OtakuBoards

Pokemon that were never raised by you...

Darkmoon

[size=1]I don't think anyone has ever raised all the Pokemon, and most likely there are a few that you really want to but have never gotten the chance to or had the pateince. Down below I have listed the pokemon that I would love to raise once but have never been able to.

I would like to raise a:

Merril- never been able to even FIND one... Someone told me (and the pokedex said) that they can be found in that cave [can't remember the name at the moment] but they never show and you need a trainer to tell you about them... Never found that trainer o.O;;

Ladyba- They are very hard to raise... I got one to level 20 before I gave up... It just kept fainting -.-

Staryu- No reason. Just something new.

Dewgong- I did acually raise one. But that was just to complete my pokedex (which I did do ONCE in red), but it wasn't really part of my team.

Cubone- He's cute :p

Vulpix- Not in any of my games... I don't remember if it's in Silver or not acually...o.O

What are some pokemon that you would like to raise but have never been able to 'cause either a) They are to far away and to low a level to try and raise (you've gotten to far into the game) b)'cause a friend or a sibling has been to lazy to trade them to you, or c) You're just to darn lazy or can't find them.
[/size]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]I've always really wanted the whole Eevee family in one party. I've only gotten as far as Eevee, Vaporeon, Flareon, Jolteon, and Umbreon. I never had an Eevee left, and I could never find the time to get an espeon. Since I came home so late while I played my Gold version often, I could only have 30 minutes to get myself an espeon.

I also wanted to have enough patiance to raise a staryu to a starmie in Gold Version. I ended up dropping my staryu each time, because it kept making me lose my money, trying to get it more power ups to raise its attack...[/color] [/size]

[color=crimson]Back when I was playing, I tried to raise a Dratini early on on my R/B/Y. On G/S, I tried to bring Lavitar up. But both take SO LONG to grow up, both level wise and experience wise. >.< And they are pretty weak and without many good attacks early on. (Before you ask, yes, I GS'ed to get them early on. :bluesweat)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Saiya-jinro [/i]
[B]About Maril. You don't need that trainer too tell you. all he says, is when theres alot of them around. That's all. and the name of the cave is Mt. Mortor [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=red]In Gold and Silver, you ned to talk to Hiker Parry on Route 46 in order to find Marill. In Crystal, you don't need to because they don't swarm! I have an Azumarill in Crystal because they're so easy to catch there![/COLOR]

• 5 weeks later...
[QUOTE]Vulpix- Not in any of my games... I don't remember if it's in Silver or not acually...o.O[/QUOTE]

Actually, Vulpix is in Silver. Try looking around Routes 36 and 37 in Johto, and Routes 7 and 8 in Kanto.

[QUOTE]Anyone know any cheats how to get them??![/QUOTE]
If you want Gameshark codes, I can help you there, but since I don't have the Pokemon codebook on me, you can just pay a visit to Gameshark.com.

I wanna raise Chinchou. They seem pretty versatile.

[color=royalblue]That's very true. Chinchou are pretty versatile. Seeing as it's a Water/Electric-type, they get protection from Electric attacks and a little protection (but not much) from Ground-types, but seeing as how they can learn Water moves, they can make short work of them. I've been training a Lanturn for a while now. ^^

I personally would like to raise a Scizor, an Articuno, and a Rhydon. Scizor's always been a favorite of mine, as has Articuno, and Rhydon just seemd an interesting Pokémon to raise, as it hardly learns any moves normally that match it's type, if any at all.[/color]

In Red/Blue/Yellow, Rhydon can only learn Normal moves. In Gold/Silver/Crystal, Rhyhorn and Rhydon gets Scary Face and ground-type Earthquake added.

I would like to raise mostly Fire pokemon (Cyndaquil, Charmander, and Ho-oh mainly) but I also would like to raise Chinchou, Abra, Natu, and Smeargle.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SapphireKumamon [/i]
[B]In Red/Blue/Yellow, Rhydon can only learn Normal moves. In Gold/Silver/Crystal, Rhyhorn and Rhydon gets Scary Face and ground-type Earthquake added.[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Yeah, that's what I figured. I just couldn't remember at the time. *smacks self for not remembering* :p [/color]

[QUOTE][B]I would like to raise mostly Fire pokemon (Cyndaquil, Charmander, and Ho-oh mainly) but I also would like to raise Chinchou, Abra, Natu, and Smeargle. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]Raising a Smeargle is one of the most interesting things to do in Pokémon because of the fact it can learn any move with Sketch. The bad thing about it is, however, is that it's Special Attack isn't that good, so it can't put a good use to the great moves it can learn.[/color]

[size=1][color=crimson]I would [i]love[/i] to raise a Ledyba, Scizor, Ryhorn, Spinarak and a Smeargle. I tried a Ledyba once and got it a few levels before its evolution level and I just gave up because it was so weak. I did manage to get an Ariados once, but I put it back into the PC as soon as it evolved, but its a very cool Pokemon. Scizor, well, I have one and I find it really hard to train (since the lower-level wild Pokemon are too weak and the higher-level ones are too strong), so I just kinda gave up. I find that Ryhorns are just very cool and can be really strong when at a high level (I don't like Rydons though o_O). And Smeargle, yeah, I guess they're just interesting with their Sketch move. :)[/size][/color]

[QUOTE]The bad thing about it is, however, is that it's Special Attack isn't that good, so it can't put a good use to the great moves it can learn.[/QUOTE]

It is too bad. With a gameshark you could probably turn it into a fighting machine. Last time I played Silver with a gameshark, I had it equipped with a Quick Claw and had sketched Lugia's Aeroblast and Ho-oh's Sacred Fire. I beat Erika no sweat.

