owned by a crab. It dares to be stupid! If you don't like shows that don't make any sense, let's talk about the ones that aren't even cartoons (Tom Green, Jackass, Hits from the Street, Jamie Kennedy, ect.)


:box: I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by boogeta [/i]
[B]I'm not saying its dumb I'm just saying that they have way to much nonsense in it and the same with all the other shows on nickelodeon for example the fairly odd parents doesnt have that much nonsense put it's realy stupid Im just saying would you want yourbrother or sister running around acting like spongebob [/B][/QUOTE]
I find it to be the other way around, actually. Fairly Odd Parents seems like constant nonsense while Sponge Bob Square Pants, in my opinion, is pretty darn funny. hahah

Sure, there's some nonsense, but it's not completely random, and it's stuff that's really funny. Spongebob is great.
Guest boogeta
Posted
I like spongebob but that is to much nonsense even for me I dont know how you guys can wacth it but there are some episodes I like
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Perhaps you never watched the likes of Barney&Friends? Teletubbies? Vegetales? Spongebob Squarepants is the Superbowl compared to those.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [size=1][font=verdana]Whoa, whoa, whoa..... Veggietales are awesome!

Granted, the Jonah movie was.....weird....

But Bob is cool! And the songs are fun. And the french peas are hilarious.

Heh

I've never seen SpongeBob. Don't have cable or satellite or anything...and, yeah. [/size][/font]
Guest boogeta
Posted
I like Vegietales but that isnt my favorite cartoon and yay the peas are realy funny I also like the songs
Posted
I'll tell you what...

HuggaBunch was the dumbest cartoon I ever saw!

HaggaBunch-a-crap I say!!
Guest boogeta
Posted
I didnt see the movie but it sounded stupid
Posted
My cousin is involved with making those Veggietales shows, so I got to hear about that mvoie like constantly... Even after all that, I've yet to even see the show lol.

Most cartoons are nonsensical. I don't want to watch dramatic cartoons all the time, it's a nice change of pace. I love Spongebob, mostly because of the same reason you hate it.

All I can say is either get over it, or don't watch it... I'll never agree with you guys and I'll be watching these moronic and nonsensical cartoons the rest of my life! :D
Guest boogeta
Posted
Your right there because there is no animation in it
Posted
Some cartoons don't have to make sense all the time to be good. Looney Tunes had more nonsense in between 3-15 minute shorts than SpongeBob Squarepants could ever pull off in one thirty minute episode and yet most of these have been classics for 60+ years. I am not a huge fan of SpongeBob but I find it entertaining. I just don't understand, fully, the appeal of the show.

Cow and Chicken and I am Weasel were favorites of mine until I saw how low they could go. Don't get me started on Ren and Stimpy and The Ripping Friends.
Posted
[quote][i]Originally posted by Sara[/i]
[size=1][b]Whoa, whoa, whoa..... Veggietales are awesome!

Granted, the Jonah movie was.....weird....

But Bob is cool! And the songs are fun. And the french peas are hilarious.

Heh

I've never seen SpongeBob. Don't have cable or satellite or anything...and, yeah.[/b][/size][/quote]

[FONT=arial]took the words right out of my mouth. Veggie Tales is awesome! what could possibly be better than 3D vegetables acting out crazy parodies of Bible stories? .....:bluesweat heehee, I love Larry. "Hey look, a cebu!"

Spongebob is okay, I don't prefer it much though. some episodes are pretty funny, but as a whole I'd rather leave it alone.[/FONT]
Guest boogeta
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by shadowdramon [/i]
[B]Some cartoons don't have to make sense all the time to be good. Looney Tunes had more nonsense in between 3-15 minute shorts than SpongeBob Squarepants could ever pull off in one thirty minute episode and yet most of these have been classics for 60+ years. I am not a huge fan of SpongeBob but I find it entertaining. I just don't understand, fully, the appeal of the show.

Cow and Chicken and I am Weasel were favorites of mine until I saw how low they could go. Don't get me started on Ren and Stimpy and The Ripping Friends. [/B][/QUOTE] Looney toons is cool only because of the the pranks in it while spogebobs pranks are stupid

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...