[B]It is too bad. With a gameshark you could probably turn it into a fighting machine. Last time I played Silver with a gameshark, I had it equipped with a Quick Claw and had sketched Lugia's Aeroblast and Ho-oh's Sacred Fire. I beat Erika no sweat. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=royalblue]I guess so, seeing as both Flying and Fire-type moves are super-effective against Grass-type Pokémon, lol. I myself taught my Smeargle Quick Attack, Flamethrower, Take Down, and Psychic. Needless to say, it's just a show Pokémon and I never use it. :p[/color]

• 3 weeks later...
[B]In Red/Blue/Yellow, Rhydon can only learn Normal moves. In Gold/Silver/Crystal, Rhyhorn and Rhydon gets Scary Face and ground-type Earthquake added.

I would like to raise mostly Fire pokemon (Cyndaquil, Charmander, and Ho-oh mainly) but I also would like to raise Chinchou, Abra, Natu, and Smeargle. [/B][/QUOTE]

Chinchou: I agree with you. Chinchou is a pretty hard Pokemon to find. I only bothered to catch one in Silver and Crystal. You have to fish for one, which is a bummer... same goes for Corsola.

Cyndaquil: Yeegh, it sure is hard to get a Cyndaquil after picking Chikorita or Totodile as your first Pokemon... Well, it's not so hard if you have Gold, Silver, and Crystal; all you have to do is get a different starter in each game!

Charmander: Yeegh, it sure is hard to get a Charmander after picking Bulbasaur or Squirtle as your first Pokemon... of course, if you have Yellow, that's different...

Ho-oh: Ho-oh is REALLY hard to catch! I haven't even tried to catch one! Well, I used a Master Ball on it, but otherwise...

Smeargle: Smeargles are really hard to catch. I tried to catch one with my Ditto, but it kept fleeing... I have one in Silver, but its stats aren't the best...

Natu: Natus are really fun to raise! All I do is catch one, teach it Hidden Power (which, in this case, is an Electric attack), battle with it in Cianwood City or something (any place where you can fish), evolve it into Xatu, teach it Fly, and boom! I got myself a powerful Pokemon! The only thing is, you have to go through Union Cave to get to the place where you can catch them... it took me a long time to find that place...

Abra: Abras are also really fun to raise, especially if you have someone to trade with, a TM or two, and a little cash. Abras are really hard to catch because they keep teleporting away, so I've never actually caught one. What I do is go to the Game Corner. You can get an Abra there for just 200 coins! (250 in G/S/C) I just buy some coins and cash them in for an Abra! And, after that, I go buy some TMs (Thunderpunch, Psychic, or Mega Punch) Then, I battle with it to get it to level 16, which is really easy in R/B/Y since it starts at L15 there! Then, Abra evolves into Kadabra! After that, I just find someone to trade Pokemon with, trade Kadabra, and it evolves into Alakazam! Then I get Alakazam back in a trade and start battling with it! Hee hee hee... once you catch an Abra and get it to L16 (and, if possible, trade it), it's very easy after that! Maybe that's why Alakazam is my best Pokemon in all of my games... Alakazams sure are powerful if you teach them the right attacks!

Anyway, I've always wanted to raise a Chansey. I've been looking for one, but they're hard to find, no matter which version you're in! I caught one in Yellow (which I restarted), and it was a pain trying to raise it! The battles with it took forever! I've been meaning to catch a Chansey in Crystal with a Friend Ball and evolve it into Blissey, if I can find one...

I've also tried to raise a Shuckle, but every battle with one is slow and boring! I've given up on raising Shuckle. However, it's very easy to get one--all you have to do is enter this house in Cianwood City and talk to the single man in there. He will tell you about your rival taking one of his Pokemon, and he'll give you a Shuckle! Cool, huh? Another thing is, I heard that if you give Shuckle a Berry and use it in battle, the Berry will turn into a Berry Juice. I tried it, and it didn't work... :bawl: Oh well...

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm, I never really raised thoughs first pokemon I caught....ratata, caterpie, weedle...ect...

I've always wanted a strong Butterfree though, I never had the patience to stick with leveling up...

Lavitar...Hard to find, and sorta hard to catch when you finally find them...If memory serves right, they're so much weaker than you, while you're way stronger....then there's Dratini, swinub, Teddiursa....Togepi and definately Smeargle....